Sign in to follow this  
Ruler

Suggestions

Hello here's some suggestions, mostly balancing out overpowered items.

2. Disable Trident of the swamp in edgepvp.

Pretty obvious one as it is a custom item.

2Nerf blood C'bow.

Right now Blood c'bow has +25 ranged strength over Armadyl crossbow which makes it quite overpowered. Blood c'bow should be identical to ACB in terms of stats.

3. Restrict logging out at mage arena.

It's incredibly easy to avoid combat by logging out at mage arena. Not playing should not be an encouraged mechanic in a game.

I Suggest making it so that you cannot log out at the mage arena platform. (Shown in picture below).

EeIh8uG.png

4. Nerf Trident of the swamp in general.

Trident hits way too accurately/hard. Cap the max hit at around 30 and make it hit less often.

If you are TBing your damage output should not be equal or stronger than a barragers.

5. Nerf Primal Legs and body.

Primal legs and body have ridiculously high defence bonuses. (shown below)

I think they should be nerfed a bit overall or make the wearer more vulnerable to magic. 

Right now there is no trade off when using them and the user is basically unkillable.

q401tWC.png

6. Do SOMETHING about divine.

The whole existence and meaning of divine is just anti-fun, I see a few options to confront this.

1. Remove divine from the game. 

Removing existing content may sound bad but with divine it might just be the right move to make the game healthier.

Replace every divine in the game with a dinh's bulwark(?)

2. Add the passive effect it has in Rs3.

This way divine would have atleast some weakness to it.

3.Add more counterplay to it.

Buff bc sword. Make the special attack more accurate and have it cost less spec bar

4. Nerf divine effect.

That's all, if you dont agree with me go play UNO Online.

- Ruler

Edited by Ruler
Easier to read.
  • Like 1

Imo primal isnt really unkillable, yeah its strong and all but primal is supposed to be tanky af

1. Disable Trident of the swamp in edgepvp.

I support this one

2Nerf blood C'bow.

I don't see why It should be nerfed since the hits are okay and ACB always been considered as junk.

3. Restrict logging out at mage arena.

No, you should be able to logout anywhere at any time.

4. Nerf Trident of the swamp in general.

It's indeed an OP weapon. The stats and hits should be swapped with the elemental staff imo.

5. Nerf Primal Legs and body.

No, They are decent tank items against the incredible specs or attacks from other weapons.

6. Do SOMETHING about divine.

1. Remove divine from the game. 

No but increase the passive side effects.

2. Add the passive effect it has in Rs3.

I'm not sure what effect this is but on SPK it takes out prayer.

3.Add more counterplay to it.

It's good as it is and I don't think it should be changed.

U started with #2 and did #2 twice pleb

Anyways thought trident was already disabled there so support ya

Blood cbow was modeled after CCB I believe and they have identical stats so not sure this is too big of an issue since ccb is like 20m in trading posting which is the same price as acb in the coin shop or whatever, to remedy the stat difference since blood staff and bow are modeled after chaotic weapons they could also be blacklisted at edgepvp. Blood whip is just tent whip so there's not really an issue there and dbow is meh anyways now since it got nerfed

Honestly I see why you would suggest not being able to log out on the platform but thats kinda ridiculous - if you're up there and in combat you can't log out anyways due to being in combat, if you take the extra effort to actually watch, get out of combat and log out before someone comes just leave it be tbh lol. If you couldn't log out there most people would probably stop going and it would be dead content anyways

Swamp accuracy isn't too bad unless you're in decent mage bonus but max hit could be capped ya

Primal has -51 magic bonus already, when you're wearing a helm and other shit the magic defence bonus is considerably lower so I think that's fine, perhaps lower melee or range defence slightly however

The best way of approaching divine would prob be #3 because hes not going to remove it, rs3 is garbage for a reason and if he nerfed it, it would become another worthless item and I think Ryan is trying to steer away from having everything be worthless as hes been trying to fix the eco, just make BC sword require 50% spec instead of 60% or whatever the fuck it currently requires and problem solved

Additionally related to #6 BC sword should also work on Dinh's bulwark

• Like 1

I think you have some stuff going for ya

Trident of the swamp: Definitly needs looked at.

Primal: The purpose of primal armor is to be a tank. Nothing prevents you from no attacking someone in primal and due to the lack of magic defence an ice barrage Is your fix to that. Torva is probably the closest thing I could compare it to. Torva has less defensive stats but still decent while also offering good stats offensively too. Not including the max health cap increase. If you see someone walking through the wildy with full primal on and you fight him. Just know what you're getting yourself in to. You better of a trident of the swamps 😉

Mage arena: I think you're going in the right direction but you have the wrong solution. This isn't sword art online... taking away the log off button isn't practical.

Blood c bow: it's fine. The acb and the chaotic cross bow are both extremely cheap and the acb price reflects that. You spend blood money to get the blood c bow it has to have benefits. I think it's in a good spot might need a little looking at stats but that's about it.

Divine: kinda like primal don't fight if it's a problem for you. The item in my opinion is perfectly fine where it is. At least there is a bc sword to deal with it. Most servers just make you deal with it.

12 minutes ago, Tweva said:

Primal: The purpose of primal armor is to be a tank. Nothing prevents you from no attacking someone in primal and due to the lack of magic defence an ice barrage Is your fix to that. Torva is probably the closest thing I could compare it to. Torva has less defensive stats but still decent while also offering good stats offensively too. Not including the max health cap increase. If you see someone walking through the wildy with full primal on and you fight him. Just know what you're getting yourself in to. You better of a trident of the swamps 😉

Torva actually has higher defense and attack bonus, along with better str bonus than primal. Torva is better in every single way, and mage has always been the best way to cancel out melee, it's combat 101. Range>Mage Mage>Melee Melee>Range . Also the max health cap isn't that big of a deal since if your in torva, your probably protecting against something and the SS wouldn't heal you above that unless you flicked to ss in between hits.

Mage arena: I think you're going in the right direction but you have the wrong solution. This isn't sword art online... taking away the log off button isn't practical.

This haha! I love the reference! :P I do agree with you, log out button should not be voided anywhere. Popular rs streamers log out when they are in trouble and switch worlds to be safe, or switch worlds to rush the same spot. 

Divine: kinda like primal don't fight if it's a problem for you. The item in my opinion is perfectly fine where it is. At least there is a bc sword to deal with it. Most servers just make you deal with it.

True that some what, zbow cuts through divine. We have that and bc sword. I used to play a server where we had cursed ancient mace and zaniks zbow, and we all know how ugly those two are and I WISH DEARLY WE HAD THEM.

Thoughts in the quote.

Sorry let me rephrase that. Primal has better stats if you include the shield/gloves/boots but overall torva trumps primal imo

Edited by Tweva

Logging - disagree

Primal - 50%

Rest I can agree on as blood cbow is decent for brid but not regular pking, divine doesn't have enough counters haven't tested barrelchest cannon tho

+1 to every single one.

Bcb is an extremely high teir (broken) crossbow that you get for free and never loose, acb is a fair balanced high tier cb, it just should be much, much more expensive.

15 hours ago, Tweva said:

@Tweva

I understand if you don't wildy pk, you may not realise that when you are in deep wildy, you dont really have a choice to "not fight" someone sometimes.

Even if you did, how is this a solution? How about this, let's add a new item that has a special attack that is garunteed to hit atleast 70, and can hit 125's?

What? You don't like it? Ok just don't fight anyone using it.

Divine, an item that reduces damage by 30%, I'd like to see a universe where that's not broken.

"atleast there is bc sword" - this is a temporary effect, and the only way it can be used effectively is if a team has multiple members using it, what about new players who cannot afford the sword, or do not have a team? so it would be pointless to use since they would use all their special attack?

I know ryan will never remove divine , but atleast heavily nerf it. Huge problem and ruins pking, along with ele c bows and pets.

Edited by PM 4 HELP

Blood c'bow is not equal to CCB either. What makes blood c'bow overpowered is the +25 Ranged strength it has.

For comparison the closest to Blood c'bow is Elemental c'bow which has +15 Ranged strength while ACB and CCB have no ranged strength at all. 

The item is completely custom and should be disabled in edgepvp atleast.

Edited by Ruler
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ruler said:

Blood c'bow is not equal to CCB either. What makes blood c'bow overpowered is the +25 Ranged strength it has.

For comparison the closest to Blood c'bow is Elemental c'bow which has +15 Ranged strength while ACB and CCB have no ranged strength at all. 

The item is completely custom and should be disabled in edgepvp atleast.

Well said,

all blood perks and ardy cape need to be disabled at edgepvp, since it is supposed to be a place where you can get a fair fight.

On 10/11/2017 at 12:58 AM, pj3r said:

Logging - disagree

Primal - 50%

Rest I can agree on as blood cbow is decent for brid but not regular pking, divine doesn't have enough counters haven't tested barrelchest cannon tho

I once smacked a 78 on divine with heavy bali spec in void, and I think it was through prayer as well, I can't remember. Just yesterday or the day before I got hit by a 700 ele cbow spec, through range prayer mind you. Lost an ags </3