Sign in to follow this  
Mod 4 Po please

2 Big suggestions and 1 small suggestion.

- ::Edgepvp

Players should be able to type the command '::edgepvp' or '::pvp'

Which would teleport them into the bank of an instanced version of edgeville, with pvp world type mechanics.

As soon as one walks out the bank they are able to attack, or be attacked by others.

Elemental weapons, Korasi, all pets, primal, chaotics, all spirit shields (except the 'spirit shield' and 'blessed spirit shield),

and nex armour should be disabled here.

This will be a perfect spot for Hybrids & Tribrids (and maybe even venge pkers) to 1v1 each other,

without being in the dangers of deep wilderness.

As well as this, it may even attract more pkers to the server.

- Pathing fix

This is a really big deal, as listening to this suggestion would mean thinking about the core mechanics of the game.

However I think every pker can agree that if done, this would be one of the best possible updates.

On 07, a player is able to attack with melee, while at a distance, and the damage will register before the player meets the target.

I believe the distance is 4 squares, if a player (with melee), is within this distance of a target;

and clicks on the target, or has clicked on the target, the damage will register instantly.

Unless of course the player is frozen.

How the pathing works on spawnpk: (Clips supplied by Mourinho)

o7gbmzr.gif

WgIGCXJ.gif

JFkN8gh.gif

How it works on 07:

eaF4uRg.gif

0PHErii.gif

- Change super combat pot design

The super combat design looks a bit weird and I think it should be changed to the 07 look:

BO693xf.png

- Implement the blood shop potions as flasks, into the donator coin shop.

A 'Super Combat Flask' should be added to the donator coin shop at d zone, along with the

pets, only available for super donators to purchase for a suggested amount of: 50m each.

They would look just like any other flask, except with the dark green colour I suggested the current super combat pot should be.

Along with this, 'Stamina Flask' and 'Anti-Venom Flask' should be added to the shop.

For a suggested price of: 30-50m

Edited by Mod 4 Po please

I'm pretty sure someone on staff told me Ryan was working on both pathfinding + object clipping unless i'm remembering incorrectly.

As for the edge pvp, I do not feel it is an opportune time with how few PKers we have on the server to divide the wilderness even more. Maybe if the wilderness was more active but currently forcing people to go to the deep wilderness because there are no other options is pretty much the only thing keeping any PKers there. Sure there's PvMers but 9\10 times killing them is a waste of time anyways. If it were to be added with the server in its current state I feel it would do more damage than good. If someone is really that desperate for a 1v1 area that's not in deep wilderness walk literally 20 steps across Edge bridge or not even that far, go near the jail. It is also extremely, extremely unlikely that any other PKers will be attracted to the server by this. Why would they be?

The color the super combat potions is something that was reported quite a while ago, the reason they currently look like they do is because the pre existing item used to make them was the Goblin Potion and the model was not changed afterwards. Ryan has changed other items/models in the past like the Berserker Ring (i) and Antivenom potions so i'm sure he can do this.

As for making them into flasks I don't see why not, perhaps do the same thing with antivenom and stamina potions. Due to the fact that it's only another 2 doses of potion I think the price should be more 25-30m as opposed to 50m however.

I'm pretty sure someone on staff told me Ryan was working on both pathfinding + object clipping unless i'm remembering incorrectly.

As for the edge pvp, I do not feel it is an opportune time with how few PKers we have on the server to divide the wilderness even more. Maybe if the wilderness was more active but currently forcing people to go to the deep wilderness because there are no other options is pretty much the only thing keeping any PKers there. Sure there's PvMers but 9\10 times killing them is a waste of time anyways. If it were to be added with the server in its current state I feel it would do more damage than good. If someone is really that desperate for a 1v1 area that's not in deep wilderness walk literally 20 steps across Edge bridge or not even that far, go near the jail. It is also extremely, extremely unlikely that any other PKers will be attracted to the server by this. Why would they be?

The color the super combat potions is something that was reported quite a while ago, the reason they currently look like they do is because the pre existing item used to make them was the Goblin Potion and the model was not changed afterwards. Ryan has changed other items/models in the past like the Berserker Ring (i) and Antivenom potions so i'm sure he can do this.

As for making them into flasks I don't see why not, perhaps do the same thing with antivenom and stamina potions. Due to the fact that it's only another 2 doses of potion I think the price should be more 25-30m as opposed to 50m however.

I agree, it's also a good idea to make flasks of the other blood shop pots. - I'll add them to suggestions.

Idk about the price. I just thought 50m because having 3 flasks, mixed into 1, is really, really valuable.

There are very few pkers in the game atm, true.

However I think, and I'm sure 90% of brids can agree with me, that adding edgepvp will attract more.

And have a place people can afk at, and stay at.

Instead of teleporting to graves, seeing no one there, and teleporting away.

All players, especially new, can know for sure where the hybrids/tribrids will be at, if they want to 1v1.

I'm sure edgepvp will harm single 1v1ing in the wilderness. But it will NOT harm single 1v1ing on spawnpk.

However, edgepvp will not harm clan pking.

Edgepvp is a great update, please do not try to stop it because it will disable you from ragging.

Maybe try bridding for once?

I'm sure edgepvp will harm single 1v1ing in the wilderness.

Literally all that needs to be said. It doesn't matter whether or not people will be able to 1v1 on SPK if the wilderness is dead. If you've been in the wilderness recently then you know it needs as many people in it as possible. With the way it is at the moment, creating any area to draw attention away from the wilderness will only be causing long term damage to the server for very short term benefits (considerably, considerably short term considering how few people this would actually benefit on the server currently.) Trying to become another server (and we both know what server you're modeling this idea after) is not the way to go for a server that has very little in common with that server. What works on that server works because it is that server. This server is a separate entity and trying to take aspects of another server and force them onto this one which has far more differences than similarities is not going to be successful.

Edited by i just rag

Literally all that needs to be said. It doesn't matter whether or not people will be able to 1v1 on SPK if the wilderness is dead. If you've been in the wilderness recently then you know it needs as many people in it as possible. With the way it is at the moment, creating any area to draw attention away from the wilderness will only be causing long term damage to the server for very short term benefits (considerably, considerably short term considering how few people this would actually benefit on the server currently.) Trying to become another server (and we both know what server you're modeling this idea after) is not the way to go for a server that has very little in common with that server. What works on that server works because it is that server. This server is a separate entity and trying to take aspects of another server and force them onto this one which has far more differences than similarities is not going to be successful.

I'm not modelling it of any server, I'm modelling it off of many servers, where it has been successful.

I legit cannot understand what your argument actually is. You've said it will ruin the server and it will only work in the short term, but you haven't really explained anything, you're just typing words.

The wilderness is so dead it's not even a joke anymore. You teleport to graves and there is no one there.

Contrast that with what would happen if we had a ::edgepvp, at peak times there would be many people there since it would be known that edgepvp is the place to go if you want to 1v1.

Right now it's kind of murky, it's magebank, kraken, brutals, graveyard. No one really knows where to go if they want to 1v1 fight. Especially new players.

As well as this. Since edgepvp is not in wildy, and there is a safe bank, players can teleport there and afk, if there is not anyone else to fight. Players can wait for fights, and get them when others come, instead of teleport back out because there is no one at graveyard + they don't want to afk in wildy.

EDIT:

Yes it will harm the wilderness 1v1 scene, but does this even matter because it's so dead?

You're the only one that does not support edgepvp, and everyone knows it would attract a lot of players for 1v1s.

'Just because it worked with one server, doesn't mean it will work with this one'

Explain? Logic please? Spasmoid?

Edgepvp is well known to be a great feature for pvp servers. Spawnpk is a pvp server.

I'm not modelling it of any server, I'm modelling it off of many servers, where it has been successful.

I legit cannot understand what your argument actually is. You've said it will ruin the server and it will only work in the short term, but you haven't really explained anything, you're just typing words.

The wilderness is so dead it's not even a joke anymore. You teleport to graves and there is no one there.

Contrast that with what would happen if we had a ::edgepvp, at peak times there would be many people there since it would be known that edgepvp is the place to go if you want to 1v1.

Right now it's kind of murky, it's magebank, kraken, brutals, graveyard. No one really knows where to go if they want to 1v1 fight. Especially new players.

As well as this. Since edgepvp is not in wildy, and there is a safe bank, players can teleport there and afk, if there is not anyone else to fight. Players can wait for fights, and get them when others come, instead of teleport back out because there is no one at graveyard + they don't want to afk in wildy.

EDIT:

Yes it will harm the wilderness 1v1 scene, but does this even matter because it's so dead?

You're the only one that does not support edgepvp, and everyone knows it would attract a lot of players for 1v1s.

'Just because it worked with one server, doesn't mean it will work with this one'

Explain? Logic please? Spasmoid?

Edgepvp is well known to be a great feature for pvp servers. Spawnpk is a pvp server.

Idk why you're saying other peoples' logic is invalid when you think the cause of the wilderness being dead is too many wilderness locations and nobody knowing to go, whereas your solution is to add yet another one. If Edgepvp is an entirely separate location it would obviously have to be instanced as there is an existing edgeville servicing other purposes. This means you cannot access the rest of the server from here and your belief is that instead of waiting in a wilderness location people will be fine with waiting in the edge bank in a separate location that has no link to the rest of the server where there's nothing else to do? We both know you're basing this off of OSS which once again is an entirely different server. Any other servers which you claim have had this a 'success' in the past are PvP world servers which have that feature and generally only that feature, both of these being entirely different from SpawnPK. There is nothing about edgepvp that prospective players would see and make them decide 'oh i'm going to go play that server' and it's ridiculous to think otherwise. It is not realistic that anyone would come to the server for this and there's a million better updates Ryan could do instead. This will only be another dead wilderness location that very few people will ever visit and anyone searching for a fight there will likely never find one and just find themselves teleporting in and out of it constantly, the same as the currently existing wilderness locations.

Edited by i just rag

How does this look?

9f728b95e6b597662a046e7203e4f282.gif

09526eb5adf649ae92ff4380ec9f7183.gif

Ryan that looks so much better.

My hats off to you.

Even though I am banned this is making me happy LOL

Great programming as always.

Amazing Work Ryan

Is it possible to add that on runex aswell ?

Absolutely