Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

Food/eating attack delay

Food & attack delays  

33 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Bring back the original eating attack delay?

• Yes, bring back the old mechanic
    • No, keep it as is

Cast your votes!

Poll closed, thank you to everyone who voted!

After hearing you guys out, we'll work on implementing a favorable "middle ground" that will be more relative to SpawnPK's style of gameplay.

Until then, the original mechanic prior to November 2nd has been re-added.

Stay tuned!

No, keep it as it is.

• Allowing players to attack while eating is the dumbest concept i've ever heard, especially players with overpowered gear.
  • It is an RS tradition (whether you are Pre-EOC, or OSRS) that when you eat, there is a delay in which you can attack your opponent again.
  • You will not find one RSPS that doesn't have this mechanic.
  • This shouldn't even be looked at as an option to revert it, it was a bug in the combat system and that's why so many players quit / complain because of improper things that never get fixed.

This got fixed, leave it the way it is or else SpawnPK will just become BrokenPK again.

The overall goal is to make it fair for all players, and not just pay 2 win.

4 minutes ago, Phenomenon said:

No, keep it as it is.

• Allowing players to attack while eating is the dumbest concept i've ever heard, especially players with overpowered gear.
  • It is an RS tradition (whether you are Pre-EOC, or OSRS) that when you eat, there is a delay in which you can attack your opponent again.
  • This shouldn't even be looked at as an option to revert it, it was a bug in the combat system and that's why so many players quit / complain because of improper things that never get fixed.

This got fixed, leave it the way it is.

People who don't play OSRS (aka 95% of spawnpk players) will find it very difficult to adjust to this new delay. Leave it as it is, this is a custom server not OSRS. If someone wants an 07 like server they can go find one.

P.S Ryan please make dark Ankou tradeable, here's my thread :) https://spawnpk.net/forums/index.php?/topic/16116-tourney-store-items/

2 minutes ago, Max Avon said:

People who don't play OSRS (aka 95% of spawnpk players) will find it very difficult to adjust to this new delay. Leave it as it is, this is a custom server not OSRS. If someone wants an 07 like server they can go find one.

P.S Ryan please make dark Ankou tradeable, here's my thread :)https://spawnpk.net/forums/index.php?/topic/16116-tourney-store-items/

I barely play OSRS and i was able to adjust to both OSRS delays and SpawnPK delays prior to the update, it's not that bad.

Change it back please, update the damn achievements/dailys please. Add something new that attracts new players and brings players to wildy?

If everything was made like oldschool, i'd play real oldschool
I like this game cause its fast paced and fun combat, 
if someone in torva/zbow came to fight me at edge i would non stop eating and i wouldn't be able to attack him once
which makes torva etc unkillable.

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, nopid said:

if someone in torva/zbow came to fight me at edge i would non stop eating and i wouldn't be able to attack him once

You make a valid point, but so do i as well in my quote:

35 minutes ago, Phenomenon said:

No, keep it as it is.

•  Allowing players to attack while eating is the dumbest concept i've ever heard, especially players with overpowered gear.
  •  It is an RS tradition (whether you are Pre-EOC, or OSRS) that when you eat, there is a delay in which you can attack your opponent again.

This got fixed, leave it the way it is or else SpawnPK will just become BrokenPK again.

I think there needs to be some sort of middle-ground that acts as a compromise for both playing styles. Trust me, I am not pro-OSRS at all, in fact, i'm decent at it at best. I just want proper mechanics and this recent update is proper mechanics.

Amen to what @nopid said. This "Make SPK like OSRS" bus isn't making SPK any better. The whole reason people play RSPS is because of the unique and custom content a server has to offer than OSRS/RS3 don't offer. Go ahead and google any of the rsps top lists and see how many are "osrs like" and are nothing but pure 317 osrs content with little to no customs, something that is completely different than here.

That list is endless, and it's clear to see that there are more successful servers out there with higher playerbases than us that do those types of things. A lot of people seem to think "make spk like osrs", but in fact that's the opposite they would do.

What's the point of playing an osrs like server if people can just go play osrs? People see SPK and see cool content and different things to do, and no one sticks around because we got 317 content like "oh shit they got zulrah let's stay here" or "oh shit they got tamed cerb?! let's stay on spk". People stick around when they see custom weapons like elemental crossbow, or pets that help you PK like a blood berserker. You won't find either of those on a osrs-like server, and if you think converting SPK 3 years in to make it more "osrs-like" when a bunch of servers have been doing it for years and much better than us is going to be a good thing, you got a bus load of "fuck you thought" coming your way.

This isnt osrs, bring it back to what we're all used to. Also, fix venge so it works on the same tick you cast it 0k

Edited by i pk 4 sex

That is insane. Please don't change it back to that. This a Runescape Private Server with Runescape mechanics. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

No, keep it as it is.

I miss the old spk where shit was more accurate and it was more fast paced and fun. So i'm all for bringing back old SPK mechanics which made it unique and idk man when i played back in the day with these old mechanics there were a lot more risk fighters then there is today.

48 minutes ago, Bread Unban said:

I miss the old spk where shit was more accurate and it was more fast paced and fun. So i'm all for bringing back old SPK mechanics which made it unique and idk man when i played back in the day with these old mechanics there were a lot more risk fighters then there is today.

^ I'm with what we were about back in march. Add dailys - achievements for the new skotizo cave, Add something to generate revenue similar to the h'ween event but have it be like a server event. I feel like simple things are missing that could spice things up and bring some different fun to the game. Doesn't have to be the same ol' praying for a drop at tekton playing for two days to get 2 donator mboxes. Can  choose to go do something else and know you're going to generate a profit.

Even though i voted to keep the eating delay on SpawnPK, majority rules and that much cannot be denied:

bb308c71ebdb9c6accca773111649020.png

@Ryan I'd say it's safe to say players want the old mechanic back and we should revert it ASAP.

16 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

No, keep it as it is.

Agreed keep it as it is.

How about some middle ground? I think the old delay was far too broken allowing you to eat and attack too fast, especially those using range to meele combos. However, with the new system I feel like there might be slightly too much delay, as if my attack should go through a tick or two earlier than it does. Maybe just find the middle of the two and keep some delay, just not as much as current. 

• Like 1

keep it the way it is. we have too many op weps and too many rushers. this just makes it easier for them. please do not vote yes

• Like 1

21 hours ago, nopid said:

^^ More or less this ^^. 

I'm all for correct game mechanics, but It's possible to to 100% steamroll fights right now because of OP gear+SS. Poor torsomen are getting destroyed.

Food delay is something that needs groundwork before being implemented, there's parts of SPK combat system that don't currently work with it. I hope this is something that can be worked around in the future.

please revert it back, it's way too long as a delay. Also can you fix veng? it vengs like a tick late and you miss so many kills.

Edited by Tittysuck15

Thanks @Phenomenon for taking the communities opinion over something you believe in and despite what you think should be done supporting your players, that right there is one of the many reasons you are admin no one would even come close to deserving that job. Thanks for all you do man. 

It needs to be either back to how it was or in between. This is because now in no arm tournaments, pure tournaments, f2p tournies, once your opponent is low hp if you prod an ags or rune 2h or any high dps weapon they cant fight back and thats retarded. I prodded ags on my opponent when i was down 11 food and won a no arm tourny because he couldnt hit me back cause the delay was so bad i could whack 2x before he could hit me again and he had to eat again by that point.

In edge this is also troublesome because spawnables already had a disadvantage against ppl like me in max gear and now you are making it even harder for the average and new players to pk against higher tier gear, where it used to be that their lower risk made fighting higher risk worth it now its just nearly impossible for spawnables to kill defence gear. It was so noticeable that yesterday i got 205 kills with 3 separate 40+ ks's which is above average for the time that i played.

You guys have been heard out.

Thank you for casting your votes!

We have hot-fixed the server back to the original (old) mechanic.