Sign in to follow this  
king marco

Blood Tekton / Raids Improvement

Raids are the worst thing that has happened to Mythic and Sponsor ranks because the new BIS armor is not as great as it seems and the amount of money you can make from Tekton has been nerfed. The best benefit of Sponsor + is Tekton and this update has killed it.  The same thing that happened to elder mauls and twisted bows will happen to the new BIS Tektonic armor overtime as there is nothing stopping Mythics/ Sponsors from farming it.

My suggestion is this:

Remove Tektnoic armor from Blood Tekton and replace it with rare chances to get large cash bag stacks (Similar to KBD)

These Large cash bag stacks should mirror the prices that Tektons old drops were valued at.

EX:

1/750 chance 400-450 cash bag drop

1/750 chance 300 cash bag drop

1/750 chance 200 cash bag drop

OR make it so they are all at different drop rates depending on cash stack amount

Large cash stacks might be a problem for wilderness Tekton but a solution to this would have it drop a shard/relic/kit/ Anything that could be traded into an npc for the equivalent in cash bags. (Similar to Mythic orn kit and Hari NPC)

OTHER SUGGESTION:

Add Tektonic armor to Raids where it should be, so the price will remain stable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

part of the reason elder maul/twisted bows crashed WAS because of sponsors farming tekton and bringing in tons of those items ingame, sure it's the worse thing to happen to mystic and sponsor but it's the best thing to happen to this server.

6 minutes ago, sonny said:

part of the reason elder maul/twisted bows crashed WAS because of sponsors farming tekton and bringing in tons of those items ingame, sure it's the worse thing to happen to mystic and sponsor but it's the best thing to happen to this server.

Not disagreeing with you, in fact, I definitely agree with you, but you have to understand that people donated $2500-$5000 for these benefits and they were taken away and replaced for something that nobody would ever donate for. You can't just have certain benefits for High donation ranks than just take them away and replace it for something not worth it. This is under the assumption that tektonic armor will in fact crash in the near future.

Edited by king marco
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, king marco said:

Raids are the worst thing that has happened to Mythic and Sponsor ranks because the new BIS armor is not as great as it seems and the amount of money you can make from Tekton has been nerfed. The best benefit of Sponsor + is Tekton and this update has killed it.  The same thing that happened to elder mauls and twisted bows will happen to the new BIS Tektonic armor overtime as there is nothing stopping Mythics/ Sponsors from farming it.

My suggestion is this:

Remove Tektnoic armor from Blood Tekton and replace it with rare chances to get large cash bag stacks (Similar to KBD)

These Large cash bag stacks should mirror the prices that Tektons old drops were valued at.

EX:

1/750 chance 400-450 cash bag drop

1/750 chance 300 cash bag drop

1/750 chance 200 cash bag drop

OR make it so they are all at different drop rates depending on cash stack amount

Large cash stacks might be a problem for wilderness Tekton but a solution to this would have it drop a shard/relic/kit/ Anything that could be traded into an npc for the equivalent in cash bags. (Similar to Mythic orn kit and Hari NPC)

OTHER SUGGESTION:

Add Tektonic armor to Raids where it should be, so the price will remain stable.

This is one of the worst suggestions i've ever seen? Adding this would bring in absurd amounts of gp into the eco legit. The solution by removing the raids items from tekton was good and necessary and imo doesn't needed to be changed. However more items do need to be added to the raids drop table legit is poo poo as is.

Just now, lzerraptorz said:

This is one of the worst suggestions i've ever seen? Adding this would bring in absurd amounts of gp into the eco legit. The solution by removing the raids items from tekton was good and necessary and imo doesn't needed to be changed. However more items do need to be added to the raids drop table legit is poo poo as is.

The reason why the eco is getting worse is the lack of cash in the economy and the overabundance of items. Bringing in cash more than items would be beneficial? Not sure if your understanding or not

• Like 1

I agree with you, buffs and changes could be good. Aswell I think skotizo weps should have the wildy effect in raids aswell

Edited by Bsouth
  • Like 1

Just now, king marco said:

The reason why the eco is getting worse is the lack of cash in the economy and the overabundance of items. Bringing in cash more than items would be beneficial? Not sure if your understanding or not

How would that be beneficial tho? It wouldn't change anything would just change prices relative to the amount of cash.

5 minutes ago, lzerraptorz said:

How would that be beneficial tho? It wouldn't change anything would just change prices relative to the amount of cash.

Prices decrease because of supply v demand. There are other factors that affect demand. The price is one of them. New players/ mid game players or any players who aren't rich can't afford most items. Example: Death pet, New players can't afford it and people who've been playing for a long time already has it. New players are the ones who buy items because they don't have them. The economy relies on newer players/ mid game and not old players because old players already have everything for the most part. More cash circulating in the game will help boost prices overall IMO.

Edited by king marco

Just now, king marco said:

Prices decrease because of supply v demand. There are other factors that affect demand. The price is one of them. New players or any players who aren't rich can't afford most items. Example: Death pet, New players can't afford it and people who've been playing for a long time already has it. New players are the ones who buy items because they don't have them. The economy relies on newer players and not old players because old players already have everything for the most part. More cash circulating in the game will help boost prices overall IMO.

So how would old players getting more cash help new players afford items that makes no sense. 

Just now, lzerraptorz said:

So how would old players getting more cash help new players afford items that makes no sense. 

Reworded my original post. New players = anyone who doesn't have all of the top tier items. Reworded it to mid-stage players

• Like 1

The problem with Blood Tekton:

• Lack of content surrounding the actual boss (wilderness variant should've gotten some type of exclusive item / incentive from donator variant)
  • Lack of items added to the boss' drop table (both wilderness and donator verison of the boss): All we got is tekton armor, which was not what i was suggesting when re-working tekton.

The problem with Raids I:

• Drops are absolutely horrible, less than 300M loot per chest...
  • Apparently really buggy
  • Time consuming compared to how much you make from the chest.

Solutions for these:

• Tekton located in the wilderness is now Blood Tekton, while the donation zone Tekton remains traditional Tekton.
  • Add more items to Donator Zone Tekton, super rare drop rates (1/5000 maybe), to prevent inflation from coming in as fast as they did with original raid items. Needs to be really good and worth going for, no matter how rare it is, players with sponsor/Mythic will get it no matter what after countless hours of AFK.
  • Perhaps a new custom weapon for the game that can ONLY be obtained from wilderness tekton, boosting wilderness activity and making wilderness capes more useful, etc.
  • Provide small coin drops (25 bags like KBD isn't bad) to Tekton, but no where near 300-400 like you suggested.
  • Raids should offer bag rewards ranging from 10 bags (1B) to 50 bags (1B), not to mention chances at all of those Raid items. Toss the point mystery box, add PvP Mystery Box (new ancient treasures), add $5 bond as a rare chance (6.5B), Treasure caskets (2B, Stackable), and Treasure chests (15-20B?).

• Like 1

Thats actually good suggestion, to replace tektons drops with cash bags. Cause right now, sponsor is nothing different from VIP :) Which is 2000$ cheaper. Feels like all the sponsor ranks were scammed with this update.

Another alternative is to add "kits" to the current blood tekton. The kits can be exchanged at mythic for cash [like mythic dragon kits] or sold to players who can use the kits on justicar armor to make it tekton armor. Currently with this new armor, Justicar is less so useful and is bound to crash. Using the kit on justicar to make the new armor could make it untradable and if the player did not keep it upon death, it would transfer to the value of the the kit and drop as cash.

Benefits for economy

• This is a sink for justicar, which is not that great with this new armor. A sink for justicar means justicar price increase as well as blood diamond prices... Which means prices for other items in blood store also increase.
  • Adds more "Cash" to economy than more items.
    • This is for the better of economy overall because less items means its harder to get them, players will spend more time in game trying to achieve them and server will survive longer. If an item is cheap and easy to obtain, players will get bored and quit. Just because there is more cash in economy does not mean its impossible for new players to get items. The usual tasks they do might make them a bitmore money than before and so on.
    • Cash gets taken out of eco often anyway, wether through ecos rwting and getting banned or ecos getting custom items. Getting 100k bags out of eco is easy but getting 100 tbows out of eco is another thing.

Benefits of this approach for sponsors/mythic:

1. An item drop that you can sell for guaranteed cash (maybe 20b)
  2. Try your luck with selling to a player for more cash

Edited by Fp Me Noobs
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fp Me Noobs said:

Another alternative is to add "kits" to the current blood tekton. The kits can be exchanged at mythic for cash [like mythic dragon kits] or sold to players who can use the kits on justicar armor to make it tekton armor. Currently with this new armor, Justicar is less so useful and is bound to crash. Using the kit on justicar to make the new armor could make it untradable and if the player did not keep it upon death, it would transfer to the value of the the kit and drop as cash.

Benefits for economy

• This is a sink for justicar, which is not that great with this new armor. A sink for justicar means justicar price increase as well as blood diamond prices... Which means prices for other items in blood store also increase.
    • This is for the better of economy overall because less items means its harder to get them, players will spend more time in game trying to achieve them and server will survive longer. If an item is cheap and easy to obtain, players will get bored and quit. Just because there is more cash in economy does not mean its impossible for new players to get items. The usual tasks they do might make them a bitmore money than before and so on.
    • Cash gets taken out of eco often anyway, wether through ecos rwting and getting banned or ecos getting custom items. Getting 100k bags out of eco is easy but getting 100 tbows out of eco is another thing.

Yeaaaaaaaah, kits that can be exchanged at mythic zone. But what about SPONSORS? Mythic ranks arent the only ones, that lost half of their value after HUUUUUUUUUGE tekton nerf.

3 hours ago, Super Unicum said:

Yeaaaaaaaah, kits that can be exchanged at mythic zone. But what about SPONSORS? Mythic ranks arent the only ones, that lost half of their value after HUUUUUUUUUGE tekton nerf.

they can sell the kits in tp and mythics can buy from tp make some profit to exchange at mythic zone.

12 hours ago, Bsouth said:

I agree with you, buffs and changes could be good. Aswell I think skotizo weps should have the wildy effect in raids aswell

But raids isn't wildy... no sense at all right there.

Here's a cool song to listen to while I reply: 

*might want to add it to loop because my responses are pretty lengthy*

12 hours ago, lzerraptorz said:

Adding in GP drops would put the economy at ease regarding the massive influx of tekton drops that were happening lately. While I don't support full on bulk gold drops he is certainly in the right direction by adding in cash bag drops. While we won't neccesarily match the prices of what the items cost in the economy with cash bags to tekton, we can certainly put good amounts like 10-15B cash drops. As for future items to blood tekton that is always a possibly and we are very open to taking in recommendations/suggestions from the community on such items. In fact I have one below:

• Blood Tekton Pet: 10% Damage bonus to NPCs
    • New Ability: Has a rare chance to automatically kill the NPC you are in combat with
      • Ability chance of working could be a 1/2000 chance to proc an "insta kill" hit per basic attack.
12 hours ago, Bsouth said:

Raids are not in the wilderness so that's a fat -1 from me. No need to buff them to work inside the raids, however I wouldn't mind new customs for the raids.

• Xerican Bow: Identical model to craw's bow but would be recolored green to match the "xeric" theme
    • Identical damage and accuracy boosts like it's skotizo weapon counterpart(Skotizo Bow) would be present
      • Would only work in raids
  • Xerican Chainmace: Identical model to viggora's chainmace but would be recolored green to match the "xeric" theme
    • Identical damage and accuracy boosts like it's skotizo weapon counterpart(Skotizo chainmace) would be present
  • Xerican Sceptre: Identical model to thammaron's sceptre but would be recolored green to match the "xeric" theme
    • Identical damage and accuracy boosts like it's skotizo weapon counterpart(Skotizo Sceptre) would be present

Now this could simply be a "waste of time to code when we could just add it to skotizo weapons" argument, but I really feel like we shouldn't buff one weapon so much that it's viable in every aspect. Would only be a matter of time before people ask for skotizo weapons to work everywhere. This also brings diversity to the weapons used in the raids and would match price to skotizo weapons if not be even more expensive.

12 hours ago, lzerraptorz said:

With my suggestion above of new items added to raids as rewards from the chest, we are also going to be boosting the rewards for completing a reward. I'm reffering to the "1 100m cash bag, 1 point box, and 10 BM" drops from the chest. Something along the lines of having a set reward everytime you complete the raid and everyone will earn the same base reward to make raids enticing and give you actual GP per raid completion.

Let's make a table below:

Raid Completion(Normal) Reward for completing a raid on the 'Normal' difficulty

• Gold(Guranteed) - 10 100m bags
  • Point boxes(Guranteed) - 5 noted point boxes
  • BM(Guranteed) - 25 blood money
  • PvP Mystery Box(Guranteed) - 1 PvP box drop
  • Treasure Casket(1/5) -  Chance for a treasure casket to drop
  • Treasure Chest(1/15) - Chance for a treasure chest to drop

Raid Completion(Adept): Reward for completing a raid on the 'Adept' difficulty

• Gold(Guranteed) - 20 100m bags
  • Point boxes(Guranteed) - 10 noted point boxes
  • BM(Guranteed) - 50 blood money
  • PvP Mystery Box(Guranteed) - 2 PvP box drop
  • Treasure Casket(1/5) - Chance for a treasure casket to drop

Raid Completion(Expert): Reward for completing a raid on the 'Expert' difficulty

• Gold(Guranteed) - 35 100m bags
  • Point boxes(Guranteed) - 15 noted point boxes
  • BM(Guranteed) - 75 blood money
  • PvP Mystery Box(Guranteed) - 3 PvP box drop
  • Treasure Casket(1/5) - Chance for a treasure casket to drop

Raid Completion(Master): Reward for completing a raid on the "Master" difficulty

• Gold(Guranteed) - 50 100m bags
  • Point boxes(Guranteed) - 20 noted point boxes
  • BM(Guranteed) -  100 blood money 
  • PvP Mystery Box(Guranteed) - 4 PvP box drop
  • Treasure Casket(1/4) - Chance for treasure casket to drop
  • Treasure Chest(1/12) - Chance for treasure chest to drop

Raid Completion(Grandmaster): Reward for completing a raid on the "Grandmaster" difficulty

• Gold(Guranteed) - 75 100m bags
  • Point boxes(Guranteed) - 25 noted point boxes
  • BM(Guranteed) - 150 blood money
  • PvP Mystery Box(Guranteed) - 5 PvP box drop
  • Treasure Casket(1/3) - Chance for treasure casket to drop
  • Treasure Chest(1/10) - Chance for treasure chest to drop

Now keep in mind these might seem "low" for "30 minutes of completing a raid" but it is certainly a step in the right direction. This opens up a bunch of possibilities for raids and opens up a lot of doors for future content such as blood perks that boost raid rewards, or pets that boost raid rewards. Raids are meant to be an investment of time for bigger and better rewards, and that's exactly what we plan to do to make raids enticing from a normal raider to a grandmaster raider.

12 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

The problem with Blood Tekton:

• Lack of content surrounding the actual boss (wilderness variant should've gotten some type of exclusive item / incentive from donator variant)
  • Lack of items added to the boss' drop table (both wilderness and donator verison of the boss): All we got is tekton armor, which was not what i was suggesting when re-working tekton.

The problem with Raids I:

• Drops are absolutely horrible, less than 300M loot per chest...
  • Apparently really buggy
  • Time consuming compared to how much you make from the chest.

Solutions for these:

• Tekton located in the wilderness is now Blood Tekton, while the donation zone Tekton remains traditional Tekton.
  • Add more items to Donator Zone Tekton, super rare drop rates (1/5000 maybe), to prevent inflation from coming in as fast as they did with original raid items. Needs to be really good and worth going for, no matter how rare it is, players with sponsor/Mythic will get it no matter what after countless hours of AFK.
  • Perhaps a new custom weapon for the game that can ONLY be obtained from wilderness tekton, boosting wilderness activity and making wilderness capes more useful, etc.
  • Provide small coin drops (25 bags like KBD isn't bad) to Tekton, but no where near 300-400 like you suggested.
  • Raids should offer bag rewards ranging from 10 bags (1B) to 50 bags (1B), not to mention chances at all of those Raid items. Toss the point mystery box, add PvP Mystery Box (new ancient treasures), add $5 bond as a rare chance (6.5B), Treasure caskets (2B, Stackable), and Treasure chests (15-20B?).

Blood tekton can use additional drops and I whole-heartedly agree. If you have any suggestions please feel free to suggest them! Tekton armor was indeed something we anticipated but not the perks/stats it had. It's basically a hybrid of torva and justiciar that outclasses them both which is the only good thing going for it. Given the set also gives venom immunity players will be able to use a full set in the wilderness boosting diversity which is a good thing. The armor will probably have a very comfortable price tag in the economy for a long while, but the downside is torva and justiciar won't be as potent as they were before.

Raids 1 problems will be looked after as I am listening to the community and forwarding problems that people report to Ryan so he can address them.

• Drops will be addressed and buffed
  • Bugs will certainly be addressed and fixed
  • I will try to boost rewards to making raid completing viable and take into account time vs reward whilst raiding

As for your solutions, You have it a bit mixed up. Traditional "normal tekton" is only located via raids and no where else. Traditional tekton also only drops the elder maul and tekton pet, as it has been stripped of it's old drop table from before. Blood tekton is found everywhere else, via wilderness or donator zone.

More drops to blood tekton will always be welcomed and feel free to suggest any.

As for a "unique" drop from a certain NPC we can certainly have that arranged but seems very unjustifiable towards sponsor+ donators as your essentially adding in a (assuming new and very expensive/OP item) that they won't be able to get. I'd suggest bringing that item forward and releasing it to everyone instead of just the wilderness tekton.

Coins drops would be ideal, and would be welcomed with open arms. KBD has a 1/520 25 bag drop, but that's relatively low due to how easy it is to kill. Suggesting the following:

• 75 100m bag drop - 1/350
  • 100 100m bag drop - 1/750

Added the majority of this to the proposed new drop table to the raids.

9 hours ago, Super Unicum said:

Thats actually good suggestion, to replace tektons drops with cash bags. Cause right now, sponsor is nothing different from VIP :) Which is 2000$ cheaper. Feels like all the sponsor ranks were scammed with this update.

Sponsors and above were not scammed. There is no such thing as someone arguing "The only reason people become sponsor is tekton" when in reality tekton has been on there since day 1 of sponsor release and everyone has still gotten the rank. You've got no right to complain when the rank was released with that feature and later complain about it. Very hypocritical, IMHO. Perks can be adjusted at any given time, and drop tables can be modified at any given time without the need of us(server) letting you guys(community) know of upcoming changes. 

Rest assured we are trying to make tekton better than what it currently as, to bring back a strong and defining donator perk for sponsors and above.

9 hours ago, Fp Me Noobs said:

Benefits for economy

Very fantastic addition to tekton. Adding in 1 additional drop of 10B cash drop, and an additional drop for a "tectonic shard"(can be the same model used for god cape shards) that you could turn into Hari for an exchange rate of 10B.

Hari would need to be ported to sponsor zone as well, and given the option to exchanged a tectonic shard for 10B, available to all sponsors as a future update.

I don't agree on using it on justiciar, but tectonic armor needs to be tweaked to not have the same perks as justiciar and vice versa for torva.

As for your cash theory, i'll have to add that more cash in the economy is entirely not a bad idea. There are people that merch and cash hoard but those people are actively putting in cash into the economy by purchasing items. I'd say someone such as yourself, an eco holder who hoards for the most part and doesn't spend stupidly is a deterrent on the economy because the cash that is in the economy is not moving. There are hundreds of trills in cash in the economy, and I wouldn't be suprised if that number was around 10Q in cash in the economy. Long term this is a far better idea than what we had previously and the economy was certainly taking a toll as everyone was noticing a really bad problem in the economy. Raids has surely revived the economy for a lot of items pertaining to raids 1 and 2, and even items outside of it.

This update was a very big successful economic move, and the results are really pleasing. We can do better as it's not perfect, but we'll observe our options and go from there taking into account everything. From the economy to the community, including eco holder or poor player and both regular player or staff member. Feed back is certainly appreciated and working together we'll reach results that will be satisfactory to all parties mentioned above.

• Thanks 1

I don't mind spending cash when I need to. IE I spent 90k blood tokens so far on things I needed.. The items I bought for them were sinked and cash spread through eco. I however will not stupidly buy items in an eco where theres no sinks for them and are bound to crash. Especially when I don't need them. 

It's also hard to merch on a long scale in this economy. I have tried but it does not work. An example of this is Zaryte bows, I took them from 25b to 50b, but here they are again and I tried not to dump them back into eco because I did not want to crash them.I still own so many. The goal of merching is to make more money, but if it only leaves you with items you cannot sell anymore and at a lower price than you bought them than it is called stupidity not merching.

Cash is easy to take out of eco. As an example, 400k cash was easily taken out of eco when a custom pet was added recently. That's a shit load of cash and it just got taken out. Adding cash in the eco is good thing, making items harder to obtain is a good thing as well [like less drop rates for items, more for cash).

4 minutes ago, Fp Me Noobs said:

Cash is easy to take out of eco. As an example, 400k cash was easily taken out of eco when a custom pet was added recently. That's a shit load of cash and it just got taken out. Adding cash in the eco is good thing, making items harder to obtain is a good thing as well [like less drop rates for items, more for cash).

True, but you also have to keep in mind people who want to do this are a dime a dozen. Server has been out for almost 4 years and there has only been 5 people to purchase customs items. Those people are The aurora, me, V, pk happytail, and extr pvm. People don't just up and want to waste at least 10t+ on a custom, as you can see we've barely managed to enticed 5 people to do it over 5 years.

No arguing about cash being hard or not to sink but we don't advance anywhere in terms of economic relief when a person just buys a custom item and sinks an enormous amount of cash. That cash that was sunk has been sitting in that eco holders bank for ages and just like it had no effect in the economy in his bank, it had no effect being taken out.

People need to understand that cash needs to be in circulation so that there can be demand for items. It's simply supply and demand economy basics. What we have right now is a whole lot of "empty demand" because people want a lot of stuff but it's hard to make cash. There's also always been a extremely high supply of just about everything and that's a big problem. When there's 400+ mystery chests in the TP, when there's 80+ divines/korasi/nex sets/twisted bows/dins,etc.(you get the point) there is a major problem because that's just what's listed on the TP, not what's in the economy as well on players accounts.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

True, but you also have to keep in mind people who want to do this are a dime a dozen. Server has been out for almost 4 years and there has only been 5 people to purchase customs items. Those people are The aurora, me, V, pk happytail, and extr pvm. People don't just up and want to waste at least 10t+ on a custom, as you can see we've barely managed to enticed 5 people to do it over 5 years.

No arguing about cash being hard or not to sink but we don't advance anywhere in terms of economic relief when a person just buys a custom item and sinks an enormous amount of cash. That cash that was sunk has been sitting in that eco holders bank for ages and just like it had no effect in the economy in his bank, it had no effect being taken out.

People need to understand that cash needs to be in circulation so that there can be demand for items. It's simply supply and demand economy basics. What we have right now is a whole lot of "empty demand" because people want a lot of stuff but it's hard to make cash. There's also always been a extremely high supply of just about everything and that's a big problem. When there's 400+ mystery chests in the TP, when there's 80+ divines/korasi/nex sets/twisted bows/dins,etc.(you get the point) there is a major problem because that's just what's listed on the TP, not what's in the economy as well on players accounts.

That's the owner's duty to make sure server survives not individual players or that there is cash in circulation and less items, not individual players. As a player your goal is to get rich and get end game items. When you have that, it does not mean you try to get rid of it.  I don't mind sinking 100 divines if it means I can get a custom one. Or 100 nex sets or 100 tbow sets. There no incentive to do so though :(

8 hours ago, Kellatha said:

Blood Tekton Pet: 10% Damage bonus to NPCs

• New Ability: Has a rare chance to automatically kill the NPC you are in combat with
    • Ability chance of working could be a 1/2000 chance to proc an "insta kill" hit per basic attack.

Guess new raids meta is rune knifes and swifts :d

• Like 1

Thanks for all your suggestions!

We'll be working on greatly improving raids this week, and they will be inspired by a lot of the posts here.

Stay tuned!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kellatha said:

Blood Tekton Pet: 10% Damage bonus to NPCs

Guess new raids meta is rune knifes and swifts :d

All im saying raids needs a equivalent drop to twisted bow on osrs something rare but worth bankkkkkk, similar in price to infernal stone or smth

How about an explanation as to how the prestige works on raids. Prestige being 10+,50+,100+ raids completed. 

Do we get better drop rate or is it just bragging rights.

Just curious.