Kellatha

Best In Slot Gear Guide(PvP & PvM)

Hey guys I saw a similar guide on RuneX that i'd like to import over here and make SPK's version of the BIS gear for each attack style including both PvP and PvM gear so that players can know what is the best gear in game for their respective styles.

PvP:

Melee:

PXzzPs5xRaWrox1RLAm3JQ.png?width=400&heiHRA-TcwjTjyyPewdZkzKDg.png?width=400&hei

• Helmet: Viper Helm(Has more accuracy than Magma)
  • Cape: Infernal Cape(Same stats as infernal max)
  • Necklace: Amulet of Torture(or)
  • Main Hand: Frost Tentacle(For DPS), 3rd Age Longsword(For max hit)
  • Off Hand: Avernic Defender
  • Top: Torva Platebody
  • Bottom: Torva Platelegs
  • Gloves: Enchanted Gloves
  • Boots: Primal Boots(Slightly higher defensive boosts compared to primordials)
  • Ring: Ring of Vigour(i)

Range: 

t749-QQhT5Kn7WpD5ZjKKg.png?width=400&heiaDh0RH7JRrCfMeGzD4OU0g.png?width=400&hei

• Helmet: Viper Helmet
  • Cape: Ava's Max Cape(t), Wildy cape has +1 higher range strength but has less accuracy
  • Necklace: Necklace of Anguish(or)
  • Main Hand: Heavy Ballista, Zaryte Bow
  • Top: Kharazi Leatherbody
  • Bottom: Kharazi Chaps
  • Boots: Kharazi Boots
  • Ring: Blood Archers Ring(i)

Mage:

Mage_BIS2.png?width=400&height=242Mage_BIS.png?width=400&height=243

• Helmet: Ancestral Hat
  • Cape: Guthix max cape (Any imbued god cape will do the same)
  • Necklace: Occult Necklace(or)
  • Main Hand: Kodai Wand
  • Off Hand: Mystic Tome
  • Top: Ancestral Top, Blood Shaman Top
  • Bottom: Ancestral Bottom, Blood Shaman robes
  • Gloves: Tormented Bracelet
  • Boots: Bloodmancer Boots
  • Ring: Seers Ring(i)

PvM:

Melee:

BPDREuXxS6mMj9wuX73bqQ.png?width=400&heifBS5PeCOQk289Y1-_knVZQ.png?width=400&hei

• Helmet: Lava Slayer Helmet
  • Cape: Infernal Cape
  • Necklace: Bloodmancer Pendant
  • Main Hand: Scythe of Vitur, Vesta Long Sword
  • Off Hand: Avernic Defender
  • Top: Torva Platebody
  • Bottom: Torva Platelegs
  • Boots: Primal Boots
  • Ring: Grand Ring(i)
  • Pet: Tectonic Fairy

Range:

3cMusHBWRFquT0ztU9kXvQ.png?width=400&heiez8Lh-6wQz2fchTfcQe26g.png?width=400&hei

• Helmet: Fused Slayer Helmet
  • Necklace: Blood Pendant
  • Main Hand: Twisted bow, Blowpipe
  • Top: Kharazi Leatherbody
  • Bottom: Kharazi Chaps
  • Ring: Grand Ring(i)

Mage:

lb6B4FHxQ0qLlD92b84jeQ.png?width=400&hei

• Helmet: Fused Slayer Helmet
  • Necklace: Blood Pendant
  • Main Hand: Kodai Wand
  • Off Hand: Tome of Fire
  • Top: Blood Shaman Top
  • Bottom: Blood Shaman Robes
  • Ring: Grand Ring
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Kellatha said:

Helmet: Magma Helmet/Blood Crown(same stats as magma helm)

I think viper is better for melee, viper only has -1 str which makes no difference in max hits (didnt test this so could be wrong) but it has waaay better offensive stats.

Great guide anyways gj.

Edited by despair

31 minutes ago, despair said:

I think viper is better for melee, viper only has -1 str which makes no difference in max hits (didnt test this so could be wrong) but it has waaay better offensive stats.

Great guide anyways gj.

Tested it out with AGS(or) and it did make a difference. Max hit went from 61-62 (viper to magma)with auto, spec stayed at 84 though. http://prntscr.com/jqyji8

Also i'd like to highlight that different attacks do change the damage. http://prntscr.com/jqyjw0 

Slash and Smash both do 62 Auto in max melee, http://prntscr.com/jqykb0 Meanwhile Chop and Block do 60 damage.

10 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

Tested it out with AGS(or) and it did make a difference. Max hit went from 61-62 (viper to magma)with auto, spec stayed at 84 though. http://prntscr.com/jqyji8

Also i'd like to highlight that different attacks do change the damage. http://prntscr.com/jqyjw0 

Slash and Smash both do 62 Auto in max melee, http://prntscr.com/jqykb0 Meanwhile Chop and Block do 60 damage.

Isnt it better to use viper then? Aint like 1 more max hit seals the deal over more accuracy

4 minutes ago, despair said:

Isnt it better to use viper then? Aint like 1 more max hit seals the deal over more accuracy

Maybe not on one hit weapons but weapons that hit based on variables like dragon claws, or rasi spec that scales off of max strength bonus and hit's amazingly high due to melee being weak to mage. That +1 could mean an extra 4 damage on dragon claws, double that for another 4(for the second spec). If you have vigour(i) you can spec a third team with another possible 4 damage, giving a 12 damage extra in the fight you would of not had without that extra +1 str. Minuscule damage boosts, but every little bit counts :P 

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL TWISTED BOW BEST IN SLOT FOR PVP LMFAOOO 

Edited by _Jorik_

Not gonna lie i think you forgot about many items, also think you've completely ignored context when it comes to the PVP items, sure tbow looks the best stat wise, but no spec bar slow attacks makes it honestly useless compared to many other weapons, ballista is straight up garbage for a main hand similar to the ways mage is, too slow too inaccurate.

• Like 1

If you guys see things that should be changed, specifically pvp related, let her know. Commenting that she has missed something isn't helping players that would be interested in reading this thread. 

BIS has an objective meaning, it's only numbers, what the math itself actually proves. Usefulness is subjective and only has situation dependent relevancy. It's 100% about theory not practicality. I like hyperbole's, so this is my example: Would Torva+divine and any 1h be "BIS" for range because the defense\soak from divine and Torva would outweigh any range bonus received from Kharazi? No. It's about what can be proved.

A real example: There's a trick to buffer the spec bar to do a NS insta, a specbar isn't needed for a 1tick. Needing one is subjective and relevant, even my answer is so. You can see what I'm getting at.

When considering all "useful" factors (DPS, shields, leech mechanics, veng countering, swifts, and more) and after Zbow's nerf, it's max DPS being limited to less than 21.649 DPS (weird working formula, I would have to give 2 different DPS' at different intervals, it wouldn't make very much sense) from 31.667~ DPS, the "best" PvP range weapon would be a spawnable weapon. Rune knifes. 

Tbow after it's formula fix (even though a Pvm wep) and balli are the two least "limited" weapons in-game. 

Spoiler

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?380,381,339,65846170 While the Twisted Bow has strong base stats, it can become stronger or weaker against opponents depending on their magic level or magic attack bonus.

It has 124.75% damage scaling and 94.8% accuracy scaling against 99 magic.

On a side note the only improvement I see would've been a 3rd option for range, which would've been a 3rd age bow. Max bonuses for big hits vs DPS is what most this guide uses and range used big hit vs bigger hit (still most DPS). Even though balli has the most theoretical DPS/ele c'bow has the highest average DPS, 3rd age bow probably has the most "constant" DPS 

Edited by Y I P K U
Typo
  • Thanks 2

On ‎6‎-‎6‎-‎2018 at 7:00 PM, Aquaman said:

If you guys see things that should be changed, specifically pvp related, let her know. Commenting that she has missed something isn't helping players that would be interested in reading this thread. 

Him*

5 hours ago, Legitemately said:

Him*

Tyrone*

5 hours ago, WASHMYCAT69 said:

72% drop rate bonus and i see ppl saying pvming is hard lmfa0

Tbh sometimes it feels like it doesn't even help. I had 52-57% and didn't get a drop on tekton until my 501st kill, mind you it was a shitty kodai.

17 hours ago, Kellatha said:

Tyrone*

Tbh sometimes it feels like it doesn't even help. I had 52-57% and didn't get a drop on tekton until my 501st kill, mind you it was a shitty kodai.

All rng m9