Sign in to follow this  
nopid

Game improvements and some 'bugs'

Risk protection

1.Turning item protection off is used to manipulate it
    *Fix : It should 'assume' you're gonna use item protection all the time like death pets.

2. There is a certain bug where if the opponent (player Abuser) has a death pet in inventory, and a non +1 pet out, he can attack you and when the game consider Abuser has a death pet his risk is 'none' so he has no risk protection, but me 'Dragon' the player attacking Abuser can't attack him because in the target interface it shows that his risk is Extreme and he is therefore protected, but he can attack me without his risk protection going down, because on his part the game sees the Death pet in inventory and says 'alright you don't have any risk so theres no reason for risk protection to go down'

3. If you attacking someone unskulled and he skulls mid fight, you can't continue to attack due to his risk increasing
  *Fix : Risk protection shouldn't be activated unless you are skulled outside the wilderness and enter the wilderness skulled, or relog while being skulled.
    -It also messes you up if you manage to smite someone and can't finish them off due not being able to attack

4. Risk protection shouldn't work in the following places : 
    -Pure zone (seen as level 20 wilderness)
    -Risk arena (seen as level 20 wilderness)
    -Multi

5. You should receive a warning if the opponent has less risk and if your risk protection is about to lower/go down. This warning would be toggle-able wether you want to receive it or not.

6. Currently manually casting Spells on players bypasses the risk protection, same might work with Dfs spec, dragon spear, elemental mace(?), same works if you have risk protection, it doesn't lower it if you attack someone with no risk

Overall combat improvements/fixes/suggestions

1. '07 ticks' seem way too long and definitely not like 07
    *Get rid of the 'custom ticks' and make 1 universal tick at 600ms like 07

2. The location of Ice barrage spell in ancients is in the wrong spot, if someone plays 07 or any other rsps and comes back to SpawnPk its really annoying to get adjusted to it everytime, for a Rsps of this size it's kinda embarrassing.

3. Toggle-able miasmic spells. It wouldn't fix the ice barrage location in the spell book, but some people, including myself want to see a 'clean' spellbook.

4. A toggle for the information box that appears when you hover over prayers, sure some people might not notice but it gets really annoying especially when you are NHing (would be a nice extra to have)

5. Prayer switching, eating and basically everything feels 'delayed' especially if you are on '07 ticks'. I don't get how this happend but on RuneX prayer switching is far more responsive.

6. The auto-cast spells can hit the max hit cap (sang e=46, Terror staff=52) with absolutely no gear/pet/prayers at all which promotes 'no risk'  setups and makes it less skillful. Also you shouldn't be able to hit the max hit with just couple untradeable because it completely devalues Ancestral, Sorcerer, Tormented bracalet, occults and mage pets (anything that gives magic damage %/max hits)
    *They should be overall nerfed so casting spells which require more skill becomes     more viable.

7. You can currently 'juggle' skotizo pet on someone if you semi-time it which results in an 'infinite pet silence duration', It resets the timer if another player attacks you with the skotizo pet
    *Fix : Should be based on the player that is getting pet silenced, EX : if me (dragon)     gets pet silenced, i should have a 60 second immunity from skotizo pets from         players
 -Skotizo pet doesn't apply to opponent if you Dragon spear/zspear spec

8. Currently you can enter the skotizo portal from 3 tiles away which makes it pretty safe to pvm,instead you should be in front of portal to be able to enter.

9. Make the left click on the looting bag to Open/Close

10. Damage queuing is kinda weird, if I ags gmaul someone, and I am Venged+recoil, if my opponent hits my venge+recoil kicks in, the game will show (on the player you're hitting) Ags, Veng dmg, recoil dmg, and the granite maul will be soo delayed because of that.

11. Reduce the 'anti-farm' timer at ::pure and ::edgepvp because not too many people go there and you have to fight the same guys over and over (usually at pure where people die fast)

12. The player that you're interacting with or is interacting with you should appear on top of the pile (wilderness mostly).

13. Add proper entrance to rev caves its kinda weird entering a cave at level 39 and being teleported to level 25(or whatever it is) and near the entrance it should be single combat.

Last Man Standing improvements

1. First of and the most important thing, the delay in there is mad, we already have different combat system for tourney,wilderness,edgepvp, but lms is the worst.
    *Should make it feel closer to actual wilderness

2. The Reward chest (keys) need to be drastically revamped, you should not be able to get range legs, Dharok's body and some stuff that don't make sense, and the 'bloodier' keys only give PvP weapons, which imo considering the amount of people that join each LmS game, theres nothing else but PvP items
       *The regular keys give 2 items, the bloodier keys give 1, this should be changed from 1 to 2 with the 'higher tier gear/weps' to make bloodier keys actually good and more variety than just pvp weapons(currently they give pvp Weapons).

3. Add more 'crates' and make sure to  announce their location, they should give the best tier of armour/weapons inside of the LMS (ex : Vls,Swh, Ancestral (maybe), Kodai wand etc)

4. The nerf of Statius warhammer and Ballista cause currently they are too strong.
    -Statius warhammer attacks from a distance which seems like a bug

5. Buff of reward points and lowering prices of items in the store so people actually buy them rather than being none ingame for 1 year.
    *Should give points even for just participating, extra points per kill, and other points for placing higher. (Currently best way to get LmS pts is to NOT do lms [point boxes from pvming] )
6. Revamp the LMS shop

7. Add visible announcements on yell on when the LMS game is starting and make it announce when there's 3 mins, 2 mins, 1 min then 30 seconds left.    

8. Random rewards once in a while (Example : Whoever wins the next LMS game receives a $10 Bond)

9. Fix the 'cross-to Rock with ropes

10. Make the spawn of players(when the game starts) in pairs so you don't have to run around to find your target.

11. A Map of LMS (optional)

Edited by nopid

*Note* If I do not directly respond it means I agree even if the issue at hand doesn't bother me: (Info box on the prayer book)

1- You should receive a warning if the opponent has less risk and if your risk protection is about to lower/go down. This warning would be toggle-able wether you want to receive it or not.

1- Completely unnecessary players do not need to be babied and if every other fix which IMO is 1000x more important is added players shouldn't be confused about this so -1

2-  '07 ticks' seem way too long and definitely not like 07

2- In an ideal world yes as I said on my suggestion too these tics are way too delayed and can be very inconsistent leaving combat feeling unpredictable at the best of times. However considering the age of the server and what the server originally was like to PK on I do believe that Spawnpk has come an extremely long way in terms of PvP mechanics but alas that last step in making the server feel GREAT seems to be a pretty difficult task due to the original tics of the server just not being the standard 600ms. Essentially having mashed 3 of the standard tics together to create the "07 tic" system is bound to create flaws but if this can be perfected it would be really great because in its current state while it feels "better" than non 07 tics to nh on it does really feel extremely delayed compared to what osrs tics should be and this combined with being on high ping can create an almost unplayable experience for certain PK styles.

3- The auto-cast spells can hit the max hit cap (sang e=46, Terror staff=52) with absolutely no gear/pet/prayers at all which promotes 'no risk'  setups[,,,].

3- Biggest pet peeve of a PvP server is completely ruining the viability of the normal and ancient spell book for PKing unless you want to use an autocast weapon. The max hits. accuracy and damage scaling of these weapons really do need to be heavily reduced in terms of PvP because it really has ruined deep wilderness PKing for many people and has lead people to quit because of how awful it is to fight vs the current meta in spawnpk.

4- Damage queuing is kinda weird, if I ags gmaul someone, and I am Venged+recoil, if my opponent hits my venge+recoil kicks in, the game will show (on the player you're hitting) Ags, Veng dmg, recoil dmg, and the granite maul will be soo delayed because of that.

4- I could be wrong but I think I have an idea to why this is and maybe you @nopid could test this indepth. What I believe is going on to have caused this is the two different tic systems. Let me elaborate: the two different tic systems have different timings for actions like switching/ eating, but could this possibly also work for veng/ recoil (I barely edge pk as is so I've never really thought about it) so if you can a differing player are on two different tic systems could their Veng/ Recoil damage process faster than you can see them rendering them uneatable? You'd have to test this at cw or something to know for sure but I think it may actually have something to do with it (This also should be tested for other passive damages like dfs)

5-  Reduce the 'anti-farm' timer at ::pure and ::edgepvp because not too many people go there and you have to fight the same guys over and over (usually at pure where people die fast)

5- For pure I actually agree its a much faster style of pking and you tend to only see soo many people at pure so you're bound to fight the same person a couple times. However this DOES NOT need to be reduced at Edgepvp in any way shape or form I'd much rather agree to them removing the Anti-farm in the wilderness than at Edgepvp. This is because how often do you really kill someone back to back at Edgepvp? In my experience this only really happens due to an extremely lucky spec in the first couple seconds of a "rm" or when you're fighting a less experienced player who is trying to learn. In both scenarios I really do not feel like you should feel like you deserve the extra point at Edgepvp.

LMS:

tenor.gif?itemid=10478234

@LizzyI meant to say risk protection shouldn't work at pure or epvp, ended up saying timer should be decreased, my bad.

52 minutes ago, nopid said:

@LizzyI meant to say risk protection shouldn't work at pure or epvp, ended up saying timer should be decreased, my bad.

Oh yeah im cool w/ that then

+1 Agree on all thanks for taking time to make this. Not only do you just give suggestions you are descriptive as to why it should be implemented. Spk should have a suggestion squad and you should be apart of it.