Micro shade4

Amethyst arrows - Dragon bolts

These are things i've been thinking about for a week or so now and i would love to see them implemented in game. Some tweaking may be needed to make it fit the game better.

There are different ranged options in game but only a few that  completely outclass and outperform others( blow pipe -3rd age bow -zaryte bow) I'm hoping that if this gets implemented it would bring up lower tier weapons and they would be used more often in pvm and pvp situations. You barely see any ranged pkers who aren't holding a zaryte bow or 3rd age bow, They are overpowered you see people in full melee using them, and still doing constant damage even through prayer.

- These items could be added into coin shop to create another money sink.

Magic Shortbow (i) - This bow should have a animated effect, something like the Blood Weapons but in green

Countless times i've pulled out a regular magic shortbow because they look exactly the same.

Amethyst Arrows - I would like to see these arrows added in to the game for Magic Shortbow (I) 

They would have +55 ranged strength compared to the +49 rune arrows have.

Dragon bolts - I would like to see dragon bolts with the 4 most used enchanted bolts added. Only available for Armadyl Crossbow, Chaotic Crossbow and Dragon Hunter Crossbow

- Ruby Dragon Bolts (e) +127 ranged strength with Blood forfeit effect.

- Diamond Dragon Bolts (e) +127 ranged strength with Armour Piercing effect.

- Dragonstone Dragon Bolts (e) +129 ranged strength with Dragonfire effect.

- Onyx Dragon Bolts (e) +130 ranged strength with Life Leech effect.

I believe adding in all these different bolts would give new and old players different options when it comes to pvming and pvp.

The Amethyst Arrows and Dragon Bolts would be located in the coin shop.

For any of the effects listed above check the Osrs wiki 

http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Bolts

Edited by Micro shade4
Mistake

+1 Those dragon bolt effects seem cool and would definitely bring variation to the use of crossbows in pking since people are just running around with ballista.

I'm confused a bit, why are you suggesting weaker ammunition for range than the ones we already have? I mean I get the diversity and extra content, but this is pretty much dead content. Dragon (e) bolts as seen on the wiki "Enchanted dragonstone bolts have a chance of triggering the Dragon's breath effect. This inflicts a dragonfire hit against the target, dealing 45% extra damage." I see they have +118 range strength and dragon bolts have +122 but the spec from dbolts(e) are what make them useful. I'm sorry but I don't see dragon bolts as a good suggestion.

Also on Amethyst arrows, they are +55 range strength, but dragon are +60 range strength? Dragon arrows are pretty OP *looking at you blood dbow*  Why suggest arrows that are weaker than dragon?

Just my two pieces of information, no hate.

53 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

I'm confused a bit, why are you suggesting weaker ammunition for range than the ones we already have? I mean I get the diversity and extra content, but this is pretty much dead content. Dragon (e) bolts as seen on the wiki "Enchanted dragonstone bolts have a chance of triggering the Dragon's breath effect. This inflicts a dragonfire hit against the target, dealing 45% extra damage." I see they have +118 range strength and dragon bolts have +122 but the spec from dbolts(e) are what make them useful. I'm sorry but I don't see dragon bolts as a good suggestion.

Also on Amethyst arrows, they are +55 range strength, but dragon are +60 range strength? Dragon arrows are pretty OP *looking at you blood dbow*  Why suggest arrows that are weaker than dragon?

Just my two pieces of information, no hate.

The only thing that was weaker that i fixed because it was a mistake on my part was the Dragonstone dragon bolts, the other ones are stronger than their runite counterpart. The reason i want this implemented is to make crossbows more viable in pvm/ pvp nobody uses them they are basically junk.... Also with working effects i see them being used quite a lot... (also changed the ranged strength of all bolts)

Also amethyst arrows are only meant to be for Magic Shortbow (i)  You barely ever see anyone using Magic Shortbow (i) ... unless they are a pure who doesn't know about rune knives...

Then again who wants to waste their bounty hunter points on a bow that the only redeeming factor is that its slightly stronger than its spawnable version, And i know it has a special reduction cost with the (i) version but let's be honest who is ever going to use the spec.... NOT ONLY THAT BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THE SPAWNABLE VERSION TOO.. there is no effect or slight colour change to make it look different...

I'm not saying we have to have amethyst arrows, but certain weapons need to be buffed because they aren't worth using... or spending the time to get.

THE MORE VARIETY WE HAVE ON SPAWNPK THE MORE WE APPEAL TO A WIDER RANGE OF PLAYERS.

Edited by Micro shade4

I like the arrows and recolor of MSB(i) it seems relevant for pure pking and would give MSB(i) something unique 

dragon bolts, the blood cbow was nerfed and this will kinda counter that nerf

• Like 1

On ‎13‎-‎1‎-‎2018 at 6:12 PM, Micro shade4 said:

These are things i've been thinking about for a week or so now and i would love to see them implemented in game. Some tweaking may be needed to make it fit the game better.

There are different ranged options in game but only a few that  completely outclass and outperform others( blow pipe -3rd age bow -zaryte bow) I'm hoping that if this gets implemented it would bring up lower tier weapons and they would be used more often in pvm and pvp situations. You barely see any ranged pkers who aren't holding a zaryte bow or 3rd age bow, They are overpowered you see people in full melee using them, and still doing constant damage even through prayer.

- These items could be added into coin shop to create another money sink.

Magic Shortbow (i) - This bow should have a animated effect, something like the Blood Weapons but in green

Countless times i've pulled out a regular magic shortbow because they look exactly the same.

Amethyst Arrows - I would like to see these arrows added in to the game for Magic Shortbow (I) 

They would have +55 ranged strength compared to the +49 rune arrows have.

Dragon bolts - I would like to see dragon bolts with the 4 most used enchanted bolts added. Only available for Armadyl Crossbow, Chaotic Crossbow and Dragon Hunter Crossbow

- Ruby Dragon Bolts (e) +127 ranged strength with Blood forfeit effect.

- Diamond Dragon Bolts (e) +127 ranged strength with Armour Piercing effect.

- Dragonstone Dragon Bolts (e) +129 ranged strength with Dragonfire effect.

- Onyx Dragon Bolts (e) +130 ranged strength with Life Leech effect.

I believe adding in all these different bolts would give new and old players different options when it comes to pvming and pvp.

The Amethyst Arrows and Dragon Bolts would be located in the coin shop.

For any of the effects listed above check the Osrs wiki 

http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Bolts

MSB (I) shouldn't be animated, osrs feeling is gone away (tho this server aint)

+1 for amethysts arrows, tho should be added like 3 months ago already.

+1 for Dragon bolts, as most of us deep wild pkers we suggested to remove blood whips/bows etc just cause of their too powerfull untradeable item which isn't coded correctly in any way. This will actually be a + to use ccb, acb and dhc.

1 hour ago, pj3r said:

I like the arrows and recolor of MSB(i) it seems relevant for pure pking and would give MSB(i) something unique 

dragon bolts, the blood cbow was nerfed and this will kinda counter that nerf

Blood weapons should of never existed, made SPK die btw.