Sign in to follow this  
Kellatha

Hotspot buffs, Larran's Keys buffs, New Armor, and much more!

1.) PvP Hotspot Buffs:

• Revenant Cave Hotspot:
    • Currently adds a 10% chance to double revenant ether and artifacts
      • Add in a 10% chance to double totem piece drops from npc's(Demon Spawns, Revenants, Skotizo)
        • Possibly a 10% chance to double all non rares from all npc's inside
  • Mage Arena Hotspot:
    • +25% chance for battle mages to drop god cape shards
    • Boost both the damage of god spell accuracy in pvm and tokens gained while using and boost the other god spell pets inside the mage arena
      • Side note: Buff arcane demon on tokens per kill and boost the god spell pets to have the same perk.
        • Arcane Demon = +5 magic tokens per kill, +5% god spell accuracy
        • Unholy Hawk = +10 magic tokens per kill, +10% god spell accuracy
        • Divine Bird = +15 magic tokens per kill, +15% god spell accuracy
          • At this point you can already one shot mages, so I figured accuracy would be a better perk
    • 10% chance to double imbued god cape drops
      • This chance is always 100% from imbued battle mages but with the hotspot you'll have a 10% chance to receive an extra one
    • Could also give a +10% drop rate bonus/double drop chance at bork
  • ***NEW*** Frost & Lava Dragon Hotspot:
    • +10% drop rate bonus when killing frost or lava dragons
    • +25% bm drops when killing frost or lava dragons
    • +50% bm from players when killing them at frost or lava dragons
  • Wildywyrm Hotspot:
    • x2 chance for Bloodwyrm to spawn
    • Bloodwyrm scrolls activated during wildywyrm hotspot have a 15% chance of not getting consumed

2.) Larran's Keys Buffs:

• Add in amethyst arrows, dragon knives and dragonstone bolts as a common reward 10-25 bolts
    • 10-25 Amethyst Arrows
    • 10-25 Dragonstone Dragon Bolts
    • 10-25 Sapphire Dragon Bolts
    • 10-20 Dragon Knives
  • Add in Cerberus Boots(Primordials, Pegasian, Eternal) boots in the uncommon rewards
    • 1-3 Primordial Boots
    • 1-3 Pegasian Boots
    • 1-3 Eternal Boots
    • 2 of each boot
  • Add in Dominion Tower gloves(Goaliath, Spellcasters, Swift) gloves in the rare rewards
    • 1-2 Goliath Gloves
    • 1-2 Spellcaster Gloves
    • 1-2 Swift Gloves
    • 1 of each glove
  • Remove dead content godswords(Zamorak, Saradomin, Bandos)

3.) NPC Drop Table Adjustment:

• Remove Dragon Javelins from the DG drop table
    • Replace with 5-10 dragonstone dragon bolt drops
    • Replace with 5-10 sapphire dragon bolt drops
  • Remove 100 Blood Money bag from Demon Spawns
    • Replace with x100 Blood Money drop so that it stacks with blood orbs

4.) Risk vs Reward Buffs:

• Using a Avarice Amulet in the Revenant cave should double the following drops:
    • Note the following for double drops from Lava/Frost Dragons:
      • TokHaar-Kal's
      • Dagganoth Rings(Berserker, Archers, Seers)
      • Point Mystery Boxes
      • Flameburst Defenders
    • Note the following for double drops from Lava Giants:
      • Chaotic Mystery Boxes
      • Special Restore potions
    • Note the following for double drops from Lava Demons:
      • Point Mystery Boxes
    • Note the following for double drops from Cave Revenants:
      • Bracelet of Etherum(u)
    • Avarice(i) will still double any and all drops, but regular Avarice amulet only doubles noted items.
  • Superior Blood Revenants:
    • Boost spawn rates based on blood orb risked when killing blood revenants:
      • Base Spawn Rate = 1/100 chance to spawn superior blood revenants
      • Using a lesser blood orb = 1/90 chance to spawn superior blood revenants
      • Using a greater blood orb = 1/85 chance to spawn superior blood revenants
      • Using a master blood orb = 1/70 chance to spawn superior blood revenants
      • Using a cursed blood orb = 1/50 chance to spawn superior blood revenants

5. More Armor Variety: Feels like every new armor is made for melee in mind and completely disregarding range/mage, and in the event we do get mage armor it's just plastered with zuriels stats. Currently we have like 5 mage armors that mimic zuriels stats which needs to stop.

• Crestbearer Armor:
    • Add in a ranged version: Crestbearer Cowl, Leatherbody, Leatherchaps
    • Add in a mage version: Crestbearer Hood, Robe top, Robe bottoms
      • The possibility of having this armor a "transformable" armor is not a bad idea. Being able to right click crestbearer and edit it to the style you wish to use like Melee/Range/Mage if you own a set.
  • Cursed Obsidian:
    • Add in a range armor set that also has smite boosting properties
      • With range strength since accuracy does nothing
        • Could be as simple as making kharazi into "cursed kharazi"
    • Add in a mage armor set that also has smite boosting properties
      • Please don't let it mimic zuriel's stats
        • Please don't throw it into the BH mystery crate
  • Damage Soak Armor: We currently have a lot of damage soak armor but it's all for melee, where's the love for range or mage?
    • Justiciar Armor gives 2.5% damage soak per piece
    • Tectonic Armor gives 2.5% damage soak per piece(Hybrid of torva and justiciar making both of them obsolete to tectonic armor)
      • Make Range/Mage armor that also has damage soak per piece since pernix and virtus only see action in raids and literally no where else.
      • New Range Damage soak armor?
        • Hydra coif, leatherbody and leatherchaps. Drops from blood hydra, hybrid of kharazi and pernix
        • Not autokeep
      • New Mage damage soak armor?
        • Bork hood, robe top, robe bottoms. Drops from bork, hybrid of ancestral and virtus
        • Not autokeep

6.) AFK-Guard Appearances: Nerf the times he appears based on the players activities. 

• Should not appear when attacking max hit dummies
  • Should appear less when a player is using a non yoshi variant pet when pvming
    • Example: Kellatha using a fortune genie should see less AFK guards
  • Should appear more when a player is using a yoshi variant pet when pvming
    • Example: Kellatha using a Viridescent fairy should see more AFK guards
  • GP boosting activities where the afk guard was implemented for such as thieving should see more AFK guards than pvming in donator zones(vip+).
    • As intended as this was what the AFK guard was made for.
    • Example: Kellatha has gotten 3 afk guards in 20 minutes thieving at elite zone compared to only getting 1 in 20 minutes killing frost dragons at vip zone.
  • Should appear more often in instanced zones like Abyssal Sire and Zulrah, but less in spawn orb zones VIP+
    • As intended as this was what the AFK guard was made for.
    • Example: Kellatha has gotten 3 afk guards in 20 minutes trying to kill abyssal sire compared to only getting 1 in 20 minutes killing frost dragons at vip zone.

7.) Cape Slot Balancing: We need to address how so many capes have 10% drop rate bonus and there is little to no incentive for using them. Like people using an infernal cape while ranging/maging instead of getting a ava's assembler which is better but there is 0% incentive to get the appropriate cape.

• Infernal Cape:
    • Current: +10% DRB +12 str bonus
    • New: +1 to max hit
      • Like ferocious gloves, blood serp
  • Ava's Assembler:
    • Current: +10% DRB, +7 range str bonus
    • New: Boost swift glove damage in pvm, second shot deals 100% damage
      • Like old swift gloves where your second shot with a bow dealt the same damage as the first(only in pvm)
  • Bounty Max Cape:
    • Current: +10% DRB, +10 str bonus
    • New: Nerf to 5% DRB but compensate with +5% double drop chance
  • Elemental Completionist Cape:
    • Current: +10% DRB, +11 str bonus
    • New: Match stats of the cape of your choice(Like Slaughter cape)
  • Grand Completionist Cape:
    • Current: +10% DRB, +11 str bonus(12 if you own infernal)
    • No need for a buff since it's a ele comp cape+infernal cape put together.

8.) Repair Fee balancing: Reduce fee for edgeville but make it higher the deeper the wilderness level.

• Repairing gear outside of the wilderness should be free
  • Reduce repair fee by 50% at edgeville
  • Increase repair fee by 10% for every 10 levels of the wilderness.
    • Pay an extra 10% when dying at level 11 wilderness
    • Pay an extra 20% when dying at level 21 wilderness
    • Pay an extra 30% when dying at level 31 wilderness
    • Pay an extra 40% when dying at level 41 wilderness
    • Pay an extra 50% when dying at level 51 wilderness

This should address players problems with people using OP autokeep gear when deep wilderness pking with no risk.

9.) Teleport Cooldowns: Introduce cooldowns for teleports so people can't abuse them

• People who "Suicide" and keep going back to the same teleport will have the same teleport on cooldown for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
    • Dying at BC will result in a 1 minute and 30 second teleport cooldown from using the same teleport.
      • A way around this is using a different teleport and walking to the previously used teleport. More deaths after the initial cooldown in the same area will result in the teleport cooldown doubling.
  • Upon teleporting to new places(via spellbook) there will be a 15 second cooldown where you can't cast the teleblock spell
    • BH scrolls, wilderness obelisks, wilderness cape,etc. Teleportation will not be limited.

QoL:

• Superior Blood Revenants should only be attackable for the person who spawns it, like Arcane Demon at the Mage Arena. Once the player leaves/dies in the area the superior blood revenant that was summoned for that person could be attacked by someone else
  • Blood orbs inside a looting bag should work since the blood orb is still risked on death. Stuffed inside to make room for a +1 in inventory which could mean a big difference like dying or killing someone.
  • Fix Brackish Blade special attack
  • Boost the accuracy on Elemental Mace
  • Buff SoL/SoB so they don't match stats and spec as tsotd
Edited by Kellatha
  • Like 2

Bitch I know you didn't just make this whole post in black text with a black background. Fix that shit or it ain't getting read. 

Edit: Default forum view is for plebs before you even say it

Edited by Ian

K finished reading, firstly fuck you for making me change the forum view.

1. I'm 50/50 because more PvMers in the hotspots = more PvPers to kill them. However, I feel the incentive of a PvP hotspot is for players to fight one another as opposed to PvPers farming the PvMers. Perhaps the deep wilderness hotspots should have different boosts for people SKULLED, and more player-killing based rewards. Additionally, so many of the hotspots are dead content such as blood hydra. The hotspots should have a far higher chance to end up in proper PK worthy spots including: ***Edgville, **Rogues, *Barrelchest, *Revs (* = higher priority)

2. Whatever larran's keep getting changed around personally I don't care but it would be nice to see more PK activity there

3. +1

4. +1

5. +1 for crestbearer variations (the armor itself should NOT be able to convert, if you want the new set you need the new pieces)

+1 for different cursed armor variants

-1 I personally hate damage soaking gear. Shit can suck my nut

6. Don't care I never get the guard on me

7. Don't nerf the bounty max cape it's already hard enough for us broke nigga's to get a decent DR above 50% without costing trills, fuck that

8. Huge +1 HOWEVER, I still think certain auto-keeps should have their repair fees scaled more accurately to their cost. For instance, cursed obsidian is a fairly low tier auto keep and should cost a ton to repair. But OP items especially enchanted gloves, ethereal weapons, infernal cape, etc... should remain a decent cost - If I kill someone in that shit it's nice to get a decent cash drop

9. +1 to teleport cool downs after death, fuck suiciding pakis

-1 to a TB cool down

Edited by Ian

3 hours ago, Ian said:

7. Don't nerf the bounty max cape it's already hard enough for us broke nigga's to get a decent DR above 50% without costing trills, fuck that

8. Huge +1 HOWEVER, I still think certain auto-keeps should have their repair fees scaled more accurately to their cost. For instance, cursed obsidian is a fairly low tier auto keep and should cost a ton to repair. But OP items especially enchanted gloves, ethereal weapons, infernal cape, etc... should remain a decent cost - If I kill someone in that shit it's nice to get a decent cash drop

7. A 50b cape should not match the same drop rate bonus of a 1.5t cape(infernal cape). Even ava's assembler that's like 600b has 10% and that's a reasonable drop rate bonus for it's price but 50b for 10% which is max drop rate bonus in it's slot? Nerf pls.

But tbh, it doesn't need a nerf, but buff the rest of the capes to have more.

8. Oof I agree here then. Then we could add in more armor repair scrolls and classify them by tier to repair more the more OP items over the lesser tier untradables.

2 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

But tbh, it doesn't need a nerf, but buff the rest of the capes to have more.

Lol yeah buff 90% DR hot take

On 9/17/2019 at 6:49 PM, Kellatha said:

7. A 50b cape should not match the same drop rate bonus of a 1.5t cape(infernal cape). Even ava's assembler that's like 600b has 10% and that's a reasonable drop rate bonus for it's price but 50b for 10% which is max drop rate bonus in it's slot? Nerf pls.

The max bounty cape has far worse stats than infernal cape so -1 on the nerf

Revenant Cave Hotspot:

• Some form of buff is needed as revenants has officially died since the 1/10ks got removed from the drop table, despite the actual average GP/HR being the same. +1

Mage Arena Hotspot:

• I agree this hotspot is pretty miniscule in the scheme of things and i'd agree on a buff maybe just straight up double tokens while hotspot is active but anything is better than nothing. I also really like the 10% chance at double imbued capes so +1

Frost & Lave Dragon Hotspot:

• Too many hotspots especially in pretty minor content areas will reduce the chance that the desired hotspots actually come around so -1 

Wildywyrm Hotspot:

• Bloodwyrm in general kind of haves a small even in this area covered. Also read above -1

Larran's Key Buffs:

• Bolts/ Arrows- I'm completely fine with this +1
  • Cerberus Boots- Maybe just dragon boots (or) or something not Cerberus boots -1
  • Dominion Tower gloves- Again this isn't necessary -1
  • Remove Godswords- I kind of like the variety and ease of getting the lesser used Godswords and each of them have a place in terms of usefulness. -1

NPC Drop Table Adjustments:

• Removal of Dragon Javelins from DG- Maybe an increased amount per kill or make it an always drop but removing and especially replacing with the dragon bolts is a no no in my eyes. -1
  • Remove 100 blood money bag from DS- Can't see an issue the orb should be useful at DS +1

Risk vs Reward Buffs:

• The Amulet of Avarice has practically never been used due to its price and the risk it adds any buff that can be applied to it is a necessity in my eyes, doubling common drops is a okay buff but I was thinking maybe not only this but it could also work outside of the Revenant Caves? +1 as it stands but maybe more buffs are needed.
  • The Superior revs spawn rate based on orb risk is a GREAT idea Imo +1

More Armour Variants:

• Crestbearer Armour Variants: In terms of this making Kharazi and Ancestral completely obsolete in PvM it would get a -1 from me.

• Cursed Armour Variants- If you're implying autokept mage and range gear then it'd get a PHAT -1 from me. However if you are implying smite armours for mage and range that would be risked on death then I have personally no issue. Although melee will still rain supreme when it comes to smiting someone due to the massive explosive smite damage dealt vs the tic smite damage dealt with range and mage soo kind of pointless but sure. 

• Damage Soak Armours- I actually really like the idea of Hydra dropping BIS range gear as the fact currently BIS range gear is easy to obtain and relatively cheap as far as it giving %dmg reduction I don't feel like this is necessary as melee armour is meant to be tank armour. Similar issue to the Hydra range gear a set of "Tanky" robes really isn't necessary and dropping from bork simply makes 0 sense but whatever not gonna get too caught up on that. +1 on Hydra Leather armour, -1 On bork robes.

AFK-Guard Appearances:

• This whole section seems like a demand because I presume you keep getting hassled by AFK guards at your donator zone. Donator zones are meant for afk the specific thing these guards are set up for. This makes using a macro to kill the spawnable bosses a less than beneficial method of making money. Should appear more in instanced zones? Where the least AFK bosses in game are? Good one. Biggest -1 on the whole thread.

Cape Slot Balancing:

• Infernal Cape- Sure why not a buff to this cape would be nice. +1
  • Ava's Assembler- A buff to this isn't necessary IMO its strong as hell as is. -1
  • Bounty Max Cape- The DRB on this cape is an issue and this seems like a decent way to nerf it while buffing it to the point of still being usable. +1
  • Elemental Comp Cape- No need for buff when you now get Grand Comp. -1
  • Grand Comp Cape- Should actually be able to match the stats and effect of 3 capes of your choice that can be interchanged in wilderness through similar means as spell book swap on the Enchanted God Cape.

Repair Fee Balancing: 

• 0 Repair fees outside of wilderness and 50% reduction of repair cost in Edgeville is dumb -1, However I LOVE the idea of the risk of using untradeables goes up and up deeper wilderness you go so +1 just that. However this does give the possibility of getting 2147m + cash so bags would would need to be dropped somehow.

Teleport Cooldowns:

• The whole cooldown thing I would agree should be necessary but 1m 30s seems a little bit like overkill, perhaps more in the realm of 20 seconds or even 15 seconds. +1
  • A timer between Teleing into a place and Teleblocking someone is just dumb as hell as that legit makes Pvmers/ Pkers in risk with an alien invulnerable -1 AF

Qol:

• Superior Blood Rev- Whats the point in the yell message then? -1
  • Blood orbs in Looting bag- Already asked about blood money too so +1
  • Brackish Blade- Can't really -1 this lol. +1
  • Boost the accuracy of elemental mace- Never tried so can't confirm this as an issue.
  • Buff SoL/ SoB- They're cosmetic variants and thats how it should stay. -1

1 hour ago, lzerraptorz said:

More Armour Variants:

• Crestbearer Armour Variants: In terms of this making Kharazi and Ancestral completely obsolete in PvM it would get a -1 from me.
  • Cursed Armour Variants- If you're implying autokept mage and range gear then it'd get a PHAT -1 from me. However if you are implying smite armours for mage and range that would be risked on death then I have personally no issue. Although melee will still rain supreme when it comes to smiting someone due to the massive explosive smite damage dealt vs the tic smite damage dealt with range and mage soo kind of pointless but sure. 

AFK-Guard Appearances:

• This whole section seems like a demand because I presume you keep getting hassled by AFK guards at your donator zone. Donator zones are meant for afk the specific thing these guards are set up for. This makes using a macro to kill the spawnable bosses a less than beneficial method of making money. Should appear more in instanced zones? Where the least AFK bosses in game are? Good one. Biggest -1 on the whole thread.
  • Grand Comp Cape- Should actually be able to match the stats and effect of 3 capes of your choice that can be interchanged in wilderness through similar means as spell book swap on the Enchanted God Cape.

Repair Fee Balancing: 

• 0 Repair fees outside of wilderness and 50% reduction of repair cost in Edgeville is dumb -1, However I LOVE the idea of the risk of using untradeables goes up and up deeper wilderness you go so +1 just that. However this does give the possibility of getting 2147m + cash so bags would would need to be dropped somehow.

1a.) I don't feel like it'll make the lesser armors obsolete. It's already in play atm with vesta/torva/justiciar/tectonic where they have still held their wealth in pvm. Keep in mind crestbearer is obviously for the reach and harder to obtain than the lesser armors like pernix and kharazi. Tectonic didn't make torva/justiciar obsolete as they still hold their own price tag, and similar prices at that. Kind of hard to compare the two since kharazi is a pvm armor set and pernix could swing either or, but like all future content that is better than previous content can't be shelfed on the basis of "could make previous content obsolete"

1b.) While it would be nice to have it autokeep I don't think it really needs to be as regular obisidian armor is 200m a piece, often lower. Ranged and maged versions will eventually reach the same price, although a autokeep version being made of them down the road shouldn't be immediately disregarded. There are certain setups IMO that outsmite melee over time and keep the pressure far above melee could. What sucks is we don't have any epic pets oriented around smiting and mage, but i've sent those Ryan's way so maybe we can find common ground in the future regarding smiting power for the different combat styles.

2a.) Yeah i'm just slapped with afk guards when I shouldn't be getting any to begin with. Other players have ruined the experience for the complete majority of the playerbase with how they play. Casey for example has limited the healing in high tier donator zones due to his infamous "::nurse" mistakes he makes 24-7. In turn, ruining the experience for me and plenty of other high tier donators. If I could get my own zone without limitations that would be great 🤷🏻‍♀️ To me, I wish I could just get a zone with no timer on the heal orb as I don't and never have used a autotyper with ::nurse, and a infinite monster spawner with a match captcha every 5 spawns to spawn infinitely as I never afk. As someone who uses a fortune genie almost all the time to PvM, you can understand my frustations as someone that's lumped into the "afk pvmer" category that everyone seems to be stereotypical with as soon as they see a high tier donator.

AFK guard was intended for macro users not in donator zones as they were never a significant problem. I won't go much into detail, but that's not what the AFK guard was designed to capture as you seem to think. While we developed him on SPK to catch advanced macro users or simple botters they weren't for people who afk in donator zones as people who bot vip+ zones are close to nonexistent. The lesse dzones are self repairable if the issue ever arrives, as i'm sure you've seen people say "kellatha is botting at cerb" and a staff member swiftly responds.

2b.) Interesting point here, basically a enchanted completionist cape that works via changing forms like a enchanted yoshi switching between its forms. Massive +1 here and never saw it like that. I'll run it by @Ryan, +1 @lzerraptorz!

3.) Most of the negative feedback coming from the community regarding autokeeps is no risk in the deep wilderness, which this would address. Edgeville doesn't exactly fit into the deep wildy bill as it really doesn't matter if you risk at edge or not. Regarding repair fee outside of the wilderness is fine, if we don't die and lose our stuff we shouldn't have to repair to fix it.

Would you prefer there be a scaling repair fee discount based on donator rank instead? :P 

Hi @Kellatha

I appreciate you taking your time in making this suggestion. 

It seems that this is getting a lot of support and could be useful for our developers. 

I will be forwarding this to Ryan and Nate and hopefully they can put this into use in some way. 

Thank you for your suggestion and enjoy playing! 

Thank you for all the feedback!

1.) PvP Hotspot Buffs
I support most of these, and there are definitely things such as hostpots that I agree could use some TLC.
I do think we should first focus on vitalizing the existing hotspots before adding new ones first.

2.) Larran's Keys Buffs:
Don't see much harm in adding some of these, although I slightly oppose removing the godswords etc. as they are meant to be fillers.

3.) NPC Drop Table Adjustment:
+1. After pheno's latest video it's allowed me to realize DGs could use better common drops (wilderness only).
I don't see too much reason to removing dragon javelins, though.

4.) Risk vs Reward Buffs:
The more risk reward benefit, the more our wilderness content will be brought to life. +1 on a majority of these.

5.) More armor variety:
Before adding crestbearer mage variants (or just generally a BiS mage set) there are just a few things I'd need to tweak to ensure balance. For example, a damage boosting mage set may allow you to rock a pretty OP soulsplit + blood barrage combo in PvM that can grant near invulnerability. Things like this would need to be capped for PvM first.

For cursed obsidian range/mage variants I support the idea just as long as they're actually riskable. We have a large selection of autokeep PvP items already and at this point I'd rather not increase it with new armor sets.

6.) AFK-Guard Appearances:
To me some of this is a bit of a mix bag. I can understand & support some of them such as:
- Max hit dummies
- Increasing appearence when using a yoshi pet
- Generally reducing appearences when doing something that is not afkable

7.) Cape Slot Balancing:
Certain buffs I don't fully support or would need more time to consider, but for the most part I think this is a fair point.

Should actually be able to match the stats and effect of 3 capes of your choice that can be interchanged in wilderness through similar means as spell book swap on the Enchanted God Cape.

I do like this idea

8.) Repair Fee balancing:
I can understand why you mentioned reducing the fees elsewhere, as it would compensate for higher deep wild costs, but this is another thing I'd need more time to consider rather than force a snap decision. Repair fees are quite a sensitive topic and we worked pretty hard to coordinate the costs in a way that would reduce the oversaturation of them in the wilderness.

9.) Teleport Cooldowns: 
While this may not fully eradicate suiciding, because in certain scenarios alt teleports or tele commands will land you somewhere relatively close to where you died. I do however think it won't hurt to add something like this. The teleblock aspect I'm skeptical about and may be a bit overkill with the aforementioned cooldowns in place.

QoLs:
I support majority of these, although the superior blood revenants was technically a design choice.