Sign in to follow this  
fakie

People are invisible

i dont know if this has only been happening to me but its quite annoying i got skull tricked into losing a blow pipe and bounty cape while slaying because of this just started doing this recently as the new update came out

proof: https://gyazo.com/7f5aca0f660aff6ca46e0c193b398e53

proof 2 : https://gyazo.com/9e2c5786debf07a302407b6f5fa1e0a4

that is people pking but they are invisible on my screen has been happening to me alot and it is very annoying please help me find a way to fix it ,

-Thanks, Fakie

but it never happened until the new update came out and its really annoying please someone help.

I have this also where you teleport in and have to wait until you see someone. I don't know what cause this ,but I know it not the computer.

I also noticed this logging in after the most recent update where I would teleport to a location and not see certain people or anyone at all (don't think the dot even appeared on the minimap but could be wrong), and it took a second or two for them to appear, almost like the game was still loading their character. This could become quite problematic so hopefully it can be fixed.

This sense of "Invisibility" you are getting is due to the recent update, and tweaks are being made. In fact, the mechanics that you are seeing now is how it SHOULD be during the Pre-EOC days i believe. This has been set in place primarily due to the fact that when chasing down your target who has teleported home before this update took place, they would be completely invisible and unable to be found for a good 2-3 seconds, thus leaving you with the timer about to expire, or no timer at all. Now that's not the case, as it has become more "Instant" when chasing down your opponent. Refer to the following excerpt from the recent update:

Player updating

• Players closest to you should appear first when teleporting or entering a new region
  • This should prevent targets/players being "invisible" right in front of you for a few seconds after teleporting
  • These modifications may also help with lag issues while teleporting
    • We will be continuing to make an effort to improve these through other improvements in stability

@Phenomenon (quote button is broken again)

The issue is not fixed and possibly even worse than it was before lol. That is what this thread is about. You can teleport to an area and there will be only one person there yet it will take some time for them to appear and they will be invisible. Something about the previous update clearly backfired. I've teleported to numerous wilderness locations with only one other person there and it takes some time for them to appear to me despite me seeing an NPC being hit by something that's invisible or a dot on my minimap but no player appearing to me. I'm not sure if this happens to everyone but it certainly happens to more than just one player.

@i just rag Personally i've seen improvement when teleporting home and chasing down my opponent. But i have also noticed what you're saying with the following statement:

I've teleported to numerous wilderness locations with only one other person there and it takes some time for them to appear to me despite me seeing an NPC being hit by something that's invisible or a dot on my minimap but no player appearing to me. I'm not sure if this happens to everyone but it certainly happens to more than just one player.

This is an issue that has arised MOST LIKELY due to the update, specifically what i mentioned above. What i was referring to by "Fixed" is what i mentioned in my introductory statement. I've been talking to Ryan about this, and it's been noted.

•