Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

[March 3rd, 2017] QoL: Proper Switching, Ticks, and More!

Next update ETA:

March 10th, 2017

Content Updates & Bug fixes:

• Proper tick system
    • The server's engine initially had a system of sub-ticks that were counted every 200ms instead of 600ms
    • This allowed actions, but primarily clicking (walking, equipping, etc.) to be more "reactive"
    • Although it had its benefits, many things were "off" including the combat system
    • We have reverted back to the standard 600ms tick system, with stability improvements included

[*]Switching

• With the new tick system in place, we made sure the switching is done properly along with it
    • Switching should be nearly identical to OSRS, with the popular "delay queue"

[*]Following

• Following a player will now lead you behind the direction they're facing
    • This should be primarily useful for clan/teams "falling in"
    • Two players following each other will in most cases now cause them to do the famous "follow dance"

[*]Lag fixes

• As stated in the previous update, lag reduction will be an ongoing process
    • Not only should client (FPS/Frames Per Second) lag be reduced, but some issues with server lag as well

[*]Special character skins

• Green, pitch black, and ice white character skins have been added
    • These special skins require either 500 player kills or elite donator status
    • More colors coming soon!

[*]Wilderness spawns

• [!] Lockpicks are required for locked doors
    • Added functionality and spawns to Pirate's Hideout
    • Added functionality and spawns to magic axe room
    • Added hellhound spawns
    • Added deep wild scorpion spawns
    • Added deep wild giant bat spawns
    • Added lesser demon spawns
    • Due to Pirate's Hideout requiring single zone combat, chaos elemental has been moved back to its proper location
    • More coming soon!

[*]OSRS Models

• Oldschool graphic mode has proper spirit shield models
    • Oldschool graphic mode has proper amulet of fury (or) models

[*]Untradeable/auto-keep (unspawnable) items are now sent to your bank when using ::empty

[*]Untradeable/auto-keep (unspawnable) items are no longer alchable

[*]Tweaked barrage/ancient magic spell distance delays

[*]KBD ladder will now first take you to the wilderness cave with the lever

[*]Blood whips now work via cutting webs

Thanks, Ryan! A lot of this is stuff that i've wanted to see for a long time so this is a really great update. I know other things were also asked for by many players (like the additional skin colors) and Nick was literally just saying ingame yesterday or the day before that he wanted the spirit shields and fury or model to be fixed so i'm sure he's incredibly happy about this as well. Pirate/Axe hut being fixed and the KBD Cave are all things i'm really glad to see. Are all of the broken multi zones fixed around these areas however (tons of places around magebank, specifically Axe hut and Pirate hut which are multi and should not be. It's only off by a little bit at Axe hut but towards Pirate Hut, the Agility course, etc. there's a ton of multi which should be singles)?

Also are the wilderness stairs\appropriate dungeon and pirate ship functionality soon to come as well ? :P

Next update ETA:

March 15th, 2017

fixed it for u

Edited by Z75

whenever me or my brother try to log in it shows a black screen with a now loading at the top left and we cant play, any solutions?

whenever me or my brother try to log in it shows a black screen with a now loading at the top left and we cant play, any solutions?

Reload client i'm pretty sure he fixed this

Next update ETA:

March 15th, 2017

fixed it for u

Haha thats pretty accurate, great update Ryan!

Reload client i'm pretty sure he fixed this

ive tried to reload it, ive even deleted the download and redownloaded, still doesnt work

ive tried to reload it, ive even deleted the download and redownloaded, still doesnt work

Try reloading the client one more time. I just applied a patch that should fix it.

Very Nice Update Ryan, glad to see the Tweaks to combat and Game tick's. Keep up the great Work

#Makespawnpkgreatagain

ok besides the eta i made, this update made attacking seem real.

1 thing i think is wrong, is while i was nhing, i tried to whip after range or mage, but it felt delayed.

More of po goes nh's suggestions, really its sad to see he never got unbanned for leaking some dudes legs. Awesome updates tho, imma have to try it out

the tick thing is pretty bad, when you switch item it has a pretty big delay, specially if you shoot with rune cbow to ags. you cant press special attack if you 1 tick, it has already attacked (poked)