Sign in to follow this  
ko that bic

Edgeville rag

i personally think ragging at edgeville should be stopped and punishable as new players often go their first to try the server and pk, a lot of them make mistakes and will attack some veteran players. what do these vets do? they rag the new players making them completely not want to play the server. i literally helped a guy for 30 minuets, all was well. then he tried to pk and shot me a message saying "(not going to name him) is ragging me for attacking him with a red skull" i tried to talk to the guy but he wasn't having it, only saying things to encourage the new player to log out and "stop being retarded" keep ragging  from the first 5 levels of wilderness in edgeville. 

I see where you are coming from and understand the concerns, you will hit on hard ground with this topic tho, people dont seem to want to understand its not about taking ragger their "powers" its more about preventing bullying but welp, dont expect much backup.

Edited by despair

Absolutely don't support this whatsoever, while I do understand your perspective RAG/NS is and always will remain a form of PKing.

I have seen numerous Runescape Private Servers attempt to deal with it and accomplish nothing aside from the downfall of their Servers.

- Continuous drama, due to users not being able to retaliate to rushers, pjers or plain provocative users.

- Playerbase drops tremendously, no matter it will continue and Players will be banned, welcome to the RSPS Community.

Personally, I am nowhere near to being a saint.. but I don't do so without valid or justifiable reasons.

Yes, there's also those who do so for the sole purpose of bullying without reasoning behind it whatsoever, which is a form of harassment.

- Solution, I believe it could be moderated to an extend by implementing a rule under "Harassment" against blatant bullying at Edgeville.

Although I doubt it'll do much, it's worth a shot but it shouldn't be removed from SpawnPK entirely as it is a method to deal with peasants as mentioned above.

Sincerely, Doctor E.

When I first started, I had nothing but torso n shit. Some guy tried ragging me for ddsing him x4 & I dealt with the problem of ragging him back. The raggers on spk aren't that good & you'll find most of the time if you grab tank & knives, they'll probably leave (within time). 

I dont think ragging should be banned imo as a 'ragger' myself I think that SPK is one of the main servers to have ragging allowed & that's why I played it back in the day, To think it would be banned I'd be quite bored on SPK & I'll be forced to nhermen or pvmermen

• Like 1

if you get ragged its your fault. learn to talk out of it and dont cry to other people about it b/c then they have a reason to rag (so you have a reaction)

idk the raggers that play atm but as long as you dont flame them for ragging you and apologize, you should be fine

he attacked a redskull while he was probably risking nothing. thats the reason he got ragged. 

• Like 1

Someone makes this exact topic once a month.

Ragging being illegal makes everything too complicated, what qualifies as ragging varies and has to be handled case by case. Aka literally babysitting people. Even besides that, ragging being punishable kills server's.

The pro's of ragging greatly outweigh the con's.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Y I P K U said:

Someone makes this exact topic once a month.

Ragging being illegal makes everything too complicated, what qualifies as ragging varies and has to be handled case by case. Aka literally babysitting people. Even besides that, ragging being punishable kills server's.

The pro's of ragging greatly outweigh the con's.

What exactly are the pro's of ragging?

13 minutes ago, Xenology said:

What exactly are the pro's of ragging?

Player's not being banned, an active wilderness/server, and PK content/style not being limited (say bye to rushers, brids, NHers, and other PKer's, not just raggers). 

Probably 100~ others.

17 minutes ago, Y I P K U said:

Player's not being banned, an active wilderness/server, and PK content/style not being limited (say bye to rushers, brids, NHers, and other PKer's, not just raggers). 

Probably 100~ others.

Fair point.