Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

[December 9th, 2016] Corporeal beast, Elemental dagger, Christmas event, and more!

Next update ETA:

December 16th, 2016

wY8CTsD.png

After careful consideration and feedback from the rest of you, elemental dagger has been re-worked. The tele-block effect is no longer active, and it's been replaced with an extra damage effect. Read below for more info

Content Updates:

• Corporeal beast
    • A new wilderness boss has been added!
    • This boss does not have a teleport, because it randomly spawns in four different locations
    • All of these locations are >40 wild and in multi combat
    • Drops:
      • 4-6M coins
      • 2-8 Blood money
      • 1-2 Donator tickets
      • Regular spirit shield
      • Blessed spirit shield
      • Spirit shields

[*]All damage done to this monster without a spear will be reduced by 2/3.

[*]The spawn locations will not be revealed, it's up to you and your mates to figure them out!

[*]As stated before, it spawns in a random location out of four different locations

[*]Improvements for this boss will be made in the near future!

[*]Elemental dagger

• New melee elemental weapon added to the chaos elemental drop table
    • Special attack: Deals extra damage and accuracy. If the attack deals damage, an additional 5-15 magic damage (minimum of 5) will be applied to your target.
    • Work in progress, variation may occur in future updates.

[*]Christmas event

• Speak to santa clause near the blood fountain for more information
    • Exclusive cosmetic items are available as rewards for this event
    • Event will end some time in early January. An exact date has yet to be announced.

[*]Compensation

• Double experience is enabled and will last until December 16th, 2016
    • Double rare drops are enabled and will last until December 12th, 2016
    • You have a chance to receive an mbox when killing a player in Edgeville until December 16th, 2016

[*]Zamorakian spear

• Wiped all spawned zamorak spears from player accounts
    • Added to the blood money store for 500 bm, due to its utility against the new Corporeal Beast boss

[*]Added winter floors! Type ::snow to enable/disable the snowy floor if you dislike it!

[*]Blowpipe now has it's fast attack speed in PvM only

Bug fixes and tweaks:

• Fixed walking/running through webs
  • Fixed bug with PvP timer remaining on after killing your opponent
  • Fixed cash signs on legendary donator private messages
  • Fixed item history search with spacebars in the item's name
  • You will no longer get a clan-mate as a bounty target, except for in help cc
  • Fixed some lag issues when teleporting in and out of home
  • Potentially fixed melee attack distance bug (described here http://spawnpk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4526)
  • Removed debug message from phoenix necklace

Ryan, please no.

A weapon that is more powerful than the current top tier spec weapons with stats alone.

+ it has a tb, wtf is that, most broken shit ever. WHY?

WHY RYAN?

The other updates are all great.

But why..

EDIT: Maybe it's good to have a melee counterpart to the ele c bow, an insanely powerful weapon.

But imo, strong weapons are always bad.

The tb thing, I really don't like and it's basically an almost free 2 min tb.

What if you are almost at the end of an NH fight, the opponent has 1 brew left, and you spec them with the dagger, and get the tb.

You get the kill just because of that item.

All the other updates are amazing though.

Edited by Mod 4 Po please

is Zamorakian spear special coded as well?

This is an awesome update that i'm really glad to see - the one thing I think shouldn't have been done is adding the elemental dagger to the donor shop. It should have stayed unique to PvM drops at least for some time instead of allowing richer users to instantly purchase it and charge people as much as they want for it, also kind of ruins the point of getting one yourself IMO :l

I also thing the teleblock thing is just not a good idea, instead of tb perhaps it could have venom, stat lowering, or well, anything but teleblock?

Also even though it seems insignificant to a lot of people i'm really glad webs are finally fixed and the melee attack distance thing since I was pretty sick of being hit with whips and AGS's from 3 squares away

Is the Elemental dagger beter than abyssal dagger overall and how much % per spec?

is Zamorakian spear special coded as well?

This is an awesome update that i'm really glad to see - the one thing I think shouldn't have been done is adding the elemental dagger to the donor shop. It should have stayed unique to PvM drops at least for some time instead of allowing richer users to instantly purchase it and charge people as much as they want for it, also kind of ruins the point of getting one yourself IMO :l

I also thing the teleblock thing is just not a good idea, instead of tb perhaps it could have venom, stat lowering, or well, anything but teleblock?

Also even though it seems insignificant to a lot of people i'm really glad webs are finally fixed and the melee attack distance thing since I was pretty sick of being hit with whips and AGS's from 3 squares away

Ill have to agree with you on the tb not being a good idea. not even ebcause it will get me killed as a rusher but the fact that you are on a timer when you run out of wildy now you have to worry about the dagger teleblocking you? it seems a little much.

Ill have to agree with you on the tb not being a good idea. not even ebcause it will get me killed as a rusher but the fact that you are on a timer when you run out of wildy now you have to worry about the dagger teleblocking you? it seems a little much.

I wasn't really speaking with rushers in mind; this could be quite problematic for deep wilderness and multi PKers as well.

love that the dagger deals 5-15 magic upon spec its like an extra dfs spec thats awesome will be great for multi pking and for those kids who tele at edge. you shouldnt be allowed to tele in combat without pet or glory. i dont like how the new boss is level 40 wildi please make it 30s or less so we can glory tele out multi teams will just camp it can kill u without alien ur done. and please make korasi spec good again its a 20b wep not 200m it should spec good we need to nerf the low cost items or make ags and claws hard to get and wipe them ags and claws spec as good or better then dwh and korasi now abby dagger is horribly op for 200m please think about this love the early christmas updates that was a cool surprise as were the double drops thank you for that.

Edited by og squdward

Elemental dagger has been re-worked after some feedback and careful consideration. Please re-read the topic's original post for the new information. Thanks!

is it x2 rare drop or x2 rare drop rates?

Double drop quantities, the rates are the same.

i say add the xmas event in a way for pvmers to benefit from it. some of us either don't do them skills or don't pk much

Elemental dagger has been re-worked after some feedback and careful consideration. Please re-read the topic's original post for the new information. Thanks!

Looks better

Ryan, were spirit shields removed from everyone's bank?

If so (it doesn't really matter) but you forgot to mention it.

If not then my arcane has gone through thin air lol.

Ryan, were spirit shields removed from everyone's bank?

If so (it doesn't really matter) but you forgot to mention it.

If not then my arcane has gone through thin air lol.

no, no spirit shields were removed from anyone's bank he only does that if he's making a spawnable item become unspawnable.

no, no spirit shields were removed from anyone's bank he only does that if he's making a spawnable item become unspawnable.

ah ok, then I have no idea where my arcane has gone because I never put it up in the market.

:S haha