Sign in to follow this  
Bowflexxx

Malevelent battle mage? New mage arena boss?

People have been saying they want more single zone bosses. I like how bloodwyrm works with wildywyrm. If we could add a similar mechanic + boss to battle mages it would spice up an already "high risk high reward" area. A 1/X chance on spawn after NPC kill would spawn the boss.

The loot WONT be able to be autobanked because of mage arena restrictions. And you can't instantly tele out of mage arena with aliens due to restrictions.

Once the boss is killed, have the boss potentially inflict magic sickness for a short period of time to increase the risk for the person killing the boss/the reward for the pker.

Drops could include but not be limited to:
•Magic tokens at a greater rate (with the multiplier based off of higher risk. 5k being the 'cap')
•God shards at a higher rate than current battle mages
•God staffs (e)? Cast the current god spells with a bonus to those spells. Or we could completely disregard these and make this be the introduction of Armadyl battlestaff + Armadyl spells
•New pet(s)?
With this addition we could also add this new boss' spawn scroll to the current drop table of battle mages.

I like the idea but with other wild bosses rather then mage arena, due to the fact In my opinion mage arena can be bad enough to get tokens for wilderness cape, specially if people are not in a clan, this effects newer players and benefits richer players and players in clans in my opinion, other bosses I think would be better in my opinion.

Edited by norisk

40 minutes ago, Bowflexxx said:

People have been saying they want more single zone bosses. I like how bloodwyrm works with wildywyrm. If we could add a similar mechanic + boss to battle mages it would spice up an already "high risk high reward" area. A 1/X chance on spawn after NPC kill would spawn the boss.

The loot WONT be able to be autobanked because of mage arena restrictions. And you can't instantly tele out of mage arena with aliens due to restrictions.

Once the boss is killed, have the boss potentially inflict magic sickness for a short period of time to increase the risk for the person killing the boss/the reward for the pker.

•Magic tokens at a greater rate (with the multiplier based off of higher risk. 5k being the 'cap')
•God staffs (e)? Cast the current god spells with a bonus to those spells. Or we could completely disregard these and make this be the introduction of Armadyl battlestaff + Armadyl spells
•New pet(s)?
With this addition we could also add this new boss' spawn scroll to the current drop table of battle mages.

I love it, I prefer the god staffs (e) over armadyl battlestaff. +1

On 10/24/2018 at 10:06 AM, Bowflexxx said:

Doesn't sound appealing that you can summon this boss with a scroll and with the fact that this is singles someone could just box you while another partner can take the boss away from you. Singles boss is really risky business considering a whole lot can happen to prevent one person from attacking the boss. Given you also can't box for an extraordinary amount of time(anything past 7 minutes is beyond what I allowed when staff), really narrows you down to "pray for first hit" and get boss aggro.

For the magic sickness how long would this be? This sounds OP due to the fact you can't use alien to teleport and yoshi won't loot your stuff. I imagine freezers will be all around you regardless, and you'll need to loot your stuff(sent to inv if yoshi is used) and try to make it out. Sounds like hardcore risk for something your essentially "giving to pkers".

On 10/24/2018 at 10:06 AM, Bowflexxx said:

•New pet(s)?

Now the magic tokens sound easily manipulative. A clan can just show up and one holder can hold the max and kill the boss while the clan protects him. Given this is singles, any one person with risk will never ever have to worry about getting pked when protected. You'd have to match numbers in singles to at least even attack, and with mage arena being so little this is pretty hard.

Rest of the rewards sound fine, god shards don't really matter anywhere as a reward since they have very little impact on the economy since their only purpose is to get sinked for an imbued cape.

As for the pets, what type of pets? Any special effects? A possible re-introduction of divine bird? If it's cosmetic, you can pretty much chuck that idea out of the ball park. No ones a fan of cosmetic pets, especially when this boss would require a lot of effort and risk to kill. 

PS: I'd like for this boss to stay off the achievements/daily tasks because not one instance of this boss requires Skill/PvM knowledge to apply effort and kill this boss. Any chance you might have with defense mitigation will just get bombarded with bc swords and an armada of ele cross bows.