Ryan

[August 16th, 2017] Miasmic spells, enchanting system, and more!

Next update ETA
August 20th, 2017

xpX0KRN.png

Content updates:

• Zuriel's staff
    • This item is now available from the PvP mystery box
    • Like other PvP equipment, this staff will break on death
      • Repair cost is 50,000,000 coins
  • Miasmic spells
    • These four new spells have been added to the ancient magic book
    • Casting them will require a Zuriel's staff, which is now available from the PvP mystery box
    • Each spell will serve as the highest damage of its type (rush, burst, blitz, barrage)
    • The effect of miasmic spells will decrease your opponent's attack speed
      • This is slightly less severe than the original RS slow speed, due to the higher accessibility of the spell on this server
  • Enchantment system
    • Check it out by interacting with the magic chest in Edgeville, next to the pet fuser
    • Through these new system, you'll be able to sacrifice ingredients for a chance to create an enchanted item
    • Some items have a 100% chance to be enchanted, while others may have <10%
    • Each item's rate of success (and required ingredients) is indicated through the enchantment menu
    • New items will be added to this enchantment system in future updates
    • The following items, which were previously available through various ways, have been moved to this system:
      • Enchanted partyhat
      • Enchanted h'ween mask
      • Doppelganger pet
    • There is a new enchantable pet available (see below)
      • Enchanted yoshi
  • Enchanted yoshi pet
    • This new pet is available through the enchantment system
    • Attempting the enchantment requires one yoshi pet, and five blood diamonds
    • This new pet allows you to switch into any of the following fused yoshi pet effects
      • Celestial yoshi pet
      • Nocturnal yoshi pet
      • Infernal yoshi pet
    • Simply right click the item and select "Change-type" to select which effect to activate
    • Pet includes animated green and purple textures
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Aussie Ben said:

Will yoshi still bank stuff if enchanted?

Yoshi's job is to Bank stuff, so yes.

Small but very nice packed update. Looking forward to that enchanted yoshi! Hopefully the new spells with zuriels staff can finally make pvm with mage viable.

wtf is this barrage spell loc?????????????????????????????? its so fucked fix it pls make it at same loc where it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome stuff. Miasmic spells are neat, but the spellbook configuration is a bit irksome.

The doppelganger rate was ~1/15 = 6.67% with Kolodion and is now 5% at the chest. Not sure if nerfing the rate was intentional, just heads up.

3 minutes ago, saturate said:

Awesome stuff. Miasmic spells are neat, but the spellbook configuration is a bit irksome.

The doppelganger rate was ~1/15 = 6.67% with Kolodion and is now 5% at the chest. Not sure if nerfing the rate was intentional, just heads up.

Doppelganger was already nerfed to 1/20 with Kolodin so 5% is correct. I don't know if it's me but I can't get Miasmic spells as autocast...

9 minutes ago, Jean Paul said:

Doppelganger was already nerfed to 1/20 with Kolodin so 5% is correct. I don't know if it's me but I can't get Miasmic spells as autocast...

Yeah it was nerfed like a week or two after doppelganger was released. And same! I don't think you can auto cast miasmic spells, I tried it and nothing happened.

It would be nice if @Ryan could make miasmic spells toggable, or either just fix the spellbook. Overall sweet af updates, not gonna lie.

1 hour ago, Faith pots said:

It would be nice if @Ryan could make miasmic spells toggable, or either just fix the spellbook. Overall sweet af updates, not gonna lie.

Oh like rs3 where you do not need a staff to auto cast spells? I'm not sure if it really goes on like that in rs3, but I played a server a long time ago that was based on rs3 and you could just right click a spell in the spell book and you had the option to auto cast that spell.

43 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

Oh like rs3 where you do not need a staff to auto cast spells? I'm not sure if it really goes on like that in rs3, but I played a server a long time ago that was based on rs3 and you could just right click a spell in the spell book and you had the option to auto cast that spell.

Toggable as in having an option to choose between miasmic spells and ancients (old style). I've already talked to ryan about it and he's already planning to add it as soon as possible. ;)

IDK about auto cast though, right click it to autocast is pretty gay tbh, lol.