Sign in to follow this  
Phenomenon

Have the past 2 spawnPK Updates done more Good or bad? Let your voice be heard here!

EDIT: Ryan's official response: http://spawnpk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6005&page=4&p=27957&posted=1#post27957

For those of you that aren't aware of what the two recent updates were, Here are the links to both updates:

Most Recent update:[March 3rd, 2017] QoL: Proper Switching, Ticks, and More! http://spawnpk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5968

^The update before: [February 20th, 2017] Task scrolls, New raid items, and much more! http://spawnpk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5775

I'm going to try to keep this argument based off of what I've noticed from the players, and let the players of spawnPK do the emotional aspect.

I Believe the past 2 updates have done more hurt than benefit to the server for the following reasons:

1) Many players are complaining, and actually quitting or contemplating to do so because of issues they have with the way the server works. What they are describing, is mainly directed at the two recent updates. What specifically are they upset about?

A: They are upset about the consistent 0 damage they are giving out when PKing. This was because of the update that happened on February 20th, 2017. The specific section is titled "Changes to accuracy" Under the "Bug fixes and tweaks" category.

B: The "changes to food eating" Which can also be found on February 20th's update under the "bug fixes and tweaks" category.

C: not much has been said on this one other than the fact that everything seems to be occurring "3 seconds later" than the action itself. It appears players think they're actually lagging, or having major 'delay' because of the new update that took place on March 3rd, 2017. I believe that they are referring to the switching, and possible timing or 'ticks'. The section responsible for this would most likely be the

Proper tick system

The server's engine initially had a system of sub-ticks that were counted every 200ms instead of 600ms

This allowed actions, but primarily clicking (walking, equipping, etc.) to be more "reactive"

Although it had its benefits, many things were "off" including the combat system

We have reverted back to the standard 600ms tick system, with stability improvements included

Switching

With the new tick system in place, we made sure the switching is done properly along with it

Switching should be nearly identical to OSRS, with the popular "delay queue"

2: Sure there are more players coming into spawnPK, but there are also players leaving as well. I do not believe that the number of players going up are because of the new updates. I believe that these new players are coming in due to our server youtubers, who are making videos of spawnPK, and the content is so good that its actually bringing in the new players. Growth comes overtime, there is no need to rush it by adding in controversial updates, all this is doing is making some players(Specifically veterans or long-term players) leave, or not as active. That isn't something that can easily be replaced, as i said, growth comes overtime. Also, if i'm correct by saying the server youtubers are the main source of new players coming in, wouldn't i also be correct to assume that if these updates are making spawnPK 'less fun' or 'boring', then the content on their channel won't be as exciting or even consistent (lots of posts) as well?

I'm not quite sure how the other staff are going to feel about me making this post, as it seems as if i'm bashing the server, but i do want to clarify that i am not. I am simply speaking on behalf of the players of spawnPK and i want to give them the opportunity to let out every feeling they have or thought they have about the server, and suggest what we can do to make SpawnPK great again. Regardless of how this may play out, I'm putting my own reputation on the line for you guys.

*Drop the mic*

- Tevin Out.

Just want to thank Tevin for taking his time to make this post.

I don't pk often but the updates are fine for me although the accuracy could be increased a bit I am very curious about what the rest of the server thinks though.

Much love Tevin :)

In my opinion, the tick and switching updates are good and better than they used to be. More importantly it's how it should be.

Secondly, the melee damage update thing is a good update, obviously for non edge pkers mostly but can understand why people complain. The melee update is the only one I wouldn't mind being considered but I believe these updates are for the better and shouldn't be reverted.

in my opinion i would like the 200ms back instead of the 600ms but that's the least of my issue i would just love old accuracy to come back i loved pking on here the way it was and i joined this server for the pking and i hate to see it change that drastically and i pk all day everyday when im not helping and i have seen a decrease in risk fight community especially, so often i see people complain about 0's i can screenshot this if necessary and the people who i see that like it are people using super op gear or people that barely pk at all.

I mean either way people have been coming and going on a regular basis just like always. What I think is getting them is the gambling systems losing all their cake :P other than that I think personally the updates are fine although I think they need to do some rework on the entangles hense splashing constant with max mage gear. Good post Tevin, thank you for your opinions.

Keaton

in my opinion, ill say that this server was different of others only becuz of this pking system. Most people liked it, cuz im pker, i liked it much more, then 07 or any other, i am voting that you need to get back old combat system, and ofc 200ms instead of 600ms.

Regards

- Themyouandm3

im totally agreed, that spawnpk needs to get back 200ms and much more accuracy, which it was before those 2 updates. As themyouandm3 said, this server was only that it had something like that, most peoples liked it.

Wickymoon

Firstly thank you very much for bringing attention to this issue, Tevin.

I fully agree with the issues you raise, about the constant zeros, the delay on everything, the tics. I know they aren't your opinion per se, I mean I completely agree with the notion you bring up, the general discomfort with the updates. However, in my personal opinion, there is one consequence of these updates you didn't seem to mention, and that is the divide growing larger and larger between the effectiveness of standard spec weapons ( ags, claws, swh, vls) and the "op" weapons (somewhat dwh but by far korasi. No one seems to have laid this out in clear terms. Here's the problem with accuracy I refer to-

While whips and the standard spec weapons received the same accuracy nerf all around, dwh seems to be effected far less, and korasi is virtually uneffected. Rasi is this server's most op spec wep, we all know that. But this accuracy update has further widened the gap in effectiveness of specs, leaving standard specs even less reliable and rasi even more op than ever. I dont suspect anyone wants rasi or dwh nerfed, as I'm been made aware by my buddy I Eat Bread that dwh used to actually be able to stand up to rasi, and it suffered a nerf that made rasi the king. Anyway, I dont want any more nerfs, I just figured I'd bring up one more reason that this accuracy nerf needs to be repealed entirely. There have been many times in the last week I went into wildy and saw either

1: only pures because standard pvp is so slow and boring

2: half or more of the standard pvpers in spawn gear doing nothing but prodding rasi because everything else pales in comparison

It should also be noted that the tic/eating update, though unintentionally, promotes people to 2x dwh/ rasi. Harder to eat quickly and effectively makes it that much more enticing to double up on a spec if you get a good first spec.

Also, for whatever reason, this accuracy update has further rigged the duel arena. I don't have the coding know how to understand it, but I have both participated in and watched other players go on loss streaks in numbers unheard of before this update.

As a fairly active pker, and having experienced at least of month of spawnpk pking before this accuracy update came through, as well as talking daily to many of the most active pkers ingame, I think I speak with a fair degree of the playerbase's opinion behind me. Something must be done to resolve the problems these updates caused.

-Felix

I'd like the old accuracy to return to the game. I think that is was fine that way and it made pking a lot more exciting.

but other than that i'm alright with all of the other updates.

I fully agree with the issues you raise, about the constant zeros, the delay on everything, the tics. I know they aren't your opinion per se, I mean I completely agree with the notion you bring up, the general discomfort with the updates. However, in my personal opinion, there is one consequence of these updates you didn't seem to mention, and that is the divide growing larger and larger between the effectiveness of standard spec weapons ( ags, claws, swh, vls) and the "op" weapons (somewhat dwh but by far korasi. No one seems to have laid this out in clear terms. Here's the problem with accuracy I refer to-

While whips and the standard spec weapons received the same accuracy nerf all around, dwh seems to be effected far less, and korasi is virtually uneffected. Rasi is this server's most op spec wep, we all know that. But this accuracy update has further widened the gap in effectiveness of specs, leaving standard specs even less reliable and rasi even more op than ever. I dont suspect anyone wants rasi or dwh nerfed, as I'm been made aware by my buddy I Eat Bread that dwh used to actually be able to stand up to rasi, and it suffered a nerf that made rasi the king. Anyway, I dont want any more nerfs, I just figured I'd bring up one more reason that this accuracy nerf needs to be repealed entirely. There have been many times in the last week I went into wildy and saw either

2: half or more of the standard pvpers in spawn gear doing nothing but prodding rasi because everything else pales in comparison

It should also be noted that the tic/eating update, though unintentionally, promotes people to 2x dwh/ rasi. Harder to eat quickly and effectively makes it that much more enticing to double up on a spec if you get a good first spec.

Also, for whatever reason, this accuracy update has further rigged the duel arena. I don't have the coding know how to understand it, but I have both participated in and watched other players go on loss streaks in numbers unheard of before this update.

As a fairly active pker, and having experienced at least of month of spawnpk pking before this accuracy update came through, as well as talking daily to many of the most active pkers ingame, I think I speak with a fair degree of the playerbase's opinion behind me. Something must be done to resolve the problems these updates caused.

-Felix

i agree with most of this i just want the damn accuracy back most of all lmao

I like this thread, I believe switching back to the old accuracy would make a lot more players more happier and would enjoy the pking aspect of the game again. all ive heard has been negativity about the new updates, I'm personally okay with what happens, as I support this server heavily.

Couldn't of been said any better way. The 2 updates in question i feel should be reverted or at least something should be done.

-Felix

-Felix

Some very valid points you made, thank you for bravely expressing your opinion.

accuracy still needs to be nerfed

and resizable is broken as fuck to a point if you mage

I like it how it is now , there is more of a skill factor with combo eating and timing your hits.

Bring back the 200ms.

I played this server everyday or almost everyday for the last 6 months because of how smooth and quick pking was.

Now there is a delay every where (walking,eating,switching,talking,banking)

When i made my suggestion post about a month ago where i asked a bunch of players what they would like to see in the future, none of the players i asked

said anything about switching or the ticks. http://spawnpk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5352

I cant pk anymore because this delay.

I belive the tick update should be reverted. There is no point in trying to fix somthing that wasnt broken to begin with.

SPK was unique, and people love it for that.

The other updates such as the accuracy nerf is also somthing that should be fixed im not saying bring it back how it used to be but maybe tweaked. Counted 15 0's in a row today.

MAKE SPAWNPK GREAT AGAIN! - UNDO TICK UPDATE!

Bring back the 200ms.

I played this server everyday or almost everyday for the last 6 months because of how smooth and quick pking was.

Now there is a delay every where (walking,eating,switching,talking,banking)

When i made my suggestion post about a month ago where i asked a bunch of players what they would like to see in the future, none of the players i asked

said anything about switching or the ticks. http://spawnpk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5352

I cant pk anymore because this delay.

I belive the tick update should be reverted. There is no point in trying to fix somthing that wasnt broken to begin with.

SPK was unique, and people love it for that.

The other updates such as the accuracy nerf is also somthing that should be fixed im not saying bring it back how it used to be but maybe tweaked. Counted 15 0's in a row today.

MAKE SPAWNPK GREAT AGAIN! - UNDO TICK UPDATE!

In all honesty, as a joke i do like to laugh and count my 0's. Its funny, but its also extremely sad when you look at the concerns brought to this post today. Pvp i literally text on my phone now lol. and Staking, im not sure if it was coincidence, but i spec 0,0 a lot with DDS and whip 0's a lot too. I mean not a little, but to the point where if they hit and you don't, they're walking away with 60 hp, 70hp wins.

In all honesty, as a joke i do like to laugh and count my 0's. Its funny, but its also extremely sad when you look at the concerns brought to this post today. Pvp i literally text on my phone now lol. and Staking, im not sure if it was coincidence, but i spec 0,0 a lot with DDS and whip 0's a lot too. I mean not a little, but to the point where if they hit and you don't, they're walking away with 60 hp, 70hp wins.

exactly bro literally made it so boring to where u just have to hope and pray for a prod spec to kill your oponent but thats rare even still now

Not many people seem to like the new tick system, or the accuracy, it's done more harm than good, I think reverting it would be a good thing.

Undo Tick Update please

I'm not quite sure if this is an alternate forums account, or if you didn't have a forums account and are going to stick with it, or if you made it simply for this thread and to comment on it, however, please try not to make accounts specifically on one type of issue just to get a point across :P. The server's voices will be heard without having to take this route. Lets keep it clean :P. If you just needed a forum account and name, i apologize, but you should think of a better name because i think they're permanent unless they change it for u/ make a new one :P. Don't waste it simply on one forums post xD.

To be honest, Most players want this server to be like old-school runescape. However, they for someone reason fail to realize that this is a private server. Weapons are overpowered and given the current ticks to eat it gives little to no way to out eat 70-80 hits especially if you get rushed. I think the first update was fine but the second one was a little much. Even though i do like the ticks on the weapon switches if it takes for them to be taken as well then so be it. The good does not override the bad in the latest update im sorry but that is my opinion.