Hooke V2

Autokeep Items

Autokeep Items (Read the entire topic before voting please)  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should auto-keep items have a repair-cost?

• Yes, all auto-keep items should have a repair cost
    • Yes, but not all auto-keep items should have a repair cost (see question 2)
    • No, it's fine the way it is
  2. 2. If you've voted for option 2, what items should have a repair cost? (not considering the ones that already have a repair cost)

• Cursed Items
    • Completionist Armor
    • Torture (or), Anguish (or), Occult (or)
    • Imbued God capes
    • Max Capes (all different variants)
    • Ethereal Items
    • Ring of Vigour (i)
    • Enchanted Gloves / Boots

Since 'Cursed Void' was added into the game, I've seen some debates spark in which players were debating whether or not certain items needed or did not need a repair cost tied to them, and if the player the person died to needed to be rewarded.

The idea was circulating that upon death, an X% of the repair-cost should be awarded to the surviving player, I'd like to have input from the community to discuss the most viable option.

Before we spark a debate, let's review that stats of Cursed Obsidian Armor and a variety of other armor sets:

- Cursed Obsidian Armor - 

Spoiler

52e0b924123427df6018e99566bb761c.png

- 'Starter' Armor - 

Spoiler

37f891fa2cc089d7ece16801b9ab8725.png

- Bandos Armor -

Spoiler

1f983652536f041b6752da281b244632.png

- Completionist II armor -

Spoiler

8028945d7017792ff6c4f719edf47952.png

- Completionist III armor -

Spoiler

2f37a344850581fbf85d2a524067410c.png

- Statius' Armor - 

Spoiler

f9e7669bb5a615954f5a8f397df017ee.png

- Vesta's Armor -

Spoiler

f7f56257bc230debe95b8ee4f9cf8814.png

If you were too lazy to examine the armor and review it's bonusses, below you'll find a list in order of best defensive and offensive bonusses:

Defensive: Vesta > Statius > Cursed > Completionist III > Bandos > Starter > Completionist II

Offensive: Vesta > Statius , other comparisons are hard to make, since the other armors dont give any positive attack bonuses.

So meaning, cursed armor, although it is free (after using your Cursed Relic on the Obsidian Armor pieces) it has more defensive bonusses than completionist 3 armor.

My own opninion is that it, in its current state, it should not be better than Completionist III armor (since you have to complete ALL of the achievements) or bandos (since bandos is not free). If there was a repair cost attached to the cursed obsidian, its place would be rigtheous.

============================================================================================================================

Void armor set

Moving on to the 'Cursed Void', we have to look at its stats before making a valid opinion.

- Cursed Void -

Imagine might be stolen from the youtube channel : NotYourAverageNoob 

Spoiler

2d5f0526d75fa650774c1aa913f2c193.png

- Elite Void-

Spoiler

b540544e06f146b1797e66cda98333f1.png

- Regular Void -

Spoiler

4fd59b0ce0e6d7589074e97ef141ef0a.png

Comparing the void sets versus each other the same way we did with the Cursed Obsidian comparisons we get the following:

Offensive:  Cursed Void = Elite Void > Regular Void

Defensive:  Cursed Void > Elite Void > Regular Void

Keeping in mind that Elite Void comes at a repair cost of 100M each piece, and 'Cursed Void' has no repair cost, the order might seem strange. (Keep in mind that Cursed Void requires you to use the 'Cursed Void Ornament Kit' on the pieces)

My own opinion is that the 'Cursed Void' should come at a repair cost as well, pricing it at 150M each piece would not seem to strange to me, since the cursed void has 50% more defensive stats than the Elite Void (which is 100M each piece).

============================================================================================================================

Ornament Kits

Ornament kits are a bit of a hard topic, because, let's say you take the occult (or):

The occult (or) give more magic bonus then the spawnable amulet of fury, but it gives less defensive bonusses and the fury gives bonusses in more different attack styles. So if you are NHing for instance and you want to switch to ranged, the occult is not a viable amulet, so you need an amulet switch, thereby losing a slot in which you could've put another item that gave range bonus as well (i.e. the dragonfire ward).

You can ofcourse bring both items, but that would result in more switching, and therefor making it harder to use. 

So in my opinion, that approximately evens out. But ofcourse, I'd like to hear different opinions.

• Like 1

I've also excluded blood items from the Poll, since those items are easily obtainable for all players.

I think the best solution is to give people X cash per X item a person is using that is auto kept. Ethereal's should not be on this list given there is only ONE of each of these items. Ethereal gloves are excluded because they match the stats of barrows gloves, and other ethereal pieces like mask/staff are not auto kept so are exempt from this. I'd be damned if i spent hundreds of bills on a contest only to have a repair fee on my ethereal item. Max capes and imbued god capes should also be removed from this list because their stats are so irrelevant and totally useless. Only reason imbued god cape is viable is because of its magic damage bonus, otherwise no one would bother using it. I have an infernal max cape and if I had to repair it because someone thought it was a good idea I expect my 25M bounties back that I spent on that cape along with all the other variants I bought like Infernal/ava's/fire max cape.

Personally I told the team and Ryan we should stop with the auto kept items, and cursed void was an exception because it already was auto kept in the elite void version. Then rolls out another update featuring enchanted boots. Not a necessity, a good cash sink yeah but at the moment very overpowered. We now have auto kepts in every slots boys, what the future holds is beyond me now.

I'd say autokept items should have repair fees just because they make you pretty overpowered. Something like those enchanted gloves would have 200m repair fee wouldnt hurt. (Just my opinion)

22 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

I think the best solution is to give people X cash per X item a person is using that is auto kept. Ethereal's should not be on this list given there is only ONE of each of these items(0). Ethereal gloves are excluded because they match the stats of barrows gloves, and other ethereal pieces like mask/staff are not auto kept so are exempt from this. (1) I'd be damned if i spent hundreds of bills on a contest only to have a repair fee on my ethereal item (2). Max capes and imbued god capes should also be removed from this list because their stats are so irrelevant and totally useless. Only reason imbued god cape is viable is because of its magic damage bonus, otherwise no one would bother using it. I have an infernal max cape and if I had to repair it because someone thought it was a good idea I expect my 25M bounties back that I spent on that cape along with all the other variants I bought like Infernal/ava's/fire max cape(3).

Personally I told the team and Ryan we should stop with the auto kept items, and cursed void was an exception because it already was auto kept in the elite void version. Then rolls out another update featuring enchanted boots. Not a necessity, a good cash sink yeah but at the moment very overpowered. We now have auto kepts in every slots boys, what the future holds is beyond me now.

(0): I think scaling the reward of the item is a better solution, since if someone brings, let's say cursed obsidian, it gives a bigger advantage to the player using completionist armor. If both of them were to be included in the calculation, it should be scaled to the 'power' of the item in my opinion.

(1): Yes, i actually forgot about stuff like ethereal mask etc., but since they are barely/never used in PvP they don't need to be added to the list.

(2): If you have spent 'hundreds of bills' on an item, would paying 50M (just an example) be such a bad idea? Let's say the ethereal maul contest. You wouldn't wanna spend 50M to bring an elder maul you won't lose even though it gives you a HUGE advantage?

(3): I forgot to include the ava (t), infernal cape etc etc, but what can be made into a max cape should've been included on the list (except ofcourse the spawnable variant(s)). I just thought expanding the list with max capes might've been a good idea to give players the opportunity to vote on most of the untradeable items at the moment. 

I just think that for new players, the server can be quite un-enjoyable, take a look at the stats of the cursed obby versus the starter-gear, the difference is enormous, and even if a new player is able to take someone using cursed obby down, they don't get rewarded for it. 

Putting effort into something should be rewarded, and all of these 'free' autokeep items discourage that.

Omg yes I love this thread, i have been saying this for the longest time. 

First off Ryan needs to stop making autokeep items it's honestly fucking ridiculous you can walk out into the wildly with a strong set of completely over powered armour and not lose anything. Now that Ryan has added the boots like kella said there is a auto keep item for every slot. 

Secondly can we fuck off with all these over powered custom pets also? Custom pets + autokeep armour = 0 risk = pking is not worth it for other expessially that you can carry more then 1 pet into the wilderness its ridiculous. 

Honestly atm spawnpk = p2w server 

Being a veteran this server has took a gaint downhill turn since I have started playing tell now.

36 minutes ago, Morbid said:

Omg yes I love this thread, i have been saying this for the longest time. 

First off Ryan needs to stop making autokeep items it's honestly fucking ridiculous you can walk out into the wildly with a strong set of completely over powered armour and not lose anything. Now that Ryan has added the boots like kella said there is a auto keep item for every slot. 

Secondly can we fuck off with all these over powered custom pets also? Custom pets + autokeep armour = 0 risk = pking is not worth it for other expessially that you can carry more then 1 pet into the wilderness its ridiculous. 

Honestly atm spawnpk = p2w server 

Being a veteran this server has took a gaint downhill turn since I have started playing tell now.

This is definitely going into account and i'll be making a follow up thread to focus on heavy changes regarding the PvP aspect. Right now i'm focusing on tackling current Autokep items, preventing future uneeded auto kept items(enchanted), and the issue about using multiple pets in the wilderness. 

I like to see ornamented items lost on death, like the AGS(or) or Dscim(or) it just make the games more balanced since ornamented items are way too overpowered in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Legitemately said:

I like to see ornamented items lost on death, like the AGS(or) or Dscim(or) it just make the games more balanced since ornamented items are way too overpowered in my opinion.

They do drop on death tho, if you're risking them that is

On ‎16‎-‎6‎-‎2018 at 1:00 AM, Hooke V2 said:

They do drop on death tho, if you're risking them that is

I also ment the amulets...

SpawnPK has so many auto keeps running around with a pet and full equip slots full of auto keeps.

These items have good stats and 0 loss on death...

The offenders are cursed obsidian, e gloves, e boots if they are auto keep.

At least full void is not cursed you have to have the gloves and helms.

I see you included completionist armor in there so would that mean it would also not be spawnable any more, if so I would be fine just spawning another set of that armor to avoid the cost of repair.