Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

"Small screen" high resolution fix on Windows 10

Step 1 - Locate java.exe

Locate the java.exe SpawnPK is running on.

Open up a task manager and find the java process which is often using the most CPU.

Open the drop down and right-click on it to Open file location.

wrwElIF.png

Step 2 - Download Resource Tuner

http://www.restuner.com/

Download and install it. It has 30 days free trial, so you should be fine.

Step 3 - Backup java.exe

Make a copy of java.exe for backup in case you want to restore it later.

e9vxq1h.png

Step 4 - Using Resource Tuner

Open the program and drag and drop java.exe in it.

Click on Manifest and then Neutral.

Find the word dpiAware.

Change the value true to false.

Save the file using File - Save as.

You might not be able to write to the JRE/bin folder with this program so just place the file on your desktop.

B3zrCXE.png

You will need to replace the original java.exe with this one on your desktop using File Explorer.

However if you get this error:

HXCkvnW.png

You need to restart your computer and make sure no java programs are running before you replace the file.

Would this fix CPU usage issues? I'm getting 30% CPU usage (i75500U) and 300mb ram, is that to be expected? My fan's always going crazy when I run SpawnPK :/

Edited by momotron

On 3/22/2018 at 8:47 AM, momotron said:

Would this fix CPU usage issues? I'm getting 30% CPU usage (i75500U) and 300mb ram, is that to be expected? My fan's always going crazy when I run SpawnPK :/

That's a laptop CPU I think https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7-5500U+%40+2.40GHz&id=2470 it's not a good processor to begin with. I don't think it is that demanding to run, I imagine your running a laptop that's 4k? With a weak CPU? You might of wanted to do some research before that lol.

4 hours ago, Kellatha said:

That's a laptop CPU I think https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7-5500U+%40+2.40GHz&id=2470 it's not a good processor to begin with. I don't think it is that demanding to run, I imagine your running a laptop that's 4k? With a weak CPU? You might of wanted to do some research before that lol.

Yup you're right, my other laptopn i5 is doing fine. Damn ls :/

What does this thing that ryan shows actually does? Does it make "regular/small" possible to make bigger? Cause playing full screen would be terrible, but id like this tiny client to look the same, just be a bit biggers [players/icons/letters] everything bigger. Is this what this does?