despair

Godswords (or)

So hey there Another suggestion

I feel like the godswords are pretty underpowered compared to other spec weps such as D-Claws, Abby dagger, Ele dagger and imo even Gmaul and DDS.

Not even mentioning that Sara/Bandos/Zamy are pretty much dead content as of rn.

So I feel like a good way to revive and kinda fix the eco for of the godswords and make it actually decent without having to use max str would be to add The Godswords (or) versions :

120?cb=20170220230012120?cb=20170220230013120?cb=20170220230013120?cb=20170220230014

This Godswords would be obtainable the way you obtain The "ring of vigour (i)". You would need to sacrifice 10-15 (or some reasonable amount) for a 5% chance to upgrade ur Godsword into a (or) Godsword which would become untradeable and auto-keep

in addition to this there would be following changes :

Ags (or) : bit more accuracy

Sgs (or) : bit more Damage or Smite effect, spec would not only replenish bit of your hp and Prayer but also Smite the same amount of prayer of your opponent.

Zgs (or) : 50% spec usage, bit more Damage, Possibly frostbite damage for around 5 seconds? (such as fire bolts deal burn damage after using the spec with the ele bow)

Bgs (or) : 50% spec usage, better accuracy, better damage. (basically reg/current ags with the draining stats effect it has already) 

I understand these are easy to get and not expensive at all weapons but I feel like it would be a good way to keep the market for these stable as many will leave the eco thus keeping the price of them decently high which means -> noobs/starters/cleaned ppl will have bit more of a joy killing kbd godwars or getting blood money to buy them out of the bloodstore (prices would need to be revamped) to make a little bit of money while the richer ppl will try to get their hands on these new swords.

Lmk what you think about the idea and if you have suggestion yourself such as your ideas for the specs, stats, What so ever

-Despair

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Support but only for AGS and Claws atm...They are almost junk sadly and can't be considered as a decent drop. This was suggested before and who knows one day it will happen. Thanks for the detailed suggestion tho!

Regards,
JP

• Like 1

Very true about them being dead content. I tried using them in void and none of them compared to AGS, but AGS is childs play compared to a superior spec weapon like dwh or ele dagger. They're floating with if not lower than ele staff atm :P Full support on these suggestions. I'm all for cash sinks and the new godsword(i) would spike up BM prices as everyone would go and buy them from the BM shop. Forwarding to Ryan, keep up the good suggestions!

• Like 1

Can pretty much agree on the fact that dragon claws & the godswords are more or less junk, would be nice to add this. 

-Cleve

Edited by Clevedad
  • Like 1

I believe part of the reason zgs/sgs/bgs weren't used were because they had little to no protection value (you would keep a kiln cape over them), not sure if that's been fixed. But they aren't even really used on any spawn servers where they're a free item mainly because they don't have much use aside from ZGS for certain uses (mainly multi related.) I don't see why not add a little item sink for a chance of getting a slightly more powerful one that's autokeep even though i'm usually not in favor of more custom stuff, seeing as this isn't really that significant/op. AGS is the most expensive/powerful and those go for what like 50m or something? That is absolutely nothing so it's not as terrible as most of the other autokeep items.

There are literally over 10,000 armadyl godswords in the economy (AT LEAST), so many people would be walking around with this new Buffed out AGS. I see it as another custom that will be ridiculously broken that makes the server less enjoyable to players who aren't as financially fortunate.

Although the rest seem cool, it's just not worth the dev-time and they're too cheap/easy to get their hands on as well.

I could understand maybe removing all godswords from shops, bosses, etc and creating an extremely hard godwars dungeon with the appropriate bosses (i already have good drops in mind), however, i still don't support it hard enough to see all of this added. It would take away from time that could be used on better content, and like i said, too many AGS' in the eco.

On 12/7/2017 at 1:37 PM, Phenomenon said:

There are literally over 10,000 armadyl godswords in the economy (AT LEAST), so many people would be walking around with this new Buffed out AGS. I see it as another custom that will be ridiculously broken that makes the server less enjoyable to players who aren't as financially fortunate.

Although the rest seem cool, it's just not worth the dev-time and they're too cheap/easy to get their hands on as well.

I could understand maybe removing all godswords from shops, bosses, etc and creating an extremely hard godwars dungeon with the appropriate bosses (i already have good drops in mind), however, i still don't support it hard enough to see all of this added. It would take away from time that could be used on better content, and like i said, too many AGS' in the eco.

The whole idea was for this to be some sort of "ags sink" for just a little better accuracy or strength (relevant to the blood item stat differences). Just like it's with blood money and their weapon perks. Ancient staff & Blood staff as an example, the stats aren't too much different and it's a blood money sink. If you would see this as one of the items that'd end up being one of the reasons for a corrupt gameplay, do you see blood items like that too? There's litterally 0 difference. Combining 10 ags's for a 5% chance of obtaining this ONE upgraded or (i) version of ags would mean that 500 (of 10k) of these would be in-game. And if I have to remind you - they'd be untradeable, so it will only affect the economy in a good way. You can even lower the percentage rate, as it was just a suggestion.

Don't know if you're a developer or not, but adding a new item or even recoloring it doesn't take long at all depending on the "skills" or access to "resourches" the developers have. If you'd end up recoloring the ags instead of adding a whole new model, it'd take less time - and i'm assuming that you've got someone to recolor items for you <- that not being one of the actual developers. I'm sure the developers can put away like what? Max 3 hours into adding this? That's if they're new beginners. And if they (whoever does this) recolor the ags instead of adding a model - they only have to change the stats and pack it into the cache, and that's done in notime. 

So again, it won't take long to add, it'll be content for newer players/those who aren't financially fortunate and it'll be a sink within ags's. 

On 7.12.2017 at 1:37 PM, Phenomenon said:

I understand where you are coming from but just reducing the Success rate of the enchantment would solve the problem of a wave of new godswords.

10 gs per enchant at a success rate of 1% or less if possible (here) would get rid of many godswords without having a full eco of gs (or).

Just by the current prices, 10 ags would cost you 600m. And thats by the current prices which will go up even more when this is released due to decreasing numbers of godswords the price is bound to go up. Which again will just benefit new players and the poor overall as it would be enjoyable to camp kbd or bm (to buy godswords from bm store) again. Rn if you get ags from kbd you gonna be like "eh okay" which feels wrong coming from a time where ags was worth 200m. I doubt everyone can afford 600m+ for the small chance to receive this new items.

And well Idk about the developers schedule so idk if this is a "waste of time" for them. But frankly, being involved with owners and developers of private servers of many types I dont really doubt that the developers of Spk couldn't add this in a day, considering its not much they gotta newly code, just requires to get the Models (which I belive should be accessable already as yall got the other (or) models already), check if they work properly (doubt they dont), add stats, add them into the already existing Enchantment system and thats pretty much it.

Support AGS is very low tier weapon and many people do not ever use it other gs sure but they are uncommon.

Claws are overpowered so no need for a buff on them as some people were talking about.

I support the fact gwd is dead. I don't agree on the statement that the ags is a bad spec weapon. How can you compare a weapon that is safe to try and get to things like a dwh or ele dagger. Both of these items are dropped from bosses in the wildy. Yes donor benefits negate the risk but that gives value to the donor benefits to begin with. We're talking about making an item like the ags that can hit over 70 in spawn gear even more powerful? Are we trying to 1 shot people? The one tick with an age and a zbow is enough to hit a 99. Why do we need it to do that more often? The other godswords on the other hand are kind of useless in spk. Also the godswords to gmaul spec is scary as is. Claws aren't useless as I've hit 80 countless times with decent gear like vesta, serp, primal boots, ect. In spawn gear you can also hit over 70. People offer suggestions to help the new/poor people but you can't just make everything even. You're trying to make a spec weapon that has no risk because it is auto kept that makes people even stronger. It just doesn't add up for me. Imagine someone with a death genie and a ring of vig (i), ags (i) comp cape that is 9 items you can protect if you are unskulled with item protection prayer. There is litteraly like no risk to wearing max gear. This update will hurt the poor more then it will help. It will make them have to pay more for a "decent" ags. They will have less of a chance to loot high geared players and veterans. I just don't see any benefit but the content boost and the 3 lower teir godswords being made more useful. I'm personally against it but if it happens it happens.

1 hour ago, Tweva said:

Are we trying to 1 shot people? The one tick with an age and a zbow is enough to hit a 99. 

This requires timing and reactions which not many people can do or will do as it sacrifices eat time and means you can die much easier than someone just double specing ele dagger because you are constantly looking for hit predictions and not as ready for someone to rambo veng spec.

As to there being no risk involved, it should break like the Blessed SS and require an AGS sacrifice every time and have a limited amount of hits to balance it in the economy if Ryan ever decides its worth implementing.

I like the idea of breaking like the ss. Maybe a small repair cost to make it an ags (i) again in things like bm or coins

Even more sinks!

I just would like to see the entire Idea in general. godsword 'or' would have the stats from normal ags atm. Its way to OP for a weapon this cheap and common. I see a problem for the eco neither for new players.

Idk why ppl keep mentioning Dclaws I didnt want any buff on em they are op as they are right now.

Ags max hit is around 80, correct me if I am wrong, and that definetelly should stay like that, the only thing the (or) would do better is be slightly more accurate, the buffing part should shine the most when it comes to bgs/sgs/zgs.

I agree with pjers addition on the idea itself it would be nice if they would break or you would keep the (or) kit for the gs and the player who killed you would get the reg gs.

Beginners will have to pay more to get a decent spec wep thats true, but they will also receive more when they want to kill kbd, or they could spend bm to buy godswords and sell them, overall it benefits the rich and the poor in the longterm imo.

9 minutes ago, despair said:

Idk why ppl keep mentioning Dclaws I didnt want any buff on em they are op as they are right now.

Ags max hit is around 80, correct me if I am wrong, and that definetelly should stay like that, the only thing the (or) would do better is be slightly more accurate, the buffing part should shine the most when it comes to bgs/sgs/zgs.

I agree with pjers addition on the idea itself it would be nice if they would break or you would keep the (or) kit for the gs and the player who killed you would get the reg gs.

Beginners will have to pay more to get a decent spec wep thats true, but they will also receive more when they want to kill kbd, or they could spend bm to buy godswords and sell them, overall it benefits the rich and the poor in the longterm imo.

Support once again, i'll rebump and relink to ryan.

On 12/7/2017 at 7:37 AM, Phenomenon said:

There are literally over 10,000 armadyl godswords in the economy (AT LEAST)

Nobody wanted to believe me so: https://gyazo.com/a0727d5d3b058b9a2ea3819fac310706

• It may have costed me a lot of cash to achieve, but i had a point to make.
  • I also would not spend a single AGS trying to hunt the ornament version of it, nor do i think others will.
  • I definitely would be on board with a cosmetic upgrade, but by no means should we add an auto-keep feature or boosted stats/effects.

Do all you kids care about nowadays is customs? Get good at the game and PK without ridiculously overpowered items.

1 hour ago, Phenomenon said:

Nobody wanted to believe me so: https://gyazo.com/a0727d5d3b058b9a2ea3819fac310706

• I also would not spend a single AGS trying to hunt the ornament version of it, nor do i think others will.
  • I definitely would be on board with a cosmetic upgrade, but by no means should we add an auto-keep feature or boosted stats/effects.

Do all you kids care about nowadays is customs? Get good at the game and PK without ridiculously overpowered items.

If the point you were trying to make is that there's too many of them in the economy, causing the (or) versions to be over-used/pretty common very quickly, then you didn't even have to purchase the god swords to do that, but that's up to you right. This point holds some kind of value yes, however do remember that he did mention a success rate for this "up gradation" to happen. Hell, we could just make the rate 0.5%, until the the amount of god swords have been decreased dramatically, and then change the rate if it's too low. The rate would obviously be discussed if this update is being considered. No matter what the rate is, as long as people try to upgrade it, it'll be a sink.

What you would do shouldn't affect the term of the actual update, it's rather what the other people will do - which seems like a fair few people who have commented are willing to do, and well we can't really see the future but I'm sure plenty of people would love to at least try an upgraded version of the swords. But if your opinion is completely ignoring that fact, then sure continue the ignorance. You have to think of how it'll benefit in the long run.

Don't know why you're so upset about 'customs', but does anyone want them to overpowered? Increasing accuracy (as an example) by 'a bit' doesn't mean 99.99% max hit? He hasn't given out full details to what he wants the stats to be, but honestly if you're that dumb to think that it'll be the most overpowered weapon that'll ever exist, then I don't know man. Obviously the stats would be discussed, and again... "a bit" doesn't mean much/ a lot. 

You'd think that people would have the will to look at the update idea itself, and let the adjustment happen later on. As it seems, your reason for not wanting this is due to the massive overflow and the fear that they'll be too overpowered, which literally is all about adjusting the idea itself. There's no reason to not support this if that's your problem, as again... it can be adjusted <- which is why it's a suggestion. And yes, I just assumed that you disliked it due to your response being sent out in an aggressive way. 

4 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

I haven't seen any comment doubting your statement about there being over 10k ags out there in the eco tbh so there was no point to be proven we weren't already perfectly aware of lol. Infact that the amount of ags ingame is rediculous was obvious and one of the motivators behind my suggestion.

I do not know why those who are against my proposition keep thinking the new ags (or) will desl constant 99 specs.

1. The max hit will/has to stay the same as thats not the issue with ags.

2. The accuracy buff will just be a SLIGHTLY one.

3. The success rate should obviously be low to make it an actual decent item sink. I really hope anyone involved with development and working on updates was aware of that.

The goal is to bring a new better yet balanced version of the godswords to keep them attractive in the market for both rich and poor.

Poor players will benefit from the demand making it easier to build a bank in the long term.

Rich players will benefit from a new custom to show off and have fun with, and dont forget about the other 3 godswords that could be finally be used without being in a constant disadvantage against others using ele dagger, dclaws etc.

No idea how something as powerful as vig (i) was okay but a small accuracy buff on ags isnt lol.

One last note : The focus isnt just on ags focus on the benefits for the other 3 godswords aswell please. 

On 12/2/2017 at 8:58 AM, Jean Paul said:

Support but only for AGS and Claws atm...They are almost junk sadly and can't be considered as a decent drop. This was suggested before and who knows one day it will happen. Thanks for the detailed suggestion tho!

Regards,
JP

I completely disagree. Ags is a great 1-tick high powered weapon that if used correctly, especially combo'd with range, can 1 tick stack 90+.

And claws spec like 80+ why does that need a buff? lmao

Edited by gf07

2 hours ago, gf07 said:

I completely disagree. Ags is a great 1-tick high powered weapon that if used correctly, especially combo'd with range, can 1 tick stack 90+.

100% agree with this. we don't need to buff the ags or claws.

13 hours ago, gf07 said:

11 hours ago, Micro shade4 said:

100% agree with this. we don't need to buff the ags or claws.

Where did I mention "Buff"? It's sad to see that such a great spec weapon drops so frequently and is only worth 100m and 250m atm compare to other weapons.

3 hours ago, Jean Paul said:

Where did I mention "Buff"? It's sad to see that such a great spec weapon drops so frequently and is only worth 100m and 250m atm compare to other weapons.

It could use a accuracy buff, it's accuracy sucks compared to ele dagger, and even bss that's just a 2b higher. Those weapons have insane accuracy and hit hard. If the AGS(or) would have a 10-15% accuracy buff that's all we need. That's something along the lines of ryan giving it a buff via one of his updates.

Apart from that, we'd need to severely decrease the drop rate/minimize what bosses drop them like KBD/Brutals/ Just about every single dragon including Frozen, Lava, and Rune.

• Like 1