Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

[July 4th, 2017] Mid-summer event, and patch notes!

Next update ETA
7/10/2017

T187xVs.png

Content Updates

• Mid-summer event
    • A new event has been added to the server, lasting until August 1st!
    • Speak to the Nature spirit, at home next to the blood fountain, for more in-game information
    • The event consists of colllecting "summer gems" via pking, bossing, or skilling (all trainable skills count)
    • There's a rare chance to receive a "summer gem bag" which opens for a great amount of gems
    • You must complete five tiers of the event, progressively costing more gems
    • Each tier gives their own individual set of exclusive item rewards
    • After all five tiers are complete, you can repeat the event for summer mystery boxes
    • All of the item rewards obtained throughout the event (besides the gems) are untradeable & discontinued.
  • Task scrolls
    • Fortune genie pet will now count for the genie pet requirement
  • PvP timer
    • Prevented the "heal" feature from working immediately after the PvP timer ends
    • There will now be a 2-3 second delay (after the PvP timer) until you can use the heal button
  • Coin bagging
    • You can no longer bag coin stacks in the wilderness
  • Viper helmet
    • Added melee accuracy bonuses
    • Increased the strength bonus
  • Run energy
    • Fixed issues with run energy depleting during single walk stpes
  • Tekton
    • Slightly moved one of the spawn locations to prevent interference from Wildywyrm
  • Edgeville pking
    • Player kills in the Edgeville wilderness have a chance to drop summer mystery boxes throughout this event
  • Summer sales/discounts
    • The following discounts will be active until the end of this Mid-summer event (August 1st)
    • Donator mystery boxes are now sold as "Summer mystery boxes", which have a chance to give 2x rewards
    • Donator mystery chests are 25% off!
    • Epic pet mystery boxes are 20% off!
  • Event hunter equipment
    • Throughout every holiday/server event event hunter equipment pieces will now be available
    • These pieces will be difficult to obtain, having very high requirements/costs respective to the event
    • The equipment does not have significant bonuses, and mainly serves as a cosmetic trophy.
    • You can preview the appearence of this set here: http://i.imgur.com/Z9I5LqB.png
    • During this event, the "event hunter cloak" will be available for players excelling in this event
    • Speak to the Nature spirit for more information on unlocking this piece
Edited by Ryan

new timer has no purpose. its not like you find people when they tele to edge anyway.

if it was to let venom have a chance to "kick in" then you're wasting 2-3 seconds of everyone's time just to stop the low-chance times of it happening.

now when people hit us and run, we have to wait 2-3 secs then heal and go back in

Next update ETA

7/10/2017

T187xVs.png

Content Updates

• Mid-summer event
    • A new event has been added to the server, lasting until August 1st!
    • Speak to the Nature spirit, at home next to the blood fountain, for more in-game information
    • The event consists of colllecting "summer gems" via pking, bossing, or skilling (all trainable skills count)
    • There's a rare chance to receive a "summer gem bag" which opens for a great amount of gems
    • You must complete five tiers of the event, progressively costing more gems
    • Each tier gives their own individual set of exclusive item rewards
    • After all five tiers are complete, you can repeat the event for summer mystery boxes
    • All of the item rewards obtained throughout the event (besides the gems) are untradeable & discontinued.

[*]Event hunter equipment

• Throughout every holiday/server event event hunter equipment pieces will now be available
    • These pieces will be difficult to obtain, having very high requirements/costs respective to the event
    • The equipment does not have significant bonuses, and mainly serves as a cosmetic trophy.
    • You can preview the appearence of this set here: http://i.imgur.com/Z9I5LqB.png
    • During this event, the "event hunter cloak" will be available for players excelling in this event
    • Speak to the Nature spirit for more information on unlocking this piece

[*]Summer sales/discounts

• The following discounts will be active until the end of this Mid-summer event (August 1st)
    • Donator mystery boxes are now sold as "Summer mystery boxes", which have a chance to give 2x rewards
    • Donator mystery chests are 25% off!
    • Epic pet mystery boxes are 20% off!

[*]Edgeville pking

• Player kills in the Edgeville wilderness have a chance to drop summer mystery boxes throughout this event

[*]Tekton

• Slightly moved one of the spawn locations to prevent interference from Wildywyrm

[*]Run energy

• Fixed issues with run energy depleting during single walk stpes

[*]Viper helmet

• Added melee accuracy bonuses
    • Increased the strength bonus

[*]Coin bagging

• You can no longer bag coin stacks in the wilderness

[*]PvP timer

• Prevented the "heal" feature from working immediately after the PvP timer ends
    • There will now be a 2-3 second delay (after the PvP timer) until you can use the heal button

[*]Task scrolls

• Fortune genie pet will now count for the genie pet requirement

Could you check your Inbox?

new timer has no purpose. its not like you find people when they tele to edge anyway.

if it was to let venom have a chance to "kick in" then you're wasting 2-3 seconds of everyone's time just to stop the low-chance times of it happening.

now when people hit us and run, we have to wait 2-3 secs then heal and go back in

The new timer is annoying, I agree. However, it is necessary due to many pking scenarios involving the pvp timer. One you forgot to mention is the Elemental C'bow. when the element ammunition is fire, it inflicts rapid damage on your opponent for a set amount of time. Players escaping from home and getting shot by this said ammunition could simply heal themselves back to 99 hp and then take the damage and be able to survive. This is no longer the case. And yes, players actually encounter their opponents at home more often than you'd like to imagine. If you're going to try and slander a new implementation/bug, at least have valid points.

The new timer is annoying, I agree. However, it is necessary due to many pking scenarios involving the pvp timer. One you forgot to mention is the Elemental C'bow. when the element ammunition is fire, it inflicts rapid damage on your opponent for a set amount of time. Players escaping from home and getting shot by this said ammunition could simply heal themselves back to 99 hp and then take the damage and be able to survive. This is no longer the case. And yes, players actually encounter their opponents at home more often than you'd like to imagine. If you're going to try and slander a new implementation/bug, at least have valid points.

im sorry i didnt ask everyone on spk if they always find who they were attacking when they teleport to edge. ill make sure to do that next time instead of going off what i see when i pk at edge and they teleport home.

and if the people who teleport home are smart, they would run instead of standing near where they teleport, which makes it harder. the people for my targets dont even load if they stand near the teleport spot sometimes.

so yes my points are valid

thanks though for the detailed explanation even though he had to add a whole new system just for one weapon? no other weapons apply DoT besides poison and venom if those even count

Edited by Z75

I was told by a few people the timer was for venom / etc and also to deter people from suiciding (doesn't really do anything to suiciding besides a few seconds of delay however)

Also unless they get shot by the original special attack at home, the fire damage should not carry over when they teleport (it also carries over when people die sometimes, which is also a bug)

Edited by i just rag