Beretta

Bring back Spawnable Dharoks

Should we bring back Dharoks?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Should we bring back Dharoks?

It has been a long time since you could spawn the Dharoks armor in Spawnpk. When I started long ago wild would be full of pker's with many of which using it. There was a degree of skill involved you had to be careful if you wanted to use the set properly. Though people say it is "overpowered" it isn't really any different then it is in real RS. The set does what it is meant to do, you risk hp you can hit big. otherwise it really isn't much different from the other barrows melee armors. The biggest reason I think it should be re-implemented is that it will level the playing field or at least close the gap between newer players and the donators. Most of the guys in vesta and such don't fight the dh'ers anyway and they didn't back then unless there was a significant amount of risk, so what does that change if we bring it back? If you go out there in max strength or with a death pet and some overpowered weapons such as zbow and elder maul you will sit there and demolish absolutely everyone without a rank. That can be rather oppressing to the influx of new players and many don't stay for long. It really is pay to win as a lot of them say, even if you didn't really pay somebody did, you just got lucky. If I go out in vesta and I continuously combo and slap the shit out of somebody in Dh and they manage to pull axe and wack me for 80hp I applaud that because they had to fight their ass off in order to kill me. Another thing would be is that I and I think many people find Dh fighting more entertaining then any random gear (commonly fighter with veracs) with an ags or claws. 

I just noticed Ryan said that he added these bots to make it easier on new players when in reality, a bots a bot and a human is a human. It won't help them learn to pk against other people and all it will really do is allow people to farm them and crash blood money, and bounty point items. Just another blow to the Eco, something we definitely don't need. If he really wants to help new players he has to close the gap between some of the spawn gear and these ridiculously overpowered setups.

Edited by Beretta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dharoks is relatively cheap. If everyone was given a fair chance of a sort then that would be dumb. Dh is really good and if it was spawn able again it may be nerfed. Cuba explaining more but yu

I do want to see a better way for new players to deal with these prod pkers at edge, and dh is a good way but like @Doggy said it is very cheap to get dh, and it can be obtained through the barrows minigame.

I do support the idea but i don't see it happening 

plus it would be a hit to the edge risk fighters.

9 minutes ago, Doggy said:

Dharoks is relatively cheap. If everyone was given a fair chance of a sort then that would be dumb. Dh is really good and if it was spawn able again it may be nerfed. Cuba explaining more but yu

It wouldn't need a nerf and I'm sorry that adding bots and allowing players to farm blood money and emblems sounds like a better alternative to you?

2 minutes ago, Micro shade4 said:

I do want to see a better way for new players to deal with these prod pkers at edge, and dh is a good way but like @Doggy said it is very cheap to get dh, and it can be obtained through the barrows minigame.

I do support the idea but i don't see it happening 

plus it would be a hit to the edge risk fighters.

I don't really think it would be a hit, I figure more risk fighters would just go back to risking cash in dh just because it's more fun.

2 minutes ago, Phenomenon said:

+1, You have my support.

Awesome, means a lot. I would love for this server to return to it's former glory.

I agree dharoks being spawnable allowed new players like myself back in the day to make some cash risk fighting with cash. Dh helps people get into the game alot more so SUPPORT

I like the idea, but Dharoks is the only thing keeping the moneymaking task for barrows alive. Even then its basically dead content. If there was a way to make barrows exciting, while also making Dharoks spawnable, i'd be all for it!

Honestly You bring back dharoks your Just Gonna get Dh bombers Ragging Edge lmaoo

5 hours ago, Morbid said:

Honestly You bring back dharoks your Just Gonna get Dh bombers Ragging Edge lmaoo

Make Dh bombing against the rules? Not even, You can just pray melee, come on you Nh you should know for the most part it wouldn't matter. The new pvp timer system also slows people down when it comes to spawning gear. Also don't remember this happening back when it was so I doubt it will now, but If I agree on anything DH bombing risk fights should definitely be made illegal.

5 hours ago, Bowflexxx said:

I like the idea, but Dharoks is the only thing keeping the moneymaking task for barrows alive. Even then its basically dead content. If there was a way to make barrows exciting, while also making Dharoks spawnable, i'd be all for it!

I agree it is dead content, you spend about a minute and a half killing all the brothers for the value of like 1 rev kill and maybe a Dharoks piece if you're lucky? Nobody bothers to do it. I only did 5 runs to knock out the first achievement so I can go straight to my red comp cape when I finally get 50ks. If the minigame is wanted to be kept in game it should definitely be tweaked and It could also reward different loot. I just woke up so I am pretty dry of idea's but anybody following the thread could suggest a few.

7 hours ago, X King God X said:

I don't support this. Dh was to overpower when it was spawnable.

Back your claim?

1 hour ago, Faith pots said:

Bring it back or either make every barrow items unspawnable.

I don't think I agree with making it all unspawnable, we don't need newer players being any weaker then they already are.

You need a certain amount of hits before you are able to hit highly with dh axe in dh. That was added in a long time ago to prevent dh bombing, and I'm not sure if it was taken away since dh is no longer spawnable. I really hate dh because you can sit at 50s and woop out a 70+ out of nowhere. My personal opinion is that I can make it work and make it OP, but I don't want it being used against me lol. I gurantee you if dh comes back 90% of veng pkers will be in dh.

That aside, if we bring back dh it's going to be amazing for the server because new players have something viable to use when they start pking. It was a huge plus back then, now they don't got much going on for them. I support this for the reasons of getting in new players and actually retaining them. I care more about players who play daily than a peak player amount during the day.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

You need a certain amount of hits before you are able to hit highly with dh axe in dh. That was added in a long time ago to prevent dh bombing, and I'm not sure if it was taken away since dh is no longer spawnable. I really hate dh because you can sit at 50s and woop out a 70+ out of nowhere. My personal opinion is that I can make it work and make it OP, but I don't want it being used against me lol. I gurantee you if dh comes back 90% of veng pkers will be in dh.

That aside, if we bring back dh it's going to be amazing for the server because new players have something viable to use when they start pking. It was a huge plus back then, now they don't got much going on for them. I support this for the reasons of getting in new players and actually retaining them. I care more about players who play daily than a peak player amount during the day.

The anti dh bombing thing was removed by Ryan at some point after it becoming unspawnable again, a pretty simple solution would be to make it spawnable and put it back in place but lower the amount of hits from like 15 which I believe it was before to 5 and have the timer/counter restart each time you leave the wilderness.

Guys This is the solution. Bots are already taking their toll. Supporters Please vote, Ryan needs to see this. bounty capes have already dropped to nearly 1b.

remove bots.png

8 hours ago, i just rag said:

The anti dh bombing thing was removed by Ryan at some point after it becoming unspawnable again, a pretty simple solution would be to make it spawnable and put it back in place but lower the amount of hits from like 15 which I believe it was before to 5 and have the timer/counter restart each time you leave the wilderness.

I agree that system should be in place but I think it should probably reset on instances of combat, not entry of the wilderness.

AGAINST, cause barrows chests will be useless... nobody gonna do barrows... we can even remove all barrows from spawnabbles. Cause its very retarded to have barrows spawnabbled

Regards,

Gladkis

9 hours ago, Gladkis said:

AGAINST, cause barrows chests will be useless... nobody gonna do barrows... we can even remove all barrows from spawnabbles. Cause its very retarded to have barrows spawnabbled

Regards,

Gladkis

Barrows chests are already useless. I went to barrows at a peak player time and nobody was there. I did 5 runs like a previously stated and I got 1 piece of Dh and a total of maybe 31m cash. Currently it is the worst method of making money in the game, you can kill maybe 10 revs in the time it takes you to do one run. If a rev drops 4-7m coins a kill that's 40-70m, plus if you get a special restore potion which is likely, that's another 30m+ depending on how many you get. There's also a chance you get a key and boom thats 5-7b. The cash alone from killing revs tops barrows runs by 10-40m a run/10 kills. If you're a donator you can kill wayyyy more then 10 revs in the time it takes to do a run

1 hour ago, X King God X said:

Already did

Uhm??? How? You just said it was overpowered when it was spawnable, there is no support to back that claim? If the anti Dh bombing mechanic is implemented, there's nothing to worry about. Dh still gets smacked by max gear and it still gets smacked by zbow, so I don't think players should have to pay for that. They would just have a half decent chance if it were spawnable. If you are that worried about it, kill them in less then 5,10 or 15 hits or whatever the hit counter is before Dh can hit. It's really that simple.....