Sign in to follow this  
Phenomenon

Have the past 2 spawnPK Updates done more Good or bad? Let your voice be heard here!

There is generally one community on this forums they always complain about pking updates ....

1. Can't handle infinite run. (stamina pots) (less inventory space for food)

2. Can't handle high hits and accuracy.

3. Can't handle not having venom to kill noobs (Venom pots) (less inventory space for food)

4. Can't handle (Suggestion) People teleing in wild (TABS?)

5. Pvm bosses in wilderness (Killing pvmers) LOL

Thank you for making this post I fully agree with the accuracy being shit now I dislike how the ticking is slow now it was so much more interesting being quick it added a different level of switching and was much more skillful. No problem with raid items its interesting although elder maul seems much stronger than lets say twisted bow... I have attempted 4 skilling tasks received a BC cannon, claws, trident of the seas and a little cash. They were easy to be fair... Pking ones yet to test

exactly bro literally made it so boring to where u just have to hope and pray for a prod spec to kill your oponent but thats rare even still now

This is so true what both of you are saying about 0's and specs, it is very likely to double spec 0. Who wants to grind out 20 specs for a 70? on a rsps? its supposed to be easier than runescape of course

Edited by pj3r

Tbh i liked this server cause of the old system now every update is like "just like osrs" if thats so thafk im doing here id go play osrs

Well i think this update did messed up this game, my reason's are that this is not osrs its spawnpk.. the delays,eating etc shouldn't be like osrs. Like i said i liked before this update came up because this is how spawnpk has been for quite awhile now. Trying to make it better will just ruin it, just like Runescape 3. Thanks for taking the time reading this :)

Honestly i dont mind the food change and tick but i want some type of melee buff because at the moment main pking is super boring in edgeville right now

You guys ever hit 230 zeros in a course of five risk fights with my man I Eat Bread? you dont know the pain if hitting 20 zeros in a row before eating a rocktail boy, please for the love of god revert melee

it would be amazing if the old accuracy was to make a comeback as it was much easier to pk with and a lot more fun whereas now u can barely hit making the expensive weapons relatively useless

EDIT: Old accurate back. I have seen that ags dont hit never..

Edited by erikkfc
old accurate back!

I want the old accuracy back, risk fighting was fun now its mostly 0s and 15s, and i lost my bank at duel due to hitting 0s and 4s on whips its so boring and sad.

OLD ACCURACY BACK PLEASE

Useless, futile pointless thread tbh.

Go back to begging in the chatbox.

Keep on topic, if you havent got an arguments for or against the topic stay of it.

This topic has gained quite a bit of traction, so I figured I'd make an official response to keep you guys updated.

It is very clear to me that the recent changes have been controversial, particularly for the players who've been playing SpawnPK for a longer amount of time prior to the updates. Some of the tweaks have been helping us retain new players at much better rates (since there are more "RS-like" mechanics) but I don't believe all of the tweaks are necessary for this result.

Tick system:

On the next update I'll be bringing back the sub-tick (200ms) system, but with better switching than before. Although the new system is more comparative to RS, I agree that the responsive clicks gives SpawnPK a slightly more unique and faster pace. It's a style/feel of gameplay that many of us have grown to love.

Melee accuracy:

The responses on this tweak seems to be divided. A large portion of players favor it, while another large portion dislike it. This has to do with the player's choice of weapons and how much more they prefer traditional RS mechanics/combat. I've decided to find a middle ground, and give a slightly higher boost to melee accuracy on the next update. The boost won't be like the original, but it will still be higher than it is now. Hopefully I'll be able to find the "sweet spot" where majority of the players are happy.

On a final note, I'd like to say that I deeply appreciate everyone's feedback. Things like this are hard to adjust, because there isn't any particular system where EVERYBODY is satisfied. There will always be a portion of people who subjectively see it as flawed or inferior, but our main goal is to reduce the size of that portion to the best of our ability.

This topic has gained quite a bit of traction, so I figured I'd make an official response to keep you guys updated.

It is very clear to me that the recent changes have been controversial, particularly for the players who've been playing SpawnPK for a longer amount of time prior to the updates. Some of the tweaks have been helping us retain new players at much better rates, since there are more "RS-like" mechanics, but I don't believe all of these tweaks are necessary.

Tick system:

On the next update I'll be bringing back the sub-tick (200ms) system, but with better switching than before. Although the new system is more comparative to RS, I agree that the responsive clicks gives SpawnPK a slightly more unique and faster pace. It's a style/feel of gameplay that many of us have grown to love.

Melee accuracy:

The responses on this tweak seems to be divided. A large portion of players favor it, while another large portion dislike it. This has to do with the player's choice of weapons and how much more they prefer traditional RS mechanics/combat. I've decided to find a middle ground, and give a slightly higher boost to melee accuracy on the next update. The boost won't be like the original, but it will still be higher than it is now. Hopefully I'll be able to find the "sweet spot" where majority of the players are happy.

On a final note, I'd like to say that I deeply appreciate everyone's feedback. Things like this are hard to adjust, because there isn't any particular system where EVERYBODY is satisfied. There will always be a portion of people who subjectively see it as flawed or inferior, but our main goal is to reduce the size of that portion to the best of our ability.

Thanks Bob the Builder :x

It is very clear to me that the recent changes have been controversial, particularly for the players who've been playing SpawnPK for a longer amount of time prior to the updates. Some of the tweaks have been helping us retain new players at much better rates (since there are more "RS-like" mechanics) but I don't believe all of the tweaks are necessary for this result.

Tick system:

Melee accuracy:

Thanks for understanding and doing your best to meet everyone's expectations and needs

Tick system:

Melee accuracy:

even thought your not making just like it used to be i really appreciate you listening to the feedback and trying your best to make everyone happy i just hope its a more then noticeable change.

I don't like the changes. If I wanted to play 07 I would play 07. SPK was unique and that's what made it fun.

I don't like the changes. If I wanted to play 07 I would play 07. SPK was unique and that's what made it fun.

i totally agree with you bro. This is not 07 i fell in love with spawnpk how it was kinda sad to see these big changes put in to be honest this server is not known for being 07 like and should not start there are too many out in my opinion as it is we need to stay unique!

i agree with fixate, this is a private server not 07 it should be unique, the update has it goods and bads however in my opinion i don't mind it but others may reconsider now this is my BIGGEST PROBLEM all these "0s" while melee playerkilling, even barrage ancient spell x10 splash in max OP gear what's up with that?!. honestly other than anything else nice update Ryan!

Keep it up.

OLD COMBAT BACK PLZ :cool:

Tick system:

Melee accuracy:

Read what ryan said nublet. :)

the tick thing is pretty bad, when you switch item it has a pretty big delay, specially if you shoot with rune cbow to ags. you cant press special attack if you 1 tick aka press the player, it has already attacked (poked)

sorry for bad explaining

Tick system:

Melee accuracy:

Thank you. The Ticks system is, no offense really unnecessary. It's irritating and really jus a bad update overall.