Sign in to follow this  
Polygon

Should weapons be reverted to prior combat?

While each and every staff member seems staunchly against reverting the update, the vast majority of players seem to want combat reverted, including many of the highest ranking pkers and virtually all of the risk fighters. All this update had done is widened the gap between normal weapons and the op specs (rasi and dwh). Ags, vls, claws, swh, seldom K0 reliably while the dwh and rasi and almost completely unaffected by the update, leading to two things- harder prodding and far more people giving up and moving to pure pking. This has not made pking more challenging, it's made it boring and MUCH slower paced. When whip hits zero anywhere from 70-85% of the time, it's really not very fun, especially in risk gear. I Eat Bread, Losing Sleep, Diabolos, Faded, and many many other well known members I talk to daily have expressed their disdain. This is just what I have gleamed from talking to people and my own experience, I'll definitely share this topic and get as much outer input as possible.

-Felix

I really think old combat should be put back how it was prior to the old update but keep the proper delay of potion and food while hitting that was implemented in this past update. so many people barely risk fight now because of it and a lot of people just pure pk i have seen a big decrease in the wilderness and i am someone who pks all day everyday. It's so rare for your weapons to hit anything unless your using rasi or dwh.. i understand your trying something different but i think the wilderness was just fine before the update minus people crying about 3A bow, i just dont get why your trying to be different when this is SPAWNPK i like it being unique down to every detail and as a pk based server i feel like its a little slow paced and boring now. when risk fighting i have so many rematches constantly banking coming back and its just a bad feel when being used to the old system only mods have agreed with this but even Tevin told me hitting constant 0's was boring but we agreed on the potion and food thing. Just giving my opinion and i hope others that i talk to daily about this will speak up..

- i eat bread

i think that the old combat should be back because the fights at edge are really boring and there are constant 0's.

Except we are explaining why we think what we think with examples, and you're just saying "nope this is better". That's not an argument.

No need to argue for this lmfao, obviously the main reason being its more realistic and how it's meant to be. The "OP" weapons aren't exactly easy to get and while people use them, they are for the most part risking. Only relevant reason to why you lot want it to be reverted is typically because you're probs used to pking with the op shit 24/7 lmao.

And for the food and potions thing bread is on about, thats how it should be obviously. Weird to be complaining about delay after eating regular food as without it, it just makes pking too easy.

Honestly, its just common sense. Haven't really noticed a big difference apart from abusive edge pkers complaining lol.

lol there's barely any chances, accuracy is like SLIGTLY nerfed that's it.

You're a retard if you think this is causing the "0's" cuz even when the accuracy wasnt nerfed yet, u still used to hit hella 0's. It's called RNG.

No need to argue for this lmfao, obviously the main reason being its more realistic and how it's meant to be. The "OP" weapons aren't exactly easy to get and while people use them, they are for the most part risking. Only relevant reason to why you lot want it to be reverted is typically because you're probs used to pking with the op shit 24/7 lmao.

And for the food and potions thing bread is on about, thats how it should be obviously. Weird to be complaining about delay after eating regular food as without it, it just makes pking too easy.

Honestly, its just common sense. Haven't really noticed a big difference apart from abusive edge pkers complaining lol.[/quote

I risk fight daily man i only ever see you nh and edge pking is hella dead the risk community now and all the riskers i fight have the same complaints and yeah the potion thing is good how it i agree with that like i said earlier.

You're a retard if you think this is causing the "0's" cuz even when the accuracy wasnt nerfed yet, u still used to hit hella 0's. It's called RNG.

and your crazy if you think its slightly nerfed man and i dont see you in edge ever so kinda weird you know this too well

and your crazy if you think its slightly nerfed man and i dont see you in edge ever so kinda weird you know this too well

You're blind if you haven't seen me in edge. The first day after the update, i've been pking in MELEE for about 1 hour and you can barely notice any difference.

As i said, it's about RNG, look at the real game then come talk to me again.

Honestly, I Pk every single day and the only thing that i have noticed that is different then the old combat was the delay in attacks after eating or drinking food/potions. the first day of the update i went on a 10 killstreak in random gear(not basic melee) 100% random. I belive the update is fine how it is now and should not be reverted to the old combat. This update makes pking just a tad more challenging and i see that was a good thing. You guys will just have to relearn how to time when you are going to eat that is all...

Meanwhile... server still laggs every 3 seconds.

Ye it might be the server host. Ryan's Transferring the host to east-murica, might fix the lag a little.

It has made max pking annoying challenging or not it is very inconsistent especially if using max gear against spawn gear and hitting once out of every 15 blood whip attacks is not fun. Surely most of the community does not like this update, it has made pking stale besides only using dwh /korasi. rushing was a big issue like morbid said but it also killed the fun of high hits. Only ones who really like this update from what i have seen is the people who camp DWH/ RASI in spawn gear. I love max str pking but now? i rather just pure fight purely because it seems unaffected. Hell i have a cousin who joined the server seeing high hits while watching me. now? he just ended up refusing to play because of all the zeros. Main thing that turned me on to this server was the high hits with ags it was fun. Now it looks like im going to be forced to camp dwh/rasi and with disgust too. The his were a bit high agree but now? its just constant rematchs and hoping for a high hit and not getting double korasi speced

"slightly nerfed" thats like saying a killstreak camping divine and korasi is impressive

I'm big in favor for the prior combat system to return.. As a risk fighter I've not had as near as much fun since the new cb system one because the fights are stale and two because there's been less and less riskers at edge.. less laughs and less fights..

(had to make a new acc just for this post)

While each and every staff member seems staunchly against reverting the update, the vast majority of players seem to want combat reverted, including many of the highest ranking pkers and virtually all of the risk fighters. All this update had done is widened the gap between normal weapons and the op specs (rasi and dwh). Ags, vls, claws, swh, seldom K0 reliably while the dwh and rasi and almost completely unaffected by the update, leading to two things- harder prodding and far more people giving up and moving to pure pking. This has not made pking more challenging, it's made it boring and MUCH slower paced. When whip hits zero anywhere from 70-85% of the time, it's really not very fun, especially in risk gear. I Eat Bread, Losing Sleep, Diabolos, Faded, and many many other well known members I talk to daily have expressed their disdain. This is just what I have gleamed from talking to people and my own experience, I'll definitely share this topic and get as much outer input as possible.

-Felix

+1 i agree you've worded this well

Posting back here to say it really is noticeable how weapon accuracy has changed and larger hits are less common, how may u have noticed u might ask

5k kills before update

maybe 300 kills after