Sign in to follow this  
M

Staff Review + Feedback

I've recently had a lot of interaction with the staff team and generally overall, since I've been playing this game. I'll be providing a review for each staff member and some tips on how it could be improved. Please don't take anything I say personally, I'm just trying to provide constructive criticism for the good of this server, as I honestly fell in love with this server and I really wish for it to prosper and reach new heights.

img.png.473883a25dfc1f7ffc7856821b2de09aOwner(s)

From what I've seen, you clearly do care about the server; however, you seem like a very busy guy and therefore I believe it would be useful if you should provide certain staff members with more powers & decision making authority. You also seem to lack knowledge in regards to proper PvP mechanics, which is absolutely fine; you're a good coder and you have created the most balanced custom server there is at the moment. However, if you were to hire a developer with more knowledge in regards to PvP mechanics, he could work with Tevin and they could make this server into a much more PvP orientated server and attract a lot more PKers. I've seen some community interaction from you but honestly not that much, however; this is understandable as you are very busy and you seem to be very respected for what you do.

Rating: 3/5

I cannot say much about you as I never see you and it seems to me that you are very inactive. Athough, I do not know what you do behind the scenes and perhaps you do a good job at keeping the staff team intact. Nevertheless, given your perceived inactivity and lack of community interaction I unfortunately cannot give you a very positive review. From my experience, as I was banned for a while, it takes quite a while for Tevin to get a response from you, which results in things not getting done in a timely fashion.

Rating: 2/5

yYgGN1A.pngAdministrator

Now this is definitely the best staff member I've ever come across on ANY RSPS and I've played a lot of them. You are literally the backbone of this server, firstly I'd like to say that you are a great youtuber that provides excellent content for this server, providing both PvM and PvP content in a unique and enjoyable way. You are very active and helpful while also being very interactive with the community. You know a large percentage of the active player base personally and know their personalities very well. You are not biased at all when it comes to deciding whether to ban or unban players but unfortunately it is sometimes quite difficult to reach the Owners as they are very busy and I believe you should be granted more decision making authority and access to more logs, while the Owners could review his actions rather than him having to report to them and then awaiting a response, this does not just go for appeals, but many things on the server as a whole.

You should be appreciated for everything you've done and be entrusted to take more decisisons without having to report them and await the Owner's approval. What I'd suggest is that you are given the right to take appropiate actions you see fit and have them logged, while Ryan and Ramzi could check these administrative logs and then they can decide whether they agree or not. If Tevin is unsure about something he could always ask them for their advice. However, after personally having dealt with Tevin in regards to my appeal, I've noticed he will go to extreme lengths to make sure the justified action is taken and he has a strong sense of serving justice. I hope the Owners see what I see in you and you have a very bright future, just hang in there and don't let life get the best of you.

Rating: 5/5

61CX8yC.pngSuper Moderator(s)

@michaelmyers

This is another great staff member; you are active, you are helpful and you definitely deserve to be a super moderator. You've personally MM'd many of my riskfights and offered to help me in situations where you weren't even obligated to. You also listen very well to your higher ups. However, I do believe you should also have your own opinion on matters and not just agree with everything another higher-up staff member tells you to do. Of course, the higher rank will have the final say, but who is to say that you cannot provide your own opinion? Regardless of that, you are a great staff member and clearly a very valuable asset to the team.

Rating: 4.5/5

@The aurora

You are inactive and I haven't seen much from you to judge you. However, when you are online you do seem quite helpful. I'm sure there must be a viable reason for your inactivity as you have not been demoted. However it would be nice to see more from you, for now I can't leave you much of a positive review.

Rating: 2.5/5

@Bowflexxx

Another great staff member, that is actively involved and helpful in the community. You're always there to make tickets for various issues for players, however it's just a shame that these tickets must pass through the Owner for approval and more fact checking, while they're inactive. I believe it would be much better if you guys were granted more decision making authority and log checking, while Tevin becomes the person that you guys go to for approval as he's much more active than the Owners.

Rating: 4.5/5

shvECEV.pngModerator(s)

@Ascendency

Leaving all personal issues aside, you are a good moderator but you can be very competitive when it comes to PvP which often leads to flaming/heated arguments. Regardless of that, you are helpful in game and very active. I'd say apart from your competitiveness when it comes to PvP, you make a good moderator. Nevertheless, we are all human and nobody is perfect and you definitely have some good qualities that you can provide to this staff team.

Rating: 4/5

ddg51sO.pngHelper

@Brutal

You've definitely earned your helper rank by now and it would be nice to see you promoted to moderator, you are helpful and you remind me a lot of Tevin. I remember when I dc'd in edge wild for my 1400 bags to SAO Godo, you were instructed by another moderator to not let the player refund me but you understood my point of view and offered to refund me from your own pocket, which I obviously declined. I've seen you help many players out in-game and you are also active on the forums while providing ticket-support in the help section and overall trying to help people as much as you can. 

Rating: 5/5

Finally, I'd like to suggest that this staff-team needs more active staff members for each timezone. As currently, you can quite often find no staff members online at certain times. However, I understand that it is difficult to find the qualified candidates and therefore this is a process that should be executed very carefully.

• Like 2

Nice review man I agree with pretty much everything you said, I'd probably bump up Bowflexxx to a 5/5 though he puts in heavy work Cx 

@congomen69 Thank you for the kind words, appreciate it. And what u said about tevin I highly agree. But I don't wanna create a discussion here about it. Thanks!

Hello @M,

Thank you for taking your time in making this staff feedback. 

I really appreciate the constructive criticism and it helps me figure out what I need to work on. I have been putting much more effort in community interaction and I hope that this effort becomes noticed after a while of doing it. I have been making sure to either speak on the general discord, go in-game, or reply to forum topics like these much more often. 

You can expect to see me around more and I hope the community enjoys the increase in interactions between me and them. I am excited to work on this and hopefully everyone enjoys seeing me around more often. 

Thank you and enjoy playing! 

• Like 2