Phenomenon

We need to fix the economy and re-balance the game

So there has been a lot of statements & suggestion threads made regarding this issue on SpawnPK,

But very little people actually provide valid points as to why it needs to be fixed.

So my objective today, is to explain the issues going on within our server, and offer alternatives to fix the issue while also giving the community a chance to provide feedback as to what the owner should do.

THE ECONOMY:

Lately, the SpawnPK economy has been in absolute shambles. Prices have plummeted to an all time low and there is an extreme sense of inflation with many of what used to be SPK's "most valued items".

Here's an example of some of these:

5692f32168950c85ce451f622c3c1e94.png

• Right now, there are 58 divine spirit shields sitting in the trading post with over 40% of them being under 14B.
  • This means a shield that soaks 30% damage is easily accessible to almost anyone, and encourages players to hide behind it with no way to stop it other than a barrelchest sword. I wouldn't say the mechanic is a problem, but inflation most certainly is because now everyone and their mother can have it.

289664caf1a3e073a7ebd89ef5deacb5.png

• Dinh's Bulwark has dropped to a disgusting 16B in price, with 52 total in the trading post. This does not count my efforts in trying to stabilize the price by spending my hard earned cash on them to take them out of the game - I have 48 of them.
  • I think it's quite obvious that tekton is the main culprit in this situation, and i have already expressed a solution for this on a different thread.
  • This shield could very well give you anything you need to escape a sticky situation, and now once again, everybody and their mother now has it.

Sure these two items could drastically effect the PvP atmosphere, but let's talk about PvM / Gamblers:

• Lack of new content / pet fusions
  • No sinks in game for the pets
  • Inflation, resulting in price deterioration

8e518da395078e27114de878c88c890e.png 

286375834953486a533f9a9647a4e22a.png

9453215aceb724ba8909dc2e357b378b.png

ae58109dcd50712402c1462aff3bc808.png

There's so many issues to cover, but before i get too ahead of myself i want to make a very valid point about the blood synthesis pool:

7f4943d1ecd9dd45408571a7a990e81e.png

• Probably the most useless implement so far UNLESS YOU'RE AN ECO HOLDER.
  • These items are all purely cosmetic, so i don't see why we don't make it obtainable by mid-tier players, rather than just eco holders.
  • This was intended to be a sink for pet prices / blood diamond items / etc, but ultimately failed due to the reward being inadequate.

There will be more issues touched up on this but here are some possible solutions:

- Tweak the bloodcore token store so that MORE PLAYERS can actually obtain this COSMETIC ONLY items, NOT just eco holders

- Add more fun things into the bloodcore token, make a thread where players can suggest new content that THEY WOULD WANT on the bloodcore token shop

- Address AFK-Pvming at zones like tekton etc, and import Raids I and Raids II into SpawnPK .. In order for this to work, the bosses that get changed need to have items JUST AS GOOD as the ones prior to the change or else it's disrespectful to our donators.

- Tweak money making activity network to increase player retention / help the new players

• Treasure casket to barrow runs
  • Bump the battle mage kill to 250 for a treasure casket and the rewards that are already existing to keep Mage Bank active after the event
  • Create some type of new player activity

This thread is incomplete, i will be interacting with and addressing the community's concerns via the comments section so i can present these to Ryan.

• Thanks 1

Remove the trading post this will solve most of the undercutting issue which will help in the long run. Will suggest more things when I have the time to.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Hello Ryan.

I am developing for like 6-7 years my name is Daniel nice to meet you.

I've thought about something that should help us to solve most of the issues.

Example:

Dragon Claws [200M cash/2 Bags].

We have to setup a minimum purchase and a maximum purchase.

Max for Dragon claws(Coins) - 290M cash

Max for Dragon claws(Bags) - 3 Bags.

Another example:

Alien pet: minimum 550 bags / maximum 600 bags.

I am a Spk player, IGN: Recommence. Opening tp intend to buy an alien pet for 549 bags (above the minimum)

Trading post: "You can't sell alien pet above 549 bags!"

And the player have to make it from 550 bags to 600 bags.

Hope you guys understand, including Ryan.

@Phenomenon @Ryan

Edited by Recommence
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Recommence said:

Hello Ryan.

Very interesting suggestion, but if I may ask what would the maximum pricing restriction result in? Wouldn't we want to encourage players making profit off of an item rather than staying at a set price? Plus i've never been a fan of forcing players to follow a strict policy on something they believe should have freedom for. Minimum pricing could be good though

Although I'm not an eco holder I have an abundance and more then 90% of typical players do in cash alone. I find the game to be a bore with no content for me to do. I can go out into edge and get a 50+ killstreak in 20b gear which doesn't dent my bank in the slightest. I too have been buying dinh's bulwarks and things like that in an attempt to make them more expensive (I have 16) I used to have stacks of divines but I just kept losing money so I got rid of them.

This probably wouldn't be wanted by certain players but I feel a 55x2 gambler or something similar to dawntained's should be implemented because it would really make rich people have an ease to dispose their abundance of things, there's the occasional win but honestly keeping these items in the eco is just awful for it. this would definitely help maintain an amount or even make item(s) rarer causing them to rise in balance.

Like @goobymunchsaid that removing the TP would be good for the eco it would be bad for the players, they'd absolutely hate it. There would be too much confusion among everyone prices getting twisted etc that most people, especially new players would not like it and find it very difficult to sell/buy stuff making it even harder to rebuild.

let's address bonds and the dshop also, yes?

The prices haven't been updated in them since I joined, early 2016. The only thing that's happened was the price of things going down. mystery chests can be bought for 12b now compared to the 18b, or 30b they used to be at. this brings in a huge influx of items that are already ruining the economy like divines, tbows, kits, etc. The only thing that's kept it's price are grand crests. They're easily obtained and they actually give cash rewards. Back in the good ol' day dtix were 15M+ a pop and everything was in good prices, divines, bows, korasi, etc.

Fix the shops they're such bad prices and so unrealistic.

I suggest adding actual fun content for everyone instead of pvm things and having regular shop prices changed. more stuff to yah

P.S: 90% of the wins for tournies are $30 bonds, change that plox.

Edited by Doggy
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Recommence said:

Hello Ryan.

Example:

Another example:

I am a Spk player, IGN: Recommence. Opening tp intend to buy an alien pet for 549 bags (above the minimum)

@Phenomenon @Ryan

Would just cause players to sell cheaper in person trades and guarantee awful prices, if the price is like you said.

16 minutes ago, Recommence said:

Hello Ryan.

Example:

Another example:

@Phenomenon @Ryan

This would never work, example : Player A sells 20 aliens at minimum (550 bags) , Player B tries to sell alien but can't compete forcing him to sell at minimum (550 bags), Assuming there is a queueing system, player A's items will always be at the top at the minimum price.

Edit: Also there's nothing stopping people from dumping in trades rather than tp

Edited by king marco
  • Like 1

Just now, Doggy said:

Like @goobymunchsaid that removing the TP would be good for the eco it would be bad for the players, they'd absolutely hate it. There would be too much confusion among everyone prices getting twisted etc that most people, especially new players would not like it and find it very difficult to sell/buy stuff making it even harder to rebuild.

Agreed, while it may be a great fix, it's too broad and would upset many people.

• We most certainly want to avoid changes / nerfs to the foundations of SpawnPK (updates / pieces of content that have had tremendous impact), as this would just result in extreme controversy and backlash from the community.

Examples of this would be:

• Requiring charges for Yoshi Pet (i could only imagine if Alien was targeted as well)
  • Trading post
  • Donator perks
  • etc

2 minutes ago, Doggy said:

let's address bonds and the dshop also, yes?

The prices haven't been updated in them since I joined, early 2016. The only thing that's happened was the price of things going down. mystery chests can be bought for 12b now compared to the 18b, or 30b they used to be at. this brings in a huge influx of items that are already ruining the economy like divines, tbows, kits, etc. The only thing that's kept it's price are grand crests. They're easily obtained and they actually give cash rewards. Back in the good ol' day dtix were 15M+ a pop and everything was in good prices, divines, bows, korasi, etc.

Fix the shops they're such bad prices and so unrealistic.

Fat +1 to tweaking the shops / fixing prices

• I also think we should add more perks / benefits for ALL donation statuses, nothing that would break the game but stuff that is useful for a better gameplay experience.
  • New items for the mystery items as well, take out the ones that are absolutely useless and also tweak the rates on the items in jeopardy (but if we do this, we need to make sure the items are just as good). In addition to this, some of the insanely rare / never before seen items should be a bit more common.
  • Making bonds worth it is actually a very easy thing to do, the moment a change is made regarding them, players value them a lot more. The only problem is it's only temporary, and changes need to be made whenever they start to become irrelevant again. 

Just now, reeeeeeeeeee said:

Eco reset solves everything

Eco reset wouldn't work, i'm 99% sure almost EVERYONE who worked hard for their things would be upset with a reset

Not only this, but it would really only benefit those who are in absolute shambles and can't find a way to rebuild (less than 5% of SpawnPK if you ask me, it's not hard to make SOMETHING on here)

In addition to all of these points, what about our donators?

• There's no possible solution other than to have donators keep their status / rank, and also provide a refund in bonds to those who recently made a donation.
  • If we didn't do this, it would be a very bad look from a business perspective and would also result in a lot of conflict / players leaving.

Conclusion:

If an eco reset was done, it would really only benefit less than 5% of our server's population, and would most likely result in a lot of angry players. Donators would also have to be reimbursed their bonds because of said reset, making it REALLY pay to win, as donators would have all of the best items while everyone would have to work from the ground up.

The thing is and the problem with the eco, is that its been put on its self destructive path for way to long for it to be efficiently dealt with meaning that either some form of resets and dumps will need to be implemented for certain drop tables (tekton in particular) which would cause alot of disagreements in the community like the yoshi pet nerf. When somethings been the norm for so long then people will complain when that gets changed, i guarantee if yoshi pet was like the way it is now from day one then there wouldn't be a single complaint.

Similar to this like what gooby said:

14 minutes ago, goobymunch said:

Remove the trading post this will solve most of the undercutting issue which will help in the long run. Will suggest more things when I have the time to.

People will outrage in the instance of a removal of the trading post as its been the norm for so long and whats the alternative? A grand exchange so you cant see prices? or go back to the old ways with trading only through players? both options i dont think will change a whole lot. It will just go from people undercutting on the trading post to people undercutting over yell and with the GE options the undercuts will be much larger because with a community's eco being completely circled around gambling people want to sell "junk" items quick hence the undercutting with pretty much every low- mid tier items and even some of the less powerful epic pets.

I completely agree with a massive nerf to the afk-ability with pvm in the game as thats not beneficial to the eco or the playerbase as its just not fun (despite how some people act) with the majority pvming till they get something to gamble then chucking it, which makes the eco very volatile and prices will be based around ease to gamble and items that players can afk pvm with ie the high price of pvm pets like fortune genie and items like skotizo weapons and grand rings. Raids 1, raids 2 a buff to vorkath so many possibility that were a complete success on runex that i dont see why hasn't been implemented on spawnpk and it actually boggles the mind to why?

The new blood synthesis shop is literally the worst idea i've ever seen in term of rewards, high pay in for almost no pay out? needing to spend trills on to change the colour of your yells? which has been in the game for ages with commands and wasn't even removed with the update. Actually pathetic.

Something that would actually be beneficial to the community is implementing fun alternatives to the norm lms style mini games, raids etc

And something actually beneficial to the eco is making the great items GREAT again. Provide players reasons to have some of the lesser used items to actually have some use. whether that be content that requires players to use these items for BIS gear, or a dump that is actually worth dumping items for.

• Thanks 1

Let's talk about Donator's (Vip+)

Say we remove the "rare" drops from these spawnable NPCs in the donator zones, ultimately decreasing the chance of making decent money, what could possibly be done to compensate for the loss? I know it was suggested replace it with new items but then eventually this would repeat causing new items to drop as well. 

Also, it was mentioned that donators could possibly get new perks due to the "nerf" with monster spawners, but what perk could possibly justify donating $500-1000-2500-5000? and even if there were new perks how would you divide that into Vip Rank / sponsor / mythic? Mythic/ sponsor perks would have to be significantly better than the lower ranks.

5 minutes ago, Recommence said:

My advice: Grand exchange.

Buy from the system [JavaBOT]

Sell as reguler without trading post.

That would be adding items into the economy without earning them legitly? That would legit be the server spawning in items via script to sell to users, which is even worse than what we currently have.

New items/bosses need to be kept away from exclusive donator zones so that they won't become heavily saturated over time like sponsors+ being able to spawn tekton which has resulted in an overwhelming result of twisted bows/elder mauls/dhin's bulwarks. Even at mythic, there are a lot of us and most of us have fortune genies which would speed up this problem twice as fast due to double loots. The way we are currently moving with bosses in the wildnerss (like blood hydra, skotizo) are very effective at keeping these items coming in at a fixed rate without exploitation's via a safe zone dzone with 0 risk and fortune genies to double loot.

11 minutes ago, goobymunch said:

I've always wondered about something along the lines of adding in a new rule to the TP where players can't undercut each other. Players will be restricted to putting prices no lower than the cheapest item currently in there to prevent undercutting. We'd also have to lower quantities so players would not be able to sell more than one item in the TP.

2 minutes ago, lzerraptorz said:

The thing is and the problem with the eco, is that its been put on its self destructive path for way to long for it to be efficiently dealt with meaning that either some form of resets and dumps will need to be implemented for certain drop tables (tekton in particular) which would cause alot of disagreements in the community like the yoshi pet nerf. When somethings been the norm for so long then people will complain when that gets changed, i guarantee if yoshi pet was like the way it is now from day one then there wouldn't be a single complaint.

Similar to this like what gooby said:

People will outrage in the instance of a removal of the trading post as its been the norm for so long and whats the alternative? A grand exchange so you cant see prices? or go back to the old ways with trading only through players? both options i dont think will change a whole lot. It will just go from people undercutting on the trading post to people undercutting over yell and with the GE options the undercuts will be much larger because with a community's eco being completely circled around gambling people want to sell "junk" items quick hence the undercutting with pretty much every low- mid tier items and even some of the less powerful epic pets.

I completely agree with a massive nerf to the afk-ability with pvm in the game as thats not beneficial to the eco or the playerbase as its just not fun (despite how some people act) with the majority pvming till they get something to gamble then chucking it, which makes the eco very volatile and prices will be based around ease to gamble and items that players can afk pvm with ie the high price of pvm pets like fortune genie and items like skotizo weapons and grand rings. Raids 1, raids 2 a buff to vorkath so many possibility that were a complete success on runex that i dont see why hasn't been implemented on spawnpk and it actually boggles the mind to why?

The new blood synthesis shop is literally the worst idea i've ever seen in term of rewards, high pay in for almost no pay out? needing to spend trills on to change the colour of your yells? which has been in the game for ages with commands and wasn't even removed with the update. Actually pathetic.

Something that would actually be beneficial to the community is implementing fun alternatives to the norm lms style mini games, raids etc

And something actually beneficial to the eco is making the great items GREAT again. Provide players reasons to have some of the lesser used items to actually have some use. whether that be content that requires players to use these items for BIS gear, or a dump that is actually worth dumping items for.

Agreed, Lze +1

Grand exchange idea sounds dope where the price would not be seen by anyone so results in heavy if not complete riddance of undercutting.

As for the ability to afk pvm, i'd love zones with multiples of each NPC, like 10 chaos elementals side by side so I can kill whatever I want wherever I want. This could easily be achieved with ::ezone ::ezone2 ::ezone3, ::vip ::vip2 ::vip3, ::sponsor ::sponsor2 ::sponsor3 , ::mythic ::mythic2 ::mythic3 and so on. Each zone with different multiple bosses and AFK would 100% go away. And in the event of auto clickers, this gives us an excuse to ban people and keep pvming honest work.

Blood synthesis is a cool concept, and I have no negative views on it. It was designed to be a cash sink and a pure cash sink to give cosmetic rewards. It's no different than enchanted pet accessory costing 1875 blood diamonds, which at one point players would get when blood diamonds had hefty price tags up to 1b each. I will never have a problem with any cash sink because there is no such thing as "a ineffective cash sink". If any cash sink sinks 100b, 1T, 10T, that's 100% success rate at sinking and is EXACTLY what it was intended to do.

26 minutes ago, Doggy said:

This probably wouldn't be wanted by certain players but I feel a 55x2 gambler or something similar to dawntained's should be implemented because it would really make rich people have an ease to dispose their abundance of things, there's the occasional win but honestly keeping these items in the eco is just awful for it. this would definitely help maintain an amount or even make item(s) rarer causing them to rise in balance.

i think this would solve a LOT of problems. Gamble machines work like a damn charm to lower the eco.

Another temporary solution or event;

- A wishing well event where players with abundance of money can throw away big. Could even implement some sort of reward system to make it that every small donation gets something for it but the more you give the more you get. When i say "more you get" just know that it doesn't have to be something thats worth money. It could be as simple as an item that shows "Hey I donated to this" Like a helm or amulet or some wearable/followable item that changes shape/color/form the more you throw in the well. Or for example low donations could be a bronze medal type of amulet and really high donators get a custom amazing pet or something. (you could make the pet have 0 effect but perhaps allow players to use a different pet on it so that it takes on said pet his bonusses idk)

Solutin and very unity: fully grand exchange.

I know it's going to take a while but it is the only solution for the economy.

Hi I know the reason for this as well as the solution.

Problem(s) + Solutions(s)

1. Over time items become less scarce and prices go down. This is an issue with all RSPS and over time results in prices crashing. This is generally slowed(but not eliminated) if there is a lot of cash in the game and actively changing hands. On SPK the problem is inflated because of drop bonus increases and pets with 2x drop and ease of killing/afk pets. Meaning more items are in game, more prices drop. 
    1. Reduce drop rate increasing items
    2. Lower the ability to get some of these drops.. So its harder to get dinh drops from tekton at sponsor than in wilderness.
  2. On SPK, cash is often taken out of eco and it stays out. IE Ecos getting banned, ecos buying custom pets/items. 
    1. From now on, only use Bloodcore as foundation for customs. This way cash is put into game and items are taken out. More cash in game is better than more items. Players will stay longer trying to achieve goals like items than cash. 
  3. Most items on SPK are interlinked, drop in one will result in drop in other. Perfect example of this is divine.. Bonds crashed to 1.2b = $1.. What that means is ticket went to 6mea... Now that means that you can ALWAYS get a divine for 18b no matter what.. That is now its MAXIMUM PRICE because you can buy it from donator store for 3k tickets. Same for Korasi (which is only 2.5k tickets).. Having a max price of an item means you can always buy them and sell in tp... Alright so what? Well if there is so many divines and no one buying, you can start converting divines into blood diamonds.. That means you can buy blood diamond item and their prices go down (ugh dinh as an example).. Or just sell Blood diamonds for profit (And they have crashed to 400m ea.. + pvm drops for blood diamonds don't help or now with pure pking even more blood diamou nd).. That means you can buy blood diamonds straihgt from TP and buy items from blood diamond store for cheaper and sell them... Causing more items in game eventually causing price to decrease.
    1. Fix to this is hard. How to make Bond prices go up? How to make tickets go up? Solution is to sink for donator tickets and increase cost cost of some items like mystery chests (Which gamblers buy mostly, tax on gamblers basically).  Perhaps echest items that require donator tickets.
    2. Increase the value you get from bloodcore fusing blood diamond items with no sinks.. Sure setting elder to 25b is great, but that means elders will not go above 25b.
    3. Add lottery in bloodcore that requires very little bloodcores money, but has a very small chance to give you something good... And I mean very small chance.
    4. Dump some cash into ECO by buying out some of these bonds from a banned account?
  4. Undercutting in TP is a big problem but its just the free market. Setting miniumum prices for items like dragon claws will just MASS spam yell for items being sold cheaper.
    1. Maybe set a daily limit for putting an item in TP.. So you can't change prices of the same item so quickly.. Set it per UID in case people try to change accounts. Yeh you can still sell it off tp for cheaper but its better than removing TP.

Other issues discussed in Topic

1. Regarding blood-synthesis, I think it is a good idea but needs more work. I have basically put into eco 50k bags because I wanted to get custom yell tag.. And I have taken out a lot of crashing items like dinhs and divines and korasis and more. Yes it is for rich people but guess who can fix ecos? Ecos. It can be improved by adding things like lottery requiring less tokens with a slight chance of a good item. Even if the Bloodcore is removed, the "ecos" are still able to do all this custom stuff and have been for a while by just paying in Cash to Ryan.. But Cash staying in ECO is better than leaving eco. Items leaving eco though is better for eco because if you had 100b cash and cant buy divine means you will keep playing the game for longer as you have "goals" you want to achieve.
  2. Removing TP is a big no.. Adding G.E is a lot of work. Would prefer more content than time spent on G.E.. Adding "G.E" is not just as easy as like "Alright just spawn G.E".
  3. Eco Reset: Bye
  4. Ethereal? This is a great way to fix a lot of items. Perhaps Something like Blood-diamond Ethereal? Any item from blood diamond store as ethereal price? 

Tl;dr

SPK as a business will not survive if you can donate a little bit and have all the items you want or play for a week and can buy most items.. Prices for items NEED to be fixed or server will slowly die as more people leave than join. It will one day die anyway yes, but that process can be slowed.  More money for Ryan = More enjoyable experience for players = More players

As a gambler and probably one of the ECOs on the server, I can do a lot to fix this and have done so in the past but I have no incentive. I can buy out all the divines/dinhs (As an example) but to do what? Hold in bank? NTY. Profit? Yeh good luck selling 34 divines without causing prices to crash again + with more being added into eco by buying from donator store/mchests etc I can only make so much profit (18b MAX, causing them to crash back to 12b quickly). Maybe if I give you a shit load of divines give me a custom/untradable divine? Better a custom divine in eco than 100 divines in eco? The argument to this is untradable divine is too Overpowered.. But like if you can afford 100 divines already you can afford the most OP pets and items and are already too OP so 100% disagree.

Edited by Fp Me Noobs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Until game mechanics get completely fixed I don't have much to say for other problems.

Add a shop called "sell your goods here" where you can sell all your items for a set price, this price is an absolute minimum and will result in the price of a lot of items to go up, another suggestion is to add new pet fusions ofcourse, but in my opinion it would be smart to give those a certain chance to fail; like 70% chance on success.

3 hours ago, rated said:

Until game mechanics get completely fixed I don't have much to say for other problems.

Agreed, SpawnPK's combat is a mess but unique / fun.

4 hours ago, Fp Me Noobs said:

Hi I know the reason for this as well as the solution.

Problem(s) + Solutions(s)

1. Over time items become less scarce and prices go down. This is an issue with all RSPS and over time results in prices crashing. This is generally slowed(but not eliminated) if there is a lot of cash in the game and actively changing hands. On SPK the problem is inflated because of drop bonus increases and pets with 2x drop and ease of killing/afk pets. Meaning more items are in game, more prices drop. 
    1. Reduce drop rate increasing items
    2. Lower the ability to get some of these drops.. So its harder to get dinh drops from tekton at sponsor than in wilderness.
  2. On SPK, cash is often taken out of eco and it stays out. IE Ecos getting banned, ecos buying custom pets/items. 
    1. From now on, only use Bloodcore as foundation for customs. This way cash is put into game and items are taken out. More cash in game is better than more items. Players will stay longer trying to achieve goals like items than cash. 
  3. Most items on SPK are interlinked, drop in one will result in drop in other. Perfect example of this is divine.. Bonds crashed to 1.2b = $1.. What that means is ticket went to 6mea... Now that means that you can ALWAYS get a divine for 18b no matter what.. That is now its MAXIMUM PRICE because you can buy it from donator store for 3k tickets. Same for Korasi (which is only 2.5k tickets).. Having a max price of an item means you can always buy them and sell in tp... Alright so what? Well if there is so many divines and no one buying, you can start converting divines into blood diamonds.. That means you can buy blood diamond item and their prices go down (ugh dinh as an example).. Or just sell Blood diamonds for profit (And they have crashed to 400m ea.. + pvm drops for blood diamonds don't help or now with pure pking even more blood diamou nd).. That means you can buy blood diamonds straihgt from TP and buy items from blood diamond store for cheaper and sell them... Causing more items in game eventually causing price to decrease.
    1. Fix to this is hard. How to make Bond prices go up? How to make tickets go up? Solution is to sink for donator tickets and increase cost cost of some items like mystery chests (Which gamblers buy mostly, tax on gamblers basically).  Perhaps echest items that require donator tickets.
    2. Increase the value you get from bloodcore fusing blood diamond items with no sinks.. Sure setting elder to 25b is great, but that means elders will not go above 25b.
    3. Add lottery in bloodcore that requires very little bloodcores money, but has a very small chance to give you something good... And I mean very small chance.
    4. Dump some cash into ECO by buying out some of these bonds from a banned account?
  4. Undercutting in TP is a big problem but its just the free market. Setting miniumum prices for items like dragon claws will just MASS spam yell for items being sold cheaper.
    1. Maybe set a daily limit for putting an item in TP.. So you can't change prices of the same item so quickly.. Set it per UID in case people try to change accounts. Yeh you can still sell it off tp for cheaper but its better than removing TP.

Other issues discussed in Topic

1. Regarding blood-synthesis, I think it is a good idea but needs more work. I have basically put into eco 50k bags because I wanted to get custom yell tag.. And I have taken out a lot of crashing items like dinhs and divines and korasis and more. Yes it is for rich people but guess who can fix ecos? Ecos. It can be improved by adding things like lottery requiring less tokens with a slight chance of a good item. Even if the Bloodcore is removed, the "ecos" are still able to do all this custom stuff and have been for a while by just paying in Cash to Ryan.. But Cash staying in ECO is better than leaving eco. Items leaving eco though is better for eco because if you had 100b cash and cant buy divine means you will keep playing the game for longer as you have "goals" you want to achieve.
  2. Removing TP is a big no.. Adding G.E is a lot of work. Would prefer more content than time spent on G.E.. Adding "G.E" is not just as easy as like "Alright just spawn G.E".
  3. Eco Reset: Bye
  4. Ethereal? This is a great way to fix a lot of items. Perhaps Something like Blood-diamond Ethereal? Any item from blood diamond store as ethereal price? 

Tl;dr

SPK as a business will not survive if you can donate a little bit and have all the items you want or play for a week and can buy most items.. Prices for items NEED to be fixed or server will slowly die as more people leave than join. It will one day die anyway yes, but that process can be slowed.  More money for Ryan = More enjoyable experience for players = More players

As a gambler and probably one of the ECOs on the server, I can do a lot to fix this and have done so in the past but I have no incentive. I can buy out all the divines/dinhs (As an example) but to do what? Hold in bank? NTY. Profit? Yeh good luck selling 34 divines without causing prices to crash again + with more being added into eco by buying from donator store/mchests etc I can only make so much profit (18b MAX, causing them to crash back to 12b quickly). Maybe if I give you a shit load of divines give me a custom/untradable divine? Better a custom divine in eco than 100 divines in eco? The argument to this is untradable divine is too Overpowered.. But like if you can afford 100 divines already you can afford the most OP pets and items and are already too OP so 100% disagree.

Absolute G.O.A.T. this is a good analysis of the situation

4 hours ago, metal justin said:

i think this would solve a LOT of problems. Gamble machines work like a damn charm to lower the eco.

Another temporary solution or event;

- A wishing well event where players with abundance of money can throw away big. Could even implement some sort of reward system to make it that every small donation gets something for it but the more you give the more you get. When i say "more you get" just know that it doesn't have to be something thats worth money. It could be as simple as an item that shows "Hey I donated to this" Like a helm or amulet or some wearable/followable item that changes shape/color/form the more you throw in the well. Or for example low donations could be a bronze medal type of amulet and really high donators get a custom amazing pet or something. (you could make the pet have 0 effect but perhaps allow players to use a different pet on it so that it takes on said pet his bonusses idk)

This guy is onto a suggestion i've wanted for so long, a well of some sort where players can dump items / bags (maybe in a cycle, better the sink, better the incentive) to get SERVER-WIDE rewards like x2 drops for 1 hour or something like that. We could pinpoint the items we need to sink to directly correlate with the concerns within the economy, and get rid of them this way. Yes it's possible that the problem could grow worse with x2 drops at tekton for everyone, but it would be a chance and if we place a proper timer on the x2 drops, we wouldn't see many drops as they wouldn't have enough time to come in. This also helps new players as the community comes together for one common goal

I agree that the Bloodcore Token Synthesis was a really awesome idea but so many of the rewards are just not achievable by your average SPK player.  I'd love to have a yell tag but I'd have to legit break my bank at even a chance. With that being said it was really nice for the "eco holders" as Fp Me Noobs stated above. I don't think that's bad but having something more realistically achievable may work a little more efficiently? 

In my opinion removing the TP would result in more often new players getting scammed because of not knowing prices of items, sure it may sound weird getting scammed in 2k19 but it does happen :P. The idea of adding a G.E in which players can not see the other offers would hopefully fix the issue of people consistently undercutting prices on the TP resulting in the eco crash. With that being said to add a G.E in that fashion there would have to be a "Set price" on items which sure could fluctuate based on activity in the G.E but I'm not very familiar with this system so I will leave it at that.

As a Pvm'er I 100% LOVE the idea of more interactive boss's entering the game. It's nice spawning a monster and watching t.v just pressing the heart every 30 seconds, but it gets rather stale rather quickly. I've enjoyed Tevin's idea of adding in Raids 1 and 2. Not only with this add new elements of pvm to the game this would give pvm clans (such as mine) something to do together to build more community because as of right now there isnt really any boss that one can not kill solo. I really dont think it should end there though. There a lot of genuinely fun monster's to kill on OSRS one of my favorite being Demonic Gorilla's. I feel that Spawnpk has really missed the mark implementing this monster.

2 minutes ago, Phenomenon said:

This guy is onto a suggestion i've wanted for so long, a well of some sort where players can dump items / bags (maybe in a cycle, better the sink, better the incentive) to get SERVER-WIDE rewards like x2 drops for 1 hour or something like that. We could pinpoint the items we need to sink to directly correlate with the concerns within the economy, and get rid of them this way. Yes it's possible that the problem could grow worse with x2 drops at tekton for everyone, but it would be a chance and if we place a proper timer on the x2 drops, we wouldn't see many drops as they wouldn't have enough time to come in. This also helps new players as the community comes together for one common goal

i suppose thats an idea aswell.

but instead of 2x drops make it like a server wide 1.5x drop rate

other ones couldbe 

- double blood money 

- increased stattuete drops

- some sort of new boss spawn with unique rares and every one that fites it gets something

Only problem with this it wouldn't be a consistent sink so to say.

with what i suggested u could chug trills in a minute. If you go with a server wide well that would be lets say 500bil for 1/few hours of some sort of boost then im sure people would be less likely to put items.

to add to this, id say make the items "worth a lot" in the well. F.E korasi always counts as 15b, elder maul 20b etc. that way if an item is lower in price than it gives in the well you'll feel like you're gaining on it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saltysadface said:

As a Pvm'er I 100% LOVE the idea of more interactive boss's entering the game. It's nice spawning a monster and watching t.v just pressing the heart every 30 seconds, but it gets rather stale rather quickly. I've enjoyed Tevin's idea of adding in Raids 1 and 2. I feel that Spawnpk has really missed the mark implementing this monster.

Make SpawnPK Great again

1 minute ago, saltysadface said:

I agree that the Bloodcore Token Synthesis was a really awesome idea but so many of the rewards are just not achievable by your average SPK player.  I'd love to have a yell tag but I'd have to legit break my bank at even a chance. With that being said it was really nice for the "eco holders" as Fp Me Noobs stated above. I don't think that's bad but having something more realistically achievable may work a little more efficiently? 

Correct, my argument was not that it needs to be obtainable for EVERYONE, but at least for 30% of the server (players that are medium to higher class), like damn it's ONLY available to eco holders. I will be honest, I have the privilege to get these items for update analysis videos and future advertisement purposes, but there's no way in hell i'd sink my bank for those even though i could afford it. Too much of a sink