Glorified

Client Problems

Hello, I was wondering if I can get some help with a minor problem. I try to download the client and run it, but it says that I need to make an association between the client and a program. Well, I am guessing that means Java, but when i search through my programs, Java isn't there (unless I don't know where I am looking). Wondering if I can get a bit of help. I am on Windows 10. 

Java (Standard JRE version) won't usually show per-say as a "program". It's a library of stored stuff, more of a behind the scenes thing, unless it's JDK there won't be an actual "program" of Java that you can open. (I don't think this matters if Windows 10, it shouldn't)

You can check if your machine currently has Java by navigating to your Windows (C:) drive and looking through both "Program files" folders for a folder called "Java"

You downloaded Java before all of this correct? If not the download link is below:

https://java.com/en/download/

After this get back to me and let me know if you're still having any problems.

@Glorified

Don't mean for the double post, but I didn't mention you in the initial post and I don't think a notification is given if a mention is edited in

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Glorified said:

Hello, I was wondering if I can get some help with a minor problem. I try to download the client and run it, but it says that I need to make an association between the client and a program. Well, I am guessing that means Java, but when i search through my programs, Java isn't there (unless I don't know where I am looking). Wondering if I can get a bit of help. I am on Windows 10. 

Y I P K U posted a excellent guide @Glorified! Let us know if that worked, if not we can keep offering solutions.

• Thanks 1

Awesome! I will check this guide out. And yes, I have downloaded Java already. Thank you for the immediate responses both of you. I'll message you Y I P K U if everything comes out well!

@Kellatha

@Y I P K U

Still in need of desperate help. There is no spawnpk cache folder or spawnpk folder in my files. Client does not register as an associated file with Java. I have the most updated Java version. I am on Windows 10. 

7 hours ago, Glorified said:

Still in need of desperate help. There is no spawnpk cache folder or spawnpk folder in my files. Client does not register as an associated file with Java. I have the most updated Java version. I am on Windows 10. 

Try moving the client to your desktop, right click it and click on the option that says "Open with" and click on java. Like in this screenie: http://prntscr.com/jjubph

For some reason it wouldn't show that option for him, the client kept saving as weblink. Tried setting .jar files to be associated with Java, still saved as a weblink, even when using "opens with:" and Java/Javaw the client wouldn't open. Usually opening a jar with regular Java will show 2 associates in the open's with, wouldn't do that either.

Walked him through fix I know besides the second client download, couldn't help, I'm stumped :/. 

5 minutes ago, Glorified said:

:( we did our best, y i p k u. i guess it wasnt meant to me for me to play this server again :( 

I've linked this to Ryan as a last resort. I'm sure he'll be able to help. Stay tuned for a reply from him in the future :) 

• Sad 1

Hey @Glorified!

Try this guide out: 

The title states "fixing right-click issues" but the method should also help you out with your issue.

Let me know how it works out!

Thanks,
Ryan

WOAH! You did it Ryan! Thank you very much! I got passed my other problems and now I am just waiting for the client to update!

I have the client loading and running! Perfect! Only problem is that the client box is extremely small. Way smaller than I anticipate the default size is supposed to be. Do you happen to know how to change this? 

I will fiddle with it to figure it out by myself, but just in case.

13 hours ago, Glorified said:

I have the client loading and running! Perfect! Only problem is that the client box is extremely small. Way smaller than I anticipate the default size is supposed to be. Do you happen to know how to change this? 

I will fiddle with it to figure it out by myself, but just in case.

It may be fixed from changing your resolution or you may have to use Resource Tuner. 

To change your resolution simply right click the background of your desktop then select "Screen Resolutions/Options" it should usually be the 2nd option from the bottom. Lower your display from 4k/2k.

If the above doesn't work the options below is the Resource Tuner guide, made by the owner Ryan.

16 minutes ago, Glorified said:

What do you mean by 4k though? I only have options like 1980x1200, etc.

4k would be like 3840x2160 or 3096x2160, 2k would be 2048x1080. 4k/2k and other resolutions are basically how many pixels wide (horizontal) there are. 1980 is near 2000 pixels wide so it would be 2k resolution. Try to lower it to an option slightly above 1k (should be like 1280/1366/1400). If you have a very high resolution screen this may not work, and you may have to use resource tuner.

Closed as OP got their problem solved. Topic closed. @Glorified If you have resolution problems we also have a topic for that:  https://spawnpk.net/forums/index.php?/topic/10679-small-screen-high-resolution-fix-on-windows-10/

If not, from personal experience, to resolve small things on 4K you can make your scaling bigger so things will look bigger for you. Check out this screenie for how to do it: