Sign in to follow this  
Scooby Doo

Scooby Dooo Staff Application

I vouch for Scooby Doo, great player ingame and super helpful! definitely deserves helper rank and beyond. best of luck. :)

100% vouch for scooby. Would have said something sooner but didnt know where to until he linked me this. This guy's helped me and answered so many questions that i've asked him. I appreciate it a ton too cause i havent played in years, and never done raids or anything and am basically half-retarded at the game so having someone to help me is the only reason i even stuck around on the server.

I stay NEUTRAL for now.

reason: 

I do think he helps with basic stuff, that's good. But it's just not enough. 

Also pretty childish over yell and is barely active on forums/discord.

I'd suggest you to:

1. Be more active on forums, help players out here too.

2. Be active on SpawnPK discord.

3. Be less childish, more proffesional.

4. Get to know the game a little better. 

Wish you the best of luck with your application nevertheless.

• Thanks 1

+1 helped me immediately when no staff was online to help recover my account my messaging staff for me. the issue was resolved, and I was impressed with how quickly he responded to a help request. 

Have not played this server in a while and dont know the applicant but I find these staff applications interesting to look at. 

-1 Not a genuine helper.

A prosperous and viable staff member is not determined by someone who helps in-game by virtue of constant broadcasting of "pm me if you need help". Considering this is the most common approach amongst regular players attempting to achieve helper or any other staff status, I think it is appropriate we explore this first. In identifying a genuinely a 'helpful' player, whos intent isn't solely on achieving official status, you would probably have most luck searching for those who are active in 'help cc'; answering questions asked by players. As a player who has been on many rsps's out there, being active in help cc is what is really effective and useful. In my experience and intuition, almost every player I have come across, who broadcoasts "pm me for help", does it solely to bring attention to himself - particularly when other higher staff members are online, likewise, they slow down their broadcasting where no staff is online. Additionally, they utilize 'pms' to give half-assed answers, where it is private so that others can't see that the applicant is merely giving half-assed answers and in all actuality has no intent on helping. 

For this reason, any individual who's application relies on the fact that he often broadcasts his help to other player (through means of yell), proposes a weak application. One that is founded on the guise of 'virtue', one that lacks a solid and observable track record of supporting the community with knowledge. Simply put, yelling "pm me for help", is a demonstration of someone who is not interested in actually helping, but rather making known to the rsps population that he is a 'helper'.

If the server is interested in a genuine 'helper', observe the cc frequently for who is answering questions, as they generally should be doing so out of compassionate nature in making sure confused players find the solution to their expressed problem. 

-1 Lack of expectations as a staff member, lack of awareness.

This is one that is a little harder to articulate. Any individual who is thinking about occupying an official position, whether helper or moderator, needs to understand what is expected and predictable in terms of behavior. 

For example, when you are applying for a position, and have publicly posted your application, it is not an opportunity for you to rebuttal every negative comment (-1) you receive, like-wise it is not an opportunity to praise every positive comment (+1) you receive. It is a place for the community to discuss amongst each other your fit for the position you are applying, via your history of conduct. It is not a place for you to prove yourself or make your argument, those you should have done as a player, in-game, prior to applying, as a part of the process of being a genuinely staff-worthy player. Your prior conduct should speak for yourself. Every applicant will experience 'haters' or 'trolls', the staff-team and for that matter, every reasonable person will understand that outliers will exist in the comments, i.e the one negative calling you a racist to slander you while the remaining 21 are +1ing you (this is a hypothetical it doesnt exactly apply to you but similar circumstances do). The fact that you are replying to every comment with your opinion as to whether the commentators opinion is valid, demonstrates a childish behaviour that lacks the awareness and maturity a staff position requires. You bite at every bone thrown at you, and to make it worse, you do this on a thread you're particularly encouraged not to do. It is not your place on this thread to answer peoples opinion on whether you are a fit staff member or not. The law of large numbers will prevail, the more comments you receive, the more evident what is true and what is false will be depicted. In this light, you have received a significant and substantial amount of -1 opinions, this coupled with your inability to professionally conduct yourself, makes you an unfavorable applicant. You simply can not be asking for proof against the comments you receive on your thread, you are obviously aware that the players dont have proof - for reasons other than the allegations being untrue - for example, why would someone bother screenshotting you flaming, evidently some people have and they have posted it, but for the others who have alleged you flamed them, you are asking them for proof when you understand that they most likely dont have it, not becaue it didn't happen (not saying that it 100% did), but because there's simply was no incentive at that time for the person you flamed to screen shot you flaming, as they at that time would not have known that you would be applying for a helper position in the near future, and thats taking for granted that they are even motivated to mitigate your chances in achieving your application position. 

-1 Scamming

To reiterate, I have not seen you scamming, I haven't played spawn pk in a while, however you have admitted to it in this thread. Now let me say something: I am guilty of having scammed, not on this server because the gambling was automated as I remember, but other servers. So do not understand this specific -1 as being spiteful because you simply committed the act of scamming.

This is a more opinionated analysis, relative to the two above. It has been stipulated you've scammed. In my opinion, the best course of action for you to take, is to own up to it.

Now, you might say, "I have owned up to it, I admitted that I scammed once before". Make no mistake, owning up to something is not the same as admitting it. For example, there are many reasons unkown to us players why you might have decided to admit to it - maybe there's video proof, maybe you were banned, maybe so many people saw you scam that it would be absurd to deny, maybe its common knowledge that you scammed so it would be a smarter move to admit it than to deny in terms of gaining support for your application. So this is why admitting is not the same as owning up to it. "I scammed, it was a mistake, I'm sorry"  is not owning up to it. The reality is, is that it wasn't a mistake in your behaviour, it was a mistake because now it threatens the chances you receive this official position. Had you never intended to apply for helper, would it still be a mistake ? Would you still consider it a mistake that you scammed and your x amount of gp richer... probably not . 

In this regard, you should own up to it; "I scammed because I was tempted by the large bank I could make, at the time I did not expect I would eventually be applying for a helper position. Now I realize it hurts the chances I can receive this position. What I did was selfish and careless, but I have learned that scamming doesn't bring the same satisfaction as helping people. I genuinely enjoy helping people, and would never in a million years make the same decision to scam, as I did before, today I would much rather support the community instead of abusing it" 

Conclusively; these three points alone depict you are probably inadequate to be occupying a staff position. I write this in detail not just for you, considering I literally have never communicated with you, but also for many other players frequently seeking to become a staff member, yet being in the same position and taking the same approach. It is quite obvious that you are not interested in helping people, but rather you seem to be interested in the special status and treatment of being an official,  or in other words the power. I have seen too many like you seemingly pretending to help.

To be clear, staff members don't all need to be compassionate helpers, or have an innate sense of virtue, but to be a 'helper', where your sole and primary duty is to help, you do. 

Edited by x2wo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, x2wo said:

broadcasts his help to other player (through means of yell), proposes a weak application.

1. Umm? Is there any other way to broadcast my help to people? I currently help a lot in help cc over yell and Pms. I even call people on discord that have problems with their client or need further assistance with the game. 

If you are an active player you will actually see that im online for at least 9+ hours a day and you will know that i advertise whether staff are online or not. In addition I have helped staff with a lot of situations. I do not yell just to prove to the community that I am a helper. I do it because I actually want to help the community and help the server grow.

2. Most of the -1s have the same reason and i have addressed it and replied to it many different times, I am very aware of almost everything that happens and I even sometimes warn staff of something that they did not catch.

3. As you said you are a new player. I have owned up to it by admitting it and by proving i was actually sorry by paying back and actually trying to bury the bad deeds by adding good deeds. It was a one time mistake and it will never happen again. 

In conclusion, you are saying that I am pretending to help which is incredibly incorrect. You can go ask staff members if I am actually pretending. I help out way more than you think. It is not just on yell. 

38 minutes ago, Scooby Dooo said:

1. Umm? Is there any other way to broadcast my help to people? I currently help a lot in help cc over yell and Pms. I even call people on discord that have problems with their client or need further assistance with the game. 

Proving my point. Again, this is not a place or opportunity for you to rebuttal comments. Say what you need to say in your original post and let the community decide the rest, you shouldn't be commenting anything, not a single comment.

1. You dont need to broad cast your help. You stay in help cc and answer questions, or answer questions on yell/pm when someone asks someone. Broadcasting in itself is already an indication you're not doing anything but attempting to make known you are a so-called 'helper'. Its very simple, the effectiveness of yelling is close to none. As I've said before, there is a clear distinction between actually helping, and yelling that you are helping. It is my strict opinion that anyone who has been a long-time helper/helping the community never yells broadcasting hes open to help. Any long-time helper would've already realized that kind of broadcasting is futile, and that most people requiring help will make it known in the help cc or on yell. By you yelling, you are demonstrating you have no intention to give attention to the proper channels for where people who require help exist, rather you are demonstrating its easier to autotype every 5 minutes "pm me for help" and then shift-reply a half-assed answer. There are optimal ways of conduct, any long-term helper would know this, and thus not be utilizing auto-type broadcasting to do good. 

You time online does not determine whether you will make a good staff member, it only shows you are active. While thats probably ideal, it doesnt matter how active you are if you're not the person for the position.

2. Theres nothing to address. The mere fact that you feel the need to address misconduct shows that you're not interested in the feedback you're receiving - probably because you don't give a shit, rather you're addressing because you think defending yourself might increase your chances of receiving the position your after. I can't speak to the competence of server staff, but chances are, if they give a shit about having good helpers, they won't view your defensive attitude as a favorable attribute. Like I said, you're defending because you want to win, you want the position, not because you think you are right.  A -1 is a -1; you don't address +1's other than saying "ty" yet you find the need to address "-1's" and explain why their -1 is invalid. You simply think every -1 is invalid. 

3. Ofcourse it will never happen again because you're now applying for a position. But what makes people care about you scamming, is they are imagining a scenario in which you never plan on applying for a position, they are imagining, "if scooby was never planning to apply/ never applied for helper, would he scam again". Evidently, in many player opinions, the answer is yes. I concur with them. Eluding back to what it takes to be a helper; a good samaritan, someone who can't be tempted by personal gain. The fact that you scammed should alone forever disqualify from being a helper, unless you have redeeming qualities, which is already rare in itself, but most people believe you don't - depicted in these comments. This is coming from someone who also has scammed, multiple times for that matter, so do not misunderstand this as spite.

Maybe you do these unfavorable things out of lack of awareness, maybe you do them intentionally. Either way, in my view it is clear that you are not cut out for this position. Maybe you end up getting it, who knows? But I've seen good helpers on many servers and shitty ones. The shitty ones are always trying to prove they're worthy, the good helpers don't need to prove it because naturally they are cut out for the job and the community sees that.

Edited by x2wo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, x2wo said:

Theres nothing to address. The mere fact that you feel the need to address misconduct shows that you're not interested in the feedback you're receiving - probably because you don't give a shit, rather you're addressing because you think defending yourself might increase your chances of receiving the position your after.

I do give a shit. Some of the people that give me -1s just want to shit talk to me and trying to get pissed ingame all the time. 

Thank you for your feedback btw

I agree, I see some idiots telling you your school and maintenance of your GPA will bring your gameplay time down. Some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard, completely irrelevant and borderline just shit talking. 

You need to trust that many people, like myself, pay no attention to those idiots. We know a stupid comment when we see one. And rest assured the final decision does not rely on the input of those idiots, like I said, there will always be some idiotic comments, but they will be universally recognized as so and that's why you can't be responding. You must simply trust the community to filter what is garbage vs what is not. 

Edited by x2wo

-1 shady kid imo. Leaves and rejoins Elementals, never active other than when other staff is online. 

Edited by req

51 minutes ago, req said:

-1 shady kid imo. Leaves and rejoins Elementals, never active other than when other staff is online. 

1. Leaves and rejoins? im in help cc on an alt

2. Im never active other than when staff is online? You can go ahead and yell that questions so you can get a response from the players my dude. I help whenever I am available.

31 minutes ago, Scooby Dooo said:

1. Leaves and rejoins? im in help cc on an alt

2. Im never active other than when staff is online? You can go ahead and yell that questions so you can get a response from the players my dude. I help whenever I am available.

Auto chatting for recognition is a sheep way of claiming you "help". + I never see your auto chats unless other staff are online so it seems like you're trying to get noticed.

Edited by req

1 minute ago, req said:

Auto chatting for recognition is a sheep way of claiming you "help". + I never see your auto chats unless other staff are online so it seems like you're trying to get noticed.

This is extremely incorrect, but thank you for your feedback

You getting staff is probably the worst thing that can happen to this server. I hope the people who recruit staff look at this and laugh... you're one of the most toxic players on here lol. You would 100% abuse your powers no doubt. Your grammar sucks and your misuse of commas annoys the hell out of me. If by some miracle you did get staff... you would be watched 24/7 and it'd almost be like staff babysitting you, which just doesn't seem worth it. The fact most of the people saying +1 are randoms and don't have much proof to support their reason along with people saying you ask for positive feedback and blah blah just screams fishy lol.

Whilst I agree staff team do need more applicants, you are probably ONE of the worst people to join the team. 

• Like 1

-1 user is a known scammer and despised by a good portion of the older playerbase.

How can a player with a scamming record even be allowed to open a staff application? 

Scooby, i am going to be as real as possible. I was a good staff member for a number of big servers and can be voucned for from rspspk Nd locopk players *closed servers no promtions* but my problem with u and i havnt even been ingame was i feel like u got rich for a while which put ur name in the air. You know i never once yell for ppl to pm me for help or anything they just did by word of mouth. In no means is u yelling it every so often a problem. Just makes you seem like a seeker. As of now its a no from me only cuz i feel like ur trying way to hard to get it i do love the drive to not give up which u shouldn't ive known raidon for many of years starting on my og account sparta then to iron perkins and one thing i noticed, you dont see him yelling to pm him for help etc simply

Ask people to join the help cc and even if u feel like ur fighting to answer questions first a good server wont choose the person answering the question there gonn look at the ones answering them either way no matter what. Raidon got his spot cuz hes a known person in the community who people just offf rip know they can pm him and were talkin Bout raidon who used to be the biggest troll on the game ogs will know 

My advice is stop trying to hard like a staff hunter and just keep helping the way you have been. When u become a helper your still playing the game so trying to obtain helper the only thing that shouldnt be on ur head is who to help next. Its to play the game u want and make sure everyone who could use your help receives it promptly and politely go to you man.

-dher jerry aka iron perkins

On 1/14/2020 at 11:05 PM, Kellatha said:

ME! I've never been toxic :P 

LIES you said i could 1 tick arm off and veng stack somonen for trills in risks but would plank to a boss with actual mechanics! I call toxis! -iron perkins

My wife vanessa said she didnt know if u remebered her but y'all used to talk alot swear down she thought u was a dude tho

6 hours ago, dher jerry said:

LIES you said i could 1 tick arm off and veng stack somonen for trills in risks but would plank to a boss with actual mechanics! I call toxis! -iron perkins

My wife vanessa said she didnt know if u remebered her but y'all used to talk alot swear down she thought u was a dude tho

I'd plank to that same boss 😭but in all seriousness i was probably joking because i crack jokes like that all the time like "i can barely keep up with demonics prayer" etc

I know who she is because you told me but IIRC we've never talked besides her needing help. I don't even know her in game and she has to tell me who she is for me to even know because I literally don't know anything about her besides yall being married.

On 2/20/2020 at 3:53 PM, Ascendency said:

You are a good guy, but what ive learned about people is that when someone does something once, they're more than likely going to do it again. If you ever did get "helper" id find it hard to believe that you wont ask for lends and using your helper status as a escape goat to them saying you'll scam them. Because you have gambled other peoples items before. 2 . is that being a staff gambmling must be kept at a minumum and seeing that all you do is gamble and the way you scammed the players items was by gambling them, its hard to believe you changed within a few weeks. What makes it worse, all of this happened when you were applying for the staff team. To me it proves that you're doing this for a seprate reason not because you want to see the server grow. So ill be having to give you a -1 becuase one thing i hate is when people trust you with certain things and then that person ends up scamming you for your items.

Litterally worded perfectly.

Don't care about the fellas past, every time i've had a query or question he answer my noob ass through PM, even when hes been busy. Good lad to be fair and should be given a free impartial chance.

Closing since Scooby Doo is now an official member of the SpawnPK Staff team.

Welcome Scooby Doo congratulations!