Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

[5/17/2018] Combat improvements, patches, new pet fusion!

OljOyLL.png

Content updates:

• Bounty teleport scrolls
    • This new spawnable and stackable item allows you to teleport to your bounty hunter target
    • Teleportation involves the standard restrictions (no usage in level 20/30+ wild without alien, etc.)
  • New pet fusion: Infernal death
    • Required ingredients:
      • 5x Death pets
      • 3x Blood phoenix pets
      • 500x Blood shards
    • Includes an "infernal" particle glow effect
  • Max hit dummies
    • Max hit indicator display should now be more accurate
    • Fixed a bug that allowed you to move the max hit dummies
  • Telescope
    • Added a telescope at home located next to Mandrith
    • Interacting with this telescope allows you to view the player count in a variety of areas
  • Healing
    • Using the heal button will no longer cancel or remove your boosted hitpoints (from brews, etc.)
  • Bloodlust scrolls
    • Bloodlust scrolls are now stackable
    • You now receive more scrolls per vote based on your donator rank
  • Granite maul
    • Special attack bar should now activate/highlight when clicked outside of combat
  • Graphics
    • Soulsplit, leech, etc. should no longer interrupt barrage freeze/orb graphics
  • Animations
    • Fixed issues where vital animations (such as attacking) are improperly interrupted in middle of combat
    • Fixed an issue where your player intermittently fires their bow without an animation
    • Recoil damage will no longer cause your player to do block animations
  • Pathfinding (combat)
    • Your player will now prioritize the North/South axis positions when in combat, allowing for proper (predictable) positioning
    • We plan on making more improvements with pathing in the near future, stay tuned!
  • Kharazi minigame
    • Spawnable items will now also drop on death in the kharazi jungle
    • Non-stackable items will not drop in single stacks after opening chests with a full inventory
  • Dragonfire shield
    • Gave correct defensive stat bonuses
      • They previously had the "uncharged" bonuses, giving little benefit for defense
    • Reduced attack range to 10 tiles/squares
  • Armadyl godsword (or)
    • Increased special attack accuracy
  • Magic (PvP combat)
    • Fixed ice barrage damage cap (42)
  • Weapon stances
    • Added proper stances for the following items:
      • Tzhaar ket om (obby maul)
      • Toktz xil ul (obby rings)
      • Tzhaar ket em (obby mace)
      • Toktz mej tal (obby staff)
  • Loadouts
    • Changed the items for all of the default loadouts
      • Replaced most of the equipment with higher defensive stats (barrows), allowing newer players to block more attacks
    • Added new experimental "pure" default loadout
      • Work in progress, feel free to suggest any other (or existing) default loadouts that would be helpful for newbies
  • Edgeville
    • Fixed various areas with clipping issue (invisible "walls" or "objects" that interrupt pathfinding)
    • Fixed no-clipping wall behind the max hit dummy next to Mandrith
  • Trading
    • Fixed bug with trade requests intermittently failing to send
  • Youtubers
    • Added a new ::youtuber command that displays a list of all online youtubers
  • Like 3

Can't wait to login, I'm hyped. Thank you very much

Pathing is wayyyyy better. It has a few flaws/weird mechanics, some look kinda buggy, I can't/won't test them in the wild. I want to test mechanics in PK-situations so these exact ones will have to wait till I go to clanwars.

Prediction during with pathing works slightly "too well":  <- still confirming if this is so/exactly how. I think this only happens when on the same square as an opponent while moving different directions. Both players will do a buggy animation where neither is facing eachother/turning and they will fire their bolts through their back then instantly turn 180 degrees, it just looks weird if you see it.

If someone teleports during combat it's possible for you to sprint across the map too quickly (when someone ::homes you'll "teleport" in the direction they teleport) I think it has to be in between attacks.

When doing movement that makes your opponent turn 180 degrees and back to the direction they're facing they'll do a weird animation, almost as if unsure where to turn. This was during a 4-point-click test doing north-south-north-south with varying click consistency (was meant not to be consistent) so that PROBABLY has some effect as they should be turning back and forth very quickly. I'll have to test different scenarios later.

Edit: Hnnggggggggggggggggg, after a bit of testing I could go on for days about the level of complex mechanics and pathing this update has added to the game, I actually want to hug you right now. Truly amazed at the things possible.

There's still a few weird thing's with pathing but I've been waiting for the next patch to test some of them.

Edited by Y I P K U

Amazing update once again! Keep the work up! Doing soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good job!!!

I preferably like the combat patches, it seems  the nh community has still something to say

Spoiler

On 5/19/2018 at 12:38 AM, Bowflexxx said:

New pet looks sick! Everything else is neat. LOVE IT!

BTW Flexxx the pet sucks... it's useless You should ask Ryan about pet mboxes

Have tested the combat and its much better than previous, but why is the follow dance gone it is sad day 

Great update by the way, but just a quick one:

Can something be done about these obby rings? they have ruined edge pking for now. they seem to hit consistent 25s and hit as a melee attack. very strange. any idea what's up with that?

Ignore my last one. Literally 2 mins after I posted Ryan fixed it