Lammie

Unfair staff advantage (updates).

General fairness of buying items.  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should regular staff members be able to know what is in the next update, before it becomes public?

• Yes, I don't see a problem with it.
    • No, it's unfair to normal players.

I've noticed recently that there are always staff members that buy out items that will rise when a new update will drop. This will either happen literally 10 seconds after the update drops on forums, or sometimes even minutes before the update is even posted on forums.

This should not happen. This is extremely unfair to regular players, and staff members (apart from administrators and developers ofcourse) should be kept out of the loop what's in the upcoming update.

Edited by Lammie

I voted yes. without even reading the whole thingy. Actually, you are right with this one, i didint see a  reason why they shouldnt know about the update, but when you mentioned, that they manipulate market, thats a big advantage to them.

25 minutes ago, Super Unicum said:

I voted yes. without even reading the whole thingy. Actually, you are right with this one, i didint see a  reason why they shouldnt know about the update, but when you mentioned, that they manipulate market, thats a big advantage to them.

The poll will probaly be rigged by staff, but this is a serious issue that needs to be adressed. Thanks for your input ;)

Edited by Lammie

1 hour ago, Lammie said:

The poll will probaly be rigged by staff,

This is by far the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Regarding staff members knowing what updates are coming and what's being added into the shop. Yes I agree it's unfair and it gives staff members an unfair advantage but honestly it doesn't happen. It looks like it does because some staff members just buy everything (take bowflexxx for example). And I don't know what it has been like in the past but for this update I can say with confidence that none of the staff members knew what would be added.

Ofcourse we know some of the bug fixes/item fixes that are going to be added into the game because we're the ones that forward the bugs/find them and test them out. But other than that we don't know what's going to be added into every single update. This has been a big discussion ever since the server has started and this isn't the first or the last time it'll be brought up, nonetheless there has been some insider trading in the past and staff has been chastised by both the community and Ryan.

39 minutes ago, goobymunch said:

This is by far the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Regarding staff members knowing what updates are coming and what's being added into the shop. Yes I agree it's unfair and it gives staff members an unfair advantage but honestly it doesn't happen. It looks like it does because some staff members just buy everything (take bowflexxx for example). And I don't know what it has been like in the past but for this update I can say with confidence that none of the staff members knew what would be added.

Ofcourse we know some of the bug fixes/item fixes that are going to be added into the game because we're the ones that forward the bugs/find them and test them out. But other than that we don't know what's going to be added into every single update. This has been a big discussion ever since the server has started and this isn't the first or the last time it'll be brought up, nonetheless there has been some insider trading in the past and staff has been chastised by both the community and Ryan.

Polls of mine have been rigged in the past. I know the staff team doesn't like me (and trust me, that feeling is mutual). Bunch of cowboys thinking you're the shit. Ryan should keep a leech on y'all.

And regarding ''Yes I agree it's unfair and it gives staff members an unfair advantage but honestly it doesn't happen.'' It does happen, and it still happens. Is it a coincidence that bowflexxx bought out Blood Phoenix pets minutes before the update drops? 

It happens every update, and not only me, but everyone with cash to burn is tired of being unable to buy the pets required for a pet fuse, because staff members have bought them up days or weeks before.

2 hours ago, Super Unicum said:

think you voted on the wrong one buddy

I think what is happening here is that the staff members are buying out the items the exact moment  the update thread is released to the public (Ryan yells it to the entire server).

• In the event that this is true, that's fair-play and staff members should not be obligated to wait until everyone else has seen the thread to purchase the items they wish.
  • On the flip side to the conspiracy that staff members might know about things coming out on the update and buying items before the update thread is being released, I do not believe this is the case. We have had this happen before with previous staff members (not our current team), and Ryan and I had a discussion about this and decided that we are going to keep the updates completely private - This statement also checks out with the fact that the Holy Phoenix Pet fusion was not discussed even once amongst the staff team in the staff chat (however, I knew about it being the next pet fusion as I'm the one that suggested it to Ryan so players who need the pet fuser achievement can get it since the mystic JAD was too rare to find).
  • And of course, you'll find no foul-play from me in the trading post history regarding items that came out on the recent update.

Furthermore ...

4 minutes ago, Lammie said:

I know the staff team doesn't like me (and trust me, that feeling is mutual).

I've had quite a few interactions with you in the past (whether that be hide & seeks / events / giveaway winner claims), and I must say I don't have any ill feelings towards you at all, I actually think you're a decent guy so i'm sorry you feel that way and hopefully you at least have a change of heart about this after this thread.

REGARDLESS of all the points made above, and the fact that we try our best to prohibit insider-trading, I'm going to take your (and anyone else that votes on this poll) opinions seriously and speak to Ryan regarding this and take a look at the logs to determine if anything inappropriate was done.

Hope this clears things up,

Phenomenon

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lammie said:

Polls of mine have been rigged in the past. I know the staff team doesn't like me (and trust me, that feeling is mutual). Bunch of cowboys thinking you're the shit. Ryan should keep a leech on y'all.

I would like to see these "Rigged polls" and I'd advise you not to make any allegations without proper proof and explanation.

4 minutes ago, Lammie said:

And regarding ''Yes I agree it's unfair and it gives staff members an unfair advantage but honestly it doesn't happen.'' It does happen, and it still happens. Is it a coincidence that bowflexxx bought out Blood Phoenix pets minutes before the update drops? 

It happens every update, and not only me, but everyone with cash to burn is tired of being unable to buy the pets required for a pet fuse, because staff members have bought them up days or weeks before.

If you spent as much time in making this topic you would see that Bowflexxx bought the blood phoenixes 10 hours ago, the update hit on 7:38 GMT+1 it is now 5:38 GMT+1, if we go back exactly 10 hours this would land at exactly at the same time which means he bought the blood phoenix in the 1-3 minute intermission before the update actually hit.

• Thanks 1

Bow's known for camping the forums and he actually refreshes the page every 1-3 minutes, especially on update night. He's got a quick finger and has done it for plenty of updates, nothing new and nothing wrong with that. Some staff members also are not that active on discord which makes the pool of "insider trading" much smaller than it seems.

• Thanks 1

You can literally check when Bow bought the pets and at that time it was PUBLIC for everyone to see. He is a merch god and was quick as Kellatha said above, there is no foul play here at all anyone could have done it.

• Thanks 1

I voted no because insider trading should be prevented. However, on this occasion it seems Bowflexxx hasn’t done anything wrong and we should give him the benefit of the doubt. He seemingly bought these items only after the update.

• Thanks 1

I suppose i should refrain from buying anything in the trading post on/around updates because ABOOSE.

As stated above, Ryan made a public announcement (in game by the way, fair play to all that were playing) and as he made the announcement i typed the corresponding ::topic and bought out what i saw had potential for profit. Coincidentally, this update there was a typo and i bought out all spec pets, and not prayer spirit pets resulting in me potentially overpaying for things i didn't need. 

Also stated above, i buy just about everything that has potential to merch. Most of these things are the result of weeks, if not months of me purchasing certain items in game. On the topic of pets... Take a look. 

a2adebd1c3f1e71e01c384b001134832.png

You and i both know i cant just buy this amount THE DAY OF UPDATE RELEASE. I simply preemptively prepare for these things, and on day of update i refresh forums page every few mins to get a jump on timing for when Ryan will announce the update.

As for the poll... I did vote "no" because i also agree that IF staff members were given information regarding updates and used it to their advantage that would be extremely unfair. If you do have feelings that staff is "abusing" powers in this sense feel free to report it, and im sure that if they are "abusing" they will be reprimanded.

• Like 1