Glorified

Can't open the client or run it

Just in need of a little help. I got an HP Pavillion 23 and i downloaded latest version of Java and the latest version of the client, and every time i attempt to run the client, it repeatedly takes me to a mini-tab that says "Open", "Save", "Save as". Once i click on "open" it opens up another tab and tells me to download again. This process is also the same with downloading the Repair Tool. Don't know what to do, in need of some help. Thank you.

• Sad 1

Hello @Glorified. This might work.                                                                                                                                                                                                                  1: Go to your home folder // If you are on Windows then go to c:// and find Users. Find the main one, and delete the .SpawnPK - Then delete the client and install the latest one from our website (http://spawnpk.net) - Delete Java, and install the latest version of "JDK" - and "Java". That should work. Your third option would be trying the client repair tool and select the error you are getting. I hope this would help, otherwise i'd have you to contact one of the Moderators, or Administrators.  Kind regards, Mafiaso.

Hello Glorified, the following steps might help you get you client working again:

1. Locate your "downloads" folder and proceed to delete all the "SPK" Clients.
  2. Head over to your C Drive > User > (your username), and advance to step 3.
  3. Delete ".spawnpk" & ".spawn-pkdata" from your C drive.
  4. Go to https://www.java.com and download the newest java version.
  5. Go to http://www.spawnpk.net and download the client.

If the issue persists, you can try the client repair tool. This can be found on the forums homepage in the upper right: https://gyazo.com/53a4e388b47ecc31d4b694efd3b35dae

Nick also has a comprehensive thread that talks about client repairing, it can be found here: 

Thanks!

I still have yet to figure out this problem. I gave up back then and just used the same computer I played with and now i have a brand new computer and started from scratch. Running off of Windows 10, downloaded latest java download, and when I try to download the client, it keeps giving me a "save", "save as", and "open" options. I feel as if it is just some type of protection system for the laptop, but I am not tech savvy enough to figure this out...

IMG_5864_LI.jpg

What that alert is saying, is that if you "Open" the file, it will not be automatically saved. If you save the actual file, the client shall stay. The 3rd option gives you the ability to save it as a name of your choice. It appears you already have a SpawnPK client downloaded, since it says SPK(1).Jar? I could be wrong on this though.

If your client still is not working, try the client repair tool in the upper right hand corner of our forum home page. If the issue is occurring once the client is actually opened, you need to follow the comprehensive guide above.

Do you have java installed? Is it up to date? Try re installing that and after you did restart your computer to update the registry and let java open at startup like regular. It seems you don't have it. Try and move the client to your desktop and right click the "open with" and open it with java

The guide doesn't have an option for this. The Repair Tool is in the same situation as the client download. And I just reinstalled the latest version of Java and verified it is up to date, but when I right click the download off of my desktop, and press "open with" it says to pick an app and I can't find Java? Where would it be if I have downloaded it already? It doesn't pop up on any of my folders in any of the computer (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, etc.).