Kellatha

Massive PvP Changes

Important PvP modifications.  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How do you guys feel about these PvP modifications?

• YAS. Limit everything and make PvP great again!
    • Yes. These are definitely headed in the right direction, and I agree on most but not all.
    • Meh. I feel like this wont make a difference.
    • No. These are horrible ideas and will make PvP worse.
    • NO. I spent my hard earned money on auto kepts and they should not have a repair fee!
  2. 2. Question 1 and 2

• Yes for more auto kept besides ethereal!
    • No more auto kepts besides ethereal!
    • YAS for repair fees!
    • No for repair fees because it hurts my feelings.
  3. 3. Question 3 and 4

• Yes! Make them have a repair fee.
    • No for repair fee because pets shouldn't be limited!
    • No let the noobs suffer and git gud

Alright guys i'll get right to it. After listening and looking at the community feedback for the past month or two it's been very clear that we have an ongoing issue revolving a lot of problems in the wilderness. These revolve around auto kept items, repair fees on death for auto kept items, using multiple pets in the wilderness for any reason, and the no reward for newer players when killing people with auto kept items. Hopefully this thread will get to fulfill its purpose and make some desperately needed changes if we want to make the wilderness viable for current and especially newer players.

I. Auto Kept items, should they be allowed to stay: Right now we are trying to refrain from making more auto kept items. The ones currently on the server will remain, and there will probably be no adjustments like reversing auto kept perks for certain items. Do keep in mind we are trying to steer clear from any future auto kepts as it has severely gotten out of hand. We now have auto kepts in every slot.

The only future auto kept items that will remain are the ethereal contests that will be coming out at Ryan's discretion. Since these are just one of a kind in game, it wont be bad in the slightest. Keep in mind that the winners with such items that get banned will keep any of those ethereal items with them, and those who quit with them will be forgotten about. From what I can see there has been no talk of these items being redrawn or redistributed back into the economy.

II. Repair fees for auto kept items: This has been a very sensitive topic throughout the community and i'd like to express some input regarding this situation we have in game. Right now there aren't many repair fees and are limitied to items like dharok, pvp sets, and elite void. We should branch out and make other items cost a repair fee on death. Given this fee won't be anything excessive, and this could always be reduced with donator rank(a possibility but not a must). The higher your donator rank the less you have to pay.

• A.) I believe all ethereal/enchanted items should be excluded from this fee. Any item that is a result from the magic chest should be waived of this repair fee since these require risk and a lot of wealth to obtain. It would not be fair for a player to spend hundreds of billions on a item only to have it have a repair fee.
  • B.) Items such as cursed obsidian pieces, cursed void pieces, ornament amulets, bound rune pouch, dragon defender(t), will have a repair fee.
  • C.) Low tier auto kepts like firecape/torso are exempt from this and only apply to player made auto kepts(max capes are also exempt).
  • D.) Given the relatively low cost for blood weapons, there shouldn't be a need for them to have a repair fee.
  • E.) Multiple pets in wilderness will also have to pay a fee. See it's section below for more details.

Repair fees for said items would be minimum of 25M to a maximum of 50M.

III. Multiple pets in one inventory whilst in the wilderness: There has been a lot of complaints coming from the community revolving around people using multiple pets to pk/pvm with in the wilderness while risking nothing. We will have to add a pet insurance NPC that will claim your pets that you have in your inventory when you die and you will have to pay a fee for you to get your pets back from the NPC. This will only apply to pets in your inventory that you have on death, and the one you have placed down will not be affected. Hopefully this system will help discourage players from using multiple pets in the wilderness.

Example: Ramzi has killed Ryan in the deep wilderness. Ryan had a doppelganger placed down, but he also had a Holy berserker and Balanced spirit pet in his inventory! Ryan now has to pay 1B(500M ea) cash to the pet insurance npc to get his pets back.

IV: Rewards when killing players with Auto Kept items: Cash drops will now be added for players who kill other players with auto kept items. This is to severely help newer players pking in at edge where everyone has auto kept items. In the event a new player does happen to kill someone with auto kepts they will now be receiving a reward for doing so. This reward will not be massive in any way, but will scale and the more auto kept items a person has the more gold a newer player can make from killing said person with X auto kepts.

• Cursed pieces grant 10M coins per piece on death
  • Ethereal/Enchanted grant 5M coins per piece on death
  • Higher tier autokepts will give 2.5M coins per piece like ornament amulets, ring of vigour(i).
  • Fire capes, torso, infernal cape, any max cape, comp capes are excluded from this.

Thanks for making this topic @Kellatha Now there's a good chance of these getting some modifications! It was not fun to fight with ppl who use all auto kept items and then no1 gets loot from them. Also that you had to pay for your pets to get them back would be amazing (If you had more than 1 pet with you) 
Also ++1 on repair fees for auto kept items!

Thank you kellatha for taking some of my suggestions from the past and bringing them into this poll. 

Cosmetics makes this server amazing and i wouldn't dare ask to remove any of them from the server no matter how insanely overpowered some of them may be. But they always needed to be changed so that the newer players coming to the server do not feel like they can't do anything and are forced off the server due to overpowered cosmetics.

I always believed if you put a repair fee on them, after death, then it would feel rewarding to kill someone with cosmetics and instead of hiding from them, newer players would want to face them over and over in attempt to make bank off of them.

Now i want to put a few changes to your post.

11 hours ago, Kellatha said:
  • Higher tier autokepts will give 2.5M coins per piece like ornament amulets, ring of vigour(i).
  • Fire capes, torso, infernal cape, any max cape, comp capes are excluded from this.

These prices are way to low. 

Off the top of my head prices:

Cursed pieces should cost about 100m ea to repair and should drop 50m coins ea on death.

Ethereal pieces are rare and they should not have a repair fee nor should they drop coins on death. 

Ornament jewelry and other small auto kept items should cost roughly 40-50m to repair and drop half that on death.

11 hours ago, Kellatha said:

Ryan now has to pay 1B(500M ea) cash to the pet insurance npc to get his pets back.

This price is maybe on the top of your head but i'm going to give my opinion anyways. All pets should have a different price.

Also these prices are not 100% accurate just a point in the direction i believe prices should be:

• Pet's should never drop coins on death.
  • No pets without pvp/pvm boost should be fee'd including kbd, kraken, ele, bandos, genie etc.
  • Spirit pets - 100m
  • Fairy - 500m
  • Yoshi - 1b
  • Alien - 2b
  • Fused pets - 5b
12 hours ago, Kellatha said:

dragon defender(t), will have a repair fee.

no need for a repair fee on dragon defender(t). I never had one and ignore me if i'm wrong but i believe the dragon defender(t) is nothing but looks since the normal dragon defender gives the exact same boost and also only cost 10m.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe those are the only changes i would make to this poll and i appreciate all of your suggestions Kellatha. This server would be nothing without all of your hard work and dedication into changing this server for the better. Keep it up.

1 hour ago, cokiemonsta said:

These prices are way to low. 

Also these prices are not 100% accurate just a point in the direction i believe prices should be:

• Pet's should never drop coins on death.
  • No pets without pvp/pvm boost should be fee'd including kbd, kraken, ele, bandos, genie etc.
  • Spirit pets - 100m
  • Fairy - 500m
  • Yoshi - 1b
  • Alien - 2b
  • Fused pets - 5b

no need for a repair fee on dragon defender(t). I never had one and ignore me if i'm wrong but i believe the dragon defender(t) is nothing but looks since the normal dragon defender gives the exact same boost and also only cost 10m.

Prices are low to prevent farming, as this could be a gateway to farm even further.

I think that's super over priced to pay 5B incase you have more than one pet. This is a cash sink and to balance out the wildy, not make it fully perish and bend everyone over for doing it.

And ddef(t) is actually BIS. Same as flameburst, but it's auto kept. It has superior stats to ddef. I am working on trying to get it buffed because it's essentially a auto kept 10m flameburst.

1 hour ago, Kellatha said:

Prices are low to prevent farming, as this could be a gateway to farm even further.

I think that's super over priced to pay 5B incase you have more than one pet. This is a cash sink and to balance out the wildy, not make it fully perish and bend everyone over for doing it.

And ddef(t) is actually BIS. Same as flameburst, but it's auto kept. It has superior stats to ddef. I am working on trying to get it buffed because it's essentially a auto kept 10m flameburst.

What do you mean by farming? Someone would have to pay (let's say 500m) to repair obsidian armor (just an example) and the opponent only gets half the cash (250m) which means money is actually being dumped from the game which will hopefully raise prices in items since the eco is screwed over and this might be a solution. 

The cheapest fused pet in the game has to be a charmed alien which cost about 300b. I believe no more than 1 fused pet should be on you at all times so if you have a fused pet walking around you and then you have an alien in your inventory, then you are only paying the 1-2b to repair it. On top of that if you have a fused pet then i'm sure 5b is absolutely nothing to that player and will think twice before risking it. It's not like you can't use fused pets because you could always have 1 follow you and you will never have to insure that pet. This is just a solution to prevent players from using multiple pets without thinking twice for example: ''hmm, should i bring my alien to wildwyrm or should i bring my fairy?'' Most players will forget this question and just grab all the pets inside there bank. If a player can go to wildwyrm with 3 pets and only risk 1b, why can't a player go to wildwyrm with full pernix, tbow, pegs, fused helm etc. without risking anything but 1b? Just as overpowered.

If you are working on buffing the flameburst defender then i completely agree that it should have some sort of fee aswell. Really the tourture, anguish, occult, ddef(t) etc. should only have a small repair fee of maybe 20-30m ea? It seems a little much really but if you think more about it, who's going to bring all of those in 1 inventory unless you are nhing? Which while nhing i think there should be more rewards since it's not only extremely hard to kill a player while nhing due to the server just not being the best in that area, but you rarely get anything out of it. I mean zuriel and morrigan is practically just as good as ahrims and karils so nobody really ends up using it and risk nothing.

In case the repair fee doesn't come through but the cash on death does. Some of these might come through, all of them might, or none at all. It all depends on how many are going to be added and we can go from there. But you can see the potential for farming depending on what gets accepted.

3 pets anywhere is definitely not as OP as a max set of one particular attack style. I'd be more scared of someone using full nex set to pk me over someone switching between a balanced spirit pet/holy berserker, etc.

And yes i am trying. I meant that everyone using those ornament amulets will have to pay a repair fee. I didn't say people using them in the same inventory, but people using them in general. Joe pks with torture(or) and dies so he has to pay 25m. Mason pks with all three of them and dies so he has to pay 75m.

1 hour ago, Kellatha said:

In case the repair fee doesn't come through but the cash on death does. Some of these might come through, all of them might, or none at all. It all depends on how many are going to be added and we can go from there. But you can see the potential for farming depending on what gets accepted.

3 pets anywhere is definitely not as OP as a max set of one particular attack style. I'd be more scared of someone using full nex set to pk me over someone switching between a balanced spirit pet/holy berserker, etc.

And yes i am trying. I meant that everyone using those ornament amulets will have to pay a repair fee. I didn't say people using them in the same inventory, but people using them in general. Joe pks with torture(or) and dies so he has to pay 25m. Mason pks with all three of them and dies so he has to pay 75m.

Well if you mean by ''repair fee not coming through'' you mean the owners not adding it into the game, i strongly agree with the prices you offered. But if we are going to have pet insurance and repair fee's i believe my prices are the best. 

I'm not just talking about damage. I'm talking about pvmers having a pet to kill the boss faster, a fairy to help get a better drop for the last hit and an alien to escape from any harm of pkers. On top of that pkers that are able to have 3 pets to boost every attack style (mage, range and melee) and still have an alien to make an easy escape if they have to.

On top of all that if they ever do get caught slacking and get tb'd they don't risk anything. With your prices aswell players will be able to do all those things for the cost of 1b for the pvmer and 1.5b for the pker.

Really i would rather have a player with max gear and a huge risk *then* 4 pets. Just imagine a dude with max gear *and* 4 pets. 

If that last 2 sentences are examples of how you see it, then i completely agree and have no further comments on this.

2 hours ago, cokiemonsta said:

Well if you mean by ''repair fee not coming through'' you mean the owners not adding it into the game, i strongly agree with the prices you offered. But if we are going to have pet insurance and repair fee's i believe my prices are the best. 

I'm not just talking about damage. I'm talking about pvmers having a pet to kill the boss faster, a fairy to help get a better drop for the last hit and an alien to escape from any harm of pkers. On top of that pkers that are able to have 3 pets to boost every attack style (mage, range and melee) and still have an alien to make an easy escape if they have to.

On top of all that if they ever do get caught slacking and get tb'd they don't risk anything. With your prices aswell players will be able to do all those things for the cost of 1b for the pvmer and 1.5b for the pker.

Really i would rather have a player with max gear and a huge risk *then* 4 pets. Just imagine a dude with max gear *and* 4 pets. 

If that last 2 sentences are examples of how you see it, then i completely agree and have no further comments on this.

Another solution a player mentioned was that any and all pets will be lost if your prayer runs out when skulled. If you get smited when skulled and die, then you lose the pet you have equipped.

18 hours ago, Kellatha said:

Alright guys i'll get right to it. After listening and looking at the community feedback for the past month or two it's been very clear that we have an ongoing issue revolving a lot of problems in the wilderness. These revolve around auto kept items, repair fees on death for auto kept items, using multiple pets in the wilderness for any reason, and the no reward for newer players when killing people with auto kept items. Hopefully this thread will get to fulfill its purpose and make some desperately needed changes if we want to make the wilderness viable for current and especially newer players.

I. Auto Kept items, should they be allowed to stay: Right now we are trying to refrain from making more auto kept items. The ones currently on the server will remain, and there will probably be no adjustments like reversing auto kept perks for certain items. Do keep in mind we are trying to steer clear from any future auto kepts as it has severely gotten out of hand. We now have auto kepts in every slot.

The only future auto kept items that will remain are the ethereal contests that will be coming out at Ryan's discretion. Since these are just one of a kind in game, it wont be bad in the slightest. Keep in mind that the winners with such items that get banned will keep any of those ethereal items with them, and those who quit with them will be forgotten about. From what I can see there has been no talk of these items being redrawn or redistributed back into the economy.

II. Repair fees for auto kept items: This has been a very sensitive topic throughout the community and i'd like to express some input regarding this situation we have in game. Right now there aren't many repair fees and are limitied to items like dharok, pvp sets, and elite void. We should branch out and make other items cost a repair fee on death. Given this fee won't be anything excessive, and this could always be reduced with donator rank(a possibility but not a must). The higher your donator rank the less you have to pay.

• A.) I believe all ethereal/enchanted items should be excluded from this fee. Any item that is a result from the magic chest should be waived of this repair fee since these require risk and a lot of wealth to obtain. It would not be fair for a player to spend hundreds of billions on a item only to have it have a repair fee.
  • B.) Items such as cursed obsidian pieces, cursed void pieces, ornament amulets, bound rune pouch, dragon defender(t), will have a repair fee.
  • C.) Low tier auto kepts like firecape/torso are exempt from this and only apply to player made auto kepts(max capes are also exempt).
  • D.) Given the relatively low cost for blood weapons, there shouldn't be a need for them to have a repair fee.
  • E.) Multiple pets in wilderness will also have to pay a fee. See it's section below for more details.

Repair fees for said items would be minimum of 25M to a maximum of 50M.

III. Multiple pets in one inventory whilst in the wilderness: There has been a lot of complaints coming from the community revolving around people using multiple pets to pk/pvm with in the wilderness while risking nothing. We will have to add a pet insurance NPC that will claim your pets that you have in your inventory when you die and you will have to pay a fee for you to get your pets back from the NPC. This will only apply to pets in your inventory that you have on death, and the one you have placed down will not be affected. Hopefully this system will help discourage players from using multiple pets in the wilderness.

Example: Ramzi has killed Ryan in the deep wilderness. Ryan had a doppelganger placed down, but he also had a Holy berserker and Balanced spirit pet in his inventory! Ryan now has to pay 1B(500M ea) cash to the pet insurance npc to get his pets back.

IV: Rewards when killing players with Auto Kept items: Cash drops will now be added for players who kill other players with auto kept items. This is to severely help newer players pking in at edge where everyone has auto kept items. In the event a new player does happen to kill someone with auto kepts they will now be receiving a reward for doing so. This reward will not be massive in any way, but will scale and the more auto kept items a person has the more gold a newer player can make from killing said person with X auto kepts.

Good idea, allthough

Repair fees should be much higher for these high-tier items, or atleast have another currency to fix them. Let's say that u have to pay x-amount of blood money instead of coins , this amount can go up from 25 - 200 blood money per piece just depending on the item-tier and what slot it is in.

I'd like to say that every pet has to be insured, before going into the wildy meaning that when it's insured u keep it on death, however u have to pay a x-amount of coins, blood-shards or blood money to insure it again. It's not only a money sink for the eco-system, but when it's NOT insured the pet will just be dropped on death (The pets that are out-and-in your inventory).

I'd have this discussion like multiple times, but I am just sick of PvMers/ PKers bring multiple pets in inventory (Tekton, Treasure Fairy, Alien and whatever pet they got)

(Where can I vote my opinion, on losing all pets when NOT insured?)

Edited by Legitemately
Last question (...)

I support them all except the possible limitations to multiple pet usage.

Personally I find this rather absurd seeing as all viable pets are pricey enough as is, some lay down their banks for double-pet meta.

Edited by Doctor E
re-phrased response.

I will thoroughly post my thoughts (edit them into the post) on this subject at a later time.

I originally had a pretty big reply to Hooke's thread ready, but I cleared my browser cache and lost it. Most that info will be interchangeable here.

Thoughts for now:

A.) I believe all ethereal/enchanted items should be excluded from this fee. Any item that is a result from the magic chest should be waived of this repair fee since these require risk and a lot of wealth to obtain. It would not be fair for a player to spend hundreds of billions on a item only to have it have a repair fee. +1 only if E gloves are fixed.

B.) Items such as cursed obsidian pieces, cursed void pieces, ornament amulets, bound rune pouch, dragon defender(t), will have a repair fee. +1 only on cursed armour.

D.) Given the relatively low cost for blood weapons, there shouldn't be a need for them to have a repair fee. +1

E.) Multiple pets in wilderness will also have to pay a fee. See it's section below for more details. I'll have to go into detail on what I think of this.

I would just like to make a reminder: 

SPK is server long known for it's semi-balanced customs and availably cheap gear. The recent eco changes and possible changes to customs/custom pet's (both semi-balanced and unbalanced), and their future effect's on the game, have to be considered very very heavily. Changing what SPK has come to be known for may be treading into deep water.

18 hours ago, Kellatha said:

Another solution a player mentioned was that any and all pets will be lost if your prayer runs out when skulled. If you get smited when skulled and die, then you lose the pet you have equipped.

Not a bad suggestion but i recommend you lose all pets in your inventory and you have to buy to insure your pet back that you have following you.

This is not a bad idea especially since smite/ss is pretty bad on this server and u nobody really gets smited. So in the lucky chance that someone does get smited, it's a nice reward.

13 hours ago, Doctor E said:

I support them all except the possible limitations to multiple pet usage.

Personally I find this rather absurd seeing as all viable pets are pricey enough as is, some lay down their banks for double-pet meta.

If you have multiple high tier pets then you know how to make money. The prices i have chosen is nothing extreme and any player that has played as long as i have knows that. Just most prefer not to admit it because most of them are greedy.

8 minutes ago, cokiemonsta said:

If you have multiple high tier pets then you know how to make money. The prices i have chosen is nothing extreme and any player that has played as long as i have knows that. Just most prefer not to admit it because most of them are greedy.

What I can consider "High-Tier" are the ones who offer an obvious advantage over others in combat, however passive ones that don't offer that shouldn't require insurance.

13 hours ago, Y I P K U said:

I will thoroughly post my thoughts (edit them into the post) on this subject at a later time.

I originally had a pretty big reply to Hooke's thread ready, but I cleared my browser cache and lost it. Most that info will be interchangeable here.

I would just like to make a reminder: 

SPK is server long known for it's semi-balanced customs and availably cheap gear. The recent eco changes and possible changes to customs/custom pet's (both semi-balanced and unbalanced), and their future effect's on the game, have to be considered very very heavily. Changing what SPK has come to be known for may be treading into deep water.

Gz on the new position sorry i haven't been playing lately to congratulate you in game ;) 

I don't disagree with spk being known for it's customs but pkers know how overpowered most of the customs are and there needs to be a price to use them. There are way to many customs and this server is to deep into customs to be able to change them completely without getting a lot of dislikes. 

I believe the only way to fix this is by putting a price on customs. I may be wrong but i want to try changing the server for the better. If you have any other suggestions into altering how customs are to make them less overpowered or overused, i'm all up for suggestions. 

I can lose sight on alternative solutions when i have a good solution myself. 

I just appreciate this topic being finally talked about and the only way to come up with the best solution is by working together.

1 hour ago, Doctor E said:

What I can consider "High-Tier" are the ones who offer an obvious advantage over others in combat, however passive ones that don't offer that shouldn't require insurance.

Combat is not the only thing this server has to offer. To be honest the combat system on this server is pretty lame compared to a few other server.

I consider 'High-Tier'' being items, pets and perks that give you a big boost over others in all situations including drop rate, dps, max damage, accuracy, defense, safety(like how alien can teleport you home no matter what wildy level you are at) and a few others that i can't think of over the top of my head.

If the issue is new players being unable to defeat those with autokeeps in the wilderness, why not instead enable more items to be spawnable, rather than limit those who have spent (usually lots) on their autokeep items.

For example, making DH spawnable would give new players an opportunity to (easily) kill someone in full cursed void/cursed obsidian/completionist gear, and also mean that you're not pissing off any long-term players who have spent many hours on the game getting the requirements for the high-tier autokeeps.

What do you think? Since I spent the majority of my bank on autokeep items, I'd be pretty annoyed if I can't use them as autokeeps anymore (I bought them for that purpose afterall), and I'm not necessarily rich enough to continue to repair them after each death.

4 hours ago, Jimm0 said:

If the issue is new players being unable to defeat those with autokeeps in the wilderness, why not instead enable more items to be spawnable, rather than limit those who have spent (usually lots) on their autokeep items.

For example, making DH spawnable would give new players an opportunity to (easily) kill someone in full cursed void/cursed obsidian/completionist gear, and also mean that you're not pissing off any long-term players who have spent many hours on the game getting the requirements for the high-tier autokeeps.

What do you think? Since I spent the majority of my bank on autokeep items, I'd be pretty annoyed if I can't use them as autokeeps anymore (I bought them for that purpose afterall), and I'm not necessarily rich enough to continue to repair them after each death.

Why would the owners do that lol. People are already arguing that spawn gear is overpowered but that's not true, the combat system is just terrible. On top of that if players in cosmetics say spawn gear is overpowered and players in spawn gear are saying cosmetics are overpowered then it just makes me wonder why should we continue buffing things when there clearly needs to be a nerf.

This was funny. Not only has several post about making dharok spawnable again been put down over and over but on top of that me and @Kellatha have been trying to find a way to add the amulet of the damned into the server by making all barrows items unspawnable which would also increase the activity at barrows. I don't see the problem with that since ahrims and karils are pretty much just as good as zuriel and armadyl with the combat system.

BTW fuck the long term players. Most of the Long-term players either hop on once a week to spread toxicity onto the server due to them just being shitty people or gamble 24/7 because they are addicted. Of course most of them might talk about it just to have something to argue about but once the update is released most of them will realize it doesn't make a big difference so they go back to staking their banks or rebuilding after staking their banks and losing. (ALSO I'M NOT PUTTING LONG-TERM PLAYERS OUT I'M JUST MAKING A POINT THAT THE CURRENT SITUATION DOES NOT BOTHER THE MAJORITY OF THEM)

I think your suggestion is pretty bad (no offense). You spent the majority of your bank on customs because you know that they give you a huge advantage over your opponent, period. On top of all that they are still auto keep except you have to repair them every time you die. It's like using elite void except elite void has no defense at all but cursed obsidian armor does have defense and has a huge damage/accuracy boost. Should we just remove repair all together and screw the server over?

The fact that we are still arguing on whether or not we should start putting a repair on cosmetics is forcing me to lose my patience. I've been trying to help this server and the owners fail to recognize the majority of my suggestions. I seriously don't even know if the owners know who ''cokiemonsta'' is by checking out their activity and previous updates (the only clue they give us).

@Ryan @Ramzi

Can either one of you put up your own comment on the situation instead of leaving the community in the dark all the time? I would really appreciate it.  Thanks :) 

@cokiemonsta I don't understand your first point beyond 'we should nerf instead of buff'. I don't think anyone is suggesting that anything is too overpowered - the issue is the difference in strength between spawnables and cosmetics (ie cursed) - but rather that X Item is disparately strong compared to Y Item. In this case, either buffing spawnable/cheap gear OR nerfing high-tier gear would have the same (desired) effect. Buffing items has the added bonus of not pissing off anybody who has spent a lot on high-tier gear.

I don't understand why the DH suggestion is funny. If it has been suggested before and put down then fair enough - my point was simply that there should be something given to those new players who can only pk in spawnables in order to make them competitive in the wild. I used DH as an example since the rest of barrows is spawnable.

Further disagree with the sentiment of 'fuck the long term players'. I think the whole point of this debate is to not only ensure that new players are competitive in the wildy (i.e not just being spanked by cursed), but also to maintain the players that have been playing for a while - especially since these are the players that maintain any economy for high tier items (for the record I do not consider myself part of that lot).

I agree. I have spent a large portion of my bank on cosmetics. I absolutely did this to have an advantage in the wild. This is very much the same as buying vesta and pking in it (although Vesta has better stats) in order to have an advantage in the wild. I do not see any issue with this, it's essentially the whole point of pking. Many other people bought autokeep items for that specific reason. Having to repair these items on death would make all these custom items crash in price, as I can't imagine there'd be much market for them any more. Why would you bother pking in  repairable cursed when you could pk in statius instead? It would make these custom items essentially worthless.

I'm very sorry that you're losing your patience. However you should bear in mind that other people will have opposing views to yours, despite the fact that they also wish the server well. It's quite probable that there's a better solution to yours (and mine), so I don't think there's any need to get upset over this.

Apologies for the long post, but hope it helps.

16 hours ago, Jimm0 said:

@cokiemonsta I don't understand your first point beyond 'we should nerf instead of buff'. I don't think anyone is suggesting that anything is too overpowered - the issue is the difference in strength between spawnables and cosmetics (ie cursed) - but rather that X Item is disparately strong compared to Y Item. In this case, either buffing spawnable/cheap gear OR nerfing high-tier gear would have the same (desired) effect. Buffing items has the added bonus of not pissing off anybody who has spent a lot on high-tier gear.

I don't understand why the DH suggestion is funny. If it has been suggested before and put down then fair enough - my point was simply that there should be something given to those new players who can only pk in spawnables in order to make them competitive in the wild. I used DH as an example since the rest of barrows is spawnable.

Further disagree with the sentiment of 'fuck the long term players'. I think the whole point of this debate is to not only ensure that new players are competitive in the wildy (i.e not just being spanked by cursed), but also to maintain the players that have been playing for a while - especially since these are the players that maintain any economy for high tier items (for the record I do not consider myself part of that lot).

I agree. I have spent a large portion of my bank on cosmetics. I absolutely did this to have an advantage in the wild. This is very much the same as buying vesta and pking in it (although Vesta has better stats) in order to have an advantage in the wild. I do not see any issue with this, it's essentially the whole point of pking. Many other people bought autokeep items for that specific reason. Having to repair these items on death would make all these custom items crash in price, as I can't imagine there'd be much market for them any more. Why would you bother pking in  repairable cursed when you could pk in statius instead? It would make these custom items essentially worthless.

I'm very sorry that you're losing your patience. However you should bear in mind that other people will have opposing views to yours, despite the fact that they also wish the server well. It's quite probable that there's a better solution to yours (and mine), so I don't think there's any need to get upset over this.

Apologies for the long post, but hope it helps.

You clearly are not not active enough or chat with the community enough to realize that everyone talks about how spawn gear and cosmetics are overpowered lol. You can max spec an 80 with ags while in spawn gear and you spec 80 in less then 10 fights over and over. The problem with cosmetics, like cursed obby armor, is that you are practically wearing bandos combined with torags and pking around risking nothing. Be my guest if you want to buff spawn gear to help compete with cosmetics, love to read people on forums arguing about getting specced an 80 by ags every 3 fights. 

Again, you can spec an 80 with ags while in spawn gear, nothing new needs to be added spawnable.

Maybe you misunderstood me when i said that the majority of long term players on the server do not give a shit about the wilderness. They are only here cause they love to chat with friends, spread toxicity to others and gamble. Atleast 80% of the long term players online, every minute throughout the day, is either merching, gambling or pvming. Again, the long term players are only going to argue on this topic (if they argue at all) just to be annoying and put themselves out there.

Except vesta cost 1b a piece and on top of that it's a pain to find people to fight while wearing vesta especiall if you are unskulling, have fun with that one. On top of that while wearing vesta you still have a 100m repair fee if you die unskulled. The whole point of pking is to kill your opponent, the better gear you have the more you should be risking. You don't go on osrs in full bandos expecting to fight people in rune arrmor without risking more, why should it be any different on spawnpk? Also your comment on ''all customs will crash in price'' is already true. Due to the owners @Ryan @Ramzi, Obsidian armor can not only be obtain easily by costing 8 tier 10s a piece, but on top of that they added it to mystery chest and several other gambling boxes. On top of that you can get ornament kits from mystery chest, pets from mystery chest and you can get dark relics from pk scrolls. Prices for cosmetics are already screwed over due to how easily they are obtainable and fixing the way cosmetics work will not change that. Btw, statius is 250m a piece and cost 50m a piece to repair them (Also is no where close to as good as cursed armor).

Yes of course people will have different views then me and of course they will think negative to what i have to say but not a single person on this server has thought about fixing cosmetics more then i have. I'm not looking for excuses on why cosmetics should remain the same or why they shouldn't get nerfed. I already know cosmetics need to be nerfed, i already know spawn gear needs to be nerfed and at this point i'm tired of excuses and just looking for solutions. You can't convince me that the combat system isn't terrible because i have well over 3k kills, 2k deaths (this is not including my alt)  and i have done it all from pvming, nhing, dharok risk fighting, 3a bow + vesta risk fighting, msb to ags, chaotic maul prod, rushing in every way, multi pking, hybrid and any other form of pking you can think of i have probably come across. I've analyzed every bit of pking and took it all into consideration and came up with only one solution which would be nerfing. 

You got it all wrong dude. Nerfing is not a bad thing, it's a solution. If the owners fixed cosmetics before releasing more then this wouldn't be an issue today.  This server needs to be more competitive. 

1: I am perfectly well informed - I see people complaining everyday from both new players and old ones that either 'cosmetics are too OP' or 'spawnables are too OP'. It is obvious which side voices which opinion.

2: I disagree, I think buffing spawnable gear would make new players more competitive and would prevent the owners/devs from pissing off old players who have invested in cosmetics.

3: Perhaps we got confused along the way. I generally meant long-term players to mean those who are invested enough in the game to have bought cosmetics. Regardless, any player can come on this server and do what they like providing that's within the rules. There's nothing wrong with PvM, Merching, or Gambling (although I don't do much of any of that).

4: Statius is better than obsidian in every aspect (aside from the % damage boost to obsidian weapons, but that's not used often). Hooke V2 posted ::topic 13713 the other day and it's really informative. Relative inexpensiveness of statius compared to cursed obsidian means that you could die a couple of hundred times in better gear (stat) rather than spend a ton on cursed obsidian. This proves that cursed isn't OP.

5: I'm sure there are other people who have thought about fixing cosmetics as much as you have. I'm not particularly invested in the discussion but even I have made many lengthy comments on the forums suggesting improvements. You are not alone. It must also be stated you don't KNOW these things have to be nerfed, it is simply an opinion. You THINK spawnables and cosmetics should be nerfed (and many disagree with you). I also have well over 3k kills (fewer deaths though) using a variety of different pking methods across both pure and main. Despite all these kills and experience I still disagree with you. Fancy that.

6: I think you have it all wrong instead. I agree that this server needs to be more competitive (if you mean that those poor people should have more opportunity to kill those in good gear). I think buffing spawnable gear (or providing more spawnables) would be the best solution to that.

Cheers

7 hours ago, Jimm0 said:

1: I am perfectly well informed - I see people complaining everyday from both new players and old ones that either 'cosmetics are too OP' or 'spawnables are too OP'. It is obvious which side voices which opinion.

2: I disagree, I think buffing spawnable gear would make new players more competitive and would prevent the owners/devs from pissing off old players who have invested in cosmetics.

3: Perhaps we got confused along the way. I generally meant long-term players to mean those who are invested enough in the game to have bought cosmetics. Regardless, any player can come on this server and do what they like providing that's within the rules. There's nothing wrong with PvM, Merching, or Gambling (although I don't do much of any of that).

4: Statius is better than obsidian in every aspect (aside from the % damage boost to obsidian weapons, but that's not used often). Hooke V2 posted ::topic 13713 the other day and it's really informative. Relative inexpensiveness of statius compared to cursed obsidian means that you could die a couple of hundred times in better gear (stat) rather than spend a ton on cursed obsidian. This proves that cursed isn't OP.

5: I'm sure there are other people who have thought about fixing cosmetics as much as you have. I'm not particularly invested in the discussion but even I have made many lengthy comments on the forums suggesting improvements. You are not alone. It must also be stated you don't KNOW these things have to be nerfed, it is simply an opinion. You THINK spawnables and cosmetics should be nerfed (and many disagree with you). I also have well over 3k kills (fewer deaths though) using a variety of different pking methods across both pure and main. Despite all these kills and experience I still disagree with you. Fancy that.

6: I think you have it all wrong instead. I agree that this server needs to be more competitive (if you mean that those poor people should have more opportunity to kill those in good gear). I think buffing spawnable gear (or providing more spawnables) would be the best solution to that.

Cheers

Basically what i got out of that entire thing is that you are an idiot.

Again, players with statius, vesta etc. think spawnable gear is overpowered and it is because you are able to max hit while in spawnable gear. WTF is the point in armor like bandos when it's nothing but a damage boost but you can already hit the max hit with spawn gear so there's no point in the boost. Spawnable gear does not need to be buff, the whole entire combat system needs to be rewritten but we already know the owners are to lazy to do that and i also know the owners are never going to read this discussion anyways so there is no point in trying. (Also the reason why spawnable gear is over powered is due to the shitty combat system. You either hit a 0 or you max hit an 80 and with cosmetics you just hit that 80 more often and you have more dps due to your armor and attack bonuses with 0 risk.)

I got more important things to do then argue with you over common sense. Think whatever you want. Not reading another excuse from you. Solutions are needed.

Thanks very much for your informative reply which truly demonstrates your ability to discuss your thoughts and promote your ideas. If you think that Bandos is useless due to the damage cap, surely you also think Cursed is useless due to the damage cap (the benefit is only in the attack bonuses). That seems awfully expensive for a minor accuracy boost. What are your thoughts?