Sign in to follow this  
The samurai

What i think about spawnpk

This are my thoughts, if you wish to comment anything you think i write that is wrong or correct, please do so without flaming. I am just trying to contribute to making the server better by writing my honest opinion on what is worth looking into to improve the server. This is only the bad sides of spawnpk in my eyes, it is by far my fav. server i have played, and i think there are tons of good stuff that could have been brought up. Excuse my English, it is not my first language. Keep in mind that these are suggestions, and do not get triggered by them. If you are a staff member easily butthurt please dont read this, as i do not want to get muted ingame because of a suggestion posted on the forums.

1)

Starting off with the pk aspect, including youtubers.

Spawnpk used to be a server where you could create an account, use a preset after logging on and go pking whilst still having a chance to kill your opponents. Today that is not the case. There are people pking in tektonic unskulling, cursed obsidian risking 1b in untradeables or end-game players risking 100b+ with pets making them unable to die to spawnable pkers. Recent updates have shown that edge pking is getting looked into, but not nearly enough. I have no quick-fix in mind, but im sure if the owners actually would start involving themselves in the community they would quickly figure out with the help of players what could be fixed and what needs to be removed. Spawnpk is supposed to be a server where you can log on and pk, not log on spend hours to get a single piece of untradeable item to still get instantly dragon knifed to 0hp. I started playing this server close to a year ago, and it has been my favorite ever since. Today i cant seem to find the same joy i did back then, because of the constant discussions on yell, wilderness being camped by doppel/divine users and spawnies logging out 30 minutes after creating their account due to end-game players completely destroying their experience. Yes this happens on every server, i get that, but when a pk server has the same amount of people in wilderness as at ::gamble, something is wrong.

The youtuber part. Spawnpk has many good content creators, and some decent ones. The one problem i find with these youtube videos is the same content constantly being brought up, like daily moneymaking activities split into 3 videos with a 500b giveaway getting 100 likes, only because of the giveaway. Youtube videos shouldnt JUST be giveaways, it should promote the server in a good way. The top youtuber is using clips with 2 month old footage, and is still getting 200+ likes with 0 dislikes because of the giveaways. Not hating on the last mentioned, that is by far my favorite one besides Tevin. I see players ingame with a youtube rank because of subscriber count, without having more than 1 spawnpk video, or posting one spk video a month. If there was a slight chance for people to get a rank by posting 1 quality video a week for a month, i do believe tons of people would try it.

2)

The staff/owners.

I have no idea how to run a private server, nor do i ever intend on doing so. But i know for a fact that if i had one, i would write more than one discord message a month or keep my promises. There are people not recieving their donations on the daily, waiting hours or even days to get a reply. Crazy. The donations are what keeps the server running, and if a person donates 500$ to it, i would assume help would be provided within an hour or two.

I know the summer event is coming, and we all are waiting for it and there probably has been put more time into it than we all think, but why promise something a set date to launch a sandy texture and an npc that we cant talk to to then go silent for a week without any eta. on it. I have been playing the last month getting ready for the event drop, and im gonna miss the start of it because im working in a different country this summer. All the progress i have done, hours every day for nothing. Its the same old, blood revs, raids without drops making 10b-20b an hour while gamblers are cleaning new players for their banks. People have been asking for a gambleban for ages, a simple ban command but noone has ever responded to it. Most likely because it brings in tons of donations.

Trying to reach a owner is like trying to get a reply from a instagram model. You wont. Ever. And if you do get hacked, god forbid, the ticket is answered to late and your items are gone for good. Even the most active players that deserve helper or mod have no chance, as you decide to give the status to someone that has abused their position previously, and has been on the edge multiple times after getting his status. Do you not trust your most active players enough to give them a shot at actually improving the server?

My suggestion here, get involved. Listen to your players instead of writing one sentence a week on discord and telling people what they want to hear but never do anything about it.

3)

Gambling

Yes, i know most of the current eco-holders are long time players who have built their banks up over time. They also control the economy and if they decide to dump a certain item, it affects tons of people. Most of the eco holders are camping gamble when they are online, cleaning players. Most of the spawnpk youtubers are gambling 80% of the time, and while it is fun content, the people they clean quit. The eco is built around ::gamble, and who gets cleaned. If an eco holder does get partially cleaned, most of the item prices will drop by tons. This has happened in the past, and will happen again. While rich people get tons of new items out of this, the players who does not have wealth enough to buy items and are looking for npc drops get nothing in return. Blood slayer is 10-30b an hour, gamble for eco holders can be 100t+.

The pid system in the duel arena and blackjacking needs to be fixed. Blackjacking is such a scam, i hope noone ever does it. It is not uncommon to see a player get 98, while host hits 99-100. I do not blackjack, but the host wins 80% of the time, maybe even more. This does not affect the owners, so i could understand they dont really care, but it affects the players testing their luck. Specially new players without a gamble scroll.

4)

The server

How long is it since some useful update, a big update, actually has been implemented? New bosses, not one boss, but actual new content. The spawnpk playerbase today is mostly people who have played for years or months, and people who try it out for one day and quit. After making 20b from your daily tasks, what are you supposed to do after that? Blood slayer for 30 days to get a blood relic, 100 normal raids to maybe get one item? Go gamble and test your luck? OR maybe go pking where you find 5-10 players in edge either maxed out with a blood orb and tektonic, or players abusing the range mechanics to 100-0 you within 2 seconds. Ikov has a growing playerbase due to tons of content and being constantly updated with huge updates, where spawnpk is lucky to get one update a month that can be bugfixes.

What im trying to get out of this post is that spawnpk has so much potential, but is far away from being perfect due to a staff that has given up but has decided to keep it going due to either donations or a lengthy commitment that they dont want to give up on.

Again, these are my thoughts, please do not post tons of hate comments, post what you want to see fixed, or what you think is wrong with my post. (And this is my 2nd language, excuse typos)

• Like 2

A topic like this comes around every month or so, but they will never ever change. Ryan is content with mediocrity, he doesn't give a fuck about the players, it's just passive income to him at this point, minimal effort, maximum return.

Appeals never get done, supposedly they do them twice a week, but I see alot of players that have been waiting for months. Even a simple password reset takes days, sometimes even weeks on here.

Ryan has been able to ride on his loyal playerbase so far, but there will be a boiling point sometime soon, and it's all going belly up, and he wouldn't give a single fuck.

• Like 1