Ryan

[9/21/2018] QoLs, fixes, and much more!

Next update ETA
September 26th, 2018

Content updates:

• Combat system
    • PID ("Player ID") system improvements
      • If you have PID over your opponent, your attack's hits will be applied one tick earlier (and vice versa) as per proper RS combat
        • This change does not apply to duel arena, which will remain the same
      • Hits also include vengeance, which will apply instantly after (same tick) the hit for the player with PID, and a tick after for players without.
      • PIDs will alternate/shuffle every 20-40 seconds
    • Pathing and distancing has been improved for PvP combat
      • This also includes scenarios where you're chasing opponents
    • Fixed issues with eating food/potions and attack delays
      • As of now, food will increase your current attack speed by one tick (as it should)
    • The last character you attacked (in combat with) will now always show up above other players on the same tile
    • Made further adjustments to the magic accuracy formula
    • Granite maul
      • Fixed issue that allowed you to granite maul spec behind obstacles/walls/etc.
    • Fixed issues with auto-retaliate combat
  • Oldschool ticks
    • It's been brought to our attention that players who've had "Oldschool ticks" enabled were not properly experiencing this game option
    • As of now if you have this option enabled, most actions (walking, attacking, etc.) should be queued in the 600ms tick system
  • Tournaments
    • Removed teleporting (magic spells, items, etc.); if you want to exit the tournament you will be prompted to type ::exit
    • Disabled all non F2P prayers in the F2P tournament type (smite, retribution, etc.)
    • Eternal recoil perk is now fully disabled in tournaments
    • You can now view your total tournament wins at the bottom of your player panel!
  • Revenants
    • Added the Ancient artifact drop to the cave revenant drop tables
    • Cave revenant kills should now count toward your revenant kill tasks
  • Teleport to House
    • We've added a new free teleport spell to your magic book, which will allow you to teleport to your PoH (if you have one)
  • Kill tracking QoL (PvM)
    • You can now view your total kills for any monster on the title bar of the Monster drop table interface
  • Blood crown
    • The blood crown should now have venom and poison immunity
  • Construction
    • Added a warning dialogue for PoH boss portal teleports
    • Increased enchanted heraldic salvage costs in the enchantment chest
    • The money heraldic items now have distinct display names (for example, "Money banner")
  • EdgePvP
    • Removed bounty hunter overlay interface while in EdgePvP
  • Sunspear
    • Substantially increased the death protection value for Sunspear
  • Staff
    • Added a system that should prevent unnecessary PIN entry requirements. This should hopefully lead to slightly less PIN reset queries
    • Added a "[MUTED]" tag for connection match commands
    • Moderators can now manage and pin messages on the SpawnPK discord channels

"The last character you attacked (in combat with) will now always show up above other players on the same tile"

This alone is amazing, great update.

Fairly decent, happy you took these into consideration and fixed them;

Pathing and distancing has been improved for PvP combat

• This also includes scenarios where you're chasing opponents
  • Made further adjustments to the magic accuracy formula

Oldschool ticks

• It's been brought to our attention that players who've had "Oldschool ticks" enabled were not properly experiencing this game option
  • As of now if you have this option enabled, most actions (walking, attacking, etc.) should be queued in the 600ms tick system

This is a nice and clean update Ryan! You're bringing rev caves back to life, fixed so many details.

Great job

Edit: i experienced the new ticking system, and tbh it sucks. Maul combo's don't work anymore. even ags has a delay. Melee combat ain't fun anymore.

Edited by The Summoner

Nice update, i saw some of these suggested just hours before i went to bed and you implemented them. Way to go ;)

3 hours ago, The Summoner said:

Edit: i experienced the new ticking system, and tbh it sucks. Maul combo's don't work anymore. even ags has a delay. Melee combat ain't fun anymore.

Thankfully, the OSRS tick system is completely optional!

Simply disable/uncheck it to go back to SpawnPK's custom ticking system from prior to this update.

22 hours ago, Ryan said:

Thankfully, the OSRS tick system is completely optional!

Simply disable/uncheck it to go back to SpawnPK's custom ticking system from prior to this update.

I've toggled the old school 07 tick system off, and I'm still experiencing switch issues.
I checked if I had "instant switching" off but it was on.
I'm aware that a couple friends of me are having the same issue's when using dfs combo's to maul or any type of melee wep.

Anyway's I appreciate the amount of time you put in to this!

Edited by The Summoner
Spelling mistake :3