Ryan

[April 25th, 2019] Combat fixes, Lag fixes, QoLs, and MUCH more!

Content updates:

• Combat improvements
    • We've gone through and re-worked a large portion of our combat engine, bringing improvements to multiple areas!
    • As always these are a work in progress, and we plan on bringing even more sets of improvements in a relatively frequent basis
      • Your feedback is what helps us make these changes faster! Thank you to all the members of the staff & community who have chipped in with your reports and suggestions!
    • Damage processing
      • We identified a very large bug that has been going on for quite a while, particularly with most special attacks
      • This bug caused player's hits to bypass all damage absorption on certain occasions
        • In other words, things such as protection prayers and damage soaking equipment would sometimes not properly register
        • This resulted in feelings of "inconsistency" with our combat system, as some of you may had noticed prior to this update
      • Thankfully this entire part of the engine has been re-worked with a centralized damage processor, so this will no longer be an issue!
        • Combat should now see a drastic improvement with this fix, and we're excited to see it in action on the live server!
    • Special attacks
      • We have fixed pre-loading special attacks for certain weapons such as Staff of the Dead, which was previously bugged when you would attempt to switch to another special weapon while equipping it.
    • Zone-specific formulas
      • EdgePvP and NH Tournaments now have a custom combat formula which should better reflect the style of NHing/Bridding!
      • With these "zone specific" formulas, your armor/equipment will now play a much greater role in how hard you are hit by certain combat types
      • For example: Players in robes will be a lot more squisher against robes, whereas players in tank gear should feel genuinely more "tanky"
    • Distancing and pathing
      • We have fixed some issues allowing players to melee attack from abnormal distances when running toward eachother
    • Miscellaneous
      • Bugs for the Zaryte bow and Balmung special attack have been discovered, which greatly hindered their functionality. These are now fixed.
  • Lag fixes (Lite mode)
    • Until we address the root cause for frame rate issues that some of you have been having, we've implemented a new "Lite mode" setting to the client which can be freely toggled in-game by opening your settings tab!

aoQOvir.png

• When enabled, graphic settings will be noticeably reduced, but performance increase will noticeably improved as well!
    • Disclaimer: As a result of this feature the settings tab has been slightly re-worked. As shown in the picture above, resizable mode is now toggled on/off with a single button (located next to the lite button)
  • Construction
    • Brand new high-tier furniture has been added to player-owned houses!
    • Study room
      • Slayer crystal
        • This crystal ball can be rubbed every 12 hours to grant you double slayer and blood slayer points for 1 hour!
        • Building cost: 2,500 Blood money, 250 Blood shards
      • Hotspot crystal
        • This crystal ball can be rubbed every 12 hours to grant you double the chance to receive hotspot caskets for 1 hour!
        • Building cost: 100 Cash bags, 250 Blood shards
    • Throne room
      • Throne of the gods
        • A glowing, glistening throne! Show off one of the most expensive PoH furniture items to your friends!

kfqSyhR.png

• Operate this throne to obtain an untradeable Sceptre of the gods
        • When equipped, this sceptre allows you to shoot cosmetic projectiles at other players in the non-wilderness (similar to snowballs, etc.)
        • When the projectile makes contact with the player, it will heal them (if allowed)
          • In other words it will trigger their heal button to activate; this is not intended to be a large perk, just a fun inclusion!
        • Building cost: 500 Bloodcore tokens, 100 Blood diamonds
    • We are excited to add even more construction features in the near future, stay tuned!
  • Revenant caves
    • Superior artifacts
      • This brand new artifact can be exchanged by the emblem trader for 50B cash, making it higher than any other artifact before!
      • In order to obtain this artifact, you must combine all three shards of the artifact
        • These shards are dropped exclusively by revenants in the cavern
    • Grand treasures
      • Revenants in the cavern now have a very rare chance to drop grand treasures!
        • This includes: Guardian boots, Balmung, Ancient Crossbow, Armadyl Battlestaff, and the Dragon Upgrade Scroll
    • The excavation ladder has been moved further up north to mitigate the unfair escape advantage

Gameplay changes and QoLs

• Added a new ::event command which will display the spawn timers for event bosses!
  • You can no longer skip your bounty target until you're out of combat for at least 5 seconds
  • You no will longer be prompted with a confirmation dialogue when attempting to activate your enchanted heart (one click activation)
  • Unspawnable (green text) items should now appear at the top of loot piles
  • Increased the cost for Cursed void kit in the Bounty Point store (40,000,000 bounties to 50,000,000)
  • Increased the cost for a large variety of Raids & Nex items in the Blood Diamond store
  • Box traps are now stackable
  • Fire capes are now noteable
  • Removed low & high alchemy from the wilderness
  • Added easter hand cannon to the EdgePvP restriction list

Bug fixes:

• Fixed various clicking issues for Java 9+ users (as well as other operating systems, etc.)
  • Fixed various dragonfire defence mechanisms for Great Olm
    • Fused slayer helm (and variations), wyvern shield, protect from magic, etc.
  • Fixed roofs being force toggled when leaving a raid instance
  • Fixed the interaction distance for the staircases near mage bank
  • Fixed altar object spawns at EdgePvP
  • Fixed issues with bounty hunter and the Pure Zone
  • Fixed camera zoom sometimes offsetting from the player's position, causing it to appear uncentered
  • Fixed (lowered) death protection value for Primal 2h sword
  • Fixed (lowered) death protection value for Tektonic armor pieces
  • Like 2

nice update, suggestion for next one:

Would it be possible to add tick range to weapons such as AGS, Claws or any other melee weapon in general? you should be able to hit your opponents from 3 squares away, this would make NHing, hybriding and even range to 2h pking alot more interesting. I mean there should be 2 squares between you and your opponent for you to be able to hit them with a melee weapon. If I am not clear, please check this video and I should be making more sense.

Great update! I think the blood diamond cost increase will definitely have a good impact on the server as they are harder to get now. Hybridding looks a lot better now as well. 

The cost of ZBOW remains unchanged through for a pretty OP weapon.

A very long awaited update, that I wanted to see! Very good update again! As always great work.

Nice update.

Could you please look at my suggestion/bug fix, or let me know if it will be not be implemented and why:

This idea has been floating around for a while now.

Thanks,

Jimm0

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

• Damage processing
      • We identified a very large bug that has been going on for quite a while, particularly with most special attacks
      • This bug caused player's hits to bypass all damage absorption on certain occasions
        • In other words, things such as protection prayers and damage soaking equipment would sometimes not properly register
        • This resulted in feelings of "inconsistency" with our combat system, as some of you may had noticed prior to this update
      • Thankfully this entire part of the engine has been re-worked with a centralized damage processor, so this will no longer be an issue!
        • Combat should now see a drastic improvement with this fix, and we're excited to see it in action on the live server!
    •  

SO IS THIS WHY I JUST GOT SPEC'D WITH AN 88 WHILE WEARING A DIVINE - BY A DUDE WEARING KARILS AND REGULAR DARKBOW PROBABLY NOT EVEN POTTED?

Good fight to 400b due to the worst coding team known to private servers. -besides that- people in spawnables are hitting harder than theyve ever hit right now, what the fuck did you do to the game??

1 hour ago, i make life said:

SO IS THIS WHY I JUST GOT SPEC'D WITH AN 88 WHILE WEARING A DIVINE - BY A DUDE WEARING KARILS AND REGULAR DARKBOW PROBABLY NOT EVEN POTTED?

Good fight to 400b due to the worst coding team known to private servers. -besides that- people in spawnables are hitting harder than theyve ever hit right now, what the fuck did you do to the game??

Dont cry kid, DH Lance does the same but haven't heard you complain about that =] PM me when u want to NH btw

4 minutes ago, Hooke V2 said:

Dont cry kid, DH Lance does the same but haven't heard you complain about that =] PM me when u want to NH btw

Dh lance doesnt hit 88 through a divine, i hit an 86 on u when u were in robes praying mage. your post has nothing to do with mine besides you wanting to flame because you cant get over a petty loss of 12-15b, but thank you for your feedback, even tho it was of no relevance to what i said. Pm me you want F3 lessons btw. 

Does the bounty hunter update mean you can't skip your target when in combat with NPC or Player? If you can't skip target when in combat with a NPC this is a ridiculous change! 

19 hours ago, Ryan said:

• Construction
  • Brand new high-tier furniture has been added to player-owned houses!
    • Study room
      • Slayer crystal
        • This crystal ball can be rubbed every 12 hours to grant you double slayer and blood slayer points for 1 hour!
        • Building cost: 2,500 Blood money, 250 Blood shards
      •  

At Boss Task Blood slayer you get 2x Blood slayer points but its stil 1x Slayer points.

Is this correct or a bug? Because it says both 2x.

On 4/26/2019 at 12:21 PM, i make life said:

Dh lance doesnt hit 88 through a divine, i hit an 86 on u when u were in robes praying mage. your post has nothing to do with mine besides you wanting to flame because you cant get over a petty loss of 12-15b, but thank you for your feedback, even tho it was of no relevance to what i said. Pm me you want F3 lessons btw. 

Sorry took a while for me to notice you, second hit was what i meant, was a 59 through melee prayer =]

On 4/26/2019 at 12:21 PM, i make life said:

Stop being cringe.

OT: Good shit lad.