Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

[August 31st, 2016] Achievements, unspawnable dharok's, and more!

Next update ETA:

September 9th, 2016

042809c854851d1ee9370ade4559182d.png

Content Updates:

• New achievement system for our goal-oriented players
    • The quest/information tab has been changed to support this
    • 25 new achievements have been added
    • Encourages other PK styles, such as 1 defence pures
    • Rewards:
      • Item rewards are included for each achievement. For the most part they aren't too high in value, but a few achievements are very rewarding (donator chests, boxes, keys, etc.)
      • A few achievements provide other boosts and bonuses, such as eligibility for the new trimmed completionist cape (See "Completionist II" achievement)

[*]Players who have already accomplished some of the achievements before this update will receive completion upon login

• This will only apply for SOME of the achievements, not all!

[*]More achievements will be added in the future, and the red completionist cape eligibility will reset each time

[*]Dharok's gear

• Dharok equipment pieces are no longer spawnable
    • You can obtain them from the new "Barrows" minigame located in the boss teleports
    • You can also obtain them in the blood money equipment store for x50 blood money a piece (helmet costs 35)

[*]Breaking equipment

• The following equipment now "break" on death:
      • Morrigan's
      • Vesta
      • Statius's
      • Zuriel's
      • Dharok's

[*]They will still break even if you protect them on death, with the exception of safe instanced areas (zulrah and abyssal sire)

[*]When broken, they can not be equipped and will require a cash fee to repair them

[*]Broken items are not tradeable

[*]To repair armor, speak to the "repair dwarf" located south of the Edgeville general store (behind the fence near the cooking range)

[*]More items may become breakable in the near future

Patches and bug fixes:

• Zulrah can now be left-click attacked
  • Fixed hitpoints going down with brews and certain foods while wearing nex gear
  • Fixed an issue where being attacked with a barrage, at the same time of a safe logout, causes your player to stay online
  • "TO" private messages will now show up in the chatbox when the "private" filter is selected
  • Dharok items in the default loadouts have been changed (dharok's platelegs -> verac's plateskirt)
    • If your client has already loaded the default setups, you will not see this change
    • This will only apply for new players

RYAN WTF ARE YOU DOING...

Im just so suprised at how good this update is lol, like, ik theres not an insane amount of content, but, its just so perfectly thought out.

I'm so excited for that comp cape. Definitely giving me something else to do for a bit haha

Awesome, I absolutely love this one, can't wait to start working on the achievements tomorrow!

Good update other than you removing the only set of equipment that new players actually have a chance with. That's kind of screwed up tbh.

This is the beginning of the end :(

Awesome fucking update, Ryan!

Not sure how I feel about Zulrah being made slightly easier by being able to left click it, but the rest of the stuff is awesome!

Would it be possible for future Achievement Diary updates to give like a week period where they don't effect your cape eligibility though? I believe even on the live game when they added new skills or quests or w/e there was something like a month where comped players had time to get the new requirements without losing the ability to wear their cape. Being that it's a private server I think a week or something would be decent given how easy most stuff is. Not really necessary since it's probably not going to be too hard but just an idea

Would it be possible for future Achievement Diary updates to give like a week period where they don't effect your cape eligibility though? I believe even on the live game when they added new skills or quests or w/e there was something like a month where comped players had time to get the new requirements without losing the ability to wear their cape. Being that it's a private server I think a week or something would be decent given how easy most stuff is. Not really necessary since it's probably not going to be too hard but just an idea

That seems fair, I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Dam this looks sick need to get ingame and see what achievements are in detail,

Thanks Ryan

Holy fuckin' shit ryan. The vodka worked well!

Is it possible to make the Comp capes Customisable??? That'd be fucking dope lmao.