Ryan

[Official] Yoshi mechanic alternatives

[Official] Yoshi mechanic alternatives  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Should we change the Yoshi to a "looting bag" mechanic rather than charging?

• Yes, yoshi should auto-grab items like before, but currency should be stored in it's "looting bag" which is risked on death. No more charging!
    • Keep it as it is with BM charging, but if the pet is uncharged it will send items to your inventory rather than bank
    • Revert yoshi back to how it was, without any charging or new limitations

After the latest update, we've noticed criticism toward the recent "yoshi charging" update.

Recently @lzerraptorz proposed a great alternative on the Suggestions board:

Yoshi pet will auto-grab all loot like before (without requiring charge) except for currency (coins, bm, etc.). Currency will be stored in its "looting bag" which is risked on death. You can withdraw yoshi's currency pickups in a safe zone or at the bank!

Here's the original quote:

What i propose is that the yoshi should have been changed to act almost like a looting bag where currency drops such as Coins, blood money, vote tickets and donator tickets would be stored on the yoshi while in the wilderness instead of being sent directly to the bank however non currency drops would be sent directly to the bank making the average pvmer and a pvmer using a yoshi pretty much risk the same, however the yoshi would add that convenience of picking up all your drops as it should. Upon killing a pvmer with a yoshi the player would receive all the currency drops the yoshi picked up instead of players needing to pay pretty minuscule amounts just to get the use out of a pet. Like the looting bag there would be an option while in the bank where you can open the yoshi and deposit all the drops it has collected. (just a small idea that would actually remedy the issue with the yoshi).

The only real positive i can see from the yoshi changes is the price of blood money has rose, however I feel that this is probably because merchers are buying out blood money to exploit the fact that its now a consumable currency similar to whether a new blood perk is added meaning the price will slowly decrease as time goes on making it not really a long term change.

Let us know what you think!

Thanks,
Ryan

i feel like it should stay as it is but I think that in wildy it should still place items into your inventory but use charges for putting things into the bank, now without extra bm in wildy Yoshi is useless

The banking feature should be removed entirely and loot should only be sent to your inventory, or into a yoshis looting bag feature which would be risked on death.

PvM in the wilderness needs to have risk associated with it.

I disagree with changing yoshi at all. This is a custom server and it's been like that for ages. Let's not mess up whats good already ples

I vote for the yoshi to be the way it was

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Juicehyyy said:

i feel like it should stay as it is but I think that in wildy it should still place items into your inventory but use charges for putting things into the bank, now without extra bm in wildy Yoshi is useless

3 minutes ago, shawty said:

The banking feature should be removed entirely and loot should only be sent to your inventory, or into a yoshis looting bag feature which would be risked on death.

PvM in the wilderness needs to have risk associated with it.

Thanks for your feedback!

Although we already got about 13 poll submissions, I modified Option #2 in reflection of these suggestions.

2 minutes ago, x that said:

are they going to do anything with the purple comp cape?

What do you mean homie? What should they do with it?

How about the Yoshi will act as a looting bag etc UNLESS it's charged then it works how it used to work. It's an amazing pet and really overpowered if you think about it.

3 minutes ago, Doggy said:

How about the Yoshi will act as a looting bag etc UNLESS it's charged then it works how it used to work. It's an amazing pet and really overpowered if you think about it.

I say this is a pretty good suggestion

The poll is unintentionally skewed in favor of keeping the yoshi, not sure if anyone else noticed it. If for example 35 people pick the currency to lootbag option, 25 people the keep charging but send to invo option and say 40 pick the revert back.. That will show us reverting it back to before as winning but yet only 40/100 want it back and the other 60% (25+35) do not want it reverted it back.

For example I picked "Keep it as it is with BM charging, but if the pet is uncharged it will send items to your inventory rather than bank" however I'd rather pick the currency to lootbag option rather than revert back.

Perhaps only consider reverting back if the amount wanting reverting back is greather than 50% of the poll.
Edited by Fp Me Noobs

poll option #3 shouldn't be a poll option.

This is like the whole void thing on osrs. It's needed for the balance of the game so it HAS to change. Just let us vote on HOW it should be changed instead.

• Like 1

It's honestly sad to think that one of the best updates is going to be ruined by PvM'ers truthfully this shouldn't be a polled questioned. It should be a look as how to fix yoshis. With bosses being able to be killed in donator areas this poll literally is fucking stupid, cause as it stands little to no people do wilderness pvm anyways. Thanks to DZ, EZ and the rest of the ranks. Items like elemental spec weapons go down in price because of them being dropped in game or the detrimental updates that come to them. (Rip Ele C-bow) If you want yoshi to be not OP but still relevant make it like a looting bag on it's own where it keeps stuff on the yoshi like a pak yak, but loses everything in it's pouch on death. The yoshi should still be allowed to pick up items with BM charges but you should get more rewards from killing pvmers. To think everytime someone kills a PvM they always ask "why" and say "We get no loot." which is a disgusting idea and a off putting example of why yoshi's are to op in game. Also extended NPC spawn timers would be a good update for Donator Zones.

Edited by Admiin
  • Like 1

i think yoshi should be reverted back to normal. simply because yoshi was the only item that enabled begining players to build a bank when they are not good at pvp. For example for people like myself who absolutely suck ass at pking the yoshi gave me a way to build back my losses from being smited or loosing items. without the yoshi beging game is ruined for anyone trying to join the server and start fresh that cant use pvp as a money making option.

Revert it back to how it was...there’s a reason that it’s 40B. Most drops are stackable and take up 3 inv spaces MAX, so there’s no need for it to act as a looting bag.

give the people what they want!!!!

• Like 1

Reverting it back to the way it was would be cancerous.

While it's convenient for PvM, it detriments both the economy and pking (everywhere but edge). What's the point of implementing deep wildy or wildy bosses which have increased drop tables based on the fact they're in wildy if there is no incentive for pkers to hunt them down as everything is just deposited into their banks. I know it's become a meme and all, but it's so frustrating how Spawnpk has become so PvM-based. 

Reverting it to the way it was would further disrupt the relationship between PvM and PvP, the server is already very PvM-based with d-zones and fucken skotizo items which insta-kill monsters.

4 hours ago, reeeeeeeeeee said:

fucken skotizo items which insta-kill monsters.

My skotizo pet insta-stuns you, pet.

Inb4 I kill u m2

14 hours ago, reeeeeeeeeee said:

Reverting it back to the way it was would be cancerous.

While it's convenient for PvM, it detriments both the economy and pking (everywhere but edge). What's the point of implementing deep wildy or wildy bosses which have increased drop tables based on the fact they're in wildy if there is no incentive for pkers to hunt them down as everything is just deposited into their banks. I know it's become a meme and all, but it's so frustrating how Spawnpk has become so PvM-based. 

Reverting it to the way it was would further disrupt the relationship between PvM and PvP, the server is already very PvM-based with d-zones and fucken skotizo items which insta-kill monsters.

i very much disagree. if the wilderness drop tables were a bit more balanced then it would make sense to have charges but when you have to grind for thousands of kills to get a 1/125 drop or the only drop of that monster that is worth anything is is over 1/1000 kills and even at that it isnt guarenteed, you have to think if everyone was on the same playing field aka reset eco, then it would make sense because then you wouldent have players in the economy with trillions and some players barely able to make a buck. with the fact that there are so many hard hitting weapons alot of pvmers stand no chance if they are a new player and cant afford hard core pvp gear to counter the people who are attacking them with insane amounts of money in gear and prods. For example in the right gear you can litterally 1 spec someone in cursed obby with a dragon sword with stuff like that how can a wildy pvmer tank 20 to 30 levels to save their 100m in drops they have aquired.

An alternative would be to make Yoshi with the following features:

- Autoloot Pvm drops

- Autoloot Pvp drops only if charged

• Like 1

Possibly make it so that yoshi can be charged but the charges are a pvm drop and need to be used everytime you trade the pet - for instance if you lend it to a mate you need to then get another charge to use the yoshi - almost like the easter egg charges however these are untradeable.

Not too sure about this myself but its just a suggestion.

I see it as a great idea but it really seems like the players of Spk want it back to how it used to be. 

Bm (blood money) didn’t raise until I bought it all from tp and lost it on magic chest. Before I did that it stayed at around 3.7-4.2m ea. Yoshi have had 0 effect on the bm currency since it was changed.

It's unsettling to see people so clung to the idea of getting 50-100 bm more per kill at the risk of killing an awesome pet that was loved by many in the game. Bring the old Yoshi back the poll already won once.