Kellatha

Massive PvP Changes

Important PvP modifications.  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How do you guys feel about these PvP modifications?

• YAS. Limit everything and make PvP great again!
    • Yes. These are definitely headed in the right direction, and I agree on most but not all.
    • Meh. I feel like this wont make a difference.
    • No. These are horrible ideas and will make PvP worse.
    • NO. I spent my hard earned money on auto kepts and they should not have a repair fee!
  2. 2. Question 1 and 2

• Yes for more auto kept besides ethereal!
    • No more auto kepts besides ethereal!
    • YAS for repair fees!
    • No for repair fees because it hurts my feelings.
  3. 3. Question 3 and 4

• Yes! Make them have a repair fee.
    • No for repair fee because pets shouldn't be limited!
    • No let the noobs suffer and git gud

13 hours ago, Jimm0 said:

Thanks very much for your informative reply which truly demonstrates your ability to discuss your thoughts and promote your ideas. If you think that Bandos is useless due to the damage cap, surely you also think Cursed is useless due to the damage cap (the benefit is only in the attack bonuses). That seems awfully expensive for a minor accuracy boost. What are your thoughts?

Cursed armor has much better defense since bandos is known for it's damage boost not it's defense nor it's accuracy since it gives 0 accuracy boost and very little defense boost. I did not say bandos is useless due to the damage cap, i said it's useless because it's max hit is 1 more then spawn gear and on top of that your accuracy doesn't change. In fact you get less defense bonus because torags legs + torso is better defense than full bandos. Another reason why spawn gear should be nerfed. 

On top of that cursed armor not only gets the (as slight as it may be) damage boost of bandos but also gets defense bonus like barrows armor and on top of that gets an accuracy boost like statius. You put the best quality of 3 different armor pieces and combined them into 1 armor and on top of that cost absolutely nothing. 

Again you make me feel like you don't even know the stats of spawn gear let alone your own armor.

God help you.

@Kellatha I'm tired of talking to him :( got any more suggestions for me on the matter? 

Maybe @Ryan and @Ramzi have a comment about a suggestion from another player on the server! no? damn, that's a neck.

6 minutes ago, cokiemonsta said:

Cursed armor has much better defense since bandos is known for it's damage boost not it's defense nor it's accuracy since it gives 0 accuracy boost and very little defense boost. I did not say bandos is useless due to the damage cap, i said it's useless because it's max hit is 1 more then spawn gear and on top of that your accuracy doesn't change. In fact you get less defense bonus because torags legs + torso is better defense than full bandos. Another reason why spawn gear should be nerfed. 

On top of that cursed armor not only gets the (as slight as it may be) damage boost of bandos but also gets defense bonus like barrows armor and on top of that gets an accuracy boost like statius. You put the best quality of 3 different armor pieces and combined them into 1 armor and on top of that cost absolutely nothing. 

Again you make me feel like you don't even know the stats of spawn gear let alone your own armor.

God help you.

@Kellatha I'm tired of talking to him :( got any more suggestions for me on the matter? 

Maybe @Ryan and @Ramzi have a comment about a suggestion from another player on the server! no? damn, that's a neck.

We're actually in the works of processing new armors/items for beginners. We've mentioned the possibility of some different tier beginner items like a beginner korasi, and a beginner torva set that lasts for a certain amount of combined kills/deaths. Right now as we are refraining from auto kepts, we are also going to balance it out by boosting low tier(newer players) with matching gear if not better for a limited duration. Enough time that we believe is enough to be able to stabilize themselves in the economy.

Broken since etheral and ornamentals were implemented, they need some kind of downside to use 

17 hours ago, Kellatha said:

We're actually in the works of processing new armors/items for beginners. We've mentioned the possibility of some different tier beginner items like a beginner korasi, and a beginner torva set that lasts for a certain amount of combined kills/deaths. Right now as we are refraining from auto kepts, we are also going to balance it out by boosting low tier(newer players) with matching gear if not better for a limited duration. Enough time that we believe is enough to be able to stabilize themselves in the economy.

LMFAO. So everything is overpowered and your best idea is to add FREE armor to new accounts that's not only BEST in slot but also players can just create alt accounts over and over to use this FREE and BEST in slot gear with a korasi on top of that just to wrap a bow around that BS. I actually cannot stop laughing at how bad of an idea that is. What is the point in playing if you can just continue to make alts and get max gear? Who needs cosmetics if you have infinite number of alt accounts with max gear?

This is the length the owners will go in order to continue denying that they fucked up? Cosmetics are overpowered, spawn gear is overpowered, the combat system is shit. Just admit it and stop trying to work yourselves around it. NERF SOMETHING, at this point i'm going to stop trying to help you guys fix the server's pvp if you continue to deny my suggestions and make complete fools of yourselves.

2 hours ago, cokiemonsta said:

LMFAO. So everything is overpowered and your best idea is to add FREE armor to new accounts that's not only BEST in slot but also players can just create alt accounts over and over to use this FREE and BEST in slot gear with a korasi on top of that just to wrap a bow around that BS. I actually cannot stop laughing at how bad of an idea that is. What is the point in playing if you can just continue to make alts and get max gear? Who needs cosmetics if you have infinite number of alt accounts with max gear?

This is the length the owners will go in order to continue denying that they fucked up? Cosmetics are overpowered, spawn gear is overpowered, the combat system is shit. Just admit it and stop trying to work yourselves around it. NERF SOMETHING, at this point i'm going to stop trying to help you guys fix the server's pvp if you continue to deny my suggestions and make complete fools of yourselves.

I just picked random examples lol. Beginner torva/rasi wouldn't be game breaking at all. Not only do alternates have no rewards, literally no BM per kills unless you buy all blood perks(yay a blood sink) or take the time and effort to max your alt to be a trained pker and get those +3 bm per kill. Nonetheless that keeps players engaged and fully doing something as they know a new account will have something waiting for them all time. 

It probably won't be beginner torva but it'll probably be beginner vesta. Beginner bandos would be a slap to the face as that's barely better than fighter torso/barrow legs. As for beginner korasi there isn't much of an alternative for a weapon that would actually hold it's own. We could always do a beginner swh/dwh(same thing honestly besides 75-80 damage cap).

Something else that could be cool and unique would be a beginner pet that boosts attack, strength and defense by 5% similar to bloodwyrm pet. Right now beginner ags/claws isn't much to go on and we would like to provide them with better equipment. Autokepts are in the process of getting nerfed.

I think your're highly over estimating how not beneficial alternate accounts are. They don't have all the autokepts/perks/comp capes etc to keep up and fully be an actual threat. And even if they did transfer some items to bulk up with beginner torva, they wouldn't profit as good as they do as on their main with all the blood perks.

I agree with everything except the higher donator rank the less repair cost and the part where u have to pay to 500m for each pet after u die.

On 6/24/2018 at 1:37 PM, goobymunch said:

I agree with everything except the higher donator rank the less repair cost and the part where u have to pay to 500m for each pet after u die.

Shut up gooby :) we all know 500m is nothing to you lol. Also that's only for pets like alien which is hard to die with anyways. 1b or so for fused pets which is for sure worth. (just joking btw <3)

Edited by cokiemonsta

@cokiemonsta I don't think that cursed obby has a damage boost outside of obsidian weapons (I've already mentioned how this is virtually useless in PvP since nobody uses obby maul anyway). If you're on about the strength bonus we've already been over that. You're also wrong re. accuracy boost - obsidian chest and legs give no accuracy boost over barrows or bandos. I have previously linked you a comparison between the armour sets. I don't think you've read it. It might prevent inaccuracies like that.

You keep claiming that spawn gear needs a nerf, however also state that it's unfair that beginners get killed easily by those in better gear. Surely nerfing spawn armour would only exacerbate this? This is counter intuitive (and, obviously, wrong).

You also say that cursed obsidian 'costs nothing'. Again I feel the need to remind you that it is a relatively expensive set of armour (I think I calculated around 200 deaths in statius would cost the same - you can see this in one of my previous replies). 

Please can you proof-read and fact check your comments before spouting rubbish?

@Kellatha I quite like your idea of beginner korasi or dwh. Must admit that beginner torva seems a bit too high-tier for new players. Beginner vesta seems good, though. Also think it has the added bonus of getting new players used to the accuracy/damage boost of using vesta and would encourage them to upgrade their gear faster. +1

Cheers all - this is a useful discussion.

• Thanks 2

Indeed @Jimm0. We can't keep making auto kepts since that'll make new players even worse off against them. The solution to our problem right now is to cut off unnecessary auto kepts(besides ethereal) and balance it out with a higher tier starter weapon/armor. This evens out the plane, and at the same time that auto kepts get a fee to get repaired on death, it's a win win situation.

As much as i'd hate for auto kepts to have a repair fee on death, that's the best solution we have right now with the highest probability of making edge more balanced. Once we get that in order we can move on and focus on the combat system.

@Kellatha Sure, understand that making more autokepts increases the divide. Must admit I'm not keen on the idea of fees for autokepts, since that was not why they were initially purchased. More than the money itself, the main thing is the time in which it'd take. Autokepts are convenient not just because of the lack of repair fee - most who can afford the autokepts can afford the (assuming) minimal fee. The problem is after death having to faff around and repair. I think simply buffing new players with beginner items (or similar) would prevent annoying those who have invested in autokepts. 

Is there anyway of automatically taking the fee from the bank of the player who has just died in the autokept item? i.e. 'You just died with Elemental Gloves; a 500m fee has been taken from your bank'. Or something?

19 minutes ago, Jimm0 said:

@Kellatha Sure, understand that making more autokepts increases the divide. Must admit I'm not keen on the idea of fees for autokepts, since that was not why they were initially purchased. More than the money itself, the main thing is the time in which it'd take. Autokepts are convenient not just because of the lack of repair fee - most who can afford the autokepts can afford the (assuming) minimal fee. The problem is after death having to faff around and repair. I think simply buffing new players with beginner items (or similar) would prevent annoying those who have invested in autokepts. 

Is there anyway of automatically taking the fee from the bank of the player who has just died in the autokept item? i.e. 'You just died with Elemental Gloves; a 500m fee has been taken from your bank'. Or something?

Ethereals/enchanteds are exempt as I originally stated.

The fee would only apply to man made auto kepts like cursed items/ornament kits,etc.

Oh, I thought you only stated Ethereal. In any case, how about the same question but with cursed obsidian? For example 'You just died with Cursed Obsidian Helmet; a 100m fee has been automatically taken from your bank'. Or would this be too difficult to implement?

Thanks.

@Jimm0 I like the idea of automatically having the money deducted from your bank. It would have to be something that the player can toggle on and off though.

On 6/25/2018 at 1:07 PM, Aquaman said:

@Jimm0 I like the idea of automatically having the money deducted from your bank. It would have to be something that the player can toggle on and off though.

On 6/25/2018 at 1:36 PM, Aquaman said:

That should also work with every piece of gear that can break, I hate having to repair.

It would only annoy players if they forget to turn it off or on. Just allow players to right click the item they wish to repair and have ''repair'' option under the ''use'' option. Then have a warning saying how much they are paying to repair the item and also give them a warning if they do not have enough to pay.

@Kellatha I know you like your untradeables including cursed void that you worked for a while to get :) I know it can't be easy putting a fee on these items, especially since you do not pk much, but i'm glad to find out that you have come to realize that this needs to be done. In the future i hope the owners get the combat system fixed. If they are not going to take the time to redo the combat system, then they will have to at least attempt to nerf some things. 

A suggestion to that:

Go welfare.

- By going welfare you accept that all barrows items should not be spawnable. This will not only nerf new players but also gain risk in the wilderness. 

- I know for a fact ahrims will still be useful, people just need to adapt to welfare.

- Karils top is the most useful piece and will still be used often, i can even see full karils with dharok being a new unique combat setup as it will not only bring risk to the server but will allow a chance for the amulet of the damned to be brought onto the server. (if it hasn't already i have not ready recent updates.)

- Torags legs will be very useful to tank and i can even see torags body being well used while hybridding.

- Veracs skirt is useful and maybe the helm might be used often aswell.

- Guthans will probably be useless but it's never used not anyways.

Customs

- If the server goes welfare, customs will be stronger then ever before. I think it's best for the server to go welfare as it brings more variety and risk to the wilderness but customs will need to be nerfed. @Jimm0 I also do not want to read another complaint about your customs, open your mind and you will realize that customs will be extremely powerful against the new welfare and it will need the same nerf as new players (nothing HUGE)

@Kellatha Me and you talked about welfare in the past and i hope you still have some ideas about it. I know it's a big update and some players might complain, but i believe it is best for the server and the gamble is worth it. I'm almost 100% sure the server will attract more players if they went welfare. I would love your thoughts on the idea since i trust no one better to add their opinion then you.

17 minutes ago, cokiemonsta said:

@Kellatha Me and you talked about welfare in the past and i hope you still have some ideas about it. I know it's a big update and some players might complain, but i believe it is best for the server and the gamble is worth it. I'm almost 100% sure the server will attract more players if they went welfare. I would love your thoughts on the idea since i trust no one better to add their opinion then you.

The thing with this is that what would make us unique from those other welfare servers? Everyone is always saying let's go true 317, let's get rid of all customs and pets, let's have only osrs content. Like what would make us separate from other servers that already offer that? I've seen RSPS that have fully functioning raids like a few days afterwards it comes out on osrs. These guys know what they are doing and dish out those content updates fast.

I'm pretty sure you've noticed by now that Ryan is has been delayed on updates lately based on the last two updates, these are basically three weeks about and that's about 21 days(give or take a few). We'd be way understaffed in terms of development as i'm pretty sure he is busy with other things IRL/Runex to pull that off.

I think we are in pretty good standing right now. The only thing i've been wanting to touch up is the very huge imbalance when it comes to newcomers joining the server and we're planning to straighten that out so it's not entirely hell for a new person.

PS: Yes it hurts to pay a fee to auto repair my stuff but honestly it was for the best. I'm going to PK even less now haha.

I don't like the pay fees, the economy already lacks cash and we are only getting updates that's adding more cash sinks, also i bought the autokeep untradeables for that very reaspn "AutoKeep And Untradeable" why should i repair my gear every 20 seconds when i go deep wildy? lets not get into pets that would be r*****,no point in spending hundred of bills in untradeables if u have to repair them every death.
I think that a CHANCE for them to break on death like 1/6-1/8 and whoever killed you gets 80% of the amount needed to repair your stuff would fit.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2018 at 1:21 AM, Kellatha said:

The thing with this is that what would make us unique from those other welfare servers? Everyone is always saying let's go true 317, let's get rid of all customs and pets, let's have only osrs content. Like what would make us separate from other servers that already offer that? I've seen RSPS that have fully functioning raids like a few days afterwards it comes out on osrs. These guys know what they are doing and dish out those content updates fast.

I'm pretty sure you've noticed by now that Ryan is has been delayed on updates lately based on the last two updates, these are basically three weeks about and that's about 21 days(give or take a few). We'd be way understaffed in terms of development as i'm pretty sure he is busy with other things IRL/Runex to pull that off.

I think we are in pretty good standing right now. The only thing i've been wanting to touch up is the very huge imbalance when it comes to newcomers joining the server and we're planning to straighten that out so it's not entirely hell for a new person.

PS: Yes it hurts to pay a fee to auto repair my stuff but honestly it was for the best. I'm going to PK even less now haha.

I completely agree. Without the cosmetics and pets this server would have half as many players if not less tbh. You need to keep what makes this server unique. 

I don't play this server anymore but the server still has a lot of potential. Would of been nice though to get the owners opinion on things every once in a while. I've called them out just about every suggestion i made and i've never seen the owners say 1 single thing of all the time i've played except ''fixing the lag'' right after a server update pops up.

If anything, you practically supply all of the hardwork into making suggestions for them. They just do the coding.

#1 reason why i quit this server is due to the owners never communicating with or acknowledging other players.

22 hours ago, cokiemonsta said:

#1 reason why i quit this server is due to the owners never communicating with or acknowledging other players.

Shame :( ill work my way up to get a higher rank enough to be able to give that type of feedback. One of the main things i want to change is that in particular, where the server has a high ranking staff and peferably an admin if not higher to give and receive feedback from the player base.