Sign in to follow this  
Jimm0

Many Magic Improvements

I'd like to use mage more on the server but find it lacking compared to both range and melee. Here are some suggestions to help boost mage use (I hope). Please comment on the validity of each idea:

- There should be a right-click autocast option on the spell (autocasting without a staff could be possible) much like (roughly) RS in 2009. I quite liked this.

- Autocast options for zuriels staff are not correct - you can't autocast miasmic spells.

- Autocast options for staff of the dead aren't right - you can't autocast flames of zamorak (without 'cheating')

Personally I think the first point would be the most beneficial to bringing mage back into the spotlight. I'd quite like to be able to pk in edgy with mage (but not nhing).

Cheers

1 hour ago, Jimm0 said:

I'd like to use mage more on the server but find it lacking compared to both range and melee. Here are some suggestions to help boost mage use (I hope). Please comment on the validity of each idea:

- There should be a right-click autocast option on the spell (autocasting without a staff could be possible) much like (roughly) RS in 2009. I quite liked this.

- Autocast options for zuriels staff are not correct - you can't autocast miasmic spells.

- Autocast options for staff of the dead aren't right - you can't autocast flames of zamorak (without 'cheating')

Personally I think the first point would be the most beneficial to bringing mage back into the spotlight. I'd quite like to be able to pk in edgy with mage (but not nhing).

Cheers

-1 on the right click autocast, but +1 on the autocast fixing.

Honestly with the trident of the swamp mage is more than viable at edge with the appropriate gear. However mage isn't really designed to be a main style of combat to be used at edgeville (unless you're rushing/ hybridding) so the fact that the trident makes it somewhat viable is always something nice. Although the issue with mage not being that great at edgeville isn't down to the autocast its more down to the accuracy at times i feel im splashing 5+ times on melee gear in ancesteral etc which honestly should never happen, mage also is a much slower style of attack making it not that easy to put consistent damage out when u have to be eating a lot with the lack of defence in mage gear.

Thanks for all the replies. Glad most of you agree. I've yet to test out elemental staff but I'll do that as soon as I find a cheapish one in TP.

Autocasting magic should be nerfed, it is way to op compared to F4/Magic spellbook - click spell - click on opponent since switching armour doesn't remove the attack animation meaning u don't have to wait on it.

What I meant by autocasting is that there would be a right click option over combat spells in the F4 magic tab, one of which (second down?) is autocast. This was a feature in RS2 in around 2009 (ish? correct me if i'm wrong)

On 6/2/2018 at 7:51 AM, lzerraptorz said:

-1 on the right click autocast, but +1 on the autocast fixing.

^this, with the below reasoning. I don't think autocasting should be nerfed though.

On 6/2/2018 at 1:30 PM, E O O E VII said:

Autocasting magic should be nerfed, it is way to op compared to F4/Magic spellbook - click spell - click on opponent since switching armour doesn't remove the attack animation meaning u don't have to wait on it.

If right-click autocasting without a weapon (or if right clicking barrage with a staff) is added please, please keep in mind autocasting SHOULD take 1tick longer to activate than manually casting. <- Edit: I said "activate" but the cast shouldn't take an extra tick, right clicking it should.

https://www.reddit.com/r/2007scape/comments/6e1bpm/suggestion_an_argument_for_2011_style_autocasting/?st=jhxsmcqb&sh=8709e5fd

^not initial post but the comments are important.

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/a=13/changes-to-autocasting-spells?jptg=ia&jptv=news_archive

^ the original autocast notes from magic overhaul update patch. Some of the changes kept autocasting in mind, all staves were given % magic damage based on level during this rework.

Edited by Y I P K U