Sign in to follow this  
rated

Moderator incentives

I see a lot of things that would benefit players ingame but not once have i seen anything that might benefit not only spk players but also the moderators we have and may have. I suggest we start adding in incentives to being a moderator. Whether it be a slight better drop rate or an item that gives them some sort of bonus (of course not too overpowered but something along the lines of an elemental weapon). Also, they should be given a chance to make a little more cash ingame based on how well they do in a week/month. Doing this will not only increase the amount of players that may wish to become a moderator but it will also benefit the game by making the moderators do a better job and get it done in a timely manner. Just a suggestion but regardless i do think something needs to be given back to all of our mods.

3 hours ago, pj3r said:

Ryan gives them money ingame

Huh? When? I wish :P The only time I ever received something for being staff is a $5 bond in an official give away, and the only reason I got it was because there wasn't even participants and two bonds were left over. One for me and one for Casey. Aside from that the work is purely voluntary and we don't receive any type of payment.

Regardless, im sure it would be appreciated. Im sure if you volunteered at a homeless shelter and they had pizza and you were offered some that you would not turn it down.

Edited by rated

4 hours ago, rated said:

Regardless, im sure it would be appreciated. Im sure if you volunteered at a homeless shelter and they had pizza and you were offered some that you would not turn it down.

Very true, you gotta be mad to turn down food, much less GOOD FOOD? I'm actually dying for a custom crown or custom yell color and that's all I need. Something that let's the server I am me and I am unique :D 

On 11/2/2017 at 3:50 AM, rated said:

I see a lot of things that would benefit players ingame but not once have i seen anything that might benefit not only spk players but also the moderators we have and may have. I suggest we start adding in incentives to being a moderator. Whether it be a slight better drop rate or an item that gives them some sort of bonus (of course not too overpowered but something along the lines of an elemental weapon). Also, they should be given a chance to make a little more cash ingame based on how well they do in a week/month. Doing this will not only increase the amount of players that may wish to become a moderator but it will also benefit the game by making the moderators do a better job and get it done in a timely manner. Just a suggestion but regardless i do think something needs to be given back to all of our mods.

A good staff member will do their duties out of good character, and their willingness to help the server should not be based on any payment/reward that is monetary.

• Their hard work never goes unnoticed, and they are usually rewarded through promotions and other various means.
  • The better the ranking/reputation you have, the more trustworthy you become. As i said before, if they are strong willed (FOR FREE), then it shows good character and you'll hold a lot more influence.

I don't necessarily like the sound of Moderators helping the server for items/money in game, however, if the staff want to talk about some type of "incentive", they can always go to Ryan directly and ask. That will ultimately be between the two of them, as we (the entire team) already have heavy influence on suggestion debates, etc.

I'm looking at the bigger picture here: How would the community feel about this?

• You will get some that say, "They work hard for it and deserve to be given this and that".
  • But you will also get the opposing "That's not fair, they didn't even earn it in game blah blah blah".

It's best to leave it as it is:

On 11/2/2017 at 9:22 AM, Doggy said:

That's like getting money for volunteering in a homeless shack.

On 11/2/2017 at 6:28 PM, Dinkywinky said:

No support, true mods should be there to help not for self gain. 

I never said it was to be based on it, i understand that they get the big mario mushroom but to have something a little extra here and there (not too frequent) just as a good job or something would be nice. I am not saying that they should do it based on the fact that they would get something out of it but just as something that can be earned. Its an incentive it isnt supposed to be payment. Infact, they could just ask for something like cosmetics or skin color. It doesnt affect the game in anyway and it just might inspire others to become mods. Not everyone has the motivation to be a mod tbh, and there are some that have the potential to be great mods but are iffy to apply. Btw add me on discord you noob i pmed you my user.@phenomenon

30 minutes ago, Phenomenon said:

A good staff member will do their duties out of good character, and their willingness to help the server should not be based on any payment/reward that is monetary.

• Their hard work never goes unnoticed, and they are usually rewarded through promotions and other various means.
  • The better the ranking/reputation you have, the more trustworthy you become. As i said before, if they are strong willed (FOR FREE), then it shows good character and you'll hold a lot more influence.

I don't necessarily like the sound of Moderators helping the server for items/money in game, however, if the staff want to talk about some type of "incentive", they can always go to Ryan directly and ask. That will ultimately be between the two of them, as we (the entire team) already have heavy influence on suggestion debates, etc.

I'm looking at the bigger picture here: How would the community feel about this?

• You will get some that say, "They work hard for it and deserve to be given this and that".
  • But you will also get the opposing "That's not fair, they didn't even earn it in game blah blah blah".

It's best to leave it as it is:

^^

On 11/2/2017 at 1:00 AM, pj3r said:

Ryan gives them money ingame

so your logic is, reward a helper/mod for what they are suppose to do? something they signed up for, when they wanted that position. being a mod already has its perks, i don't believe giving an extra drop rate would help. how about fixing the current drop rate and adding new mini games and bosses so when more people come there is MORE things to do.