Phenomenon

Potentially one of the BIGGEST SpawnPK Updates?? [FULL DETAIL]

So before we get started i just want to let you know, i put a lot of thought into this suggestion and i'm going to try to address every little Bonus, Issue, Misconception, Etc that this suggestion might have.

A Brief Summary of what this suggestion will be: A second SpawnPK world (World 2) That is Eco-Spawn (Some things will be Spawnable, Some things will not be) That brings back the sense of a 'stable economy' In which all of the items we see everyday shall have more rarity. This server will STILL be PVP Based and not in any way skilling/PVM based.

I want to take you guys back to the past .... Remember the Pre-EOC days (2011?) Where shit was REAL AF if you saw a player wearing a blue partyhat, or risking bandos/Claws/AGS in the wilderness? That's the kind of envisionment i'm getting with this world 2.

Currently, On SpawnPK here are the current price trends for items that SHOULD BE RARE, NOT OFTEN SEEN:

Bandos Chestplate - 60M (Consistent)

Bandos tassets - 260M (2 Or so sellers, however that's at an overprice sale, anyone could get their hands on this for cheaper)

Statius pieces/weapons range anywhere between 220M to 700M (Consistently, multiple sellers)

Vesta pieces/weapons range anywhere between 700M To 1B (Consistently, Multiple sellers)

We can even take this one step further, and go to 'SACRED' items that are only supposed to be like 4 or so in the game, the most rarest items you shall ever find:

Partyhats: All reasonable partyhat sales are 4-5b each, Multiple sellers. Not the mention the page is massive in length.

You guys have no idea how powerful these items are/can be. Its quite foolish how we belittle the potential of such powerful items by reducing them to the cost equivalent of a penny.

These are just a very small list of big time items that have crashed extremely hard and have fallen into the wrong hands.. The list goes on, such as:

The berserker Pet

The genie pet

Korasi's sword!

Elemental Crossbow/Dagger

Barrelchest weapons

Abyssal Dagger

The list goes on and on...

Whats to blame for the economy crashing so hard?

Quite personally , i think the 'OP' items like torva , etc are too common.

I also believe donations are too strong, if you donate a very small amount you unlock the most powerful weapons in the game, Thus you get the complaints of a 'Pay to win' Server.

Addressing misconceptions:

Q: Partyhats are only cosmetics, so they will always be useless to the economy even if they were made into sacred rare items..

A: Not quite true, although they serve no purpose in a PVP environment, they would still hold MAJOR value in the sense of Gambling and the duel arena. Not to mention that, but Partyhats used to be a symbol of high social class. Think of this comparison: When you saw the player 'Nacholimey' On SpawnPK, or even 'Win all day' on runescape, you immediately knew this player was freaken loaded just by the items that they wear. Partyhats should be one of those items. When you see someone with this item it should be immediately be addressed as 'Zezima' Type of fame. So why are there endless in the game and so easy to obtain?

Q: No support, this Suggeston will ruin SpawnPK.

A: My question is, Why not? Why can't you eliminate every point i made and prove them to be invalid? Remember, This is for a WORLD 2. The current spawnPK we've all come to know and love shall not be affected.

Q: Wouldn't Players just be able to donate their way into being the richest in game and we would have the same problem?

A: Not quite, the currency i am thinking of right now would be for PKP, Which would give access to stuff like Barrows, Etc. I'm still coming up wit a plan for this, but IT WILL NOT give them access to the big time items like Torva, Partyhats, Statius, Vesta, Bandos, Ags, claws. This will have to be done through various achievements almost like ele comp (Achievements that are nearly impossible to reach unless COUNTLESS TIME is spent on the game).

^^^ Q: If donations don't give you access to this, why would anyone donate? Wouldn't the server (or that world) Begin to die, making this suggestion/update useless?

A: Although this is a very good question i thought of, i have come up with a solution. Donations could give you more title oriented privileges rather than item oriented. If you donate, you would get benefits such as ::yell, Possible yell tags, Titles beside your name, etc. Still thinking of more things that could be implemented but it DEFINITELY will be something that won't kill the eco, but still benefit the players as well. We might also include PKP donations as well, but we will make sure that nothing gets put in the shop that would cause another economic catastrophe like we have right now.

The way i see it, I don't want the eco to crash hard on this second world. So being rewarded stuff via donations is possible, but won't be immense. The most they would get would be stuff like Torags, Veracs etc. They would NOT be getting their hands on Torva, Any partyhats, Vesta, bandos, statius, claws, ags, Custom weapons, etc. That will be EARNED through extreme hard work.

Another cool thing i'd like to see would be new customs implemented into the server, the following would be inclusive but not limited to:

Lava whips (With some sort of special effect)

Ice whips (With some sort of special effect)

Some kind of whip for defense

Some kind of whip for accuracy

Some kind of whip for Strength

Etc. Always room for improvement.

Please share this thread with all of your friends, Simply tell them in game or over yell ::Topic (in the link there will be a T=Example) Somewhere in the link. This is the topic number. So if they do ::Topic 2145 (Youtube rank requirements) They will get referred to the topic. And Please share your feedback in the comments, as that is always important. Once this becomes a popular topic, i shall share this topic with ryan.

Thank you,

Tev out.

Here is a TABLE of what i think the item's should be based off of rarity...

[COMMON]: Players seen pking in the wilderness with Barrows (With the exception of Dharok) With DDS/Dmace/Etc as their Special Attack weapon.

[uNCOMMON]: Players seen pking in the wilderness with Dharoks With DDS/Dmace/ETC as their Special Attack Weapon.

[RARE]: Players seen pking in the wilderness with Dragon Claws / Armadyl Godsword as their Special Attack Weapon.

[Very Rare]: Players seen pking (Or even standing @ Edgeville) With Full Bandos/Statius/Vestas Equipped.

[WTF is that Zezima?! MOM GET THE CAMERA!] Player seen with a Partyhat (Of any color) / Third age Pieces / Santa hat / H'ween Masks / Nex / Korasi / Customs/ Etc. These items should barely EVER be seen.

Thoughts?

[WTF is that Zezima?!

That my son, will never happen bitchass.

Am jk, i'd love a W2 with a new Eco. Maybe also make all barrows unspawnable + dfs too?

I got some Questions :

1) Donations on Main word 1 will not be received in word 2?

2) I don't accept this idea very much man, If you look at Soulsp### and Ossca### they got 2-3 words.They broke their game by splitting the player base into 2 different ways, maybe word 1 will be dead and word 2 will take over?

3)Trading items in word 1 for word 2 cash/items is considered as RWT ATTEMPT?

Thus, I like your idea and i Do support it very much!

For me, i would like to see word 2.

I got some Questions :

1) Donations on Main word 1 will not be received in word 2?

2) I don't accept this idea very much man, If you look at Soulsp### and Ossca### they got 2-3 words.They broke their game by splitting the player base into 2 different ways, maybe word 1 will be dead and word 2 will take over?

3)Trading items in word 1 for word 2 cash/items is considered as RWT ATTEMPT?

Thus, I like your idea and i Do support it very much!

For me, i would like to see word 2.

Like i said these are just thoughts, But to answer some questions:

1) No W1 Donations and W2 Donations will be kept seperate

2) With our youtubers like Myself, Sohan, Borlad, etc, I Feel like with proper advertisement we would bring in new players to the server thus not splitting the player base too hard. It would mainly be a traffic source of New players coming into the W2 Rather than 80% of the server switching to W2. i estimate only a good 5% would head over there and STAY. the rest would hop back to W1. think of 'edgepvp' Its there, people tried it, but who actually sticks there and has it become active? No. but thats because its not really advertised that hard.

3) In my opinion, i would want it to be considered RWT. idk how ryan would feel though.

A lot of the items you listed are common not due to donations but due to them being so common. Abyssal daggers are extremely common from abyssal sire and goodiebags and there's thousands of them, they generally aren't a highly valuable item on most servers anyways. Undead Pkers literally shit out bandos sets like there's no tomorrow. Elemental items dropped because quite honestly, there isn't much use for the dagger, the staff is only for rushers and can easily be tanked, and the bow was nerfed and people are upset they can't just 1 hit people with it anymore. This plus the fact that you can literally afk at ::vip with auto retaliate on and get drops, resulting in a lot of people doing this constantly. The genie pet dropped partially because it is worthless after maxing out which doesn't take very long anyways, and partially because of the epic pet box. Any blood fuser/salvager items are common because these are ways of getting other items out of the eco, and there's a lot of the items, resulting in a lot of shards/diamonds, and thus a lot of rewards from them. The epic pet box is also partially to blame for the blood berserker crashing. Barrelchest items are one of if not the most common reward from boxes/chests/etc.

Donations are partially to blame but not fully and honestly donations keep the server afloat so I see no reason to mess with this as we'd be a lot worse off had Ryan not made changes and sinks over time to combat this. It's not the most preferential situation but probably the best we're going to have.

I honestly feel the World 2 would be a waste of time and effort for Ryan and only splitting a relatively small playerbase that already lost a fair amount of people when Runex came out (although it also gained quite a few due to Sohan and other video makers) for a very small appeal. You also said that people won't be able to donate for powerful weapons/gear, but honestly that's the only reason most people donate anyways. It's sad but true.

If this were Ryan making SPK from scratch I would certainly suggest he take some of these into account but with the server already being here and the unlikelihood of a 2nd world being worth it, I think it's best just to try and fix the one we have before trying to make another one.

Additionally, there shouldn't be any 'sacred' items as you called them with only a few ingame as you stated they were. Those are generally more damaging than anything because they wind up in the hands of people who demand ridiculous amounts of money/items for a relatively useless item which then results in a large transfer of wealth to a player who will now be deciding the value of those items as well. When a server just comes out this is great yeah, but the server's been around for quite some time now and there shouldn't be a low amount of any 'sacred' items.

i read the first 7 words and got bored. I'm here for the postcount

but I did skim through, I don't want to see the server split into 2 halfs unfortunately.

A lot of the items you listed are common not due to donations but due to them being so common. Abyssal daggers are extremely common from abyssal sire and goodiebags and there's thousands of them, they generally aren't a highly valuable item on most servers anyways. Undead Pkers literally shit out bandos sets like there's no tomorrow. Elemental items dropped because quite honestly, there isn't much use for the dagger, the staff is only for rushers and can easily be tanked, and the bow was nerfed and people are upset they can't just 1 hit people with it anymore. This plus the fact that you can literally afk at ::vip with auto retaliate on and get drops, resulting in a lot of people doing this constantly. The genie pet dropped partially because it is worthless after maxing out which doesn't take very long anyways, and partially because of the epic pet box. Any blood fuser/salvager items are common because these are ways of getting other items out of the eco, and there's a lot of the items, resulting in a lot of shards/diamonds, and thus a lot of rewards from them. The epic pet box is also partially to blame for the blood berserker crashing. Barrelchest items are one of if not the most common reward from boxes/chests/etc.

Donations are partially to blame but not fully and honestly donations keep the server afloat so I see no reason to mess with this as we'd be a lot worse off had Ryan not made changes and sinks over time to combat this. It's not the most preferential situation but probably the best we're going to have.

I honestly feel the World 2 would be a waste of time and effort for Ryan and only splitting a relatively small playerbase that already lost a fair amount of people when Runex came out (although it also gained quite a few due to Sohan and other video makers) for a very small appeal. You also said that people won't be able to donate for powerful weapons/gear, but honestly that's the only reason most people donate anyways. It's sad but true.

If this were Ryan making SPK from scratch I would certainly suggest he take some of these into account but with the server already being here and the unlikelihood of a 2nd world being worth it, I think it's best just to try and fix the one we have before trying to make another one.

Additionally, there shouldn't be any 'sacred' items as you called them with only a few ingame as you stated they were. Those are generally more damaging than anything because they wind up in the hands of people who demand ridiculous amounts of money/items for a relatively useless item which then results in a large transfer of wealth to a player who will now be deciding the value of those items as well. When a server just comes out this is great yeah, but the server's been around for quite some time now and there shouldn't be a low amount of any 'sacred' items.

Very valid points, I Was actually looking forward to your response due to the fact that you are one of the most intelligent and logical people i know on SpawnPK (Exceeded by ryan only). And due to these points it actually does make me a bit concerned with what i suggested. If not W2, Then possibly some tweaks is what i should be suggesting/thinking about.

Personally I wouldn't like it considering how many players worked for the comp capes and I doubt we would want to do all that again just on world 2. So does this mean the players who already accomplished it get at least some sort of bonus on w2 to begin with rather than starting 100% fresh? I doubt everyone who has achieved it wants to go through the pain of having to do it again.

Even if you advertise the right way there is still the risk of it splitting our player base and causing a crash. To fix the eco I say we should remove the tradepost. Yes it has it's positives with selling items over night but, since it was added prices have done nothing but crash. People just undercut each other for quick money. I noticed that the eco was more stable before the tp as in rasi was around 25-30B and divine was near 40+. The TP was a bad idea in my opinion and removing that as well as wiping certain items that you mentioned out from eco an just reset those items with a TP removal instead of a full eco reset and w2. The grand exchange for example is like the TP. As you can see the AGS on old school went from 50m and now its somewhere at 30m. Eventually that will drop to an rs3 price which is around 1m if not a few 100k. Any sort of trading post or grand exchange is what brought the eco down so quickly.

I Do like th idea of a real economy and not being rune x but I feel most players don't want to start from scratch or donate more. The pkp system really would be nice to function an eco around it but gambling would soon end up the same way it did on spawnpk some rich for no good reason dumping items into eco for quick cash dropping prices along the board.

I would not like to see a second world made... it would split the economy. I think that the first world should be dealt with before a second is made. I think that the donations are fine as it is now. People are donating for a reason and the server is making a good amount of money. I do not see a reason to change it.

Very valid points, I Was actually looking forward to your response due to the fact that you are one of the most intelligent and logical people i know on SpawnPK (Exceeded by ryan only). And due to these points it actually does make me a bit concerned with what i suggested. If not W2, Then possibly some tweaks is what i should be suggesting/thinking about.

you should not be concerned tevin

if we want to see the server grow we have to take

risks

big risk = big win

everything that gets updated aka a new world a new weapon can also be reversed i like the idea

Honestly, i don't think we have a large enough player base to successfully run 2 worlds , as said by someone before about the soulspl## and ossca## those servers had 700+ players and could afford to do that but with our current player base if the server was split into 2 worlds one of the worlds would die off guaranteed unless we develop a larger player base along with that the worlds seem to be very similar but if we were to make 2 worlds i believe one should be a full eco/pvm/pvp, and the other should stay the same spawn pk server.

I fully support. Coming from someone who spent the majority of their server time PVMing, i'd like to see some skills actually account towards the economy.

Remember grinding for 90+ slayer?with just a x10 experience rate.

Grinding for a pair of dragon boots?

Grinding for an abyssal whip?

Grinding for even just one piece of bandos?

Remember crying when you lost about a hundred adamant arrows in F2P? I sure did.

Remember when buying runes actually cost bank and not purchasable in bulk amounts for 1gp each? I sure do.

This new server should only hold one type of account, meaning no extra money on kill/no drop rate bonus/no special bonus. Everyone will be equal and hold, lets say a x10 experience rate(besides combat.)

Donations: Being a donator will also not give you any in game advantage over other players for donating. Considering that, any form of donating currency whether its a ticket thats tradable should also not be involved. Donations will be strictly used for supporting the server, with access to a certain form of untradable item(s) that will apply to PvP. I'd vouch for some Donator capes(which will also be matched later with PvP achievments.) Anything a donator gets can be obtained later on with certain achievements in PvP. We don't want to make donating worthless, so it will be seen as a form of "giving you an early push."

Example: Donator status is 10$ and comes with a Donator Cape Answer: Non donators can get a similar cape with identical stats at 1,000 kills.

Slayer: I really vouch for this because this will be the main way people get their gear to PvP. I wouldn't want everyone spawning full bandos with fury, dboots, b ring, torso, etc. We will need a stable system where players can get gear, and also have a market at the same time. I don't want everyone in just rune smacking each other with whatever they can find, but this is one of the only ways we can get a for sure fair opportunity for every player.

Now slightly different, we also want to reward players for contributing their time and giving a small reward for their pvming grinds. We could implement certain gear that costs slayer points. Lets say a player reaches 1000 slayer points, they can buy an upgraded form of barrows gloves with better stats that is untradable, and obviously kept on death. We wouldn't want to many of these, since it gives newer players basically nothing to gain when they PK. This could be limited to a certain amount of items, lets say 2-3, compromising of an amulet, and gloves, etc.

Example: New player kills Slayer player, new player gets 1 gp Answer: New player kills Slayer player, new player gets 100k.

Ask questions about what I proposed, I've played my fair share of PvP servers both spawn and eco PvP. I've been there, actually since 2010ish, so if my ideas seem a bit off than what you currently see in the big shot servers, is because my ideas are the best of the servers that have existed before. I've donated on most and reached pretty much the highest rank available, had flawless kdr's, held major bank, had staff ranks, etc. You get I know what I'm talking about :)

Personnally i would like to stick at what we have now and keep improving, instead of risking to split the amount of players we have on 'w1' now.

Very good you keep coming with fresh ideas, keep it up :)