James Bond

The Staff Team

Please take this as a feedback and a suggestion thread.

We are lacking in-game help from the staff team. I've not seen this much inactivity and unwillingness to help from the staff team since joining in 2015. I've seen tons of players get staff throughout the years and a majority of the teams do well, unfortunately 2020 has given us a team that either is online on an alt account or has their PM off completely. If their PM is online they are likely ignoring you, it's very annoying.

• ::help zone is not used for help at all, I believe this zone was created for the intentions of it being used as a help zone for staff/players alike.

- Possibly create a command "::ticket (*message here*)" for the staff team to see only.

This command would act as a directory for the staff team to cypher through what is urgent and what is not. This could limit the staff team from needing to have their PMs on at all and can strictly be on a ticket by ticket basis in-game.

Example; ::ticket I am being ragged by XXXX player and he is at Edgeville.

• CREATE a way to recover your account's PIN and or Password through email. Several players have waited WEEKS for their password to be recovered, it's a very tedious process and this can be avoided if we actually had integration of Emails and Account information. Spawnpk is in the stone age when it comes to this, most servers have had this for ages.

• One of your biggest ways of donating to the server is through OSGP donations. Waiting for a staff member to handle this can be timesome. I would recommend an easier way of processing OSGP donations, having a live chat on the forums would be GREAT.

• ADD more Helpers. We have not seen a promotion in quite some time and with Tevin's new rank of CM he has this power to promote, I think there is a few players willing to do a great job as helper but there seems to be a delay with this happening.

• Staff members are telling players they are "not working".. I feel like this is an issue in itself, when has it ever been a Job? I always found that helping players in the lowest tier (responding in help cc, boosting morale in the yell chat, etc.) was great for bringing in players and keeping the community less toxic. We need it to be regulated more, players are bashing the staff team for being unhelpful and unresponsive as a whole. 

Thanks for reading, hopefully some of this is considered.

Edited by James Bond
  • Like 2

fully support ive never come across a server where it is so difficult to get help 

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2020 at 12:42 AM, Purdue2 said:

We have staff on this server?

No we don't. We only got some clueless kurdish cunt who only answers questions like "where can i train prayer" in help cc. That's about it.

20 minutes ago, SPARTAN MILF said:

No we don't. We only got some clueless kurdish cunt who only answers questions like "where can i train prayer" in help cc. That's about it.

Have we ever had staff on this server which isn't abusive as hell

On 3/2/2020 at 8:40 PM, E O O E VII said:

Have we ever had staff on this server which isn't abusive as hell

Yes, me and tevin. 

legit takes the staff team months to check appeals n the only people who actually do check appeals is ascend and Tevin, that's it, like wats the rest of the staff good for but I do support this thread 

+1 support

ps add some actual staff members that are active and wont ignore pms :)

took 6 months for an appeal to be check just to be denied, then it sasy try again in 28 days just to wait 5 more months for next one, staff dont respond on discord only staff u can get a response from is tevin even then its hard.

Staff will never change on here. This isn't a personal attack at them, Ryan just picks the wrong members. There's so much potential for this game but staff are the backbone and 90% of the current staff team either suck at their job or just aren't even close to being active enough.

Yeah I've never seen a server get so big with such a poor staff community. I constantly think about how much potential this server has and how massive it would be with a real staff team. There's almost never anyone on helping people at all (0 staff for 300 players) and when they are they stay on private and will say shit like "i'm not helping people right now I'm just afk pvming/merching"... OKAY DONT BE STAFF THAN IF YOU ONLY  WANT TO PLAY THE GAME AND NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT STAFF THINGS REEEEEEEE

9 hours ago, 420sad said:

Yeah I've never seen a server get so big with such a poor staff community. I constantly think about how much potential this server has and how massive it would be with a real staff team. There's almost never anyone on helping people at all (0 staff for 300 players) and when they are they stay on private and will say shit like "i'm not helping people right now I'm just afk pvming/merching"... OKAY DONT BE STAFF THAN IF YOU ONLY  WANT TO PLAY THE GAME AND NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT STAFF THINGS REEEEEEEE 

Which is why they should hire people to be helpers and pay them an hourly salary, this is a business after all, if all they have are volunteers then they'll get volunteer effort.

Staff team needs to do something about appeal wait times. I only comment this because coincidentally someone has decided to make this thread. 

At this point, its either a lack of management for appeals or its some purposeful tactic in the appeal process; dragging out appeal wait times for whatever reason they might be doing so, perhaps to make better judgement, as the saying goes : time heals everything. 

But either way, while it may be a theoretically plausible idea to drag out appeals, I do find it quite unethical. 

Please attend to them.

1 hour ago, sonny said:

Which is why they should hire people to be helpers and pay them an hourly salary, this is a business after all, if all they have are volunteers then they'll get volunteer effort.

Two reasons why they aren't, and will never pay a salary to helpers. 

1. Over-abundance of supply; plenty of people are willing to become helpers for free.

2. No way to appraise individual performance other than community feedback which just simply isn't technical and precise enough to even attempt in the first place, hence its better when the stakes are low; when your helpers aren't paid. 

Plus they would have to 'employ' or 'contract' them. Meaning the situation can become legal, although everyone would be incentivized not to have it that way, but at the end of the day a possibility for liability would still exist.

Edited by x2wo
  • Like 1

+1 for the discussion.

On 2/27/2020 at 4:49 AM, James Bond said:

Please take this as a feedback and a suggestion thread.

We are lacking in-game help from the staff team. I've not seen this much inactivity and unwillingness to help from the staff team since joining in 2015. I've seen tons of players get staff throughout the years and a majority of the teams do well, unfortunately 2020 has given us a team that either is online on an alt account or has their PM off completely. If their PM is online they are likely ignoring you, it's very annoying.

• ::help zone is not used for help at all, I believe this zone was created for the intentions of it being used as a help zone for staff/players alike.

- Possibly create a command "::ticket (*message here*)" for the staff team to see only.

This command would act as a directory for the staff team to cypher through what is urgent and what is not. This could limit the staff team from needing to have their PMs on at all and can strictly be on a ticket by ticket basis in-game.

Example; ::ticket I am being ragged by XXXX player and he is at Edgeville.

• CREATE a way to recover your account's PIN and or Password through email. Several players have waited WEEKS for their password to be recovered, it's a very tedious process and this can be avoided if we actually had integration of Emails and Account information. Spawnpk is in the stone age when it comes to this, most servers have had this for ages.

• One of your biggest ways of donating to the server is through OSGP donations. Waiting for a staff member to handle this can be timesome. I would recommend an easier way of processing OSGP donations, having a live chat on the forums would be GREAT.

• ADD more Helpers. We have not seen a promotion in quite some time and with Tevin's new rank of CM he has this power to promote, I think there is a few players willing to do a great job as helper but there seems to be a delay with this happening.

• Staff members are telling players they are "not working".. I feel like this is an issue in itself, when has it ever been a Job? I always found that helping players in the lowest tier (responding in help cc, boosting morale in the yell chat, etc.) was great for bringing in players and keeping the community less toxic. We need it to be regulated more, players are bashing the staff team for being unhelpful and unresponsive as a whole. 

Thanks for reading, hopefully some of this is considered.

My opinion on all of these points:

• ::ticket would be awesome to get players the help they needed, but i don't see it being any different than ::forums and posting under the "help" section
  • Account pins and recovery are WAY TOO LENGTHY - I don't know why we don't use email recovery, but can only assume for security reasons (hackers,etc) To fix this we could also allow select staff members the ability to do pin resets/pass resets
  • OSGP Donations +1 - Seems we are limited on staff members that have the "power" to do these. Maybe allow more members to do so, as well as you stated - Have a live feed of people wanting to donate
  • Adding helpers - BIG +1. Everyone on the staff team starts somewhere... If the lack of staff is that big of a problem(guess this is for Ryan to decide), getting more would be ideal
  • I, and i'm sure the rest of the team are guilty of the "not working" idea. Sometimes you just want to PK uninterrupted, or just not worry about being bothered. I think this also comes down to the ratio of staff to players... At any given time its likely 1 staff member to 150 players
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bowflexxx said:

+1 for the discussion.

My opinion on all of these points:

• ::ticket would be awesome to get players the help they needed, but i don't see it being any different than ::forums and posting under the "help" section
  • Account pins and recovery are WAY TOO LENGTHY - I don't know why we don't use email recovery, but can only assume for security reasons (hackers,etc) To fix this we could also allow select staff members the ability to do pin resets/pass resets
  • OSGP Donations +1 - Seems we are limited on staff members that have the "power" to do these. Maybe allow more members to do so, as well as you stated - Have a live feed of people wanting to donate
  • Adding helpers - BIG +1. Everyone on the staff team starts somewhere... If the lack of staff is that big of a problem(guess this is for Ryan to decide), getting more would be ideal
  • I, and i'm sure the rest of the team are guilty of the "not working" idea. Sometimes you just want to PK uninterrupted, or just not worry about being bothered. I think this also comes down to the ratio of staff to players... At any given time its likely 1 staff member to 150 players

For the "ticket" suggestion, many players, such as myself, for the most-part hardly use forums. We often have issues in-game that are easily fixable with immediate attention, making it pointless to hop over onto forums, log in, create a thread, and wait for a response. This is even more relevant when the community has little faith in the staff teams ability to respond on a timely basis via forums, not saying thats the case, but perhaps a plausible scenario.

Since starting the server, I have noticed a distinct lack in staff,

There's a particular player which assisted me the entire time I was online, but this person was not staff, I could not find staff assistance, ever. 

There should be a new iteration of helpers ASAP, I agree, the Ticket system seems to have good merit also. 

Adding more helpers would be a big help already (pun intended). They should be capable of categorizing the problems and delivering them to the right staff member, +1. I understand why staff members don't get paid, supply & demand... I also understand that even staff members play this game for fun, and yes, that also includes not helping everyone whenever you use your spare time for some pking, pvming or merching. The ratio of staff to players is absurd at times... as @bowflexxx said, 1 to 150 is crazy! Mind you, at time this can be even higher!

I also feel like lower rank staff members need to have more "powers". A pass reset, a pin reset could be done by other staff members too instead of a very select few. This would clear time for the very select few to deal with tickets that only they can handle.

To summarize i'd say, bring more helpers aboard and distribute the abilities per staff rank more "evenly"

Edited by uly