Sign in to follow this  
Phenomenon

A few clarifications on the server rules

Hello players of SpawnPK,

Lately there has been a lot of controversy on players getting muted for flame & flame bait related offenses. I am here today to clarify the rules that will be set in place on flame and flamebait, and how the staff team shall be enforcing the ruling.

I will now provide a few excerpts from the rule-book and explain them in great detail:

1: Yell chat

• Yell chat should not be used for excessive arguing, flaming, harassing, etc.
  • If you have any issues with a player it should be taken to private messages
  • If you're warned by a staff member for any inappropriate activities on yell, please discontinue immediately
  • Refusal to do so will always result in punishment(s)

This is one of the biggest problems i see on a everyday basis on SpawnPK. I understand that players would like to banter to a certain extent (which we will get to in a moment), however, when it progresses to the point that it is now a constant, back and forth argument between two players over absolute nonsense, it is a violation of the rule above. If found in violation of this rule, you will be told to stop by a staff member. If you refuse to do so, you will be yell-muted for 24 hours. If you continue to cause issues for the staff member after the mute (excessive and defiance), you will subject to an account mute.

3: Excessive Swearing/Flaming

• Use of inappropriate words will not be tolerated. (Small Pk banter is acceptable, to a degree).

This is where the biggest problem lies, and where the most changes shall be made.

The staff team will no longer issue one-sided mutes to players found guilty of flame if the reporter was guilty as well.

• If a staff member has proper basis/proof, or even witnessed that the flaming was mutual (both users were guilty), both parties shall be muted. This is done out of complete fairness, although some circumstances may allow the case to be nullified (thrown out).
  • This can only be done if the users are cooperative, and are willing to settle their disputes in a mature manner.

There is a wide-variety of examples that could be deemed as flame and flame bait. Because of this, there won't be exact "do's and don't says" on this thread, however, i have complete confidence in the community that they know what is and isn't okay to say. Just in case some of you need a fresh reminder:

Flame-bait would be when you are excessively talking trash to someone after they politely tell you to stop, and you continue to do so. This is known as provoking and will count as Flame-Bait. If found guilty of flame-baiting other players you may be subject to a 5 hour mute.

Flaming is rather obvious, it's excessive, absurd insults that no one has any justification or allowance to say to anyone.

I hope this new rule pleases you guys, i did it because i am seeing innocent players get punished simply because they are defending themselves. As head of Disicplinary Management, i will not allow it. This is your admin Phenonomen, Signing out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1