Sign in to follow this  
Y I P K U

Y I P K U's QoL, Bugfix, and Suggestion Thread

Prioritizing this ATM~june 11th

Honestly 99% of people don't bother reading this, if you clicked this thread I'd recommend not using your time, close it and read something else.

Forward thoughts: This is a rough draft that I've redacted a lot of the info from, only leaving the clearer subjects, there's a lot more.. I'm blaming some of these bugs on the game engine itself, fixing them won't be simple. I think many of these bugs can't be fixed without a major revision, it's not possible to wave a magic wand and type "fix all" and everything will be good. that's what kinda put me off from finishing this, there's too much. This is unfinished but it's basically my finished product, I'm still doing a few small edits, mostly screenshots (I wanted to get this posted) but it'll more or less going to stay as is, there's not going to be any fancy formatting, colors, grammar edits, or huge detailed additions. This isn't the average "hur dur game is broken, fix it" post, I know SPK isn't RS2 or OSRS but they have to be used as a standard/benchmark, they're the only thing to compare to. 

Because how these inconsistencies/bugs work, many of them go hand-in-hand with each-other, more so with pathing. It's a butterfly effect, they create synergy, it ripples.

Warning this was a rough draft so it doesn't have the best of thought process/organizing behind it.

Index

Section 1: Last Patch(es):

Section 2: Items/item sets; QoL and Bug Fixes:

Section 3: Pathfinding:

Section 4: Combat:

Section 5: Misc QoL and Misc Bugs:

Section 6: More; Formulas Etc. [VERY IMPORTANT]

Section 7: Other suggestions/New additions - FINAL SUGGESTION HERE [VERY IMPORTANT]

Last Patches:

Despite the improvements there's still some Bugs from the last patch: 

Some animations that should be animation cancelled aren't anymore and vise-versa, some animations are wonky, heavily around dfs. (I love animation cancels, still looking into these) As rs3 and OSRS don't have the same mechanics as RS2/pre-EoC I'll be judging these on memory. This interferes with some combos such as the Granite Maul.            <- after months I finally figured some of this out.

Bug at new max hit dummy, you're able to walk through the wall into the hut, but not back out of it. Small bug.

r7yfhVz.png

There is currently a bug which can VERY easily be used to give infinite range on : projectiles; range, magic and and even some melee. Because of the nature of this bug, and the fact I've seen a few people abuse it, but not to the full extent. I don't want to explain anymore on it, I'll pm an admin about this.

6Y4aSf7.png<- notice minimap and hitsplat.

I'm not invisible, this isn't the invisible player glitch (that happens due to lag), this took some trickery but I'm able to hit an alt FROM ANOTHER GAME CELL. If I said what weapon I was using this would seem even more ridiculous. I right clicked my name before issuing a movement command, that's why you can see it.  (to my knowledge this happened after the range projectile change)

Gmaul: Granite maul specbar still doesn't highlight it's not possible to ready the spec beforehand, you're also it's not possble to spec while standing still/ready your spec. On the brightside gmaul now works while in motion/at a distance, it's almost fixed.

j6pjrcR.png yippie

Items/Item sets; Qol and Bug Fixes:

Give weapons the correct attack styles/attack interface. This honestly could just be a visual bug and if it is, then it's not a very big deal but it doesn't seem visual AT ALL. 
Example on RS, some weapons have 3 attack options. On SPK the standard attack style interface/options that almost every weapon has is 4 attack styles. What exactly is this 4th attack style when it's RS counterpart has 3?  Some weapons best attack styles are stab or crush while the standard interface is for slash weapons (0 crush options, 1 stab). On rs most weapons change attack animation depending on attack style, this works for some (most?) SPK weapons, but do the different attack styles even have an affect if the interface is bugged? The animations are mostly right.

A little more reasoning behind this is the fact every spawn range weapon besides rune crossbow and rune knifes have bugged interfaces, they have melee options there. In combat they also do melee damage/give melee xp and their accuracy/damage isn't based off range accuracy/str, it's off melee. This is opposite for some melee weapons like the kitchen knife, they're "range" weapons. Even ele staff auto attack is range. My logic is if a entire class of weapons can be bugged and use a different class of damage/have the wrong interfaces, then some melee weapons with the wrong interfaces might also be bugged? The Weapons are doing the right damage (Str option should only be 1 DMG more) but the accuracy of some weapons is limited by the interface.

Low tier spawn weapons/some non-spawn (cls, prap,and others) don't have the correct attack styles/attack inferfaces. After testing many weapons that on rs, only have the "crush" attack style, but have slash/stab attack styles/interface options(bugged) here. The accuracy is comparable to using your fist/event rpg/bugged range weapons. While testin an obby maul (tztok-ket-om) and mini maul (tzhaar-ket-em) with a flameburst, I was able to hit about 1:10-1:15~, one fight I did not hit once and many fights I only hit 3-5 times. This was in near max attack bonus/max gear, I chose vesta becase it's small attack bonus+goliath, primordials, torture or etc. I assume the only reason there was hits, was because of the buffed combat system+turmoil. while having more attack bonus in crush than my opponent should have in slash and wearing much much better defense gear than them, I almost lost in DPS. I 2x veng'd/used ags spec early(only at high hp, this was a dps test not for kills), then used veng/dfs every second it was up. Because of how the weapons performed on their own, I gave them best possible chance for DPS during fights including: reduced veng timer, venom from viper helm, eternal recoil, using spec weapons, and only fought people who I assumed were new accounts etc. These weapons had every edge possible, so much it's honestly cheating for test purposes. They were still very very bad accuracy wise but have the right strength. Some spawn weapons that have a "custom" attack interface such as: Dragon Battle Axe, Dragon Mace, Barrelchest Anchor, and some non spawns hit well. (I also tested "bugged interface" weapons on new accounts, very bad, I don't need to discuss how it went) <- this wasn't only tested with tzhar ket om.

I'm not saying give every weapon non spawn the correct interface/styles. Please fix give the correct interfaces to all non spawns and spawn weapons with pk potential. All dragon gear/obby gear (staff, knife, sword, mini maul, maul etc I need to look more into which ones don't have them). Could every spec weapon example even bone dagger, doregshuun cbow etc, have a working special attack?

Dfs:

OucLwO6.png <- 20 STAB BONUS?? IT ALMOST HAS AS MUCH STRENGTH AS DEFENSE, MY DROPRATE IS ALMOST HIGHER THAN ITS DEFENSE BONUS, ITS MAGIC DEFENSE IS ALMOST AS MUCH ITS STAB DEFENSE

4QjaCYW.pngNow that's better.

Dfs overhaul: Give Dfs correct stats. It currently has the stats of the uncharged version, same stats as a mith square ..... it should be the best spawn shield ingame, it's worse than a rune defender and dragon square. This buff would give most pk setups some much needed defense

Reduce DFS attack range on spec, it should be 10 squares it is currently 14+ because it uses full magical pathing (can be more if you know the mechanics)? It doesn't have a projectile/travel time either, it hit's instantly. The two previous bugs give dfs gamebreaking mechanics during combat especially with melee. Example: You can DFS spec, instantly DWH spec because "invisible pathing", then instantly gmaul spec and your character model will still be 15~ squares away because pathing. If the distance was reduced atleast the player would travel at a lower velocity and not instantly teleport (distance during invisible pathing increase speed of the "catch-up pathing" aka pathing you see). If it had a range projectile that would allow for counter play as you know you're about to get wrecked. It would also help on the attacking side with stacking, improving mechanics in general. 

uQUIpuB.png<- Particle on shield but no projectile. There's no travel time either as you can see the dfs animation and hitsplat at the same time.

It also seems a bit too accurate, never hits 0's, might wanna look into that. It would be nice if most aspects of dfs could get an update, on spk it works weird.

Item sets/Power creep: <- power creep has grown significantly since wrote the following in a notepad almost 2+ months ago

SPK population seems to be growing right now (summer is nearing) a lot of old players are returning and many new players are joining every day. Because of new content, end-game pk builds are getting stronger every update, this is "power creep" and will always continue. New spawn sets might halt some inevitable future nerfs.  A change like this might bring some balance in the survivability/kill potential between longtime/returning veterans and completely fresh players. Not every nerf but most seem targeted to one style of pking in particular, the servers most popular; Edgeville.

Change spawnsets/add more default spawn sets. A lot new player don't know how to fully work the spawn tab. A lot of them that I've spoken to have never even pked before, they don't even know gear. They also don't end up fighting new players, they end up fighting veterans with "op gear". Most older players will already be using a barrows set already or something better. But a lot of older players still use this setup because: it's recommended, it's there already and easy to edit. This would beef up new players a bit and help them being rushed with certain weapons. 

Melee: Change torso/neitz to Torags plate/Veracs helm and DFS to Rune Defender. Torso and Neitz are low tier items with defense comparable to rune, they are meant for 45 defense accounts (neitz is 55 but zerker is 45). DFS has less defense than rune defender while lacking all attack bonus of rune def, DFS spec is also unusable for new players (If DFS is buffed this should be the item in the shield slot to encourage new player to still want the special but rune def is in inve?) 

Range: When I see someone in this gear I think he's about to get sliced like butter. All this range bonus doesn't matter if a new player can't attack because he's spent 80% of the fight eating. Change black vambs to barrows gloves. Change karil skirt to Verac Skirt. Robin to Torag Helm, Robin is a training/pvm/fashion item, using it in the wild has almost no benefit. Unholy/zamorak book to dragon sq (DFS if it's buffed?)

Hybrid: This needs a complete overhaul, this style of pking is non-existant. It should be a NH/tribrid setup. Maybe this could be kept to encourage hybridding, but a NH setup in it's spot and hybrid being lower on the spawn list? I can think of a certain Admin who would comeup with a great NH setup.

A Pure setup? Maybe 2 of these??
A range 2h setup
A multi setup for range/melee
A multi tribrid setup, Basically a nh setup but changed slightly?
These are just examples, more could be added.

Pathfinding:

Mc0RoLX.png

mPUxkqW.png <- is too smart, already knows where to turn,

OSRS

p3ZcKpC.png < "wanders" against objects to find the way around the wall (the connecting section of the path between the two parallel parts is the "tie break"

SPK's pathing is TOO SMART. In complicated (enclosed) pathing this is mostly fine, compared to OSRS it actually finished complicated path slightly faster than rs (i think this is because your character speeds up in turning, (which it should but does it too fast). Now in open areas this "smart pathing" is different and becomes a problem. Pathing handles open space of tiles very badly, it seems to calculate pathing along the wrong edges and uses corners of objects as keypoints or waypoints? Complicated pathing is GREAT and this server even has perfect pathing symmetry (job well done on that). 

If the pathfinding doesn’t work well, the user will end up moving the units manually. Avoid this, making units too smart is almost as bad as making units too dumb. On the other hand, it gives better paths. <- a quote from the University of Stanford, used albeit out of context. There's are many situations on SPK where the player has to stop relying on gamepathing, and they have to move their character "manually", "smart pathing" is not always better pathing. Inconsistencies in pathfinding produce a butterfly effect on everything, including other pathing mechanics.

There are two types of pathing situations for runescape, player made pathing and true/game pathing. Playing made pathing is manually clicking multiple times right infront of my character to guide him in the direction that I want to go. An example of true/Game pathing is if I click someone and my character chases without me intervening. One type of pathing should be more optimal than the other depending on the situation. The two types of pathing should not be thought of as one mechanic. 

A problem I see on SPK is it's hard to catch-up to someone, and also very hard to lose someone once they're on you.

Example of follow inconsistency:

A Look at of the "follow" command would be nice. Chasing someone on here is pain.
I'll give a OSRS/pre-eoc scenario: Player A and Player B are facing eachother. Player A follows B. Player-A walks forward one square, he is now standing under Player B. Player A walks forward one more square and turns, following Player B (Always trying to stay BEHIND Player B). 
Now I'll give a SpawnPK scenario. Player A and Player B are facing eachother. Player A follows B. No walking happens he is now following. 
Another SPK scenario: Player B is looking north. Player A is on the tile east of him, and is looking west. Player A follows Player B. A "glides" directly behind B, then glides back to his previous square, finally he glides back behind A. The last part is all in "one step". Following is done
This is based off which direction both players are facing and will have different outcomes depending on that (on rs you will always be forced to follow behind someone) sometimes it can create an extra step(s) in the following process.

Following/Pathing when out of range: (Heavily Tested) This is the second biggest bug of the topic, it's gamebreaking. It also seems with following/attacking at a distance your character will run to where your opponent roughly "was" when the command was issued, then following begins. Not your where your opponent "is". This leads to pathing being much less optimal/linear and more "sideways and straight forward"/clunky when not correcting it by clicking the ground and attack/following again*. When not in attack range, and following/attacking your opponent when he is diagonal from you, you should start to cut across toward him the moment you attack. On Spk when you attack someone out of your attack range, you run to the side for several squares before running toward them, almost getting directly behind them (2 squares to the side). During the chase this will eventually become one square because of pathing angle. You can never get exactly behind them unless correcting your pathing and wasting time/creating distance. Can explain more upon this.  *Running by constantly clicking forward and attacking could be called "orb walking" and is a very different mechanic than true pathing. Pathing should be "greedier?" In the below example I have to walk with the followed person and run with the follower, if they're both running much moe distance is between them. 

OgU0LRL.png<. Should be cutting diagonally north instantly, this screenshot is even after a few steps, instead I stay on the west-east axis

XSWWGtO.png <- I can't find the orig second screen shot, but this is the same path. Still west-east, should've been cutting north long ago

This is only one small example. Example Player A and Player B are near each other. B is 8 sq north and 10 east of A. Player A attacks player B he will either 1. Path to the east for several square and will only start to go north once he is within 5 squares of the north-south axis that B is on, Or 2. Path north and will only go east when within 5 square of the East-west axis B is on. Now A if goes east or north depends on which direction is greater value AT THE MOMENT THE COMMAND WAS ISSUED, he will only path north if the value is greater than east. In this exact scenario A will path east unless B has already walked 3 or more squares north, putting his distance at 11 north/10 east of the player. Now you might think this is no big deal but I'll give 3 examples, 2 with movement and different directions: Same scenario as before, B is 8 north 10 east of A. B clicks north 10 square, and A attacks B at this same moment. B starts to walks 1 square north, A walks 1 east, B is now 11 north and 9 east of A. Now repeat these steps till A Is within 5 square of B's north-south axis and can path north, B is now 15 north and 5 east of A. A is never able to catch B. Basically it's easy to escape if you know how pathing works.

Pathing should be more optimal and a shortest distance possible. (not completely optimal because calculation/"refresh?" rate?). RS uses a variant of the Dijkstra pathfinding algorithm, known as "A Star". In A star there's a concept which decides how much and in what direction you'll move and AI behavior when you're opponent isn't on the same axis as you, making you move diagonal. The concept is called "Distance" and it seems when comparing pathing, runescape uses a different distance variant than SPK. More about distance: a look into skip links in "tie breaking", again something that rs has unique values of. This is probably one of the biggest issues with pathing.

Hugging/Strafing: Attacking with magic/range/melee while in motion (aka strafing) and object hugging, is a bit off on here because of the pathing system. Without a freeze there's almost no way for the one being attacked to hug objects that aren't extremely thin/long ( MB/grave walls) or shake someone loose once they're finally on you. If you can get the right angle (45~degrees on the tile corner) on a object like a tree, you can position the object between yourself and your opponent (even if his following distance is one square). Your opponent should be "stuck" behind it. He has to click/move to the left or right of the tree to go around it and attack. If he doesn't move, you can simply stay on that side to not be attacked. Now if you want to escape, you can run three(4?) squares back (any before this will allow him to follow you) and then have the option to run one square left or one square right to dodge trees to break his follow. You're able to do this because the angle between you and him doesn't allow him to move around the tree, the distance you have to run left/right increases with distance between you and your chaser. Characters/Players will always forcibly path around objects.

Hugging is now slightly better with last update, the melee "strafing" distance is now two squares not one, this makes. The few instances where hugging is possible much easier.

On SPK, characters will always forcibly run around objects to attack, they will never get hugged/"stuck", I attribute this to character not "wandering" when they collide with objects. Hugging as an escape was honestly so common on rs at the forest below sperm hill/hill giants, I remember using this as an escape mechanic 100's of times, these kind of scenarios don't work on here. This takes away a lot of the "mindgames" behind using objects. If you can outmaneuver people it should be easier to escape/outplay them.

Objects: Check clearance value of objects and clearance value around objects during pathing. A look at how characters collide/path/interact with objects and how the objects work in general. 

Flinching: (^Semi-related to above) because of how objects work, the PvM/PvP tactic/mechanic known as "flinching" is almost IMPOSSIBLE to do on SPK. The PvM part being impossible is actually from NPCS clipping objects not player pathing. Flinching is a very useful small mechanic in pking as it allows you to do damage with melee against melee without yourself taking damage(broad generalization it doesn't apply only to melee). (a YT search can give more info on what flinching is and how it is done) In pking outside of bridding it can be used to for an extra/free attack before your opponent can attack back and is in combat, even if they have auto retal on. If you're hitpoint bar isn't showing, the game doesn't read like you're in combat, It only does when it's showing, and it only shows when you're attacked. It takes one tick for the opponent to retaliate. This contributes to barrage-dd but I feel like pathing has a bigger role.

This one relates to objects/hugging again/Flinching^: Players shouldn't be able to attack NPCs/other player with range/magic over objects like walls/trees/stumps/graves etc. Players will also forcibly attack around these object in situations where they shouldn't be able to.

Turning:

A look into character turning. You can't issue a movement command while your character is turning/a movement command is already issued, you have to complete part of your action. Honestly, I think this is one of the biggest thing that gives RS it's unique pathing feel. In general it's a lot more responsive even though it has a "slower" game engine, and I know this isn't from my ping. I'm not sure if this is from the game engine itself or a limit to queries if pathing is calculated server-side. I'm not even sure if this is fully replica-table on a RSPS.

Clicking one direction to run then clicking another direction seems weird. Your character almost makes a "cut" in a V on the tile instead of fluid U shape, this might be from the turn radius? When facing east your character should turn clockwise, when facing west counter clockwise, south clockwise, and north counter clockwise. Direction should only change when completely west or east, there's seems like inconsistency in this which can cause weird movements.    <- I used directions here but it's not direction, it's relative which way your character is facing west=left east=right north=up south=down etc, mistake on my part.

Characters also turn too quickly, this speeds up character movement speed in situations and effects a lot of mechanics. It can "give you less time" to do some actions/,akes some actions/movements impossible, and does a lot of weird things to pathing.

"high pathing":

SPK seems to usually paths "high", this effects many things with pathing. OSRS always paths "low". This difference effects almost every single path. 100% Gamebreaking.

rZlI0ti.png rs low

ROZTpaP.png spk high

Not attacking on the same axis:

I actually had to make a very very shitty diagram to show my biggest pet peeve of SPK. PATHING NOT BEING RIGHT WHEN YOU'RE NOT ON THE SAME AXIS AS YOUR OPPONENT. This glitch makes me want to pull my hair out. In the situation below you should ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS end up LEFT OF YOUR OPPONENT NOT NORTH. This makes 1 ticks when not on the same axis 100% impossible and causes every attack not on the same axis to take longer. Extra steps are added in this process, adding extra time, ruining some mechanics/combos. This doesn't only effect melee, it effects every aspect of range\magic pathing too.  Remember when spk  had rlly bad pathing and you would have to be directly facing across from your opponent to hit him? Same concept, this destroys pathing/mechanics. I think this is because SPK calculates movement across the wrong edge. This bug is game breaking, it ruins pathing in almost every situation, it breaks combat. It is easily the biggest bug, and the whole reason I made this topic. I'll edit in a revised diagram later and a video of what I exactly mean. This seems related to the "pathing high" bug, below is what I'll refer to as the "grid diagram" for now, I'll edit in the real diagram later.

wkH8Pdb.png <- blue line is the OSRS path, I would be hitting it the moment the osrs paths starts, the hit is late on spk because added time/distance.

Complex mechanics/slides: This is a culmination of many of the above bugs/pathing inconsistencies, they break this mechanic, it's impossible to pull off fancy movement/actual slides. Once again this is something very unique to RS, idk if this is replica table on a RSPS, game engine limit? Recalculations during pathing don't seem to take the squares behind you into path cost? I think they should, once again I think this is something that gives rs it's unique feel, a backwards stuttering motion when moving backwards during attacking(mostly with range, sorta with magic/melee.)

Some weapons don't "stall" right, either too long or too short in duration, this was probably one of the hardest things to test. This is mostly bows, though it also applies to magic and melee. This ruins most complex slides/movements.

Client Vs Server-side: Pathing seems to be calculated client-side, I kinda believe this because I've seen variations in pathing based on my ping. I think server side would get much better results. When properly optimized I don't think it would take up many resources. I'm not 100% sure pathing is client side, this is assumed based on my own experience and seeing issues players have with pathing that I myself haven't encountered.

Heuristics: A look at heuristics\a revision

Players should be able to move/"slide" out of max attack range and move/"slide" back into attack range during the attack animation/between attacks. Again a unique feels, this is kinda possible on SPK but non same axis pathing/other pathing bugs/turning mostly breaks this mechanic. On OSRS It's possible to use this with true slides.

Animations:

Animations: Recoil, vengeance, and damage from deflect should NOT make you do a block animation. I noticed while testing magic that I would sometimes do a block animation directly after casting on someone who wasn't attacking me back, It caused me to miss combat sequences. Still narrowing down the cause.    <- months later, pretty sure it's deflect.

SS/leech animation cancels the animation of barrage and other magical textures, when facing eachother it cancels EVERY SINGLE ANIMATION, at a distance it has inconsistencies, there seems to be no patternhttps://youtu.be/SIwT6zw1_vg?t=37 is the initial freeze and 2:33 is a refreeze. This makes bridding a pain.

qhPEpvd.png <- no barrage pillar or refreeze particle

Prayers such as turmoil, berserker, and leech cancel the animations of some attacks, THEY SHOULD NOT cancel attack animations. Priority wise they should be "secondary animations". They should not cancel the characters current animation but they should however display the correct graphics. Attack animations should have animation priority. This ruins the animation of some specials.

Projectile collision with players/interactions: This relates to above, SS cancels all magical attacks/particles, not just barrage. Leeches, other curses projectiles, dfs spec, projectiles, magic, weapon animations, particles, etc the list goes on, don't have correct interactions/animations with player models. Leeches have the same mechanics as many bugged projectiles, they start 2-3 squares away and hit your opponent early. If leech is proc'd in-sync with another players both animations will be cancelled, they shouldn't.

Action Blending: Complex actions/animations should have better blending. This makes movement/characters look very "robotic" and currently this limits "sliding mechanics" among other things with movement, and. I attribute this to the game engine itself. An example of this is issuing a movement command when a bow is drawn. This probably effects a lot of character interaction problems.

Barrage Pillar or Particle: There's some inconsistency when barrage will show the barrage pillar or a refreeze particle.

Some attack animations are bugged, a lot of them completely break or are cancelled in weird ways/ especially with movement. This applies to magics, melee/range weapons, and special attacks.

Combat:

Magic formula:

Now This needs a little back story, magic is too good. Barrage used to hit nearly 60+ with insane accuracy, it was then nerfed to 42 (actually 43?), and magic accuracy was soon nerfed too. The nerf was too much though, 3/4 of barrages/magics were splashes. The change was reverted, magic was then back to being super OP. It was nerfed again by tacking 40% defense bonus onto protect from magic but this was again too much and was reverted. Now magic lies in it's super accurate and not-as-hard-hitting state. Freezes for days.

What I'm getting at below is Magic level/Magical prayers don't factor into defense in anyway, and if it does it's not noticable. I honestly don't think the buffs would even be enough but the solution isn't to nerf magic accuracy, I think the solution is to buff magical defense stat buff. A magical defense buff wouldn't devalue magic accuracy, barrages would still hit on melee etc, but now you could actually get splashes. Basically increase the value/weight of magical defense without devaluing anything else.

*A look at the magic Formula: There is two aspects. Magical defense and Magical accuracy.

Magic defense(when defending): Is solely based on your magic level and defense level, 70% of your magic level 30% of your defense level. With how prayer works, it should boost combat stats(magic lvl), also boosting magic defense. Augory increases defense by 25% AND magic by 20%. It should factor in and boost the 30% of defense level AND THE 70% of magic level(so should leech magic+def). In the combat formula prayer is basically "converted" to "invisible" combat stats, because of how magical defense is calculated, the boost in defense AND in magic should basically boost your "defense level". Piety in turn should factor into the 30% of defense, mystic's 15% might into the 70% etc with every prayer that applies. Magical prayers should give you more magical defense than other prayers.

Magic accuracy(when attacking): is based on Your magic level, your magic attack bonus, your opponents magic level and defense level, and your opponents magical defense bonus.

* This is one of the few times before OSRS that Jagex actually talked about formulas/mechanics.

Things to keep in mind: All spells have the same accuracy this has been confirmed on OSRS by A jagex staff member, and npcs have different magic formulas than players. There's no level/magic bonus at which you stop splashing, it should always happen, however you should always splash at anything lower than -64 magic (explained in the forum link at the bottom) I guess this could be used as a benchmark to determine effectiveness of magic.

The formula is weird, high bonuses are still very very accurate but medium-low magic bonus splash more than it should. I didn't test the exact threshold but once you're very low magic bonus (around 0, even in the high positives) you'll splash every single time even on maximum negative magic defense\1magic. It should be possible to land spells even with negative/low magic bonus. It seems like attack bonus has a large effect, defense bonus has little/almost no effect.

Range:

Everyone knows range has insane accuracy. Range weapons have been nerfed over and over and are still really good. Instead of addressing this as "nerf range weapons/accuracy/str etc". Maybe tweaking range defense is the way to go. The range defense formula can be adjusted to better suit SPK.

Melee/Melee Mechanics:

Could it get the same treatment as range/magic? A boost in defense effectiveness.

Magic mechanics: 

Invulnerability from refreeze should be 5 ticks, I'm not sure what it is on here but it seems inconsistent. If the initial freeze was a blitz, it should be possible to get a refreeze with barrage (can't be blitz because blitz has a long travel time, barrage is "instant") at 4 ticks. This mechanic is very hard to describe. I think this happens because blitz travel time, this was explained to me fully once before. I know on OSRS this mechanic let's you refreeze from level 2 before the ditch if the initial freeze was blitz before barrage, which isn't possible with barrage-barrage.

Input buffering/spell queuing 3 barrages during one combat sequence will cause you to continually cast barrage. Like it's set to autocast. It seems this is only possible with barrage. I might not be casting the other spells fast enough because muscle memory/increased mouse movement. It may be possible with other spells.

Both barrage and blitz freeze for 15 seconds. Barrage should freeze for 20, blitz 15. From 2008-2011~ protect from magic reduced the duration of this by half, this change was later reverted because of summoning/flasks/OP gear etc.

Blitz-barrage stacking isn't really possible. Even if you issue an attack/follow command during the blitz animation it still doesn't really work because of pathing. During RS2/pre-eoc is was possible to easily stack blitz-barrage-range, on OSRS you have to cast blitz from max range and path toward you opponent during barrage, reducing barrages distance and the delay.   Barrage-dd the same reason. Refer to grid diagram. Barrage should almost have no delay (on rs2 it had almost no delay it was only the casting animation basically like spks old barrage, on OSRS it has a small delay)

When casting from over 14 squares away magic will have extra max range, you can cast 14-15 tiles away and land 11-12 tiles from your target. Magic should have a max distance check of 13, and you should always land 10 tiles away from your opponent. On spk the first cast of magic works weird.

Blitz should be capped 5 damage lower than barrage, with how % magic dmg works this should actually be a greater difference number. Barrage AND blitz were/are capped at 42(48?).

Barrage/magic is broken atm. Spawn gear maxes 36+ when it should hit 30, max gear hit's 48 when it should hit 42. The cap is weird and allows very high hits through prayer (high 30s). (this happened after the magic projectile change)

tzx6ldu.png

Range mechanics: 

It seems d bolts are balanced around their special and not their base damage, this leads to hits seeming too high for a non special on protect from range. Also, obby bolt's work kinda weird.

A previous update made it where range projectiles have a travel time of 1tick slower beyond the first 2 squares, this should apply to additional squares. (not 100% sure how this works but projectiles are very slow on OSRS

When using a bow/cbow the first projectile will always fly "low"(sometimes not only the first).  The arrow will come from the bottom of the bow and it doesn't have the correct "arc"/flight path. It has very wonky mechanics. This might effect some or all ranged weapons/projectiles and possibly the first cast of magic? This has some variation between different weapons, in my experience MSB I is effected the most, it's projectiles are bad.

Arrows/bolts/projectiles/magic? travels way too fast.

There's inconsistency between in maximum attack range of weapons. When on the same axis this can vary by 1-2 spaces, when not on the same axis it can vary by 3-4 spaces. The non same axis part is because how your character wants to path/turn, refer to my grid diagram of how chars path. I'm not sure how this happens when on the same axis but it can effect distance by 1 square extra or minus (didn't have longrange on), it might be more than 1 square. Some weapons have the wrong range altogether like rune knifes, which should be 4 range and 6 on long rage. They have double that.

Many weapons still don't have projectiles/travel times including rune knifes, they hit "instantly". Some projectiles still start their animation 1-2 squares away from you and hit their target 2-3 squares early. This makes them "hit faster than they should". It doesn't really make weapons hit faster than they should but it changes the power spikes of them, weapons hits can be closer together but still have the same time between each it.

Xf4svLS.png

Prayer:

Protect melee seems to give a very very noticeable defense bonus, I tested this on a 126 cb vs 1 defense/no armor and as soon as I turn protect melee on the 1 def acc it's instant 0's when before it was maybe 1:25 0's or less. This was also tested Vs 30 def and deflect, same result. The difference is literally insane and, 1. shouldn't be possible as protect melee shouldn't give defense bonus 2. even if it did it should not make this much of a difference on a one defense account. It seems like protect melee makes your opponent have 40% chance to miss regardless of stats/gear/bonuses/prayer etc. It think this because, I was 1 defense, 0 bonuses, no prayer, and a third of every hit was a 0. I know 0's can actually be rolled as a damage roll and it's different than a block, you're actually hitting a 0 not your opponent blocking your hit. It shouldn't be this many 0's though. I've seen many players say X weapon always hits 0's on melee prayers, I'm guessing this is the cause. Because the combat system this might've been put in-place to reward f3ing, it might be an oversight. It just seems broken. 

Overheads are faster with the last update, but still not as fast as they should be. I'll give three examples/tests on this. When using quick prayers, protect item will always activate much sooner than your overhead prayers. Now, when rapidly clicking quick prayers/individually clicking protect item/overheads, protect item is more responsive, the difference is noticeable. Is it possible to get this level of responsiveness out of overheads, or move up it's priority? Protect from item is very responsive but it doesn't really need the responsiveness that it currently has. There's very few situations where protect item benefits from being as quick as it is, however overheads would benefit in every situation if they had protect items responsiveness.

pMYnuPI.png <- protect from item activating b4 overheads with quickprayers.

Rapidly double clicking, or clicking with a certain rhythm on a protection prayer (only 2 clicks) will make it turn on/off 2x each, basically an extra cycle. When this is done the overhead prayer WILL NOT DISPLAY OVER YOUR HEAD, and there will be a delay before you can activate it again. I feel like this happens because they activate slow and the game reads like it's 2 click each. Double-click sensitivity on mice have no effect on this. I've seen players frequently do this.

Leech doesn't work when using spec leech, and leeches hardly proca with magic. It doesn't seem to give you the correct offense/defense bonuses either. They work weird in general, they don't seem to to drain at constant intervals and the drain can suddenly stop working. Also the stats/bonuses from leech should be kept target-to-target, it shouldn't reset bonuses to 0 when hitting multiple people/switching targets, when max % of stats are drained switching/multiple targets should refresh the duration. There's a lot of weird things about leeches.

Protect from magic should halve the time of entangle.

Retribution/Wrath have 1 attack range more than they should. They also have no damage roll, always hit their max, they should have a damage roll. They should hit up to 25% of the users maximum prayer lvl rounded down, aka 23 (it will almost be impossible to get a 24 because prayer drain/smite etc). These prayers also should have an avoidable "projectile" with similar mechanics to zulrah or wyrm. On spk two people can stand far away from you and deal 1/2 your hp with no counterplay, four people can oneshot you, I'm not even sure if divine/pets/perks block damage from it. IMO protect from magic should reduce the damage from this.

Misc bugs and Misc Qol:

Distance view: Probably the 3rd or 4th biggest bug. View distance seems to vary depending on which way your character is facing. Your view will be 1 square shorter in whichever direction you're facing, it seems like your view is almost coming from "behind" instead of in front. The "missing" view is there but it's weird, you can't see the NPCs, but can see objects. The environment (ground) has some inconsistencies when it can be seen, usually it can't be seen. I attribute this to the game engine itself.

Pure Pking: We know the reason almost no one pure pks. Sadly it has the name of Granite Maul. This honestly doesn't need to be explained much, gmaul (or) hit's 40s. Gmaul has received indirect mechanic nerfs (ballista-gmaul delay) on osrs because of how OP it is yet Jagex won't (can't) address the problem in the way they want (they want a delay). Gmaul nerfs have been polled numerous times on OSRS. Give gmaul a very high defense requirement. 

ygxXAfV.png  0 pures     (12 fps nice toaster yipku, fps l0c? The teleother bug made my fps afk)

Invisible character models:

During complex animations; some specs, prayers, eating while blocking/being hit, etc etc the list goes on, your character turns invisible. I didn't notice this bug for1500 kills. For my last 3500 kills every single fight I can see it now, it plagues me.  <- this isn't the invisible player death bug, when that happens only your opponent is invisible.

5EYrqoW.png

Food: Eating Summer Pies/pies should be 1 game tick (600ms), 2 ticks faster than other foods(1800ms). Eating pizzas should be one tick faster than other food, pizzas should be able to combo with other food.

Godswords: They should be 1 tick faster than they currently are, they should be faster than any other 2h/mauls etc. Give godswords their OSRS buffs. Their "Accurate" attack style was "crush" on osrs (worst usable attack style for a godsword). This was changed to "slash". Slash has more attack bonus than crush. Since it is the accurate attack style it should be more accurate, logic. Simple longtime oversight by Jagex.

Casting any teleother command in a PvP situation will damage the player, (it's actually a pretty funny animation), it will also ROYALLY FUCK YOUR FPS DON'T FUCKING DO THIS IF YOU EVER WANT TO PK AGAIN. This seems strange but this bug plagued me with 10 fps for 2 days before I reinstalled the client/cache. This bug had loads of wonky things with it, some make it slightly abuse-able, I'd recommend disabling it. Because the nature of this bug I didn't test it much. This can easily happen to people by accident because of how close some of the teleother spells are to commonly used spells, example TB.

Closing a bank tab then having lag at just the right moment causes the game to null, like the bank window is still up. The only way to fix this is to open the bank then exit out again. Small bug.

If you lag the moment as someone dies, they'll be invisible when to you when they respawn. Client side bug. This causes "invisible players"

Sometimes you can not exit the clanwars white portal, this happens more frequently when you login there.

Agility should effect the rate which run energy drains, a small incentive to skill/get all 99's/do the hardest 99.

For some reason the arrow prompts on new account can cause crashes, this will make the client corrupt.

It's still possible to walk through webs at mb for 3-4~ seconds after they appear.

Gods spells with their max setup (divine hawk etc) hit way too much, it shouldn't be possible to smack 65's with magic, that's a near max ags spec every single hit.

Give an option to disable shading in the menu, this might improve performance on low-end pc's and it will give a more OSRS feel for some players.

Could obby rings work correctly, this weapon is great and it's a shame they don't work right.

Zgs has no freeze timer. 

Item drag seems to have built in "acceleration" items still move easily, when trying to move quickly they respond less, but if you move even a bit slower it's easy to move items. Items also "snap" to where the pointer is very quickly. Basically if you click an item and hesitate even for a moment to release the click, it's still easily to move items

Some weapons don't have the correct attack speed.

Some combination of ZGS/Entangle/Blitz/Barrage/Spear/Ice bolts can stack together and leads to infinite freezing, not 100% sure what combo causes this, I've had this happen where I'm frozen for minutes without being able to move and wasn't stunned (happened in multi).

Despite popular belief blitz and barrage have the same accuracy, all spells do, this should include TB too.

Character models should move EXACTLY one OSRS tick behind what they're actually doing, this is hard to explain but this again is something that gives RS pathing a unique feel. The only way I can think of to test this is slides/fancy mechanics and most of them aren't possible on SPK. I know characters move behind but is it the right amount/ is there any effect with SPK/OSRS ticks etc. 

Nerfs E gloves. Spellcasters' are proc'd on EVERY STYLE including range\melee not just magic. It's already enough that they're 3-items-in-1, keep the best stats of said 3 items without any drawbacks, AND are autokeep. These gloves are ridiculous, make stat reduction only work with magic like intended or make it not work with leech. This mechanic is like if melee/magic proc'd swifts, completely broken.

My thoughts on the "item switching bug": I have have never seen this bug. Almost every computer will have double click sensivity enabled/higher then it should be for gaming by default, making this happen. Mouse drag may have fixed this?

Other suggestions/New additions: 

Please keep an "uptime" counter and have more frequent restarts. This helps reduce lag a lot. The counter would let a player know if their lag is from their internet or the server. Maybe implement a system that restart the server after X amount of hours(30~)? RSPS' started implementing this feature 5+ years ago.

Please make it where players can't stake unless 126 combat/99 every combat stat. I never stake, but I've seen players lose stakes because they don't know their spawn sets have low stats.

There should be a message in the chatbox, similar to a swift glove proc, when your stats are leeched example "Your stats have been drained". I suggest this because how buggy curse animation can be.

If possible please reduce the rate at which elementals javs break or reverse the update which made them break (maybe buff how many are dropped by ele/how often or add them to a shop?). I know this nerf was meant to impact ballista during welfare bridding. IMO ballista was hardly used before, and is extremely slow. It is now absent in Edgeville. The price can be about 20m a piece and you have to take a pretty good amount if you want to camp it, now if you die those deaths quickly add up. Sometimes there is ZERO in the tp. Most people actually resort to using dragon javs. The server has a custom item (javs) that can't even be used, it's silly.

Add Keris ingame, it could be both a PvM and PvP weapon. Just an example for PvM it could work similar to rs. For PvP it could be adjusted to do it's regular damage on attack and it's "special hits" could be 15%? Stronger. Mostly a PvM wep.

Add a Clanwar view orb at EdgePvP bank, and above edge man hut. Possibly a view orb that can be accessed from a inventory like rs2, but it would only allow you to see edgeville up to the hills/river/monastery. Pvmen who don't 100% afk could still watch pking while PvMing and youtubers could get better angles for showing off tournaments. http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Orb_of_oculus The orb of oculus is an item which allows players to have total control over the camera, an ability which is useful for video makers.

Vet'ion could use a small buff on it's drop table/have items added to it's drop table, it's not killed enough. Rune drags should get the same treatment and have a tele command added. I feel like one of the reasons they aren't killed much is you have to run from dg or graves, known single pk zones+it's lacking drop table. More pvmers = more pvmer killers, more pvmer killers = more pkers.

Rogues chest teleport has basically killed Ele/BC for multi pking and has made that section of the wildy really cluttered. Could chest be moved to the Bandit camp west of graves/east of arch or possibly the wildy maze in the future? The wilderness is huge and there's a few multizones outside of the main multi-strip. Or is there plans for these spots?

Give Nex helms and primal helm venom immunity or at-least make it where you can f2 and operate the helm to clear venom. It feels bad when a helm worth 10b+ is outclassed by a 500m serp. I'm sure Jagex would have made nex helms invulnerable to venom if it existed during RS2.

It's hard one ticking into some range weapons such as BC cannon, possibly because it's projectile?

If combat is re-balanced could the DFS delay nerf eventually be reverted? I feel like there was ways to counter rushing other than this.

New additions:

Weapons Re-balances:

A buff to ele staff's spec and a correct auto attack that doesn't hit 3's

Special attack highlighting/activation speed:

This is somewhat related to the item highlighting flaw pointed out earlier but not really. Special attacks don't highlight/activate quick enough, click the spec bar and release it, it takes about 2x as long to activate as it does to deactivate. There's a very simple test to show how slow it is. Wear an item with a spec weapon like a dds and put any weapon without a spec like a rune scim in the 1st row 7th down. Now right click the dds and press f5, "wield" should align with the spec bar, now click wield and the spec bar and the spec should activate before the switch but it doesn't. This makes it hard to one-tick any item without a special attack into an item with a special attack, as you have to wait for the special bar to show and the special to actually activate (makes all special attacks slow in genera). It does a lot more than this, it throws off a lot of combos/mechanics https://youtu.be/QX1RoBMQYUg?t=125 <- more explained, this video gives loads of mechanics not fully possible on spk.

The item highlighting flaw is weapons should keep their special bar highlighted/activated for a few frames after switching.

First hit/PiD mechanics: Reserving this spot, it's mostly typed up but still needs some testing/info confirming.

Learning Curve:

Spk has a harsh learning curve for new players. (I'll be expanding upon this section later)

Please set new accounts to "pker" accs/all combat 99's by default, remove the training/pker prompt/choice. Someone coming to a PK server wants to well... PK instantly, not skill then PK. This is especially true because the skilling content is pretty bland, no one wants to do that upon logging in. New players make bad decisions when choices are instantly thrust upon them. Example: When I play a video game with instant choice example, the Elder Scrolls, I'm probably going to make a new character 2-3x before I stick to one. Why, because I'm hyped to play the game and I rush through everything. That series gives you a multitude of long lasting choice literally the instant you start, if I make bad ones and I;m clueless i'll pay. It just adds a slight bit of confusion for new players. The other night I saw a lvl 97 with barrows in the wild. When I asked him why he was that combat he said "new acc training takes a long time". I told him he could change games modes, he asked how, I showed him, etc, etc. Because he made one wrong click without reading, this player would have unknowingly gone through hours of training just to PK (he already went through a good amount of time). I've seen this happen a lot.

Make it where you can't convert coins if you have more than 2000m in your inventory, only new player's lose money to this.  <- I actually feel different on this now, it's a fun way to give away money. Sometimes I'm pessimistic and only see the con's of thing.

Misc:

Character animations don't go past the tile you're currently on. What I mean by this is if you draw a bow, the bow/your extended arm will clip when it's hovering over the next tile, this happens when casting magic and some melee animations too (such as kicking/punching). Not a huge bug but graphical and ugly.

Magic formula[Expanded upon]: The magic formula is more odd than I thought. It's balanced around completely around 0 magic bonus. What I mean by that is at 0 magic bonus every single spell will be a splash, at 1 magic bonus the increase in accuracy is tremendous, this threshold should be at -64 magic bonus. Lower magic bonus isn't as effective as it should be, and high magic bonus is too effective (I think it's too effective because how weak defense bonuse/magic prayers are).

Prayer:

Prayer should continue to drain during death animations. It's a small mechanics on rs that allows for "after death" smites/prayer drops. This happens because an opposing player can't restore during death animations on-top of the prayer drain. If someone dies with low-mid (maybe higher depending on drain rate as spk has curses) single digit prayers they should be reaching 0 prayer before they spawn back at Edgeville.

On spk you can't smite with killing blows - I accidentally hit "cancel" instead of "edit topic", I'll edit an explanation to this later <- I actually don't know if this is still a bug, it was at one point. As I haven't had a killing blow smite in ages, I'll have to test this exact scenario later.

Prayer bonus from items doesn't seem to work correctly if at all.

Smite\ss don't seem to drain the correct rates of the opponents prayers

Prayers don;t drain player prayer correctly, different prayers should drain different amounts of pray at different rates, spk also drains prayer at odd intervals. <- spk drains slower

PK Tournaments: It would be nice to somehow have a 100% automated tournament system that works similar to duel/tzhaar fight pit. 100% as in, it sets up the brackets, has different styles (brid, nh, dh, range 2h, pure, spawn ags, f2p, etc), starts at certain times, etc, etc. If this is possible it should have gear restrictions to a set inventory, vamp blood perks/reduced veng/pets/flasks/dfs and other advantages shouldn't be allowed/should be disabled for fairness' sake.

Items recommended:

Armor-Amulet of The Damned, Guardian boots, and Ancient defender,

Weapons-Leaf bladed battleaxe, Granite hammer, Granite mace, and amethyst arrows - Leaf bladed battleaxe has a very long attack animation, and very quick attack speed for a battleaxe. This gives it very unique mechanics for a melee weapon. It's the funnest weapon on OSRS outside of hunter's crossbowhttps://youtu.be/0LC38QEL3TU?t=151 <-it in action. I wish this weapon was ingame, it's just "not op enough", it has no spec and it doesn't hit hard. Granite hammer is almost as interesting

"Gods Blessings" (osrs version gave +1 prayer, but each could give a small bonus to a combat style depending on which is used).

Pathing:

The Edge PvP pathing/clipping bug may be due to an area that wasn't properly "meshed?" (idk the wording) on Jagex's part. The Edgeville furnace didn't always exist and there was a rock close by that ruined pathing once it was removed, this bug went unfixed for years and was only fixed a long time after the introduction of PvP worlds. Maybe this bug exists on here, basically spk could use a "version" of the rs map that never got that patch. I'm not sure where/how this bug is happening on spk, I've never seen it just throwing out my two cents. If it's not this, then it might be a client side bug,

New New Content:

Attacking should cancel the animation of a potions earlier than it does, people are abusing the "pot spec trick" <- I need to test this more frame by frame

Gameclock: Some actions such as prayer drain should be queued in 50ms, some actions should even use 500ms (can't remember atm). Prayer should also drain at "invisible" decimals in the code, not whole numbers

Contrary to what some people believe prayer doesn't activate TILL THE NEXT GAME TICK

During one tick it should be possible to queue 8 actions no matter what they are, movement, skilling actions, item switches, etc. It shouldn't be possible to queue more than 8.

Final Suggestion:

This doesn't have to do with bug fixes. It has to do with wilderness activity. I wish the staff member's of SPK PKed more often on their staff account's at Edge (maybe even risking a very tiny bit, I'm talking a few 100m or less), I'l elaborate more. Other than Bow the staff member who PKs the most is CASEY, sad true fact. Tevin has distanced his mod and Youtube persona and mostly pk's on his Youtuber account (most new players don't even know this is the same person), Aurora does PK but it's mostly limited to multi, Kellatha used to pk, Ryanking sometimes PK's but it's mostly in high tier gear or void, etc. Now I know/under staff member are usually busy when they're on, but it would be great to dedicate a small time to Edge PKing, as PKing is the only hand-ons interactions that staff and players have with one another other than general conversation or helping. I know this may be hard at times because they may be swamped/followed by "staffmen X when are you going to do Z" among other things. All of this is targeted mostly, but not 100%, towards new players.  It's nice when new player's think "just dropped a staffermen on his 5head 4 bankloot, GG EZ life". 

Every PK server has staff that PK, it promotes wilderness activity, I'm not saying spend a lot of time in the wild but it would be nice to see an increase in time spent at Edge.

I know this next request will be hard, but I wish even Ryan would do this (looking at old screenshots he might've before), disable the God Mode on his profile and pk at Edge in full primal or something once a month for even 5-10~ minutes (looking at old screenshot's I assume he's done similar thing's in the past).  I know he's a busy man and already does a crazy amount for the server, but almost every server owner will do something similar if they already don't consistently PK (which some owner's do). I'll give a few examples:

On the last server I played I once saw the owner die for his killstreak/small risk while pking, guess what, the person who killed him and most of the server was pretty damn hyped. The owner of this server also spent quite a bit of time in the wild PKing (not what I'm asking of). He knew people would want to fight him every second he was willing. He was a pretty good PKer/NHer too, people went to the wild specifically to KO the owner/get that killpic/have the KS ending message broadcasted. 

Now a few years back I played I played many different servers owned by the same person, they had small variations/different ecos/things that made them unique from each other, he owned probably 6+ of them. He managed to pop in every once in a while on each server and PKed in high tier gear (not full out expensive) or a spawnable setup. People literally piled up hand over foot to fight him, the second he walked into Edgeville the activity spiked, even PvMer's/gambler's wanted to take a shot at him. I even fought him a few times like this, sure he was swamped by followers but it was still fun. Like the above he knew how important it was to do this or he wouldn't have been doing it. For a moment he wasn't an owner, he was a player, a part of the community. Year's later he still continue's to do this.

More: Formulas Etc. [VERY IMPORTANT]

Because of the lack of pro-viability and game mentality in general, the runescape community doesn't have the same in depth analysis as other games such as Smash, League, Dota, Starcraft, etc. Now pair this with Jagex not discussing their game and overall being very secretive till recent years, makes it where mechanics haven't really been discussed/archived outside of one particular runescape clan's site and randomtopic on community/runescape forums. There's only a handful of people documenting how the game actually works. This is a more in depth analysis than I could ever give, it was done by the best of runescapes community. Their understanding of the game is godly. It's also that it covers of info without putting a lot of links to discuss certain topics. http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?317,318,712,65587452,goto,1

Mechanics are rarely discussed. More to do with pathing/animation cancels/non PvM combat etc.

Edited by Y I P K U
  • Like 1

You are a god.

I hope this thread gets read in great detail and all of it gets taken seriously, this is exactly what we needed in order to advance our server's pathfinding / combat mechanics / etc.

+1 , Thank you so much for this, it has been forwarded to Ryan.

I'll be referencing this for future updates.

Thank you very much!

this thread is the most detailed  thread I even seen in my career[like I have a career XD]

it is legit one of a kind, thanks for creating this fr, :P

nice writing skills btw

• Thanks 1

Quick update
A lot of adjustments/patches for issues pointed out in this thread should be expected on the next update.

Pathing is currently being worked on as well. I've made some slight improvements so far, such as axis priority in combat following.

This will be an ongoing effort for the next few updates, hopefully leading to a more flawless system.

Before
https://i.imgur.com/wmlGhQD.gifv

After
https://i.imgur.com/xPtkjHe.gifv

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2018 at 5:34 PM, Ryan said:

Holy, pathing improvement. There's no odd movement/following patterns like the first gif, a big leap forward in pathing, this improves many combat situations. A player's opponent being able to "predict" your movement and vise versa is a HUGE part of pathing (which happens in this gif). 

Can't wait for the next patch to go live, thank you very much.

thumbs-up-sign_1f44d.png

Edited by Y I P K U

Incredible outline!  Egloves are soo op and ragging with knives with them or even deep pking with them and knives are straight abuse.  Every 10 seconds huge stat drain deters a lot of players.

Another annoying bug.  If you kill your target after they tele most of the time you don't get an emblem upgrade.

In multi i noticed you can be refrozen indeffiantly.  Think this has to do with freeze immunity being bound to the player who froze you?  Example player a blitz freezes you,  player b barrage refreezes you with 2 seconds left on current freeze

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kegan said:

Incredible outline!  Egloves are soo op and ragging with knives with them or even deep pking with them and knives are straight abuse.  Every 10 seconds huge stat drain deters a lot of players.

Another annoying bug.  If you kill your target after they tele most of the time you don't get an emblem upgrade.

In multi i noticed you can be refrozen indeffiantly.  Think this has to do with freeze immunity being bound to the player who froze you?  Example player a blitz freezes you,  player b barrage refreezes you with 2 seconds left on current freeze

The problem isn't exactly rune knifes, it's that spellcaster's are proc'd on all styles. E gloves can can 1t+, they should be OP but they're just offering a bit too much atm.

I think the emblem bug is fixed Micro Shades (I think) pointed it out a while back, I've had emblems upgrade/drop at home. Maybe this bug happens under new conditions. 

My own wording on this one was weird I should've said barrage OR blitz, those 2 spells alone cannot be used in any way to cause infinite freezing. I've figured out how it works.

E Gloves are good the way you are, i dont think theres any other armor that cost 1t+ specialy for pking . so leave it like that.

The egloves drain is 5% chance that's why i said rune knives make if a problem.  20 hits per 12 second.  And if you factor in leech it's impossible to fight back.  You can't even stay potted.