Sign in to follow this  
Steve Unit

+++++++FIX THE DEAD CLICKS+++++++++++

THIS has been an ongoing issue for everyone who uses magic in wilderness, there are dead spots on the screen when you click lets say, entangle, then try to click the person whos on your screen it does nothing literally still says "Cast entangle on..". this is super frustrating and even infuriating when you lose big risk or clutch freezes due to some glitch that's been in the game and causing issues ever since full screen was added. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE look into this. @Phenomenon@Ryan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Unit said:

THIS has been an ongoing issue for everyone who uses magic in wilderness, there are dead spots on the screen when you click lets say, entangle, then try to click the person whos on your screen it does nothing literally still says "Cast entangle on..". this is super frustrating and even infuriating when you lose big risk or clutch freezes due to some glitch that's been in the game and causing issues ever since full screen was added. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE look into this. @Phenomenon@Ryan

+1 +1 +1 +1 

Fix ya fuckin' game

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately it's been a difficult bug for us to get to the bottom of.

The process of fixing bugs involves "recreating" it, where I'll force it to happen on my client during development. This allows me to troubleshoot, find, and address the cause. With dead clicks there hasn't been a known instance or pattern where it occurs, and is more of a random/intermittent case.

Nonetheless we'll still continue to investigate it. Thank you.

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

The process of fixing bugs involves "recreating" it, where I'll force it to happen on my client during development. This allows me to troubleshoot, find, and address the cause. With dead clicks there hasn't been a known instance or pattern where it occurs, and is more of a random/intermittent case.

It's been happening more often lately, I will try to find something later that makes it consistent

On 8/29/2019 at 7:19 PM, Ryan said:

Here's your pattern: In resize mode it occurs more on the right side of the screen. If I move my screen view and position my opponent to the left of the screen it occurs less. 

Edited by Ian

20 hours ago, Ian said:

Here's your pattern: In resize mode it occurs more on the right side of the screen. If I move my screen view and position my opponent to the left of the screen it occurs less. 

Thank you for reporting this, I'll take note of this and work on a fix. I think this is a separate dead click bug though, as there are still players who play exclusively on "fixed mode" who also experience dead clicks. We've noticed the largest pattern for this is client instabilities (FPS drops, lag spikes, etc.)

I ran a simulation a long ago where I "forced" FPS dips to occur, and it produced the same effect I often see reported.

If you see here in this GIF, some item equips in my 4-way switch are dead clicks while my FPS drops:

5UbO7u4.gif

Our update earlier this summer (https://spawnpk.net/forums/index.php?/topic/19133-july-5th-2019-client-performance-fixes-qols-combat-fixes-bug-fixes-and-much-more/) was meant to address this issue, but it merely decreased the frequency of the FPS drops rather than fixing them all together. As a result, it's been back to the drawing board for us.

It's a delicate and complicated issue to figure out exactly where the flaw(s) are in the client that cause this lag, but we are working as hard as we can to get to the bottom of it. We'd also like to make sure this investigation doesn't cause too much delay for content updates & improvements, so time management/delegation has been another big part of this challenge.

Once solved, we believe it will not only improve the smoothness of gameplay, but also eradicate other side-effects caused by it (such as dead clicks)

I genuinely thank you all for your patience with us. Stay tuned.

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Thank you for reporting this, I'll take note of this and work on a fix. I think this is a separate dead click bug though, as there are still players who play exclusively on "fixed mode" who also experience dead clicks. We've noticed the largest pattern for this is client instabilities (FPS drops, lag spikes, etc.)

Okay unlike in the video when casting a spell from a spell book onto a player, teleblock for instance, your clicks don't press down at all. It's not like the click action is done and isn't registered, but rather as if the click itself didn't register at all and you still are left with the cast option on your cursor. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2019 at 4:19 AM, Ryan said:

From my experience, dead clicks usually tend to happen once you either zoom out and click far out on your client and or when using rezisable mode.

On 9/18/2019 at 9:29 PM, Ian said:

Okay unlike in the video when casting a spell from a spell book onto a player, teleblock for instance, your clicks don't press down at all. It's not like the click action is done and isn't registered, but rather as if the click itself didn't register at all and you still are left with the cast option on your cursor. 

+1