Phenomenon

We need to fix the economy and re-balance the game

@Phenomenon when I don't get hit a 72 through prayer literal as soon as I see the other person pot and I turn it on then I'll be happy with the game mechanics. They literally punish you for getting your prayers correct faster.

Edited by rated

I think giving certain non-afk WILDERNESS bosses EXCLUSIVE items would be a start. (Hard at this point since we have a ton of "core" items in the game) 

Look at Demonic gorillas for example... Torture amulets have shot up past the normal 10b up into the 40b range. Simply because supply and demand. Gorillas require attention to kill, and you can get the torture amulet ONLY from gorillas.  That being one of the only bosses with a legitimate "exclusive" drop.

The majority of items that are "flooded" in the eco are a result of mass mystery chests being opened, and/or donator zone spawners spewing out literal fucktons of the items.

I believe the blood synthesis pool is a step in the right direction, but making it PURELY cosmetic and appealing to less than 5% of the player base is rough.

As for "fixing" the eco? I don't believe its a 1 step solution. There are many problems that need to be addressed.

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Bowflexxx said:

I think giving certain non-afk WILDERNESS bosses EXCLUSIVE items would be a start. (Hard at this point since we have a ton of "core" items in the game) 

Look at Demonic gorillas for example... Torture amulets have shot up past the normal 10b up into the 40b range. Simply because supply and demand. Gorillas require attention to kill, and you can get the torture amulet ONLY from gorillas.  That being one of the only bosses with a legitimate "exclusive" drop.

The majority of items that are "flooded" in the eco are a result of mass mystery chests being opened, and/or donator zone spawners spewing out literal fucktons of the items.

I believe the blood synthesis pool is a step in the right direction, but making it PURELY cosmetic and appealing to less than 5% of the player base is rough.

As for "fixing" the eco? I don't believe its a 1 step solution. There are many problems that need to be addressed.

somebody-get-that-man-a-beer.jpg

Well stated, Bowflexxx. I think you hit the nail on the hammer with that one mate!

• Haha 1

OK well I think to begin with, it's fair to say that the reason why the Dinh's/Tbow/Emaul items have been dropping is very simple. Why would you allow any player with a high enough donor status be allowed to farm them (possibly at x2 rates) at a SAFE Tekton?!

It baffles my mind that this has been allowed for so long. If there is an influx of items in the game, and these items can be AFK farmed, then of course they will drop in price drastically.

As Bowflexxx said, the demonic gorrilla drops (and I imagine the same goes for all the other non-safe and non-AFK boss drops) have retained their value. Why not simply stop the farming of all these OP items? You need to replace these monster spawners with another benefit for donors.

A few other people have linked to other reasons that the eco is becoming flooded (and it's not just the reason I'm talking about, of course). If the TP was replaced with the GE as per OSRS, there may be some benefits. Unfortunately though, I don't think SPK has a large enough playerbase to get a GE working properly. Removing the TP entirely won't fix this problem either - you will just have yell spam and people undercutting loudly.

• Like 1

I believe there are likely some very good suggestions similiar to what I am going to say. I would just like to leave a few pointers could maybe support this movement. I think the goal here should be to steer the economy further away from dueling and gambling as the best money maker in game and drive more activity into the gameplay aspects

*Add raids bosses, increase minigame profits/drops

ie: Raids I, II, as well as buffing kharazi jungle drops for bloodmoney to increase bank space for players, possibly adding a mage arena mechanic to help with profitting like redskulling or adding an auto deposit for every 1k tokens

* Increase daily's and add more killcounts

ie: Bonus for completing 5 tasks, Bonus for completing ten blood slayer tasks

* Increase donator benefits

ie: increased drop rates, triple blood money drops, 5-10 instanced bosses for lower tiers

*ADDING A VOID MONSTER THAT DROPS VOID PIECES

*Consider removing tradepost to rebalance economy trading

ALSO INCREASE THE VOTING REWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAKE DONATOR PETS ACTUALLY WORTH BUYING SMALL 2-10% BONUSES ??????????????????????/

Edited by Middle Leg
  • Like 1

@Phenomenon Hey. Why don't you implement another system like blood shard salvaging. You trade in your items to an NCP for an untradeable currency/ points and you can either spend this currency or your points on items of your choice. I'm not too knowledgeable on the current items in game as I've recently returned from a year break. I feel like this idea could solve the issues.

@Phenomenon
What about TP Taxes?, so like if you're tryna sell shit for 10b you get a tax of what 10%?
So you'd get 9b out of it, i mean that would help out as a start i guess.

TP / Gambling taxes

Develop some shit like OSRS has, where you loose 10% of the amount staked?

Edited by Nonia

7 minutes ago, Nonia said:

@Phenomenon
What about TP Taxes?, so like if you're tryna sell shit for 10b you get a tax of what 10%?
So you'd get 9b out of it, i mean that would help out as a start i guess.

TP / Gambling taxes

Develop some shit like OSRS has, where you loose 10% of the amount staked?

Tp tax is one of the worst ideas ive ever heard. People would just stop using the tp it really wouldn't solve anything and decrease item value further. 

How do you tax gambling when the majority gamble items?

The issue isn't the amount of cash ingame either its the amount of items due to the ability to afk for most mid tier items at the various donator zones.

On 3/12/2019 at 4:02 PM, Phenomenon said:

Agreed, while it may be a great fix, it's too broad and would upset many people.

• We most certainly want to avoid changes / nerfs to the foundations of SpawnPK (updates / pieces of content that have had tremendous impact), as this would just result in extreme controversy and backlash from the community.

Examples of this would be:

• Requiring charges for Yoshi Pet (i could only imagine if Alien was targeted as well)
  • Trading post
  • Donator perks
  • etc

Another suggestion would be to make certain op items untradeable and put them in the emblem store, blood shard and diamond store. For example, dinh’s bulwark I think costs almost 75 blood diamonds, which is equivalent to 30b. Since in trading post it’s obviously lower than 30b, make players earn blood diamonds from Tekton and/or buy from trading post, so they can buy an untradeable dinh’s bulwark for 30b worth of blood diamonds. 

Edited by Pencilbroke