Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

[February 20th, 2017] Task scrolls, New raid items, and much more!

Next update ETA:

February 27th, 2017

wNfjDFS.png

Content Updates:

• Task scrolls
    • You can now receive tradeable task scroll bottles from killing monsters and bosses
    • Opening a task bottle will either give you a "Skilling task scroll" or a "PK task scroll"
    • You will be required to complete various tasks related to these scrolls
    • Completing the scroll will give you a casket, with the potential to give great rewards
    • Rare rewards range from mystery boxes, to mystery chests and epic pet mystery boxes!
    • Skilling task caskets also have a chance to give new skilling pets: Rift guardians

[*]Dinh's bulwark

• New raid item available in the blood diamond store and mystery bag/chest!
    • Using the "block" stance will prevent you from attacking, but you'll absorb 30% of incoming damage
    • Special attack damages every monster (or player) within 2 tiles of the player

[*]Ancestral robes

• New raid equipment set
    • Available in the blood diamond store
    • Also available in the magic token shop
    • Each piece grants additional magic damage

[*]Wilderness cloak

• Same look (and prayer bonus) of RS's Ardougne Cloak 4
    • Available in the magic token shop
    • Auto-keep and untradeable
    • Allows you to teleport to epic bosses (Corporeal beast and Tekton)

[*]Rift guardians

• New set of rift guardian pets have been added in-game (each rune type included)
    • Rather than receiving from runecrafting, they are rare rewards in the skilling task caskets
    • You can also receive them from the epic pet mystery box

[*]Toggle has been added for bounty hunter interface

• You can type ::hidebh to hide the bounty hunter target menu
    • You can type ::showbh to bring it back up

[*]Teleblock effect has been added to mage arena entrance lever

[*]Player models should now have better shading

[*]Player models should have slightly smoother animations

Bug fixes and tweaks:

• Lag fixes
    • There have been modifications made to both the client and server code that should reduce lag quite well
    • Lag fixes both include server lag (latency/ping/delays) and client lag (frame rate/choppy screen/etc.)
    • This will be a continuous effort, so expect more optimization if this update doesn't work very well for you!
    • We've also added a warning message for players who get < 30 FPS and have "Toggle roof" option enabled. If you aren't already aware, disabling the "Show roof" option can help a lot with FPS issues!

[*]Changes to accuracy

• When we first created the server (over a year ago) we made melee attacks have an inherent bonus in accuracy. The purpose of this was to make pking more fun, hitting less 0s.
    • Since then we've added a large variety of different weapons and equipment that make this obsolete, and we believe it's no longer necessary for our combat system.
    • This bonus is now removed, and the melee accuracy formula should be fairly different now.

[*]Changes to food eating

• As any proper combat system should have, eating food now enacts an attack delay
    • This way players can no longer land hits immediately after eating food

[*]Fixed some pathing issues in mage bank and arena

[*]Fixed noclipping through bank window wall at Edge PvP

[*]Fixed unbanning permissions in clan chats

[*]Fixed whip and claws on spider webs

[*]Modified third-age bow special attack

Good to see updates.

Are task scrolls receivable through skilling or no? If not, it only makes sense for them to be obtainable this way.

Thanks for this!

Good to see updates.

Are task scrolls receivable through skilling or no? If not, it only makes sense for them to be obtainable this way.

Thanks for this!

At the moment, they're just available through monster and boss drops. In the near future I'll definitely add obtainment from skilling.

I like how a shit town of these recent updates have been ideas from Po goes nh a now banned player. Ramzi you do realise the server improvement comes from that mans ideas....I really dont get why you banned him

seriously i understand the want to fix some accuracy things in combat but it's too drastic of a change and people have compared to 07 but i feel like its way off i think combat was just fine the way it was i agree with the past nerfs on ele'cbow and dwh but changing everything is just too much it seems like nothing hits anymore at all unless your in max and even then doesn't feel right still. so many players have just went straight to pure pking so they can actually hit something its just ridiculous and you changed the whole feel of the server even duel arena is wacky from it idk this is just an opinion but i honestly feel like you should make spk how it was we are unique for a reason and i think changing and trying to be something else is dumb.. before the only thing i heard being complained about combat wise was maybe the 3a bow but other then that i never heard any other complaints but i can agree with the potion or eating shouldn't be done while hitting but throw the rest out and revert and make spk unique how it was