Sign in to follow this  
Phenomenon

A revolutionary suggestion for SpawnPK

PLEASE NOTE: This is just a thought and will not take effect for a long time, this is more-so a push come to shove type of implementation.

The Economy:

• As you guys know, the economy has gone to crap. Elder Maul prices have plummeted to about 25B with over 20 of them in the trading post as we speak. In addition to this, Kodai Wands are 4B, Twisted Bows are 45B, Dinh's Bulwarks 35B, and there are 100's of these in the economy.
  • I believe the reasoning for this is the boss Tekton, and the fact that sponsor donators can AFK this boss and kill it so easily. Regardless of how some of you might feel, it is quite undeniable that this is a concerning statistic and something needs to be done.

My alternative for this is very simple.

• We need to rework the way these items are distributed but do it in a way that does not hurt the boss Tekton, keeping sponsor donators content with their rank and it's perks. We also need more content on SpawnPK so what i propose is that we strip Tekton of all of it's Raid items (Twisted Bow, Elder Maul, Dinhs, Kodai) AND REPLACE IT with something just as equally good. New items that can be implemented into the game with custom stats and useful perks, one of the things i had in mind is Tekton Armor.

87183b10f4560bd7d63d27dadd36fa4d.png

This new Tekton armor can have the same stats as Torva armor, but each piece gives an additional +1 in strength bonus, maybe even offering a new max hit. This is not only balanced (not overpowered customs), but also gives us a new BIS melee setup.

What will happen to the Raids Items?

• The answer is simple. While this may be a PvP server, we need to still pay attention to our PvMers and satisfy their needs. Right now they are extremely bored because all they really have to do is sit around in a zone and AFK until they good a good drop. We need more interactive content with good enough incentive to keep them coming back, but also something that won't keep them bored. We need to implement Raids I and II and offer the items (and new items) throughout this new circuit of bosses (PvM)
  • Items i had in mind would be Justiciar drops for Raids II, G. Rapier, Scythe Of Vitur, Twisted Bow, Elder Maul, Kodai Wand, Dinh's Bulwark with appropriate drop rates. Raids I and II should not be AFKable by any means and you should always be on the move, constantly interacting with your screen similar to the vorkath boss.
  • In addition to this, i believe we should implement some new pets such as the Great Olm (effects for this will be great, and should come later).

Why is this a good idea?

• This is a good idea due to the fact that it would not only help stabilize the economy (in conjunction to other sinks that may be implemented on future updates), But it provides a wide variety of content for people to enjoy when you are bored of your typical day on SpawnPK.
  • Raids I has a wide variety of bosses, they consist of: Tekton, Vespula, Vanguard, Ice Demon, Muttadiles, Vasa Nistirio, Great Olm
  • Raids II has a wide variety of bosses, they consist of: The Maiden of Sugadinti, Pestilent Bloat, Nylocas Vasilias, Sotetseg, Xarpus, Verzik Vitur.
  • Raids I and II are already on Ryan's second server, RuneX and should be easy to code.

ADDRESSING MISCONCEPTIONS:

• Some might argue that taking raids I and II items out from their respective bosses / methods of obtainment might cause these weapons to become non-existent. I am here to contradict that argument by stating the fact that these items can still be obtained via Mystery items (Mystery Chest), and an even higher percentage if you open a blood chest. I would also like to counter this argument by stating there are well over 200 twisted bows in the economy, 100 elder mauls in the economy, 100 kodai wands in the economy, and 100 dinhs in the economy and this is post-ethereal contest for 3 of the 4 weapons listed. They won't become scarce in any way shape or form.

In addition to this, i made a suggestion for the upcoming update: https://spawnpk.net/forums/index.php?/topic/17618-suggestions-for-next-update-bug-fixes-combat-etc

• What i believe SpawnPK could really use is some spicy new PvP content and even PvM / Skilling incentives that aren't too hard to implement.
  • What i came up with was TzHaar Fight Pits (also known as last man standing apparently) for PvP
  • 200M Capes, Infernal Pickaxe / Axe Buff, Skilling Task Bottle rework Skilling Pets (give these some profit incentives)
  • Inferno / Fight caves

The Inferno:

• While i believe Wildywyrm having the infernal cape is fine since it's rarely ever seen as a drop, i do believe there should be another way to obtain the Infernal Cape - But not promised to receive it every single time. I believe you should have a 5% chance (just like the Doppelganger Pet) To receive an infernal cape for completing the Inferno. It would be coded just like OSRS and shouldn't be difficult for anyone to do with the amount of customs we have on SpawnPK. In addition to this, i think we should implement some badass pets and and Tokuul shop that you can get exclusive items by collecting a certain amount. These pets would have great perks. I'll leave it up to you guys if you'd like to see Infernal Capes removed from Wildywyrm, it wouldn't hurt as we have TONS in the economy anyways and stones went from 750B to 300B.

JAD WAVES:

• So obviously JAD doesn't really have a place on SpawnPK especially if there's no incentive to it.
  • My solution for this would be to once again add a Tokuul shop where you can get cool, new , exclusive items with great perks by obtaining a certain amount.
  • On top of this, there's what? Like 61-62 waves you have to go through In order to finish the fight caves? The JAD pet should also be a rare (20%) chance (1/5) with some really great effects. We already have the Frost Jad Pet, how cool would it be to fuse that pet with the JAD pet (maybe something strong that based on range and then fuse it with Frost Jad's Magic perk)
  • In addition to this, some new items should be implemented to make this useful.
  • The whole point of The Inferno and JAD would not be just the new items / pet's it might come with, it would be highly interactive content where you are always on the move, you cannot AFK these types of bosses. Players would not be bored of AFK-PvMing, the economy's most treasured items would be restored to stable prices, And the rewards you can get from it are absolute kickass. These are long time suggestions and probably won't come right away, but i think these are good fixes we can definitely start taking note of.

Closing Points:

Also i know it's inevitable, but try to refrain from leaving non-constructive comments on this thread. I understand it's a PvP server and we should be focusing on fixing the flaws we have with the combat system etc, but we have to think about our player-base as a whole. Unless you can provide a valid argument as to why these suggestions should not be implemented, you will most likely be ignored by the community and the motion shall carry. If this is a bad idea, i would like valid proof as to why that is so we can abort-mission.

• Like 1

i feel like the holiday events have hurt the eco as well.. all of the mystery boxes and stuff coming in. I think we should try doing different events

Totally agree with this ! As someone who is shit at pking, more bosses with cool custom armour and weapons is always a good thing in my eyes. I really wish most of the cool content from Runex was in SPK (cursed caverns, that mummy place etc) 

"My alternative for this is very simple.

• We need to rework the way these items are distributed but do it in a way that does not hurt the boss Tekton, keeping sponsor donators content with their rank and it's perks. We also need more content on SpawnPK so what i propose is that we strip Tekton of all of it's Raid items (Twisted Bow, Elder Maul, Dinhs, Kodai) AND REPLACE IT with something just as equally good. New items that can be implemented into the game with custom stats and useful perks, one of the things i had in mind is Tekton Armor."

Will not support any type of custom armour or weapons coming into this server. Everytime we get some kinda new custom item it is either:

A) broken as fuck and either hits really stupidly high with no monetary risk value

B) worthless as fuck and is just another useless peice of custom trash 

Most of you will think that's no big deal but why waste time on this custom garbage when there is so many broken things about this server that has needed attention for so long yet @Ryan, seems to love to feed these p2w and pvmer kids out of his hand. 

Better idea for a sink/ solution to this problem:

A) hold more ethereal contest for those items 

B) triple the rates for the rare drops (raid one items) on the tekton spawners at sponsor and mythic. If you wanna pvm in peace with 60-80% drop rate, you should at least have to work for the drops. If you want quick drops go into the dead wilderness and kill the boss.

"The Inferno:

• While i believe Wildywyrm having the infernal cape is fine since it's rarely ever seen as a drop, i do believe there should be another way to obtain the Infernal Cape - But not promised to receive it every single time. I believe you should have a 5% chance (just like the Doppelganger Pet) To receive an infernal cape for completing the Inferno. It would be coded just like OSRS and shouldn't be difficult for anyone to do with the amount of customs we have on SpawnPK. In addition to this, i think we should implement some badass pets and and Tokuul shop that you can get exclusive items by collecting a certain amount. These pets would have great perks. I'll leave it up to you guys if you'd like to see Infernal Capes removed from Wildywyrm, it wouldn't hurt as we have TONS in the economy anyways and stones went from 750B to 300B."

Would love to see the Inferno be implemented into spawnpk, just for a different kinda challenge for people to attempt who are getting bored of the regular routine, but a few suggestions to this:

1) mabey increase the chance from 5% to 10-15% as it would be harder for people who might not be good at stuff like that.

2) Make it so you have to be on a slayer task or make wildyworm drop teleport scrolls (1/100 drop rate or something) so it can't just be farmed for infernal stones and makes wildyworm still a viable boss 

3) no pets aloud in the infernal, with the amount of custom pets we have ingame it would make the inferno less of a challenge, especially with pets like mini me shadow pet doppelganger and so on.

JAD WAVES:

• So obviously JAD doesn't really have a place on SpawnPK especially if there's no incentive to it.
  • My solution for this would be to once again add a Tokuul shop where you can get cool, new , exclusive items with great perks by obtaining a certain amount.
  • On top of this, there's what? Like 61-62 waves you have to go through In order to finish the fight caves? The JAD pet should also be a rare (20%) chance (1/5) with some really great effects. We already have the Frost Jad Pet, how cool would it be to fuse that pet with the JAD pet (maybe something strong that based on range and then fuse it with Frost Jad's Magic perk)
  • In addition to this, some new items should be implemented to make this useful.
  • The whole point of The Inferno and JAD would not be just the new items / pet's it might come with, it would be highly interactive content where you are always on the move, you cannot AFK these types of bosses. Players would not be bored of AFK-PvMing, the economy's most treasured items would be restored to stable prices, And the rewards you can get from it are absolute kickass. These are long time suggestions and probably won't come right away, but i think these are good fixes we can definitely start taking note of."

would love some sort of fight caves for people to challenge them selves with spawnpks unquie combat and the options of being able to change our combat level, mabey make a leaderboards for fastest time completed or lowest combat level completed make it a bit of a challenge for people to wanna test there limits to be #1 on the leaderboards. Another suggestion since fire cape is spawnable mabey make a fire cape (i) and you can gamble it for a chance at the jad pet (1/200) gamble rate or something.

@Phenomenon