Sign in to follow this  
Mod 4 Po please

Suggestions that everyone will WANT.

Credit to Mourinho for helping me with this, coming up with some of the suggestions himself and supplying me with any sort of screen shots I needed.

New Features

- PvP Tournaments

This may be the thing everyone wants, a mixture of competition, a mini-game, and a huge attraction for all PKers.

Every day, at certain times (maybe twice a day)(would have to be times where people from all time zones would be awake).

Tournaments would be held at a (new) location, accessible via the command ::tournament.

At this location there will be a bank, and a portal, and one would only be able to step through the portal at the time of the tournament.

Possibly 30-15 minutes before a tournament starts.

Once stepped through the portal, players will essentially be in an instance, seperate to the rest of Spawnpk, there items will be gone,

but once having exited the portal, all items will still be there.

In the tournament portal, players are given the time they have until the tournament starts, and the amount of players

participating. There will be a chest/NPC which will supply the items allowed in the tournament.

Stats will be set upon entering the portal, according to the type of tournament, and changing stats will not be allowed here.

When each round starts, players are matched together at random, and teleported to the 1v1 arena instance,

If there is an odd number of players participating at the start, there will be a first round where there are only a few

fights, to make the numbers even.

A player passes through to the next round by either killing the opponent, or doing the most damage in the time limit;

which should be 6 minutes.

If a player is disqualified, is waiting for the next fight or doesn't want to participate, they can view fights through

a viewing orb inside the tournament portal (players disqualified/watching should be separate from those still

participating).

Types of tournaments could be:

- 126 Cb Tribridding

- 126 Cb Welfare Hybridding

- 126 Cb Max Hybridding

- 92 Cb Pure Tribridding

- 92 Cb Pure Pking

- 126 Cb Main Pking (With Dharok & Range)

- 126 Cb F2P Pking

- 99 Cb 45 Fefence Pking (With Void & Range)

Depending on how far one gets in the tournament, they are rewarded with an amount of blood money.

The winner should receive around 300-500 blood money.

Getting through the first round would give you 2-5 blood money.

- The winner will also receive temporary ::yell Tag, to show he has one the tournament, until that same tournament happens again.

For example if a player has won the 92 pure Tribridding tournament. They will get the tag: [#1 Pure Tribrid] besides their name.

- Lottery

This would be a great money sink, but also an answer to the small influx of blood money via tournaments.

Every week, on two occasions (Friday & Wednesday), there will be a lottery, a random player who has added to the pot,

will receive 80% of the lottery pot as a prize.

Friday's pot can be blood money.

Wednesday's pot can be gold pieces/money bags.

There will be two seperate NPC's for each lottery, they can be wearing different coloured clothing, and should be located

behind Edgeville bank.

The percentage of money you have pot in according to the pot, is the same percentage chance you have to win the pot.

For example, if one puts in 1,000 blood money, and the pot is 10,000 blood money, that player has a 10% change to win

the random draw.

However, to stop very wealthy players from dominating the lottery, the maximum amount of blood money allowed to be

added to the lottery per uid/ip, should be 1,000, and the maximum amount of gold should be 5B.

From a mods perspective this may be annoying as it adds one more tiny job for them to do.

But, if Forum Mods (see below) are introduced, many jobs will be taken off the all the current moderators hands.

- ::Edgepvp

Players should be able to type the command '::edgepvp', '::brid' or '::pvp'

Which would teleport them into the bank of an instanced version of edgeville, with pvp world type mechanics.

As soon as one walks out the bank they are able to attack, or be attacked by others.

Elemental weapons, Korasi, all pets, primal, chaotics, all spirit shields (except the 'spirit shield' and 'blessed spirit shield),

and nex armour should be disabled here.

This will be a perfect spot for Hybrids & Tribrids (and maybe even venge pkers) to 1v1 each other,

without being in the dangers of deep wilderness.

As well as this, it may even attract more pkers to the server.

- Wilderness NPCs Credit to Ti for this suggestion.

Add full NPC wilderness spawns in the wilderness and make them aggressive to give the wilderness the proper feel and make for an easy transition for PKers. Also may aid in escapes especially in areas such as magebank.

Here are the wilderness NPC spawns to help:

https://www.rune-server.ee/runescape-development/rs2-server/configuration/141806-wilderness-npcs.html

http://www.runehq.com/map/wilderness-map

Mechanic Changes

- Ticking/Switching

As it is well known on Spawnpk, there is something strange about the switching, it is very unlike normal Runescape.

And it would truly be a great game changer, to change this aspect of the game.

Ticks on runescape are 0.6 seconds, now I'm not sure if on Spawnpk, the ticks are different, (e.g. 0.2 seconds),

or there is some kind of other system, or it is just switching that's off.

Here is an example of switching on Spawnpk:

jLJoHQ1.gif

Now clearly that 4 way switch was done in less than 0.6 seconds; however all the items were not equipped at the same time,

which is how it should be, if this could be done then it would make the game a lot better. Since right now, you are not able

to consistently one tick switches.

- Following

The current follow option comes with slightly different mechanics than actual Runescape,

on OSRS when following a player, one always stays directly behind them, so it is literally following.

This change is not a game changer but will improve Spawnpk, and I'm sure a lot of players will definitely want this.

Current Spawnpk follow mechanics:

G8rACGZ.gif

They should be changed to the

07 follow mechanics:

blfSVUd.gif

icwF7PU.gif

Forum Changes

- Mods

Add a new rank to Spawnpk, the forum moderator, someone who does not have the same moderation abilities

as in-game moderators, but has every forum power. Normal mods could even have some of their abilities (on the forums)

taken away, to give a better sense of Forum Mods, and In-Game Mods. So In-Game moderators could be more involved

with the community.

And people who just want to be Forum Mods, can apply.

- Notifications

Add a notifications drop down in between the private messages button and the 'My Profile' section.

This drop down will alert you and inform you when people tag you (see below), reply to your posts/threads.

Or the messages and notifications could be merged into one drop down.

If the drop down would be 'Notifications', the symbol could be planet Earth, or an alarm bell.

- Tagging

Add the ability to use the '@' character to tag other forum users in posts/threads.

When typing the name of the user you want to tag, it will show all the names starting with the letters typed, available to select.

Just how it works in private messaging:

tO2Oy4L.png

When tagged, a user is notified in their messages, or in the new notifications drop down.

- Suggestion Sub-forums

Add two Sub forums, inside suggestions.

When clicking on 'Suggestions' in 'General', this will take users to a choice of going to the 'In-game Suggestions' sub forum,

or the 'Forum Suggestions' sub forum.

- Graphics

Under 'Miscellaneous', add a 'Graphics' sub forum, I know this is wanted by many designers/editors out there!

Small Additions

- Mage Bank Huts & Lock Picks

Fix the item 'Lockpick', and the deep wilderness locations, axe hut, and pirates hut.

This will attract a lot more players to mage bank and the deep wilderness.

And is also something many, many people will be pleased about.

Lockpick:

http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Lockpick

Pirate's Hut:

http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Pirates'_Hideout

Axe Hut:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_axe_hut

http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_axe

- Capital Letters In Names

This is a very good feature, and something very simple to implement, something everyone wants.

Give Regular donators +, the ability to have what is typed (in terms of upper/lower case, for the username) in the log in screen

be exactly what their name is in-game.

For example if a user: 'Bobbo James', logged in with the cases as: 'bObBo jAmES', that would be exactly what his in-game name

would be. The same for 'bobbo james', 'BOBBO JAMES' or any other variation.

The user would (if they wanted to) be able to log in with a different upper/lower case variation every single time.

- Magic Tokens Credit to Headhunter for this suggestion

Give more milestones for boosts at the mage arena.

When a player has 1,000 tokens, their bonus on-kill tokens should be upped to 10.

At 5,000 tokens, 25

At 10,000 tokens, 50

At 25,000 tokens, 100

At 50,000 tokens, 150

At 750,000 tokens, 200

At 100,000 tokens, 275.

It would make PvMing at the mage arena more worth while, and not banking also significantly more worth while.

Which in turn will attract more PKers to mage bank.

- Implement the blood shop potions as flasks, into the donator coin shop.

A 'Super Combat Flask' should be added to the donator coin shop at d zone, along with the

pets, only available for super donators to purchase for a suggested amount of: 50m each.

They would look just like any other flask, except with the dark green colour I suggested the current super combat pot should be.

Along with this, 'Stamina Flask' and 'Anti-Venom Flask' should be added to the shop.

For a suggested price of: 30-50m

Visual Fixes

- Abyssal Tentacle

Currently the Abyssal Tentacle, a very commonly used weapon, and a best in slot for melee;

has a unique but worse design (not when being wield).

9XcTgeY.png

It would look a lot nicer if it was changed to this design:

wVN0IxX.png

- Rune Pouches

Here is what the regular rune pouch looks like on Spawnpk:

Q827tkB.png

I propose that it is changed to the better design (from 07):

RTxIawN.png

As well as that;

the recently added 'Auto-Keep Rune Pouch' needs to be a different colour than the regular one, for the obvious reasons.

However blue is quite an odd, as well as bright/bold colour, that stands out and looks rather strange in ones inventory.

yeuaKra.png

To make it look not so weird and un-fitting, it should be changed to a colour much more alike the regular rune pouch,

but still different enough to tell the difference:

dXbzgbu.png

Another option would be to have the flap of the pouch to be another colour:

MvU1vmS.png

Or both:

clLZq3W.png

But I think only subtly changing the colour would be the best option.

- Teleport Block

Tele block has a slightly new (and worse) animation on Spawnpk.

Changing it to the 07 animation will for one, give more clarity (especially for new players) on weather the TB has had effect or not.

As well as that, will make it look much better/cleaner.

Successful Teleport Block animation:

1QoTAYl.gif

Splashed Teleport Block animation:

SEPEQDQ.gif

- Super Combat Pot

The super combat design looks a bit weird and I know everyone would be much happier if it were changed to the 07 look:

http://i.imgur.com/BO693xf.png

Edited by Mod 4 Po please

I don't understand the visual changes. Like you are seriously altering a few pixels. If you asked any normal person, they would tell you that they are too similar to determine which one looks better. Really that's such an insignificant suggestion. Also do you know what best in slot means? Because the chaotic rapier > tentacle sooo....

I vote yes this sounds like a good idea, and the mini games of any sort would be epic for players to do other then pking and gambling. +1 even tho ryan wont ever look at this post lmao

Thank you for this thread!

I've noted most of these, but for the ::edgepvp type location, I'm a bit skeptical. There are currently a large variety of pk locations that the playerbase is spread among (between those who are even pking) and I'm afraid a zone like this may make the activity of traditional Edgeville pking even worse.

I could propose an edge PVP instance that only allows spawnable items (with the exception of a select few such as regular/blessed spirit shields, etc.) but without the kill rewards. This means no blood money, emblems, achievements, and possibly no effect to KDR. The reasoning behind this is to maintain an incentive/reason for people to still PK at traditional Edgeville as a majority, without seeing massive migrations to the PvP zone.

I could understand why this might disrupt the appeal of the idea, so let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,

Ryan

Support all of these ideas especially the minor ones such as the Tentacle whip and super combat re-work, following and the tele block animation.

I've noted most of these, but for the ::edgepvp type location, I'm a bit skeptical. There are currently a large variety of pk locations that the playerbase is spread among (between those who are even pking) and I'm afraid a zone like this may make the activity of traditional Edgeville pking even worse.

I could propose an edge PVP instance that only allows spawnable items (with the exception of a select few such as regular/blessed spirit shields, etc.) but without the kill rewards. This means no blood money, emblems, achievements, and possibly no effect to KDR. The reasoning behind this is to maintain an incentive/reason for people to still PK at traditional Edgeville as a majority, without seeing massive migrations to the PvP zone.

I could understand why this might disrupt the appeal of the idea, so let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,

Ryan

That would probably be an even better idea to add edge pvp with no pk reward, adding it would allow the influence of more variation for pking such as hybrids which the server isnt necessarily friendly for. Would be great to look into it as many people join the server looking to hybrid but are quickly dismayed with the lack of it and no where generally to go, as edge does have its rushers etc.

I had changed a few typos, added more to the tournament suggestion to make it more clear/in depth;

and added another suggestion, the lottery, a great money sink.

Thanks,

Ryan

In theory it does look like it would disrupt the appeal of edge pvp, however the real gain from pking, from any brids point of view,

is the loot you get from the kill; so I think you should definitely add edge pvp with no Pk reward, and see how it goes,

maybe in the future it may seem fit to add the pvp reward back.

I don't understand the visual changes. Like you are seriously altering a few pixels. If you asked any normal person, they would tell you that they are too similar to determine which one looks better. Really that's such an insignificant suggestion. Also do you know what best in slot means? Because the chaotic rapier > tentacle sooo....

LOL, tentacle has a spec bar, therefore it is best in slot, as a pose to rapier lol.

The visual fixes are not "insignificant", you say "if you asked any normal person", as well as this you say rapier > tentacle so I am assuming you are a PVMer, for you as a PVMer these visual fixes may seem insignificant. But every PKer knows they would make the game feel so much better.

And SpawnPK, needs to improve for the PKers.

LOL, tentacle has a spec bar, therefore it is best in slot, as a pose to rapier lol.

The visual fixes are not "insignificant", you say "if you asked any normal person", as well as this you say rapier > tentacle so I am assuming you are a PVMer, for you as a PVMer these visual fixes may seem insignificant. But every PKer knows they would make the game feel so much better.

WORDS! I support this thread, its amazing and would defio attract more pkers to this server

lul get good i 1 tick from rapier to ags

great suggestions overall

lul get good i 1 tick from rapier to ags

great suggestions overall

It's mechanically impossible on Runescape, unless it glitches, I'm pretty sure.

Thanks very much!

Nice topic but idc About the grafix, but the mage thing really should be fixed