Sign in to follow this  
G0d M0de

RAGGING Another way to look at it.

I'VE noticed a real issue with this as of lately. A lot of people are been ragged and getting ragged. Even paid to rag. I've seen people lose high risk to people demand it back then rag because the other person didn't give the rightfully earned pk back.  I've seen people targ known wealthy players ragging them and demanding they pay them or they will never stop. Does any of these make any logical sense? You decide. 

Whats the point in this? The real way to figure out these issues is to have a fair fight. Not waste each others time. This type of behavior imo is toxic and shows new players a terrible first face to spawnpk.  Honestly the fact that its allow in edgeville is extremely unfortunate.

One of my main points to this entire thing is that I've recently been chasing the blood crown. During the last 3 weeks I've noticed as soon as I get to 3rd rank or even on the board I get ragged. Its to my surprise that people have been paying other people in order to rag me and slow my kills down so I will not win the blood crown. This is not the true spirit of true Player VS Player rankings. Ive been forced to log out due to this toxic behavior. I play the game often what do you think someone new would do.. they might never play again. And that looses the server potential money. Money that can fund updates and promote growth.  

I believe edgeville should be added to the no rag zone. Please change my mind below or make any logical comments/ suggestions. I would greatly appreciate it. 

They should make a command, that would allow you to add up to 3-5 players into it. Which wont be able to interact with you in wilderness. Thats the only way, im ragging 2 kids myself right now. But these cunts are worth it, they cant even 2v1 rag properly, specing tping out.

Ive been in your situation before, when i was top1 on pker board, and 1 nolifing kid (used to play spk 18 hours per day) hired 2 dogs to rag me, so he could get that top1 xD

SPK used to allow ragging everywhere, now it's basically illegal everywhere besides edgeville. IMO, it should be the other way around with edgeville illegal and everywhere else legal.

Keep in mind it's SPK(Spawn PK) and ragging is a PK style. It's been mentioned a hundred times before and it'll be brought back up another hundred but making a certain pk style illegal would do more harm than good. That same logic can apply to other PK styles like rushing which is another style people also complain about. Doesn't matter if it's skill based or if you aren't particularly aligned with that PK style but SPK has always sported freedom for PKing in whatever style you wish.

• Veng PK
    • Max 126
    • Risk Fight
  • Pure PK
    • F2P
    • Zerker
  • Hybrid PK
  • NH PK
  • Rush PK
  • Rag PK
    • NS

As it is you can't really balance this in anyway without hurting any side or being biased to the community. Outlawing ragging but letting rushing be fine, or vise versa. There's plenty of pro's and con's to any side but at the end of the day the end result is the same.

9 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

SPK used to allow ragging everywhere, now it's basically illegal everywhere besides edgeville. IMO, it should be the other way around with edgeville illegal and everywhere else legal.

Keep in mind it's SPK(Spawn PK) and ragging is a PK style. It's been mentioned a hundred times before and it'll be brought back up another hundred but making a certain pk style illegal would do more harm than good. That same logic can apply to other PK styles like rushing which is another style people also complain about. Doesn't matter if it's skill based or if you aren't particularly aligned with that PK style but SPK has always sported freedom for PKing in whatever style you wish.

• Veng PK
    • Max 126
    • Risk Fight
  • Pure PK
    • F2P
    • Zerker
  • Hybrid PK
  • NH PK
  • Rush PK
  • Rag PK
    • NS

As it is you can't really balance this in anyway without hurting any side or being biased to the community. Outlawing ragging but letting rushing be fine, or vise versa. There's plenty of pro's and con's to any side but at the end of the day the end result is the same.

How is ragging a pk style? There's absolutely no skill required besides the time wasted.

You can go out in any gear (BIS, spawns, naked) and still rag.

It's not a pk style; it's a part of pking.

Edited by Qotz

19 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

• Veng PK
    • Max 126
    • Risk Fight
  • Pure PK
    • F2P
    • Zerker
  • Hybrid PK
  • NH PK
  • Rush PK
  • Rag PK
    • NS

Then Id say take out the blood crown(and bond rewards) if people can unfairly win it. then Im fine with whatever if they take away the crown and rewards. Have another way to fairly give out rewards without people paying others to effect the outcome. 

4 hours ago, G0d M0de said:

Then Id say take out the blood crown(and bond rewards) if people can unfairly win it. then Im fine with whatever if they take away the crown and rewards. Have another way to fairly give out rewards without people paying others to effect the outcome. 

Bond rewards for being in the top 3 pkers wasn't always a thing but ragging has. It's no different than a group of raggers working together to get that prize than let's say a group of people teaming up to do raids. As negative as it may seem that way of making money via top pker bonds will always be very devious and and certainly not a pleasant one.

The bond rewards itself shouldn't need to exist and if it's being manipulated by a CC, then that's tough luck honestly. That is certainly nothing new to SPK as cc's have always dominated in exclusive events especially those with zone requirements.

Edited by Kellatha

I must counter that I don’t think you can consider tagging a PK (Player-Killing) style because the aim of tagging/NS is to waste time and NOT to get a kill in the wilderness. The main aim (this is the phrase raggers often use) is to ensure that the player ‘won’t pk again’. Therefore, even the ragger is admitting here that ragging is not a PK style.

12 hours ago, Kellatha said:

I totally agree - ragging would be better off everywhere but edgeville (newer players whose first introduction to the server is ragging are probably put off).

On 6/25/2019 at 5:52 AM, Jimm0 said:

I must counter that I don’t think you can consider tagging a PK (Player-Killing) style because the aim of tagging/NS is to waste time and NOT to get a kill in the wilderness. The main aim (this is the phrase raggers often use) is to ensure that the player ‘won’t pk again’. Therefore, even the ragger is admitting here that ragging is not a PK style.

This is true. 

Where the sole purpose of "ragging" is to prevent someone else from pking as opposed to getting a kill, it is hard to imagine it is a 'pk style' since 'pking' involves actual killing - which ragging rarely ever achieves. 

Rushing on the other hand, is done with intention to land a kill, and often times does result in landing a kill. 

This doesn't imply a suggestion to do anything, I am still in support of freedom for players. However, a pk blacklist for edgeville would be a plausible solution.

Edited by x2wo

1 hour ago, x2wo said:

This is true. 

Where the sole purpose of "ragging" is to prevent someone else from pking as opposed to getting a kill, it is hard to imagine it is a 'pk style' since 'pking' involves actual killing - which ragging rarely ever achieves. 

Rushing on the other hand, is done with intention to land a kill, and often times does result in landing a kill. 

This doesn't imply a suggestion to do anything, I am still in support of freedom for players. However, a pk blacklist for edgeville would be a plausible solution.

Hi mate. I think since this post was last commented on there has been a new rule in place that makes ragging against the rules (although I can't remember if this is only in Edgeville or elsewhere in the wild too), therefore I don't think a blacklist command is really necessary at the moment

1 minute ago, Jimm0 said:

Hi mate. I think since this post was last commented on there has been a new rule in place that makes ragging against the rules (although I can't remember if this is only in Edgeville or elsewhere in the wild too), therefore I don't think a blacklist command is really necessary at the moment

Oh wow didn't realize how long ago this thread was made. Funny enough though, I think I've read a few opinions that staff dont do much to enforce it, especially since evidence is required, making dealing with raggers entirely annoying and time-consuming. Perhaps, a black-list is more relevant than ever seeing it would replace the need for any formal complaint and ruling process. 

Edited by x2wo