Wiish

Donate $250 for a fuse pet box needs a bit of work

I bought $250 thinking id get the fuse box as the tab that had the offer didn't clarify that i need to donate $250. It should really clarify that you need to DONATE $250 to get the box. That is my suggestion.

P.S. I wasted my money on buying $250 because it didn't clarify. I deserve something in return!!

• Like 1

They should add the feature to use bonds to claim the reward, Its a win win situation for both sides. People will donate and sell bonds even more and people will be claiming bonds so they can get the box.

This guy also should receive the box for what he has done $250 with ingame money is really expensive! Help this lad out. 

• Thanks 1

I was told that I needed to donate to get the box from a staff member. I bought the bonds ingame and was told that doesn't work, My counter is still on 0.

When the update was released, ryan specificly said you would need to donate to the game not use bonds made in-game. If you need me to copy and paste where it says this i have no problems with it. Next time, look at the actual updates and not take it from other players.

13 minutes ago, rated said:

When the update was released, ryan specificly said you would need to donate to the game not use bonds made in-game. If you need me to copy and paste where it says this i have no problems with it. Next time, look at the actual updates and not take it from other players.

1. Not everyone reads the update post, and we shouldn't need to.

2. It should say that you need to donate for it ingame. It just looks like it says get $250 to get the box. How could that mean we need to donate and cant buy ingame.

It's like having a teleport button in your spellbook that has a bunch of pictures, and to find out what they do you need to read a forums post, it doesn't make any sense. It should say it ingame. We shouldn't have to open up a forums post and start reading stuff just to find out something that should have been said ingame.

Because ryan is trying to make money. Ryan dont make money= ryan shuts the game down. And thats like saying an event in osrs gives you additional str xp and someone does the event that didnt want or need the xp and gets mad because he/she didnt bother to read an update that takes 10 seconds. Regardless, it should be a lesson so that you read them next time. And btw, when runescape was still young they didnt have a name by each of the spells and what they did so to get the information players went to the wiki to find out what everything did so its actually exactly the same and it makes perfect since. Your negligence to read shouldnt be redirected back at staff.

Okay im not blaming staff for anything, im just saying there should be a clarification of the event ingame. I shouldn't need to go out of my way to read something just to find out how something ingame works. I read the promo which saysimage.png.a71cf0880fb12700e4e14e8dc6949d69.png , how the hell should i suddenly think 'let me go read forums so i can understand something that looks clear af to me already'? Then i might aswell go look at forums before doing ::home because the information provided ingame of what the command may not be what i think it means.

• Like 1

You should of say this before you donated, I Am not sure but I am pretty sure that It's to late to chargeback your $ now next time it would be better if you asked beforehand.

I dont know what you mean jody, but i didnt donate. Im just saying that i claimed $250 and thought id get the box. I asked if the owners could clarify that you needed to actually donate $250 on the promo tab so we can understand, and people dont buy bonds thinking they will get the box.

You could of easily asked a staff member for clarification, and also Ryan had clarified a bit after he released the update. The update notes on the forums are there for a reason, Ryan doesn't do them for fun. If you were not fully informed before making a drastic purchase, that only falls on yourself. I do agree we should make a clarification that it has to be ::donate and not just claim bonds in game. But a refund because you took the initiative without being informed is your problem and should in no way be reimbursed.

• Like 1

yeah i received this prank aswell but should have realised after the first bond it wasnt counting towards the task, way to good to believe

7 hours ago, Kellatha said:

You could of easily asked a staff member for clarification, and also Ryan had clarified a bit after he released the update. The update notes on the forums are there for a reason, Ryan doesn't do them for fun. If you were not fully informed before making a drastic purchase, that only falls on yourself. I do agree we should make a clarification that it has to be ::donate and not just claim bonds in game. But a refund because you took the initiative without being informed is your problem and should in no way be reimbursed.

I think that's wrong. if he returns everything then he should be able to get a refund because the only reason he donated was cause of the fuse box. he should be refunded and allowed to redo the donation in the correct way. if he isn't refunded that's just a low blow. I understand he should've read carefully but $250 isn't $10 and players who contribute that much to a private server should be worked with and not blown off. Staff should show a bit more compassion especially when the $250 is to help the server grow.

So I agree it needs to be clarified more, but it is mostly your fault for not checking beforehand and assuming something.

That being said, there is argument for allowing use of bonds and not allowing. The end result is the same wether it is allowed via opening bonds or only through donating. Think about it.. If you buy $250 bonds from tradepost, you are increasing the demand for the bonds and eventually someone will buy bonds to meet that demand. The prices of the bonds will go up, and more people would want to donate and sell the bonds. It's the same thing as right now, but with the current system the "RICH" kids of the game don't get to take advantage of this. They can't just buy bonds and get a fuse box.. On the other hand this will cause bond prices to go lower because a lot of people will donate to get the fusebox, but they will cause an increase in supply of bonds which no one really wants atm. Perhaps adding another rank past legendary would help offset this.

3 hours ago, stesan said:

I think that's wrong. if he returns everything then he should be able to get a refund because the only reason he donated was cause of the fuse box. he should be refunded and allowed to redo the donation in the correct way. if he isn't refunded that's just a low blow. I understand he should've read carefully but $250 isn't $10 and players who contribute that much to a private server should be worked with and not blown off. Staff should show a bit more compassion especially when the $250 is to help the server grow.

Ryan is now aware of this and plans to add it in the future. We do show compassion towards everyone who donates but keep in mind those $250 were donated BEFORE the promotion was put in place. The promotion is an EXTRA and doesn't need to be given to players who donated $250 before the promotion was in place. I work in retail management and that's not how it works. If a coupon is expired for a free item, they are not getting the item and that's final. That means Ryan would have to spawn in a pet fuse box for someone who just didn't want to read or inform himself before making a purchase, and making it an inconvenience for everyone but himself.

That's just me, i'm not Ryan.

1 minute ago, Kellatha said:

Ryan is now aware of this and plans to add it in the future. We do show compassion towards everyone who donates but keep in mind those $250 were donated BEFORE the promotion was put in place. The promotion is an EXTRA and doesn't need to be given to players who donated $250 before the promotion was in place. I work in retail management and that's not how it works. If a coupon is expired for a free item, they are not getting the item and that's final. That means Ryan would have to spawn in a pet fuse box for someone who just didn't want to read or inform himself before making a purchase, and making it an inconvenience for everyone but himself.

That's just me, i'm not Ryan.

oh he donated $250 before the promotion? if he had no idea of the promotion then just decided that he was entitled to the box as soon as it came out , then yeah hes an idiot it doesn't work that way, but if he knew about the promotion and donated a bit too early, then i say give him the box tbh. If his intentions were to donate $250 because of the pet fuse box promotion then i'd give him the box, but like i said, if he donated $250 and then the promotion happened to come out a day later or something like that then no, but i'd still give him maybe an extra bond or something small ya know cause at the end of the day $250 is $250 lol

1 minute ago, stesan said:

oh he donated $250 before the promotion? if he had no idea of the promotion then just decided that he was entitled to the box as soon as it came out , then yeah hes an idiot it doesn't work that way, but if he knew about the promotion and donated a bit too early, then i say give him the box tbh. If his intentions were to donate $250 because of the pet fuse box promotion then i'd give him the box, but like i said, if he donated $250 and then the promotion happened to come out a day later or something like that then no, but i'd still give him maybe an extra bond or something small ya know cause at the end of the day $250 is $250 lol

Maybe you didn't read correctly, he meant he bought $250 of bonds in the game. Meaning he never did ::donate , he just went up and bought the bonds from other players and that's not how it works. And also not even. those $250 bonds could of been donated even months ago, even if one of those $5 bonds was a left over $5 bond from like May. That's a big and drastic difference in time frames between there and a promotion put in place a few days ago.

Just now, Kellatha said:

Maybe you didn't read correctly, he meant he bought $250 of bonds in the game. Meaning he never did ::donate , he just went up and bought the bonds from other players and that's not how it works.

oh well that's common sense, if there's a promotion if you donate , then you have to donate. the whole point is for you to donate money to the server, buying bonds in game with in game money has nothing to do with a donation.

21 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

Maybe you didn't read correctly, he meant he bought $250 of bonds in the game. Meaning he never did ::donate , he just went up and bought the bonds from other players and that's not how it works. And also not even. those $250 bonds could of been donated even months ago, even if one of those $5 bonds was a left over $5 bond from like May. That's a big and drastic difference in time frames between there and a promotion put in place a few days ago.

Can you clarify what he plans to add? Ability to get it with bonds or a clarification? 

Just now, FP King said:

Can you clarify what he plans to add? Ability to get it with bonds or a clarification? 

A clarification as to that you need to do ::donate and not just claim bonds in game.

I'm not asking for a refund, I was mainly suggesting that they should add that you need to actually donate to recieve the box ingame. The message at the end was a joke (unless you'd like to give me something @Ryan)

im not here to argue whether this was my fault or not, I just wanted to point out that it should tell you ingame that you need to donate for the box, if you're here to argue or to call me an idiot then you can leave because that's not what I made this suggestion for.

Also, I dot feel as if I needed to ask for clarification as the message seemed clear to me. I don't know about you but my instincts don't tell me to ask people for clarification or something that I feel I understand. 

(This is just what I think, no one needs to argue back to me. Just wanted to let people know why I didn't ask for clarification)