Ryan

[August 5th, 2019] Daily challenges, Blood Revenants, QoLs, Fixes, and MUCH MORE!

Next update ETA
August 17th, 2019

Content updates:

• Larran's chest (blood slayer)
    • Blood slayer tasks now have a chance to earn you Larran's key drops (either from wilderness boss kills or player kills depending on your task) which can be used to open a wilderness chest!

kqlFsRE.png

• There are two Larran's chests located in the wilderness, both in their traditional locations
      • Lower risk, lower reward: Located in level 18 wilderness
      • Higher risk, higher reward: Located in level 55 wilderness
      • Opening both chests gives you magic sickness for 60 seconds, so beware!

• Not only does the chest grant you a great amount of currencies and PK supplies at a common rate, but it also has a rare chance to earn you the new Sarachnis cudgel!
      • This one-handed Tier-80 crush weapon has a 115 crush bonus, and 100 strength
      • Special attack ignores 50% of your enemy's crush defence, and deals a second hit equal to 50% of damage from first hit (if the first hit was successful.)

PoTIU7m.png

• Blood revenants (deep wild)
    • Revenants that roam the deep wilderness have been changed to new Blood revenants!
      • This does NOT include the revenant cave dungeon, or in the donator zones

• These revenants have much more rewarding drop tables, and also have a 1/100 chance to spawn a Superior blood-revenant
      kozvsSN.png

• Superior blood-revenants have even better common drop rates & quantities, along with a chance to drop Blood chests!

• Daily challenges (Game tab)
    • Player-killing just got even more rewarding! Collect rewards for various PvP content, some of which stack together with other reward systems (achievements, daily money activities, hotspots, etc.)!

UzPiTm9.png

• You are given three challenges a day, but the challenge's timer does not begin until you start doing the challenge!
      • Potential challenges that you can receive:
        • Deep wild: Kill 50 players in level 30+ wild
          • This main challenge is the only one that you will receive every day
        • Mage bank: Kill 35 players at mage bank or arena
        • Deep singles: Kill 50 players in level 30+ wild singles
        • Revenant caves: Kill 35 players in the revenant caves
        • Blood revenants: Hunt down 100 blood revenants
        • Hybrid & Tribrid: Kill 35 players as a hybrid or tribrid
        • Rogue's chest: Kill 50 players at Rogue's chest

• This new feature also brings an overhaul to the game tab, including:
      • Achievement and challenges tab
      • Player information tab
      • Knowledgebase tab
        • Quick search shortcut for monster drop tables
        • Quick search shortcut for item guides
        • Quick links to the forums, discord, and donation cart

• Hotspot system
    • The hotspot system has been improved to become more rewarding than ever!
    • Wild caskets (hotspot caskets)
      • Greatly increased the drop rate for caskets from player-kills
      • The type of casket you receive is now dependent on your blood orb risk rather than general wealth
        • No blood orb: Beginner wild casket
        • Lesser blood orb: Medium wild casket
        • Greater blood orb+: Blood wild casket
      • Hotspot caskets have been re-named to "wild caskets" which are also available through certain daily challenges

• Case-sensitive usernames
    • New account creations and name changes can now be case sensitive!

CDJcpZy.png

Gameplay changes and QoLs:

• Revenant dungeon
    • Just like in the mage arena, yoshi pet in the revenant dungeon will now auto-grab loot to your inventory rather than bank
      • This change does not apply for the skotizo boss lair

• Bounty system
    • You can now teleport to bounty targets in revenant dungeon with tabs (you will receive a warning dialogue)
    • You can now re-enable multi zone warning dialogues for bounty tab teleports with the new right-click "Warn" option

• Superior wilderness bosses
    • Improved the spawn chance for superior wilderness bosses from 1/250 to 1/150

• Weapon re-balances (PvP)
    • Primal two-handed sword has been re-balanced
    • Third-age longsword has been re-balanced
    • Dragonhunter lance special attack formula has been balanced (particularly against damage soaking gear)
    • Dragon longsword special attack has been re-balanced
    • Balmung special attack will now quick-attack again, but with a one tick delay rather than instantaneously (and slightly less damage)
    • Malevolent sword special atack will now have a chance for the barrelchest sword's divine counter

• Miscellaneous
    • You can now delete names from your friends list by shift + clicking them
    • Added a ::kbd command to teleport near the wilderness ladder
    • Added a new opened looting bag item to visually differentiate its settings
    • The EdgePvP combat formula is now applied in duel arena (this will not effect DDS/Whip duels)
    • Added dragon arrow drops to dark beasts at kharazi
    • Added the new models for dragon hunter c'bow
    • Added the new models for justiciar legs
    • Added the new models for ferocious gloves

Bug fixes:

• Combat fixes
    • Fixed an issue with pathing/walking (this also includes fixes for pathing outside of combat)
    • Fixed issue with vesta's spear special attack double hitting the primary target in multi
    • Fixed issue with scythe of vitur and chinchompa's multi-attack causing auto retaliating players to skull
    • Fixed issue with weapon cancelling
    • Fixed elderblood ring recoil effect
    • Fixed blood slayer ring recoil ring effect

• Miscellaneous
    • You can no longer sip from PoH pools if you have an active PvP timer
    • Fixed graphical bug where capes would show through certain armors
    • Fixed ELO and KDR not being accounted for deaths in EdgePvP
    • Fixed goodie bag obtainment methods in Kharazsi jungle
    • Fixed easter bunny tonic
    • Fixed issue with revenant cave gap (agility shortcuts) improperly interrupting

Post-update patch notes (8/9/2019):

• Added a new "prayer indicator" to the hit drop system

65BIndm.gif

• Revenant cave teleport scrolls are now stackable
  • Dinh's bulwark now has neutral (+0) magic defense bonus
  • You are now required to be level 126 combat to open Larran's chest
  • You are now required to be level 126 combat to fight blood-revenants
  • Fixed blood-revenant spawn locations
    • They would sometimes spawn in unreachable locations like lava islands, black fortress, etc.
  • Fixed blood-revenant knight attack distance
  • Fixed donator zone revenants spawning superior blood-revenants
  • Fixed donator zone revenants counting for blood-revenants daily challenge
  • Fixed donator zone revenants status requirement (super+)
  • Fixed player-killing larran key drops
  • Fixed bloodwyrm drop location for larran keys
  • Fixed "guard" spawns at elite zone
  • Thanks 1

cool, Joshi grab system in caves also apply to player kills?

Edited by sao godo

8 minutes ago, sao godo said:

cool, Joshi grab system in caves also apply to player kills?

If it's the same as mage arena then yes it applies to player kills

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lemon ice said:

Great update but maybe we need to talk about the rate of the keys :o

Just to clarify, the key rates are per kill rather than per task.

I've updated the original post to reduce confusion.

Thank you so much for fixing vesta spear recently died to that actually was a cheeky 70-40 or some crazy shit I didn't even know was possible, great change in the revs cave to make it similar to mage-bank clever way to get rid of those afkers :P overall great update!

Edited by saltysadface
typo

5 minutes ago, WASHMYCAT69 said:

new item looks like something tevin would shuve up his ass

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Looks like I'll be camping blood slayer and blood revs 😄

2 hours ago, Bowflexxx said:

JUICY! 

Would it be possible to see drop tables of the Larran's chests?

I Second this

Erm - are you sure the dlong and 3rd age long have been 'rebalanced'?

In my (pretty good gear) I am maxing a 60 with dlong spec (on dummies) and 44s with the 3a longsword. Any idea what the issue with this is?

Other than that, nice update.

Thanks

I don't know about this case sensitive thing about usernames and why it is important, but now one of my account's names looking freaking gross because of the second part of the name not having a capital letter for the first part of the name. It looks gross.....Is there anything I can do about this? I'd rather not spend 100b that I don't have for a simple change of a letter. @Ryan @Ramzi @Phenomenon

Just now, Ryan said:

• Revenant dungeon
    • Just like in the mage arena, yoshi pet in the revenant dungeon will now auto-grab loot to your inventory rather than bank
      • This change does not apply for the skotizo boss lair
    • Fixed issue with revenant cave gap (agility shortcuts) improperly interrupting

Welp rev dungeon is prob gonna be dead content now, meanwhile mythics can still safe-zone afk revs *sips tea*

52 minutes ago, Ian said:

Welp rev dungeon is prob gonna be dead content now, meanwhile mythics can still safe-zone afk revs *sips tea*

First off the revs that are in the ::Revs caves have a SIGNIFICANTLY different drop tables than the ones found in ::mythic, we dont get any of the rare pvp drops. We also get less blood money and ether but that's rather small. Secondly, the revs in ::mythic you cant just wear a bracelet that makes them aggressive on you so you cant just set up that bracelet with a yoshi pet and afk for pretty much however long you'd like making money without even having to click most of the time. Not to mention this is a free zone at most costs 200m to tele in there if you don't want some form of sickness where mythic in today's market would cost at least 10T. So Prior to this update and tbh probably still holds true ::revs revs are FAR superior money makers than the ones in ::mythic so much so in fact that 80% of the time there is nobody even killing them! Usually ppl kill a few thousand to get the mythic orn kits and never go back because they are not nearly the best money-makers. In my opinion ::revs needed this change or some for of change as I see people literally make BANK just afking there for days with protections of clans and whatnot. 

Edited by saltysadface
typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Shoulda done some homework before making that bold statement, and with that said hardly anyone ever does revs besides new mythics getting mythic obsidian.

1 hour ago, saltysadface said:

In my opinion ::revs needed this change or some for of change as I see people literally make BANK just afking there for days with protections of clans and whatnot. 

Revs getting this was needed as you can virtually go and afk with a bracelet with little to no risk for heaps of times. What you get drastically outweighs anything you could possibly lose. When rev cave revs got their aggro removed and made only to people with bracelets was immensely needed. I don't have screenshots we shared before but there was some hefty AFKing individuals with hundreds of totems, artifacts, revenant ether, etc. I don't know about you, but when several people have accumulated thousands of dark totems and millions of revenant ether, that's a problem.

15 hours ago, Glorified said:

I don't know about this case sensitive thing about usernames and why it is important, but now one of my account's names looking freaking gross because of the second part of the name not having a capital letter for the first part of the name. It looks gross.....Is there anything I can do about this? I'd rather not spend 100b that I don't have for a simple change of a letter. @Ryan @Ramzi @Phenomenon

Will PM you about this

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Didn't you know this is p2wpk?!? Lmao always making it harder for the people to make money, but always making it easier for donator's to make money, would love to see this server get rid of donator zones for a week and watch everyone cry. 

Take the only decent way to get dark totems and throw it in the trash. Between this servers cancerous drop rates and custom pets like death pet variants and skitizo pets if your not in a clan your pretty much fucked from making it out of there with anything.  But yet you have people with 80% drop rates afking with no worries making billions per hour. 

@Kellatha

@saltysadface

I know your both mythic donator's so your gonna support anything that doesn't effect your mythic zone. 

1 minute ago, Morbid said:

Didn't you know this is p2wpk?!? Lmao always making it harder for the people to make money, but always making it easier for donator's to make money, would love to see this server get rid of donator zones for a week and watch everyone cry. 

Take the only decent way to get dark totems and throw it in the trash. Between this servers cancerous drop rates and custom pets like death pet variants and skitizo pets if your not in a clan your pretty much fucked from making it out of there with anything.  But yet you have people with 80% drop rates afking with no worries making billions per hour. 

@Kellatha

@saltysadface

I know your both mythic donator's so your gonna support anything that doesn't effect your mythic zone. 

If you want to spit some opinions, at least back it up with some facts. The only reason people kill revenant cave revenants was because of the 10b artifacts and the newer superior shards to make the superior artifacts for an insane amount of GP(more so if the pk hotspot the artifact value is doubled). Revenant caves were and still are INSANE for money making. This also made shit hit the fan big time when ryan added pvp treasures to them and that was the point of no return. Imagine camping revenants afk 100% so much it crashes each treasure so bad the best one is 100b? Yoshi effect or no yoshi effect, if you knew how to play your cards you were 100% unkillable in the rev cave, team or no team.

Moving on, demon spawns have always been the best way for dark totems. Ether drops from revenants have always been a joke, and if you're saying anyone traded in 1500 ether for a totem piece(4500 per totem) they're lying to themselves. That feature solely exists for people who needed to make a complete totem and it's worked so far. 80% DRB = 1/6 for totem piece aka 16%. I can guarantee you that this way was FAR SUPERIOR way of making totems that the fact that revenants dropped them too was 100% irrelevant. People are probably upset because demon spawns aren't as good a money maker in terms of good drops like revenants were and demon spawns never aggro.

This in no way affects mythic donator's or the zone, as anyone who touches mythic revenants is so minuscule it isn't worth mentioning. Whether or not it happened doesn't bother me, and i'm sure the other mythic's could of cared less.

3 hours ago, Morbid said:

Didn't you know this is p2wpk?!? Lmao always making it harder for the people to make money, but always making it easier for donator's to make money, would love to see this server get rid of donator zones for a week and watch everyone cry. . 

@Kellatha

@saltysadface

Personally I've never donated real life money to the server wish I could but I live on my own and I have bills to pay it's hard enough keeping up as it is, I also know of others that have mythic that didnt donate irl so calling this game p2w to me sounds lazy. This update didn't make it harder to make money, the revs still have the same big ticket drops you just can't afk and get away with it anymore. And so what if I'm mythic lol, I never go to ::mythic I personally don't have a skot mace so there is no reason for me to be there lol. I just lost about 1.5t (maybe more damn E gloves) that I got basically from pking, patience goes a long way in this game.